The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/23/2020 10:15 pm  #26

Re: School of the Cursed |•| By Rune

Who's gonna tell Specter the identity of the prince ain't a secret

-Galaxian-

Last edited by GalaxianExplosion (7/23/2020 10:16 pm)

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
Birds aren't real.

7/23/2020 10:20 pm  #27

I need to reread probably xD but I will.

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

7/24/2020 4:32 pm  #28

Oof it's getting interesting. Very nice!

I also must say that staring at different time periods being one of the ways Time can accdeintly trigger his power was a smart idea. Lol.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

7/24/2020 6:22 pm  #29

ajdsklksdfklsdl

I love your writing style

[/Astra|Evergreen\]
She/Her
s l e e p

wow i exist??

7/24/2020 6:33 pm  #30

:D thanks guys!! I'm already working on the next chapter!

7/24/2020 9:54 pm  #31

That's great to hear!

Last edited by Time (7/24/2020 9:55 pm)

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

7/30/2020 1:21 pm  #32

Chapter Four
It wasn't like Xenon to follow other students to lunch. Then again, it wasn't like them to read notes he was supposed to be passing, even if it had fallen open onto their desk. Still, it wasn't everyday you hear about royalty attending your school.

Xenon let out a puff of air when they saw Fallon stop to talk to someone. Stopping in their tracks, Xenon watched as she spoke and shuffled their feet. Their stomach growled, reminding them that they didn't have forever to get to lunch. Xenon frowned.

Finally, Fallon began walking again. Quickly, Xenon began following, picking up their pace so he could catch her before losing her in the bustling cafeteria. She was almost through the doors--

Xenon grabbed her arm just in time. The black haired girl jumped and whirled around to look at him, her different colored eyes wide with surprise. "Um...hi?"

Tense, Xenon struggled to form the right sentence. They felt his hair begin to grow and shift from black to brown to orange to blue until it just about touched his shoulders and somehow stayed bright yellow. Their face flamed with embarrassment. "I, well, um, yes, hello. I...was wondering if... you're really sure about that note Rebel passed you in class." Seeing her paled expression, they cringed. Quickly, they continued, "It fell open on my desk! I promise! I just want to know if it's true or not!"

Fallon glanced around before quickly nodding. "Yes, I'm pretty sure it's true the prince is at our school, but--"

"Did you just say the prince is at our school?" Someone squealed in delight and wrapped their arms around both of their shoulders. Xenon quickly noticed the brunette girl with blue-gray eyes as Astra. With the new arrival, they felt his eyes change to match the color of hers.

"What?! No, Astra, I said nothing like that--" Fallon quickly argued. 

"Oh my gosh the prince is attending our school!" Astra hopped back and began squealing again. "This is awesome news! I wonder who he could be?"

"Whoever it is, they wanted to keep attending this school a secret for a reason," Xenon interjected.

Astra's smile faded as he excitement deflated, but she nodded. "Yeah, you're right. Sorry -- I won't tell anyone."

Fallon sighed, relieved. "Thanks."

"Yeah...well, I'll see you guys later. Bye." Astra headed off into the cafeteria, shoulders drooped. 

Fallon side glanced at Xenon. "I'm guessing you'll be keeping this quiet too?"

Xenon nodded, willing their hair to return to its typical brown with bleached ends. "I will, I promise."

She smiled. "Thanks. Er, I'll see you in physics I guess." Waving, she hurried after Astra into the cafeteria. 

---

As soon as Rysun strode into the cafeteria, Joy -- his girlfriend with stunning glass butterfly wings -- giddily rushed over to him. "Did you hear?!" she excitedly whispered. But before Rysun could ask what exactly he heard, she answered herself. "Rumor has it the Prince of Audranyth is here! At *our* school! Can you believe it?!"

For a long few seconds, Rysun just stared at her, his jaw hanging open. "Wait, what?!" 

"The Prince of Audranyth is at our school!" Joy gushed again. This time, she grabbed his hand and began pulling him to their usual table. Noticing the food already at the table, Rysun guessed Joy had gotten here early and got food for both of them. 

"Where did you hear this from?!"

"Oh, well I overheard Astra, Fallon, and… Xenon I think? Dunno, it was a little hard to tell with the bright yellow hair. Anyway, they were talking about it just outside the cafeteria! Can you believe it?"

"I...I don't know," Rysun grumbled as he took a seat. "They're just rumors, right? We don't know it's true."

"Well, I guess not, but it's fun to think about, don't you think? I mean, I could share a class with the prince without even knowing it!"

Rysun slowly nodded. "Fair enough, I guess." He had to admit, he was still pretty excited about it, especially since he knew it was more than a rumor; it was true.

Joy took a sip from a juicebox. "Anyway, how was ability training?  Do anything cool today?"

"Yeah, I tried to find out the location of something my teacher hid in the gym." He shrugged, using a fork to play with his salad. "It was alright, I guess."

"That's nice to hear! Hey, speaking of hearing, do you have any idea when homecoming is? Any teachers tell you yet?"

Laughing, he shook his head and gently grabbed her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. "No, not yet. But I promise you, whenever it does come around, I'll ask you as soon as I can. I know you're excited for your first high school dance."

"Excited might be a bit of an understatement," someone chuckled as they sat down. Astra's familiar face appeared across the table, and it wasn't long before quiet Aster sat down beside her. "I would always squeal whenever someone brought it up!"

Joy giggled. "Wow! Was it everything you hoped it would be?"

Rysun noticed Astra's smile was forced, which left him confused. Still, she answered with as much enthusiasm as she normally did. "Yes, it was! You'll have the best time, trust me!"

"Oh, I really can't wait!" Joy exclaimed. 

"Er, what's homecoming?" Aster asked. He seemed to pale slightly and then quickly added, "They didn't have it at my last school."

"It's basically a dance that gets everyone hyped for the school year," Astra explained, glancing over at him. "It'll be great, trust me!"

The other black haired boy nodded despite not quite looking entirely content.

"So…" Astra spun her water bottle on the table. "Anything interesting going on? How do you guys like your teachers so far?"

"They seem alright!" Joy chirped, her butterfly wings flapping excitedly. "But I heard the best news in the hall coming here! Apparently the Prince of Audranyth is supposed to be attending our school this year!"

Aster choked on his drink, Astra turned pale and let her water bottle fall into the floor, and Rysun winced as the voice entered his head again. 

I'm the Prince of Audranyth.

Rysun locked eyes with Aster, realization drawing on him. 

Aster was the prince. 

Sputtering, Aster quickly looked away and focused on his breathing. The tips of his black hair were turning white like snow at an alarming rate, and the temperature around them was surprisingly dropping. Rising to his feet, Rysun helped Aster up. It was then Rysun noticed the other's skin was cold to the touch, and his fingertips were turning to ice. "I should bring him to the nurse. He doesn't look too good."

"Probably a good idea," Astra squeaked, snapping out of her trance and picking up her water bottle. 

Joy frowned but nodded. "Ok, I'll see you later then."

Rysun and Aster left the cafeteria, and with each second that went by, the ice on Aster's fingertips spread. Rysun made sure their pace never fell below a fast walk. 

"Aster, you're the prince, aren't you?" he mumbled when nobody was around. 

An awful crunching sound reached Rysun's ears. He glanced over and noticed that the ice was up to Aster's elbows. Grinding his teeth, Aster protested, "I'm not--"

"My power is having secrets given to me at random times. Yours is being the Prince of Audranyth. I've heard it twice now."

Aster shook his head. "Please don't tell anyone! I don't know how the secret got out in the first place! I haven't told anyone who I am, and neither has my father!" Freezing in his tracks, Aster turned to look at Rysun. "You didn't tell anyone, did you?"

"No! No, of course not! I don't go around telling people's secrets!" Rysun pushed After forward again, worried that pulling him forward might break his icy arms. "Besides, I only just found out before lunch. I don't know how word could've gotten out."

"Th-that's just great." Aster's walk became jerky; the ice must've gone past his knees. His teeth began chattering. "H-how much longer until we get to the infirmary?"

"I think... we're here!" Next to the two students was a large door. Rysun pulled it open, relieved to see one of the nurses sitting behind a desk just a few feet inside. Rushing over to it, he hurriedly said, "Aster needs help! His power is turning him to ice!"

The nurse jumped up and helped Aster inside the infirmary. "Thank you very much! I'll make sure he's taken care of. Are you in need of anything?"

Rysun shook his head. "No, I'm just fine."

"Good, good. Run along now, you can visit him later. I'm sure you've got somewhere to be. Class starts in--" the bell rang, signalling the end of lunch -- "ten minutes."

"Thank you!" Rysun told her as he dashed off. 

Before he could go to his next class, Rysun needed to pop by his dorm to pick up a summer project he had to do for history. He knew it should've been on one of the desks in the center of the room, and right next to an essay he had to write to accommodate the model of a battle he created. But when he stepped through the door of his dorm, he froze. 

Everything was an absolute mess. Drawers had been pulled out from the desks, which had been thrown onto their sides and tossed into random spots of the room. All three mattresses were pulled off the beds, as were their covers. Posters were torn off the walls, papers scattered everywhere, and clothes were heaped in piles on the ground. And worst of all, Rysun couldn't see any hint of his project anywhere. 

Rysun was vaguely aware of footsteps approaching from behind. They stopped abruptly, and spoke in a voice Rysun recognized as Time's. "What the… What happened here?"

"I have no idea."

Last edited by Rune01 (7/30/2020 1:27 pm)

7/30/2020 1:42 pm  #33

This chapter shows the consequences of gossip xDDD

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
Birds aren't real.

7/30/2020 3:00 pm  #34

adklsLKAELDSJEKLDS

tHE "sEcREt" Is OUt

[/Astra|Evergreen\]
She/Her
s l e e p

wow i exist??

7/30/2020 3:06 pm  #35

Oh my gosh xD I didn't expect everyone to spread the rumor/secret around like that.
Wonder what happened in the dorm 👀

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

7/30/2020 3:57 pm  #36

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

This chapter shows the consequences of gossip xDDD

-Galaxian-

I mean, you're not wrong XD

:-D glad to guys enjoyed the chapter!!

7/30/2020 6:52 pm  #37

This was a great chapter!!! Love it so far!

"So hot, I melt oceans, so cool, my drip is more than oceans,"

~ The one and only, Rysun

Also, proud boyfriend of @Joy. 

8/01/2020 6:06 pm  #38

This is indeed a great chapter!

Though what could have happened???

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

1/17/2021 7:55 pm  #39

live

[/Astra|Evergreen\]
She/Her
s l e e p

wow i exist??

1/17/2021 8:16 pm  #40

Oh shoot I kinda forgot about this--

Last edited by Rune01 (1/17/2021 8:16 pm)

1/17/2021 8:21 pm  #41

lol

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

1/17/2021 8:23 pm  #42

Time to get writing, but who knows when the next chapter will be out? XD

1/18/2021 1:44 am  #43

bruh moment indeed lol

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

1/18/2021 6:43 pm  #44

That's an oof

[/Astra|Evergreen\]
She/Her
s l e e p

wow i exist??

1/19/2021 6:26 pm  #45

DID SOMEONE SAY STORMY IS A CAT

I NOW REQUEST THAT EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T SUBMITTED A FORM I POSSES THIS CAT AND IT IS NOW ME YES

_-=+Imagine+=-_
      [7/04/17]

[He/Him]
"lmao did you think i could come up with an inspirational quote"

Board footera