The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/20/2022 3:16 am  #1

*casually checks pulse of the forum*

Anyone still alive lol? I have some fond memories of the Scholastic MBs, particularly the SAMB, even if I wasn't the most well known or active. It was real cool to see a revival by some of the OGs even if it's fairly inactive.

I think the last time I used the MBs was when I was about 13 or 14. I'm older now, and in highschool, which I've managed to stumble through so far without dying of boredom, thank you very much.  Honestly I distinctly remember the message boards had a sense of community other platforms I'd been in couldn't seem to replicate. It was like a small town. Everyone just kind of knew eachother, and if they didn't, they would soon enough.

Funnily enough, I still remember my username. I think it was Windwolf248. I was not creative as an 8 year old.

Anyways, how are you guys doing? How's life? Any criticisms on the writing of the books the message boards were based on?

(Because uh, now that I'm older.. HOO boy Wings of Fire has.. quite a few problems to say the least. However, I haven't read the second or third arc, so maybe it improved. I don't know.)

⠀~ Fiver
⠀⠀"Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does." 
⠀⠀- Jean-Paul Sartre

2/20/2022 10:52 am  #2

Re: *casually checks pulse of the forum*

(Don't read arc two or three. The writing only got worse.)

Your username sounds familiar. Nice to meet you again. My name is Leif, but most people call me Zura.

Zzzzura 
Administrator

2/21/2022 2:48 pm  #3

(Well... that's concerning. I guess it's like Warriors; it ages like milk.)
Yeah, then again there were probably lots of other "Windwolf" people out there lol. I do think I remember seeing a few others, at least in the SA game. Nice to meet you too, Zura!

⠀~ Fiver
⠀⠀"Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does." 
⠀⠀- Jean-Paul Sartre

2/22/2022 2:40 am  #4

No I thought that 6 and 7 were pretty decent. I think I liked arc 2 the most when I was a younger. But yeah I couldn't get past the 2 or 3 book of arc 3.

You probably don't know me if you were more of a SAMB person, but hi, I'm Time. Meeting a bit too late though huh.

I think this place is quite gone. It really used to have a roaring activity for a short time. Now I'm only in contact with a handful of forumers.

Last edited by Time (2/22/2022 2:45 am)

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

2/22/2022 12:08 pm  #5

Yes, this place is very dead. You're better off with the sites on this list: Scholastic Forums » Discord Servers and Other Sites with Forumers (WORK IN PROGRESS) (boardhost.com)

Zzzzura 
Administrator

3/05/2022 3:55 pm  #6

Hi uwu, I'm Echo, nice to meet you, and also yea it's very dead here

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

3/08/2022 5:49 pm  #7

Hey, Fiver! (Pretend I'm not responding half a month later. Life got in the way.) I'm Galaxian, short for Galaxian Explosion. I think I remember a few Windwolfs, but you'd have to tell me your older nickname for me to tell if I knew you. As for me, I was part of the later generations of the SAMB--June 2018 to start, to be specific. So, I don't know if we ever chanced upon each other. My username was scarletdragon3016, by the way.
I never actually read WoF, but I remember it being really popular for a bit.
Congratulations on making it through high school, and good luck for anything upcoming you have in your life!

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
Birds aren't real.

Board footera