The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/01/2020 12:36 pm  #1

Inside Ecaprion - a FWRP by Ephemeris

OVERVIEW

In this city, lives are nothing. Money is everything. 

The richest among society can have every whim, everything they could ever want, in an instant. Provided they can afford it. They live in a perfect world - lives of glamour and excitement, and long lives at that. 

For centuries, as long as anyone can remember, society has been wrent with a harsh divide. There’s no in between. No ’getting by’. You have money, or you live a fate worse than a half life. The poor are victims of great deprivation, forced to scavenge from what the other half have discarded. They live beneath the ’surface’, in the dregs far below their wealthy counterparts. Out of sight, out of mind, or so they say. 

BACKGROUND

In the huge, world-spanning city of Ecaprion the poor are commonly exploited for their emotions and memories, to become part of a recreational item used for the enjoyment of the better half of society (in temporary chips that can be placed into a special cavity on the neck used to relive others memories). Their positive memories are stolen straight out of them, leaving a cavity behind, and their mind incomplete. Most die or become completely numb and unable to think for themselves. Others go mad. Once the traffickers have what they want, they discard these broken husks like unwanted toys. 

Human experimentation is also a huge problem. Many cosmetics and pharmaceutical companies use the deprived to test their products, with a complete disregard to the health of their subjects. There are rumours of companies that do worse still, but such conspiracies are quickly squashed, lest they themselves draw the eyre of such places.

Everyone has some kind of enhancement, visible or not. Technology allows for a myriad of customisations, from animal ears to physically enhancing chips to colour-changing iris implants. Some have more enhancements than others, and it is common to have many. 

’Androids’ are also commonplace. These intelligent robots are employed in many service roles, from personal care to cooking, and can be found almost everywhere. Very rarely, some of the higher functioning - those in more complex and personal roles- have the capacity to become rogue. Just because they are intelligent doesn’t mean they will always go rogue however- most are very happy in their position and have no desire to do anything other than what they already do. 

Ironically, animals (all pets or in the equivalent of ’zoos’) are highly valued, even more so than the lives of some of the population. Genetically engineered creatures are incredibly varied (but much more common and worth a lot less than ’regular’ animals) and include fantastical and nonsensical animals. 

Entertainments include the highly popular vocaloids, AIs that can sing and dance (there are no human singers any more), huge shopping districts, strips of road where people can drive their own vehicle (this is the only place they can do so, all other transport is public, and people are banned from driving their own vehicle otherwise), various forms of racing (think hoverboards, jet-powered hanglider-type things and flying trikes) and tv entertainment.   

FACTIONS AND ALIGNMENTS 

Rebellious: actively trying to stop the trafficking of the deprived. Different sections exist- some are peaceful, some are violent. 

Neutral: aren’t involved in either faction, and do not actively support either (can have opinions of course, but won’t act on them)

Orderly: Seek to preserve society the way that it is. Again, views vary vastly- some will actively hunt out rebellious and their supporters and kill/torture/subdue them, others will be less radical. People in this faction are by no means evil or have ill-morals.  

If you’d like to make your own faction, let me know!   

RULES
Powerful characters are allowed to an extent, but they shouldn’t be invincible and their power(s) need to be aptly justified. There’s no good giving them a hundred abilities with a two-word description and no reason behind them.
If you’ve read this far, put ’dreams are for the rich’ in your character’s POV colour in other.
If I don’t accept your form, I will always tell you why.
Usual stuff about being pleasant.
Max two characters per person, and one has to be a forumsona if you have one. If you don’t at least one of your characters must be human.
Forumsonas must be human.
For my sake, please delete everything in brackets in the forms.
*Tagged parts are optional. If they aren’t applicable to your character or you don’t want to fill them in delete them. 

I’ll be posting my own form soon. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.  

HUMAN FORM
Name: 
*Alias(es):
*Blood Type: 
Gender/Pronouns:  
Sexuality: 

Personality: 

Physical Apperance: 

Clothes Preferences: 

Alignment: 

Enhancements: (percent% roughly, then what the enhancements are) 

Powers/Abilities: 

Other:   

ANDROID FORM
Name/Alias: 
*Model Number: (whatever you like, can be complete nonsense but must have at least some numbers in it)
Hardware Age: 
Software Age: (must be less than hardware age) 
Pronouns:  
*Sexuality: (only applicable if they are attracted to others) 

Personality: (do they have a full range of emotions/what emotions do they have/how do they react in different situations?) 

Physical Appearance(s): 

Alignment: 

Enhancements: (percent%, then what the enhancements are) 

Powers/Abilities: 

Other:

Have fun!

Last edited by Ephemeris (8/03/2020 3:28 am)

Ephemeris
she/her | ambivert | leo
こぬか雨 'fine rain'

8/01/2020 1:49 pm  #2

Re: Inside Ecaprion - a FWRP by Ephemeris

Working on my forms now!

[/Astra|Evergreen\]
She/Her
s l e e p

wow i exist??

8/01/2020 1:52 pm  #3

Great! I’m glad you liked it enough to join :D

Ephemeris
she/her | ambivert | leo
こぬか雨 'fine rain'

8/01/2020 5:57 pm  #4

Ooh this seems cool. Give me some time to work some forms out

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/03/2020 3:26 am  #5

Heads up that my forms might take a little bit. Everyone’s welcome to take as much time as they need to finish theirs. I’ll still be checking regularly though so don’t worry about me missing anything.

Ephemeris
she/her | ambivert | leo
こぬか雨 'fine rain'

8/03/2020 6:30 pm  #6

got it!

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/04/2020 1:37 am  #7

I like the cyberpunk vibes of this setup

Name: Richard "Rick" Wheeler

*Alias: The Dealer
Gender/Pronouns:  Male, he/him
Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: A black market trafficker, Richard acquires and sells memories, weapons, enhancements, and anything else that can turn a profit. Cautious, bordering on paranoid, he tries to avoid showing any weakness to others, maintaining a smug, self-assured demeanor. If he doesn't have the upper hand, he at least wants people to think he does. Secretly he struggles with self-doubt about his lifestyle. Having seen how the poor are exploited (and having profited off it himself), he sometimes questions if everything he's been doing is wrong. Usually when that happens he drinks until the difficult thoughts go away. 

Physical Appearance: Around 5'9'' and skinny, with short black hair and a stubble beard. His unblinking brown eyes look normal at first glace, but they're oddly shiny and faintly glow in the dark. His right hand is made of a shiny silver metal

Clothes Preferences: Richard tends to wear a black three-piece suit under an unbuttoned gray trenchcoat, with dark sunglasses and a gray panama hat. Under his coat he has a shoulder holster with a pistol.

Alignment: Neutral. He sells to anyone who has cash and doesn't care about their affiliation

Enhancements: Both of his eyes have been replaced with robotic prosthetics. They can alternate between normal vision, low-light vision, infrared, and telescopic. Richard's right forearm and hand are metal and contain a small hidden revolver

Powers/Abilities: Quick thinker. Good at repairing and modifying weapons. His metal arm is faster and stronger than a normal one. 

Other: dreams are for the rich

Call me Marshall. Or Hungry, as that usually describes me.

"Chaos is only an enemy if you're unable to adapt"
-Шухрат Кессикбаев

Dealer of cursed artifacts

Chaotic Neutral energy

T̢h̛e v͝͝oi͜d̷̛ í̶s͘͜͞ ͢͠l̀͞o̵v͝ȩl̛y̸̢,̕͢ ̢̀h͡ǫ҉ṕ̶ ̵͟͏o̧n ҉̛i҉n̷̡

8/04/2020 2:16 am  #8

Haha yeah that’s what i was going for! Cyberpunk is one of my favourite genres.

Accepted!

Ephemeris
she/her | ambivert | leo
こぬか雨 'fine rain'

8/04/2020 11:40 pm  #9

Oh what about characters that just

are kinda evil?

Or is that a personality thing

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/05/2020 2:08 am  #10

That’s a personality thing, since you can have evil people with any alignment basically. Also, point of view, evil is kinda in the eye of the beholder in that some might think someone is evil but others not.

Last edited by Ephemeris (8/05/2020 2:09 am)

Ephemeris
she/her | ambivert | leo
こぬか雨 'fine rain'

8/05/2020 11:30 pm  #11

ohhh I see ok yeah I think ik yes

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/06/2020 12:37 am  #12

I need to say that I might not be as active (me joining too many RPs before I even know how school will go lol), but I am bookmarking and should be working on my form after I finish brainstorming (soon)!

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
Birds aren't real.

8/06/2020 4:29 am  #13

Great, thanks!

Ephemeris
she/her | ambivert | leo
こぬか雨 'fine rain'

8/06/2020 9:50 am  #14

I'd like to notify that I think that this is a great idea and I'll try to join at some point 👀
Just need to do some forms first but I'll be following this for the time being :D.

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

8/06/2020 2:40 pm  #15

No no that’s fine! Everyone will have as much time as they need and i’m still writing out my forms :D also thanks, i’m glad you like it!

Last edited by Ephemeris (8/06/2020 2:41 pm)

Ephemeris
she/her | ambivert | leo
こぬか雨 'fine rain'

8/10/2020 9:30 pm  #16

Uhhh it took a while but I have one! Hope more can join...

Name: Neer Pages
*Alias(es): Silver Eyes
*Blood Type: red
Gender/Pronouns: Male. He, him
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Neer is usually both calm, and at the same time, a guy that likes to joke a lot. I guess that means he’s very laid-back? Yeah. Mostly. He seems a lot of the time very indifferent about others and topics, making silly comparisons and such, and being lazy as well. But don’t let this first appearance of being lazy fool you. He still gets his work done and such, and possibly with flying colors as well. He knows when to be more serious, but he can’t help to say a few things to lighten up the mood. Also, his indifferent deminor isn’t entirely true. He can also be protective of things he holds close, such as his little stepsister.
Neer as well is fairly intelligent as well, he is highly perceptive, and insightful. He can be both very aware of details and look out to the big picture. He’s a quick thinker and can quickly get out of sticky scenarios. 
I think he’s pretty good at keeping a secret as well, seeing that normally in public, he seems a carefree but smart, prodigy head of a large tech company (named “slk rd”). But during other times, he’s much more quiet and serious. He really is against the abuse of the deprived, and really anything nasty in general. So when in public and speaking, it can be slightly noticed that he is, with little comments here and there. He does send money towards movements to stop the bad things in the world. And ones that align with him, of course. But he doesn’t like it exactly that he’s just helping out in a business, funding type of way. He sometimes likes to do things up close and personal to stop the abuse/manufacturing of the deprived. Most of the time, he’ll appear as a different persona to do his tasks (more in description). This persona, known as Silver Eyes, will do plenty of things, such as being the one that makes deals and funds movements, or maybe doing some dirty work himself (eliminating targets and such). He rarely shows up as Neer during these things. He has no problem working with criminals, as long as they align with him. Did whatever I just say make any sense? I hope so.
Physical Appearance: Neer is around 5’10” and is fairly silim, yet still has a pretty athletic body. He has tanned skin and silver eyes. His hair is a lot like his eyes, a silver color. However a bit more white.
Clothes Preferences: While speaking and in formal situations (where he is a lot) he normally wears a grey suit that consists of grey pants, a white shirt, a black vest, a black tie, and a grey jacket, followed with black shoes.
When out of these situations, you can see him wearing usually baggy, loose, and comfy clothing. These are usually neutral tones. Primary being grey. However he doesn’t shy away from occasionally wearing a non-neutral color, sometimes even being a bright color.
As Silver Eyes he wears almost all black. He wears a thick black jacket with dark gray as an interior of the coat, however he almost has it always zipped up. He has black pants and ankle high black shoes (just for ankle support). He also wears a full, metallic, mask. Covering his entire head and a part of his neck (Ig it’s more of a helmet huh.) It completely covers his identity (however that’s all I’m going to say lol idk anything else I should add as a mask design lol). On top of his jacket, only on his right arm is an extra layer of white fabric strapped on. It’s kinda like a shoulder pad, built with extra protection, even though Never had made the jacket he wears be bulletproof to most calibers. His clothing has padding as well, like knee and elbow pads built in. His hands are gloved, the one on his left being black, while the other on the right being white to blend in with the extra layer of protection.
Alignment: Rebellious
Enhancements: He has one eye that gives him enhanced vision, one that can read and gain data on objects and people.
Powers/Abilities: A marksman in multiple firearms and combat, Good at keeping secrets, Quick witted. Good with business.
Other:  Dreams are for the Rich (oh also I have other characters coming in this is just my first starter) I hope this form made sense lol. Oh also I think I can talk more about his company more if you need it. Would that be a faction??

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/10/2020 9:52 pm  #17

I'm working on the form, I swear, I'm working on MC before that though and I'm lazy sfjikjfdsof
I have the general design down hehe

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
Birds aren't real.

8/11/2020 2:24 am  #18

Oh uh hello people gimme a sec

Ephemeris
she/her | ambivert | leo
こぬか雨 'fine rain'

8/11/2020 2:27 am  #19

So @Time faboulously accepted, not sure about a company being a faction but i'd say probbably no since it's almost guarenteed at least one employee will have different beliefs. If you want to talk more feel free! Maybe i should make an information thread for info and worldbuilding

@Galaxian yeah i mean it’s my fwrp and i’m only halfway through my forms so don’t worry at all

Last edited by Ephemeris (8/11/2020 2:29 am)

Ephemeris
she/her | ambivert | leo
こぬか雨 'fine rain'

8/11/2020 12:56 pm  #20

I mean I can talk if needed more.

but maybe a world building thread would be nice

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/12/2020 3:31 pm  #21

Alright! Once i’ve finished my form (or maybe a little before) i’ll make one! Should be in the next few days.

Ephemeris
she/her | ambivert | leo
こぬか雨 'fine rain'

Board footera