The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/13/2020 12:58 am  #1

BOBCAT. COME HERE. NOW.

​okay I think there's like an inbox where you can privately send messages but im just gonna be a grandma and make a chat thread like old times sake

​I miss you and I've been excited to see your account floating around! how's it going in bobcat-land?

god loves you all!  

howdy it's storm! 
she/her, 16 year old in cst 
im a trumpet player and im also a big brass nerd

im now mainly active on discord. please shoot me a friend request at stormyskies#7352 ! 
have a nice day and remember to take care of yourself! you're loved! 

7/13/2020 9:13 am  #2

Re: BOBCAT. COME HERE. NOW.

I've missed you too!!

There is a private messaging function, but chat threads are made to be spied on and I wouldn't deny anyone the privilege. After all, I tend to creep on other people's chat threads so I feel that it's my civic duty to return the favor.

Bobcat-land has been good. I think the last time we talked, I was stressed about going into High School band. Or maybe it was about getting a new director? Either way, everything ended working out in the end and I'm working on my audition stuff for college! I have a year left in high school and the snare auditions aren't until the spring, but oof I have a lot of things that need cleaning up (looking at you traditional grip perididdles). Next year will be my third year of being percussion section leader and I wish I could just give my utterly freaked out freshman self a hug and tell her to calm down. How is band going for you?

Junior year! That's exciting! I'd say Junior year was simultaneously the best/worst year of high school for me. I leaned a bunch and had lots of fun but I way over-scheduled myself with extra curricular and church stuff on top of a hecka crazy homework load. Would not recommend. And the ACT! Does your school require you all to take it? Wisconsin law does, which is fun.

What is the state of Storm-land? Anything noteworthy going on or coming up?

Bobcat
"To be kept waiting is unfortunate, but to
be kept waiting with nothing interesting to
read is a tragedy of Greek proportions.” 

-Maryrose Wood

7/15/2020 12:09 am  #3

oh geez, it was that long ago???? I thought you were so much older than me or something! I thought you would be in college by now. good luck with your audition stuff? are you gonna major in music?
THREE YEARS OF BEING SECTION LEADER?! that's crazy. oh wait your high school is pretty small, right? so you have less competition to worry about. regardless, that's pretty awesome. 
​band's been going alright, I think! somehow im one of the top trumpet players in the band????? last year there was a group of us trumpets working with a professional trumpet player guy and we played in an ensemble to compete for NTC. we made it through the first round and then for the next part we were gonna go there and we could've kicked butt, but the virus shut everything down. so that was a bummer. but it was a lot of fun and lots of staying after school and McDonalds trips.

​yeaaaaah I've heard that junior year is like one of the worst years. I think band is really my only extracurricular, so hopefully that'll help me out? I think im required to take it at some point too? oof. im not looking forward to it.

well in the past few months the neighbors across the street and to the side of us got puppies. and one of them loves playing with my dog Jayhawk and they are like best friends! and then the other puppy loves me and is just very sweet. anyways, they both work in the medical field, so if they're both at work, I'll get to dogsit them! and they made sure that it's safe and stuff for me to go inside their house. but its a lot of fun, and they pay me well. and they're also very nice too! 

did you do other extra curricular besides like band and church? I can't remember if you're a sporty kid. I don't think you are, but I also believe that you could surprise me. 

god loves you all! 

howdy it's storm! 

im now mainly active on discord. please shoot me a friend request at stormyskies#7352 ! 

7/16/2020 4:49 pm  #4

I'm planning on majoring in Ecology or Enviromental Science, but I'd love continue musical stuff throughout college! The goal is to be a ranger at a national or state park, but a music career would be pretty fun too. What about you?

Aww, too bad about your competition! I'm glad you had fun preparing for it, though. Will you guys have a shot at it next year? And I'm super proud of you for being a snazzy trumpet™! Will you please come to our school? Our best trumpet player just graduated, bleh.

You'll do great at the ACT, don't worry! It mostly sucked for our grade because our school district requires us to take a (mostly useless, in my humble opinion) ACT practice course all year. Three days a week during advisory—there goes all the extra homework time! The test itself was a bit stressful, but it was over with relatively quickly.

Oh man, I remember when you got Jayhawk! I'm glad he has a buddy now. Our neighbors have a dog, but it is an angrily-chase-unsuspecting-pedestrians-down-the-sidewalk kind of pooch, not a play-fetch-and-accept-tummy-rubs dog. Sad days.

I'm not in any sports, but I am in a heck ton of other things! Next year I'll be the community relations person for our FBLA (Future Buisness Leaders of America) chapter, I'm running for either community relations or vice president in National Honors Society, and I'm in Link Crew (a group of upperclassmen that works with the incoming freshmen). I'm also center snare/section leader for our drumline and I've been taking piano lessons for 10 years. Are you a sporty kid? I honestly could see it go either way. Besides band and church, what things are you involved with?

By the way, sorry it took me so long to respond to this! I was at a cabin without internet for the last couple days.

Last edited by Bobcatsio (7/16/2020 4:53 pm)

Bobcat
"To be kept waiting is unfortunate, but to
be kept waiting with nothing interesting to
read is a tragedy of Greek proportions.” 

-Maryrose Wood

9/01/2020 9:58 pm  #5

aaaaaaah i am so sorry for not checking. I need to get in the habit (,  ,)

ohhh! my sister used to/is studying environmental science too! uhhhhh I dunno what I wanna do?? maybe something with trumpet but that's a lot of pressure and not a lot of money??? I don't know. maybe something with graphic design would be cool????? I dunno yet. 

​I think this year the national trumpet competition is gonna be virtual! so yes! hopefully it'll happen! 
​sure, I'll come over, got nothing better to do.

ohhhh it's required for you guys? we have an optional elective course but it always fills up fast. sucks that it didn't help you though.

oh nooo, those poor pedestrians
​Jayhawk will sometimes bark at them too but there's an invisible fence so hopefully he isn't too scary. 

​future business leaders of america? that sounds pretty nifty. and you're in the national honors society? wow, what a nerd. hahaha. you're a nerd. 
nah but that's still pretty cool!
you got a good variety of things going on!

​I used to play basketball and softball but I wasn't very good at either of them and I don't think I liked them that much? like I enjoyed playing it when it came up in the pe unit but I didn't like going to practices as much and stuff like that. and im not a very aggressive player either.

​uhhhhh band's pretty much the only thing I'm involved with. I like doing nothing :]

no worries! 

take care of yourselves! 

howdy it's storm! 

Board footera