The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/05/2020 11:39 pm  #1

Nevermoor | Story Sign Ups

I figured I give writing something on here a shot, and since I've listened to a song called "Web of Lies" far to much recently, I had an idea for it. Besides, who doesn't like a slightly mysterious setting?

The Hook
You’ve finally made it. After all of that cryptic nonsense on the way, Nevermoor, the midnight city, is within view. Even from a distance, it's easy to see where it got that name- all of the buildings are black, dark as can be. Most are tall, and as you look, it's difficult to not have some feeling of foreboding. However, you’ve already put so much effort into finding this elusive city, one that some said didn’t even exist, so you shrug it off and continue. You come closer, and soon you are at the edge of the city, a clear difference between the city and the environment it's surrounded by. The buildings are no less imposing here, but otherwise, the city seems normal. With that, you step into Nevermoor.
Things are not as they seem within Nevermoor. Once you entered, exit was no longer an option. An invisible barrier seems to surround the city now, preventing you from leaving. No one in the city seems as though they can see you, just going past you,  remarking on nothing that you do, nothing that you say. It's as though you don’t exist to them, yet you still clearly have a presence. Even standing in the middle of one of the many roads elicits nothing. The oddest part of the city is what has happened to you though- a mysterious weapon appearing in front of you that you somehow know how to use, some sort of new power coursing through your veins, and the fact that you don’t stay dead; rather, you just reappear, fine, a small distance away from where you died.
The longer you spend in Nevermoor, the more you realize that something is afoot. There is something here, something drawing people here, something that shouldn’t be here. Something lurking in the background, controlling everything. 

Extra Information about Nevermoor
Nevermoor isn’t the largest city, but it's by no means small. The buildings all tower, and the people don’t seem out of the ordinary in what they do or how they act. The main oddity is elsewhere.
It’s in the middle of essentially nowhere, and difficult to find. 
Nevermoor is essentially circular shaped, and there seems to be no real layout of any sort in how the streets and whatnot are layed out. It’s almost mazelike. 

Rules
1. No perfect or overpowered characters.
2. Max of two characters per person.
3. Put ‘Midnight City’ in other
4. Less a rule, but please delete all the parenthesis’ in the form.
5. There is a point to ???, I promise. It’s just for later. 

Notes
Romance isn’t really going to be here. There’s a mysterious mystery to solve after all.
This isn’t a requirement, but if you want feel free to have your forumsona/persona as a character. 

Form
Name (First & Last):
Age (14+):
Clothing (what you were wearing upon entrance):
Personality (Doesn’t have to be terribly long, just fairly coherent):
Strengths (3-5):
Weaknesses (3-5):
Weapon (and appearance and amount of that weapon):
Power:
Worst Nightmare:
??? (Y/N):
Other:

>ℜ𝔢ɮ𝔢𝔩<
Our scarlet eyes will watch you keenly... friend.
And so I arrive!

We shouldn't even dare to think about a secret sneak attack. Perish the thought!

So I guess we're gonna have to... FACE. OFF.

The hydra was better.

6/06/2020 2:13 am  #2

Re: Nevermoor | Story Sign Ups

Oh yes bookmarking.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

6/10/2020 8:52 pm  #3

Sorry for being late. Hopefully more people join...

Name: Time Conquest 
Physical Appearance: Time is about 5’9, and had a thin athletic build. He has a slightly pale complexion. His hair is black, which matches his eyes as well, the pupils and irises being barely able to be told apart. His hair’s bangs are swept to the left.
Clothing: Time upon entrance was wearing mostly all black that matches the towers of Nevermore. With a black shirt, pants, and boots. However, his long coat is dark blue, but it’s almost black and fits perfectly for him. He also has a dark brown sling bag over his shoulder to hold things in.
Personality: Time is on the more serious and calm side. He doesn’t joke often, and to be honest, he doesn’t really have too much of a sense of humor. Or maybe his is just really weird, either one. He prefers to be to the point and direct with others, but this means he is not able to lie. Time is perceptive and smart as well. He can learn many things from objects and people by just observing them. He can also solve problems and puzzles in creative ways
Time doesn’t however talk much much about himself, like where he’s from, his feelings, things like that. He would rather want to shut it away and off and do whatever is at hand at first. It also takes more time for Time to gain the trust of others. If you gain his trust, he might just decide to talk about himself.
Strengths: Perceptive/smart, calm under pressure/stress, good with problem-solving, knows how to use his power to be as effective or strategic as possible (Even if he just got it)
Weaknesses: Overly serious, never talks or opens up about himself, slow to trust others, can sometimes give off the wrong message.
Weapon: The weapon Time is given is a long-handled, one edged blade that is angular and straight. The hilt itself is almost as long as the blade. The hilt of the blade is simple and black, the pommel being a large ring that is incorporated into the hilt. The blade itself gives off a silver sheen, and the metal seems almost white. The guard of the blade is very small and most likely can’t be noticed unless one inspects the weapon. It’s sheath (if it is allowed to have one) Is black like the hilt.
Power: (I’m assuming time powers would never be allowed in a mystery) So uhh how about Time can control metals and manipulate and levitate them and such. He mostly notes items in the area that he can use and such, he may even use the power to sense metal objects in the area and use them, even if he can’t see them. He can also manipulate his sword.
Worst Nightmare: Being useless, or feeling out of control from a situation which should be controllable.
???: Y??? Y
Other: Midnight city

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

6/10/2020 11:39 pm  #4

@Time Accepted.

Yeah, hopefully. If not, I guess I'll just fill it with some characters, since I do want to write this.

>ℜ𝔢ɮ𝔢𝔩<
And so I arrive!

We shouldn't even dare to think about a secret sneak attack. Perish the thought!

The hydra was better.

6/11/2020 12:41 am  #5

ooh I'd enjoy my character being a main lol

(But unfortunately, it's because it's default/automatic ( )

Last edited by Time (6/11/2020 12:41 am)

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

6/11/2020 1:33 am  #6

Name (First & Last): Echo Archer

Age (14+): 16

Physical Appearance: She is around 5'3 or 5'4. Her body is sort of thick, she has a bit broad shoulders. She has a roundish face with high cheekbones, and her nose is rounded. Her skin is a cool olive complexion, and she has multiple scars on her arms, knees, and legs. Her eyes are silver-blue with thick eyelashes. Her hair is short, around a bit past chin-length, and messy looking. It's thick and wavy, and she has un undershave. Her hair is a faded silver blue looking colour, almost matching her eyes.

Clothing: She wore a sky blue hoodie with a black t-shirt under, black jeans, and comfortable boots. She carried a navy blue, old messager bag with her that has seen better days. She wore a sky blue scrunchie in her hair

Personality: She is a very nervous and shy person, and she has a hard time talking. She constantly rambles to herself and has a bad habit of daydreaming at random moments, even at times she has a hard time of snapping out of daydreams. She can come off as weird when this happens. She doesn't like to really talk about herself, and she can be completely vague when describing things. As well, she can be irrational and immediately reacts rather than thinking things through, which leads to a lot of really bad decisions. Contradicting to this, though, is that she keeps in a lot of her negative emotions to the point of something minor happening, and she either snaps at other people or ends up crying. She has a habit of constantly apologizing. Heck, dhe'd probably apologize for breathing.

Strengths: Completely loyal to her friends, creative, good at memorizing where different places are at/the layout of different places, has high empathy towards other people, constantly thinking of situations so she's always prepared for the worst, she knows a lot about history and animals (idk if this would be a strength, but who knows lol), she is pretty strong physically

Weaknesses: Loyalty can be used against her, she's an emotional wreck on the inside, her high empathy can be used against her, constantly nervous and thinking about all the possible things that can go wrong, has a really hard time talking to other people because she stammers (her stammering is mostly repeating words over and over before moving on to the rest of the sentence or rephrasing her sentence in the middle of a sentence. It's also fine if you don't use her stammering problems lol), the fact that she is often vague can lead to mistrust (wow that is a lot of weaknesses lol)

Weapon: (I'm bad at describing weapons lol, sorry for this) A very large battle axe, one of the battle axes with a longer hilt (I think that is what it's called. The part you hold). It's double bladed (blades on both sides?), and the blades are made of gold. There are Celtic designs/knots engraved into the blade parts. The axe looks somewhat ornamental, but the sharpness of the blades would say differently. The axe is really heavy.

Power: She can manipulate and create air/wind (aka aerokinesis)

Worst Nightmare: Being seen/described as worthless and being pitied for it

??? (Y/N): Uhh... Y!

Other: Midnight City

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

6/11/2020 6:25 pm  #7

@Echo Accepted!

>ℜ𝔢ɮ𝔢𝔩<
And so I arrive!

The hydra was better.

7/07/2020 12:40 am  #8

hehe time to submit my forumsona
I'll submit an OC later cause it's late right now

Name (First & Last): Astra Evergreen
Age (14+): 16
Physical Appearance: Astra is very pale, and stands at about 5"8. She has a lot of freckles on her face compared to anywhere else. She has long, brown hair that she attempts to dye almost every week. It usually doesn't work. Her latest color is a dark red on the tips, which she tried to fade into her natural color. Astra likes to think she has blue/gray eyes, although some might say they're green. She usually doesn't like to have her hair down, as it's very annoying, so she usually puts it up in double braids or a ponytail.

Clothing: Black combat boots, black ripped jeans, and a black t-shirt with small cursive writing that says "love" over the heart. Astra likes to wear all kinds of earrings as well, mostly silver hoops though.

Personality:  Astra is a perfectionist. She will work for hours and hours into the early morning if she has too to get something right. She hates when she feels weak in front of people, and because of that she usually puts on a fake smile if she's not feeling/doing well. Astra hates uncomfortable social situations, so she does her best to make conversations interesting for everyone so that it doesn't get awkward. She's self-conscious of all her faults, even if they aren't really "faults." She likes to appear positive and happy to everyone, so she usually sticks her more negative emotions away until she's alone and safe. Astra likes to be sarcastic and witty, although she's scared that that's the only thing people will ever see about her. Secretly, she just craves real, actual interaction with people she can just be herself around, and she's very sensitive.

Strengths (3-5): Concealing her emotions, her physical agility, her ability to read others, and her sarcasm.
Weaknesses (3-5): Astra can be to quick to trust/like people, and will always give more chances to people. She's also very sensitive, even if the person didn't really mean what they said.
Weapon (and appearance and amount of that weapon): She usually uses two daggers.
Power: She has two large, hawk-like wings. They're black in low lighting, but in full sunlight they shine in purple, blue, green, and sometimes red and yellow. Almost like an oil slick.
Worst Nightmare: Losing something/someone she loves, being left alone by someone.
??? (Y/N): ? Y, I guess

[/Astra|Evergreen\]
She/Her
s l e e p

wow i exist??

7/09/2020 12:44 am  #9

@Astra Accepted! Welcome to the small little group!

>ℜ𝔢ɮ𝔢𝔩<
And so I arrive!

The hydra was better.

7/11/2020 1:56 am  #10

Ooh, nice and spooky so far. Hopefully I'm not too extremely late

Name: Alexander "Alex" York
Physical Appearance: Around 6 feet tall, tan, and somewhat muscular. He has brown hair cut short and blue eyes
Clothing: Brown hiking boots, blue jeans, and a plain white t-shirt under a camouflage jacket. He wears a tattered baseball cap and has a leather ammo pouch on his belt that came with his weapon
Personality: Alex is an avid outdoorsman who spent much of his free time hiking, camping, or fishing. While friendly enough, he isn't one to start a conversation, preferring quiet solitude. When he does talk, he tends to be honest and straightforward. He usually doesn't get very emotional, but if something frustrates him too much he will respond with an angry outburst.
Strengths: Alex has a lot of survival skills. He is level-headed and pragmatic in a crisis. He knows how to be very stealthy
Weaknesses: Alex doesn't have a lot of people skills. He tends to be too blunt and doesn't pick up on other people's emotions. He also really doesn't enjoy big cities
Weapon: A large scoped crossbow that he can sling across his back and a pouch with a seemingly endless supply of crossbow bolts
Power: His senses of sight, hearing, and smell are greatly enhanced
Worst Nightmare: Being stuck in a city and unable to get out into nature. Oh hey well would you look at that what a coincidence. He probably didn't expect it to be that literal
???: N

Call me Marshall. Or Hungry, as that usually describes me.

"Chaos is only an enemy if you're unable to adapt"
-Шухрат Кессикбаев

Dealer of cursed artifacts

Chaotic Neutral energy

T̢h̛e v͝͝oi͜d̷̛ í̶s͘͜͞ ͢͠l̀͞o̵v͝ȩl̛y̸̢,̕͢ ̢̀h͡ǫ҉ṕ̶ ̵͟͏o̧n ҉̛i҉n̷̡

7/20/2020 8:47 pm  #11

Oh wow how did I miss that?

@Marshall Accepted! Honestly, it's difficult to be late to this... I can insert more people at any time.

Last edited by DarkLordRebel (7/22/2020 12:30 am)

>ℜ𝔢ɮ𝔢𝔩<
And so I arrive!

The hydra was better.

Board footera