The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/22/2020 12:29 am  #1

(Potential) Request for Affiliation with the GGaD Wikia/Boardhost

Hi!
I was wondering if there is any way we could affiliate with the GGaD Wikia and/or Boardhost?
Forumers are present on both platforms. It might be beneficial if we could connect them.

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
Birds aren't real.

5/22/2020 3:00 am  #2

Re: (Potential) Request for Affiliation with the GGaD Wikia/Boardhost

How so? I'd rather we only have people from our wiki/Discord server here, but if you can give me some good reasons, I might be open to associating with them.

Zzzzura 
Administrator

5/25/2020 12:20 am  #3

I'm trying to work out some other things on my end, but I don't think you addressed the wiki affiliation part. Is there an opinion you have for that?
Furthermore, I'd like to mention that most users on the GGaD wiki have at least dropped by the Scholastic Forums Wiki before, even if they aren't active. I think that qualifies them to be members, since activity isn't the criteria for that.

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
Birds aren't real.

5/25/2020 1:14 am  #4

I'll think about it. Have to discuss this with the other mods.

Zzzzura 
Administrator

5/25/2020 12:48 pm  #5

Okay, here’s the verdict: 

You never gave me any reasons this would benefit us, but we need to boost activity anyway, so I’m for it regardless. :D However, if it gets uncomfortable for us (us being the “originals”) — hopefully it won’t, but in the event that it does — we reserve the right to back out of this. I’m sure it’ll be fine because they all seem like very nice people, but we’re hesitant to let a bunch of non-members in after that flood of strangers in April, so I’m putting that out there. That aside, it's a go.

Let me know what they say. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Zzzzura 
Administrator

5/26/2020 3:03 pm  #6

whoot whoot

necro(mancer)
| they/them | 

5/26/2020 10:52 pm  #7

Sorry, I was on my hand too lazy to immediately talk with the GGaD community. I'll make an announcement over there in the near future real quick. And since it's a partnership for both sides, I reckon both sides have the right to back out with community agreement.
As for reasons, even if it's passed, I as well as other members of the community thought it'd be nice to have even more forumers gathered together or at least with means to contact one another if necessary. As a staff member of another wiki that works formally there, I'm used to formal reasons and such, but in this case I have to admit that I didn't think of it as formally as I may have phrased it in the first place.
As for all the mods who partook in the discussion elsewhere and helped reach this decision, thank you. I hope we can all get along as always!

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

5/27/2020 10:12 pm  #8

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Sorry, I was on my hand too lazy to immediately talk with the GGaD community. I'll make an announcement over there in the near future real quick. And since it's a partnership for both sides, I reckon both sides have the right to back out with community agreement.
As for reasons, even if it's passed, I as well as other members of the community thought it'd be nice to have even more forumers gathered together or at least with means to contact one another if necessary. As a staff member of another wiki that works formally there, I'm used to formal reasons and such, but in this case I have to admit that I didn't think of it as formally as I may have phrased it in the first place.
As for all the mods who partook in the discussion elsewhere and helped reach this decision, thank you. I hope we can all get along as always!

-Galaxian-

Cool, I'll make an announcement when I get around to it. 

Zzzzura 
Administrator

5/30/2020 12:38 am  #9

Sorry for the late response, but that sounds good.

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

Board footera