The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/12/2020 10:32 pm  #51

Re: Midnight City |•| A FWRP by Rune

*facepalm* I did my math wrong. Robin is 16--not 17. I'll fix that. Sorry about that.

↠nightwolf↞
| [pronouns don't matter to me] | [anime + kpop] |
↬trying my best not to get nervous lol↫

8/12/2020 10:34 pm  #52

@Nightwolf, oooh ok XD. Yeah, still DM Astra about that. Maybe there's two sets of twins in the Monstrone family.

8/12/2020 10:41 pm  #53

I will )

↠nightwolf↞

8/12/2020 10:57 pm  #54

Name: Rylin Syntra
°Nickname: Ry (like rye for pronunciation)
Gender/Pronouns: Female, She/her
Sexuality: Bisexual
Class: Lady

Appearance: Short, bobbed hair that is dyed silver (natural color is auburn). Light gray eyes that are fairly average in size, and have a slight upwards slant to them. Smattering of freckles on face across cheeks and bridge of nose, and then some around the rest of her body as well. Fairly pale skin that doesn’t tan (not that they’re under the sun anyways, but still), and a semi-muscular build. Stands at roughly 5’2”, and isn’t particularly fond of it. Whenever she has to wear paint, hers is typically a gray/silver, and she does the minimum.
Clothing Preference: Ry is almost always wearing a black jacket that goes down to her knees in length, with the two sides in the front not connected (though they can be). It has five bands across this front area that are split on the two sides, each outlined in silver, and with a nondescript button near the edge where they would connect. It has a tall, stiff neck, and a hood connected on the inside that she can pull up if she desires, though it takes a bit of effort for her to get it out of the spot that it typically occupies, as it doesn’t just hang behind. Other than the coat, she tends to wear darker colored clothing that doesn’t really attract much attention, and her shoe choice is often some sort of boot, be it a practical type or not. She also has a tendency to wear fingerless gloves that are a brighter color than the rest of her wardrobe, but still not glaringly so. She will wear the jacket regardless of what temperature or season may be.
Personality: Ry often will ignore formalities in conversation and the like, and will rarely skirt around things, instead just getting to the point. She has a tendency to disregard the privacy of other conversations, and often will be in places or overhearing things she probably shouldn’t be. She is quite curious, and she will go quite far to satiate that curiosity, regardless of how legal it is. She is fairly reckless, often acting on impulse or not thinking about the consequences of her actions. She rarely comes off as serious, sometimes on matters or at points where she actually is. Despite her curiosity, she isn’t really a flashy person, instead preferring to not stand out much, if at all. If needed, she can talk her way around things, but she tries to avoid having to do so. She is fairly clever, and she will work to make sure she has the upper hand at pretty much anything she may need it in. She hates feeling as though she doesn’t have the necessary information or knowledge over things, or knowing that she doesn’t, and will go to great lengths to try and remedy this. Ry is at times punctual, but she often will be late or early to something if she thinks that it works out better for her.
°Likes: Information, hidden spaces, crowds, instrumental pieces, mystery/crime and horror novels, shadows, bluffing games
°Dislikes: Being called short in any capacity, nuts, flashiness, romance novels, fairly empty locations, lacking knowledge

°Backstory: Ry was born to a lower working class family as the eldest of four. Even as a child, she often would go to places that she shouldn’t be, at times getting in trouble, but she never seemed to learn from this and kept doing it. In doing so, she often delighted in what she knew that others were unaware of or that would prove detrimental to them if made known. While she rarely acted on what she learned, she still continued to find out more. While she was quite invested in this activity, she also was fairly studious, hoping to make her parents proud by gaining a higher rank, which she achieved at the exam, and then wound up in her current position.
°Job/Career?: Information broker, though she works on the side as a surveyor. She also tells anyone who asks that she's a surveyor.
°Ability: Ry has fairly standard echolocation - she is able to cast out a high-pitched noise and receive an image back. She is quite adept at using it, and usually uses it to help her with her work.°Crush/Shippable?: Maybe.
 Other: Sunrise; ambidextrous

Last edited by DarkLordRebel (8/13/2020 1:25 am)

>ℜ𝔢ɮ𝔢𝔩<
Our scarlet eyes will watch you keenly... friend.
And so I arrive!

We shouldn't even dare to think about a secret sneak attack. Perish the thought!

So I guess we're gonna have to... FACE. OFF.

The hydra was better.

8/13/2020 9:10 am  #55

Alright she says it's cool )

↠nightwolf↞

8/13/2020 2:21 pm  #56

@Rebel, accepted!

@Nightwolf, great! :D

8/13/2020 4:42 pm  #57

Oh and one more thing: I switched NightWolf's PoV color to this because I thought that this would be more readable :D

Also, is face paint and everyday thing or a festivity thing?

Last edited by nightwolf (8/13/2020 4:44 pm)

↠nightwolf↞

8/13/2020 5:50 pm  #58

@Nightwolf, ok! And the face paint is only for days important to a person, so it'll vary from when people will wear it. It's not an everyday thing though. 

8/13/2020 6:48 pm  #59

I see. Thank you

↠nightwolf↞

9/15/2020 3:26 pm  #60

Name: Vita Stellatus
°Nickname{s}: 
°Grade: 11th
Gender/Pronouns: Female, she/her/hers
Sexuality: Bi
Class: Lady

Appearance: Waist-length, straight, (dyed) light green hair worn in a long ponytail. Fairly tall, with light brown skin and a lithe build. Large brown eyes, thin, arched eyebrows, and a pointy nose.
Clothing Preference: Fashionable clothes, typically in various shades of green and blue. Often wears sapphire blue lipstick.
Personality: Vita is outgoing, energetic, and friendly. However, she cares a lot about school, and she's also determined to do at least as well on the test as her parents did. As such, a lot of her time is taken up by studying. She doesn't exactly think the test is fair, and if she *is* put into a higher position (which she intends to be), she'll try to make changes that genuinely help people. She's quite ambitious, and has the skill and perseverance to back it up, but her generally kind nature may get in her way.
°Likes: Music, dancing (not any particular style, she just makes it up as she goes along), animals (particularly "weird" animals, like lizards, snakes, and insects), there probably aren't rollercoasters in this underground city but if there were she'd love them, sweets, most of her teachers to varying degrees
°Dislikes: Overly negative people, bad teachers

°Backstory:
°Job/Career?: High school student
°Ability: Glowing (green)
°Crush/Shippable?: Shippable, no crush yet
Other:  She has retinitis pigmentosa, but so far her only symptom is nyctalopia (meaning it takes longer for her to adjust from brightly lit to dimly lit and dark places). Sunrise 

9/15/2020 6:53 pm  #61

@Firework, accepted!

12/03/2020 6:33 pm  #62

The links in Appearance and Clothing Preferences are to the postimage page where I put my art of Jayden and to my art thread, where it has also been posted

Name: Jayden Allicaster

°Nickname{s}: Jay (close friends) Jay-jay (familial)
°Grade {9-12}: 12
Gender/Pronouns: Cis male, he/him
Sexuality: Pansexual
Class {Duke/Duchess, Lord/Lady, etc}: Higher Working Class

Appearance: https://i.postimg.cc/LsrShXwT/Jayden-Midnight-City.jpg
Clothing Preference: https://scholastic.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=28324#p28324
Personality: Jayden is generally quiet and dismissive, treating others politely and distantly. He has no time for other people or their rules unless they benefit him in some way. Highly intellectual, Jayden also appreciates the value of hard labor after growing up assisting with his parents’ farm. A tad bit arrogant, Jayden hates teasing and pretends an air of aloof detachment. He is brutally honest and quiet sarcastic, but has an incurable sense of curiosity.
°Likes: Jayden likes young children, black coffee, exploring, entomology, fungi, and biology
°Dislikes: Jayden dislikes large crowds, xenophobic people, and sleeping

°Backstory: Jayden originates from The Above, adopted by his Undergrounder parents at birth. As a child, he always noticed how his physical appearance differed from others and felt self-conscious about how he looked. He tended towards exploring the area of the Lantern Forest contained within his parent’s property, studiously studying and diagramming the fungi and cavern-dwellers located within his backyard. Living on the far edge of Midnight City like he did, Jayden ended up lonely and independent, often excused from attending school to help his parents on their farm. Jayden would like to become a biologist and study the depths of The Below that fascinate him so much.
°Job/Career?: Assists his parents at their ‘shroom farm
°Ability {Please read the section "Abilities" in "Information"}: none
°Crush/Shippable?: yes
Other: sunshine
Fun Facts:
- Jayden is highly proficient with a shotgun.
- He takes meds every morning for ADD and vitamin d deficiency
- The Allicaster’s “Fun Fungi Farm” specializes in vast crops of densely packed “sporebread”, a bioengineered fungi designed to fill the role of a cereal grain. They alternate this dense, high-yield monocrop with rounds of a beneficial cover crop, which is fed upon by a small herd of giant cockroaches (a great supply of protein) and harvested in the off-season. In addition, a good portion of the fertilizer produced by the Midnightians goes to the F3.

Last edited by Moonflight (12/03/2020 6:35 pm)

MOONFLIGHT
20 | she/they
since 7/31/2017

Board footera