The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/13/2020 8:39 pm  #1

A Toast to the Free (Reanimated!) GUYS I FINALLY POSTED IT

A Toast to the Free, Reanimated! 

The Story  

It’s the smallest changes that have the biggest impacts. When a single Elder serpent doesn’t die, a butterfly effect leads to hundreds of dragons surviving the Middle Ages… and mankind still remembering they exist. Now, serpents hide in the remains of the wilderness while the Industrial Age blooms, with the European dragons still struggling with slayers seeking gold and glory… their destiny uncertain.

When the French Revolution sparks, bitterness sparks at the upper class and government, with Lous XVI being one of the main targets. In an attempt to prove he is serious about extending the rights of Man, he bans the slaying of dragons (with exceptions) on the basis that they are living beings capable of pain. Unfortunately, he still lost his head, the Committee of Public Safety taking his place. All of this together, though, galvanized a young Vouivre called Idéaux who had a harebrained plan: in order to guarantee the survival of not only her species, but for all of dragons and nature, she must take over the French Republic and take matters into her own talons. 

Somehow, against all odds… she succeeded. 

Now, with Idéaux as the new ruler, she is determined to balance her own ideals with the desires of her humans. The monarchies of Europe and their colonies are equally as hard to handle. With dragons invading formerly human territories and reclaiming what was lost centuries ago, the whole world seems to have changed. When the smallest changes have the biggest impacts, and when destiny can easily be defied, how will the future turn out when the world turns upside down?

If you read this, put Brave in Other.  

The Structure 

ATttF is semi-Forum-Wide-Role-Play that was conceptualized on the Wings of Fire Message Boards that takes place in Paris and in the wilderness of France. There are two different threads, or posts that can be done. The first can be done by any player, which is a Normal!Post. In this the of thread,  a player posts what their characters are doing, or a small plot, and other players post in response. While it can affect other storylines, it doesn’t affect all of them (see GGaD for examples). For example, I post a thread about my dragon talking to a human, and other plays RP along with their characters. 

The second type of storyline, called an Arc, is created by the staff, and they set up opportunities that affect ALL plots by creating status effects. Any status effects will be listed in bold at the bottom of the post and will be explained afterwards. For example, the staff post a message that a riot over Draco-human interactions has begun, all humans and dragons become increasingly stressed, meaning there's a chance of Random Fights with NPC's (and PC's if players decide) occurring. These will be less common than the normal posts, but will be attached to a second post to keep track of for normal players. Overall, both posts will work together to support the world of A Toast to the Free.

If you read this, put Cunning in Other.  

The Honor Code (Rules can change at any time) 

Un. OPness, controlling other player’s characters, bad grammar, OOC rudeness, and Perfect Characters are not allowed under any circumstance. Nobody- not even winged, venom-spitting wyverns- is perfect. To prevent this, try to put flaws, whether physical, emotional, or mental, into your character’s personality and strengths. 

Deux. Certain species of dragons can hybridize, but, keep track of how many strengths they inherited. No single individual’s perfect, and hybrids can’t inherited every single ability of the parents. 

Trois. Humans aren’t excused from the rules, either. As of right now, they cannot have obvious powers, but you can give them strengths and weaknesses in skills. Just because someone is mundane doesn’t mean they aren’t special!

Quatre. Be aware of the consequences of some of your choices. There’s a lot of political intrigue in this FWRP, especially between dragons and humans! Try having fun with foreshadowing and how class/species/etc. affects characters!

Cinq. Try to bring details and traits to your character sheet. For example, instead of “Idéaux is idealistic”, you could write “Ideaux is idealistic and friendly to humans due to being unaffected by dragonslaying”. The more developed each of your traits and strengths are, the higher chance the Mods will accept it. 

Six. Artistic license with history is allowed (I mean, steampunk lightning dragons!), but, don’t get too crazy, such as cell phones in the middle of the 1790’s.  

Sept. Death is going to happen. Certain special events will even try to get you to actively kill-off characters. However, you must ask permission to kill-off another player’s characters. 

Huit. Currently, there are no limits for characters, but if it gets too clogged up, then limits will be added. 

Neuf. This is the French Revolution but controlled by dragons, so there’s going to be tragedy. Don’t force it on characters that are not yours, however. Just ruin the lives of your characters.  

Deux.  No matter what time period it is, love is love.  The serpents have gone a long way to prevent prejudice, LGBTQ+ included. OOC prejudice against shipping, including LGBTQ+ shipping, is not tolerated. For Home Base’s sake, please keep it PG, but don’t tell others their shipping is wrong. That said, shipping a character not owned by you, without the consent of the other player, is not allowed. 

If you’ve read all of this, put Free in Other.  

The Index  

Dragon Species: https://scholastic.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=1534#p1534

Character Sheets: https://scholastic.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=1532#p1532

Timeline: https://scholastic.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=1531#p1531

Character Encyclopedia: https://scholastic.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=1530#p1530 

The Current Staff: Requiem/Legacy, Cormorant (if she's here), Lilac, Lavender. (Nightingale, Sorrel, if you're here, you're welcome to take your staff jobs!)

Mod positions, along with auditions for Staff, are open.

In memory of the Forums… dedicated to Lilac, Lavender, Nightengale, Sorrel, and the rest of the Blue Wrym Tavern and WoFMB. Have a drink to the brave, raise a glass to the cunning, sing a toast to the free!

Last edited by EldritchAbyssDragon (4/13/2020 10:59 pm)

Requiem/Legacy

Ace/Genderqueer: They/Xe

It's Always Spooky Season Time.

Just an eldritch dragon disguised as dice.

"Dude! Let me in! I'm a fairy!"
"DON'T YOU BELIEVE IN F A R I E S ?"

4/13/2020 8:42 pm  #2

Re: A Toast to the Free (Reanimated!) GUYS I FINALLY POSTED IT

Alrighty, Legacy!

I'll make my character after you clean up this(and potentially the other) posts, if that's okay!

Don't get me wrong, though! This is super exciting!!

Persona:Lavender the Dragon-Cat-Girl-Thing

This is going to be awesome, I just know it!!

4/13/2020 8:43 pm  #3

@Lavender

Yeeeee just cleaned it up!

AHHHH I'M FREAKING OUT TOO!

Requiem/Legacy

4/13/2020 8:43 pm  #4

Nevermind about the cleaning up stuff! I see you've already done it to this post, at least!

4/13/2020 8:44 pm  #5

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

4/13/2020 8:48 pm  #6

tbh, I really can see how this can be interesting to some people,

But for me, personally, it's not exactly my cuppa tea, sorry. Maybe I'll come around to it, but that might be too late if do

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

4/13/2020 8:54 pm  #7

@Time:That's fine! You don't have to like it!

4/13/2020 10:58 pm  #8

@Time

That's alright! It definitely caters to my own hyper-specific interests, so I understand completely! We'll always be welcome if you want to join, though!

Requiem/Legacy

4/14/2020 10:06 pm  #9

So, um, do we post the form here, in the thread where the form is, or in the Character Encyclopedia?

4/15/2020 8:24 pm  #10

@Lavender

Post here and/or a separate post, then I'll add your link and your name to the Encyclopedia!

Requiem/Legacy

4/15/2020 8:35 pm  #11

@Legacy:Oh, okay! Thanks!

4/16/2020 10:14 pm  #12

So, if we post a character's sheet in this (or the character sheet) thread, do we have to create a new thread with our character's sheet? Aka do we just have to put it in one thread, or multiple so you have a higher chance of seeing it?

{~Fantasy/Lilac~}
she/her | bibliophile | writer

4/17/2020 2:37 am  #13

@Fantasy

No, you only have to create a new thread if you want. You can just directly type it here and I'll see it. Don't worry, I check this every day, so no matter what you do, I'll see it!

Requiem/Legacy

4/25/2020 4:55 pm  #14

Is booping allowed?

Requiem/Legacy

4/25/2020 5:26 pm  #15

Of course!

I'm really sorry that I haven't put up my form yet! I'll do it soon, I promise!

4/26/2020 2:22 pm  #16

@Lavender

It's alright!

I got stuff to do, too, so it gives me more time!

Requiem/Legacy

4/28/2020 11:02 am  #17

Name:Ignatius
*Nicknames:None yet!
Species:Draco occidentis
Gender:Male(or, at least, the draconic equivalent of being male)
Pronouns:He/Him
Sexuality:Straight
Age (human or dragon years):in his late teens in human years, I don't really know in dragon years
Appearance:

• Is pretty tiny compared to other dragons and even humans
  • He has a condition that makes him be this way(I'm not sure what it is, though.)
  • Generally has light green scales, but also has white scales starting from his chest to the tip of the underside of his tail
  • Has an appearance that was a bit menacing at first glance, especially because of his sharp teeth and claws
  • Has fins and gills
  • Had light green wings with their undersides being white

Personality:

• Is cheerful and energetic
  • Has literally no idea that people are afraid of his toothy grins
  • Can be silly and childish, and loves puns
  • Is observant with the feelings of others, though
  • Is also a bit patient, especially with people he likes
  • Usually doesn’t get angry except if someone(anyone really) is harming children or his friends in any way, shape or form; you should probably run if that happens and you're the perpetrator of it 
  • Is actually a pretty good actor, but also a horrible singer
  • Sounds like a dying giraffe when he sings
  • Is pretty good at playing his harmonica, though
  • Is kind and compassionate, and can calm down and be comforting to the person he's with when he needs to be
  • Is a very good listener
  • Can be very reckless when he is angry
  • Likes to be independent sometimes, but usually listens when Martina is explaining her plans to him and what he needs to do
  • Can be stubborn and not listen to Martina sometimes if he thinks that he's more right than Martina is
  • He and Martina have a sibling-like relationship
  • Is very brave overall
  • Likes to give out hugs randomly or when it's called for
  • Is a bit cocky, but plays that up when he wants to annoy Martina
  • Isn't as sarcastic as Martina, but has his moments and certainly understands sarcasm

Abilities/Strengths (Must include physical, emotional, and mental):agile, quick, can fly fast, see the Personality section for the mental and emotional strengths
Flaws (Must include physical, emotional, and mental):smaller than normal(and is thus easier to injure/kill than other dragons), see the Personality section for the mental and emotional flaws
Fatal Flaw(s):His recklessness when he's angry.
Backstory:To keep things short(because Ignatius' backstory in still in development), Ignatius was abandoned by his parents as a drakelet and Martina found him and took him in.
*Crushes:
*Pets:
*Trivia:Ignatius and Martina come from a Simsala Grimm fanfiction. I might also change Martina's name because I'm not sure if a Spanish person could come from Spain to France.
Other:

4/28/2020 9:00 pm  #18

@Lavender

Almost good, just remember to put the three codewords in the "Other" category. Then you'll be accepted! A Spanish person CAN come to France!

Requiem/Legacy

4/28/2020 10:08 pm  #19

@Legacy:Oh, oops! Sorry!

Okay!

Other:Brave, Cunning, Free(do these words need to be italicized?)

4/29/2020 9:03 pm  #20

@Lavender

Accepted

(Nope! Just italicized for emphasis)

Requiem/Legacy

4/29/2020 9:38 pm  #21

Yay, thanks!

Okay!

5/06/2020 7:03 pm  #22

Update! Moving ATttF Reanimated's sign-ups to the RP Sign-Up Forum! Will happen either today or tomorrow. Actual RP threads will be in THIS forum!

Requiem/Legacy

5/06/2020 7:10 pm  #23

@Legacy:Okay! Sounds good!

5/11/2020 4:20 am  #24

Note: This Thread will be Reposted on the RP Sign-Up Forum! All characters applied and accepted will be retained, though!

Requiem/Legacy

Board footera