The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/09/2020 8:21 pm  #176

Re: art time (chan)

incorrect it is 

sword

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

12/09/2020 8:22 pm  #177

nvm it didn't work you right xenon

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

12/10/2020 2:55 am  #178

(: bɿowƨ

Chan!
she/her
我愛青蛙

12/11/2020 5:01 pm  #179

hey which program do you use? My dad has adobe, but as someone completely new to digital art, adobe is not very comprehensible or accessible :/
I have a friend who makes amazing digital art but she always does it on her phone?? like?? how?? I can't do that lol

so yeah I'm curious

MOONFLIGHT
20 | she/they
since 7/31/2017

12/14/2020 5:22 am  #180

Yeah I can’t do the phone art either, your friend is amazing ❤️👀

I have two ways to draw digitally rn, either on my computer w Clip Studio Paint and a Wacom tablet, or on an iPad w procreate and an Apple Pencil; I can’t picture the costs rn since I’m not entirely sure how much each cost for me personally, but generally

1st:
-CSP $50 (I received it free for 2 years along w my Wacom tablet, but bought it officially once that ran out) there are a lot of times it’s half off at $25 though
-Wacom $70-ish dollars

2nd:
-Procreate $10
-Apple Pencil $99 or $129

For both there are prerequisites, such as needing an iPad for procreate/Apple Pencil and a laptop/computer for CSP/Wacom

Additionally; drawing with a Wacom tablet like the one I have, staring at the computer does have a bit of a disconnect, and drawing with an Apple Pencil is closer to the feeling of drawing on a piece of paper

Chan!
she/her
我愛青蛙

12/14/2020 7:17 pm  #181

I have an ipad but its not new enough to know how to do palm rejection.. I believe I asked for an art glove for christmas, so I'll fool around with some stylus and free art app to see how I feel abt that. (since it looks like the apple pencil is hella expensive, alTHOUGH i do have a job now) I'll try CSP (since you mentioned it was free for the first 2 years)

I also inherited a wacom tablet from my dad, but he didn't learn how to use it. we can't find the instruction manual either, so there's a bunch of buttons that I have no clue what they do. It's also HUGE, bigger than my pc, so that's awkward too. we understand the basics behind setting it up though, so at least there's that lol

MOONFLIGHT
20 | she/they
since 7/31/2017

12/15/2020 12:28 am  #182

Awh yea CSP free for 2 years gang

Well, I think CSP is only free for some combos and stuff for wacom tablets.

Wait what is your Wacom a screen one or something? Do you know the model and can search it up?

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

12/15/2020 12:44 am  #183

Sounds good! Good luck on your art endeavors ❤️ I hope you're able to find something you like working with

Yep the CSP was bundled w the tablet specifically, there is a trial version w/out that but you're not allowed to save your work in it 🙈 It was also one of the cheapest (Wacom) tablets at the time, where you just download a driver and plug it in; smaller than my laptop

If you don't know the model, maybe you could describe it physically and then click on an image that looks like it, that might lead you to similar enough instructions

Chan!
she/her
我愛青蛙

12/15/2020 6:56 pm  #184

sweet, thanks! I'll make sure to ask my dad, I can't imagine him not being the sort of person who doesn't know what kind it is. In the meantime, I will make sure to google search "black rectangle" :D

MOONFLIGHT
20 | she/they
since 7/31/2017

12/16/2020 6:26 am  #185

Np! Hope you find out ❤️

Chan!
she/her
我愛青蛙

12/16/2020 11:11 am  #186

Moonflight wrote:

sweet, thanks! I'll make sure to ask my dad, I can't imagine him not being the sort of person who doesn't know what kind it is. In the meantime, I will make sure to google search "black rectangle" :D

The model number's somewhere on it. Check the back

Russet 

12/25/2020 8:26 am  #187

secret santa artwork!

Chan!
she/her
我愛青蛙

12/25/2020 9:39 am  #188

THAT!!!! SHADING!!!!! HHHHHHHHHHHH 

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

12/25/2020 11:45 am  #189

STOP IT CHAN YOU'RE ANGERING ME AT HOW GOOD YOU ARE

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

12/25/2020 10:01 pm  #190

!!! CHAN THOSE LOOK SO GOOD
On the first, the shading especially stands out - it's absolutely gorgeous
And on the other one, the shading is just as pretty, I also love what you did with the flower and background too
The poses look fantastic too

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd
hello :D hope you're having a good day

"The true sky, and songs that cageless soar
Were they not wishes worth fighting for?"

12/25/2020 11:36 pm  #191

Yeehaw tysm you three! Means the world to me ❤️

Last edited by chanchanchan (12/25/2020 11:37 pm)

Chan!
she/her
我愛青蛙

12/26/2020 12:10 am  #192

Heavily late but @auttie ty! I really like how both turned out, especially since each didn’t take terribly long (the second took around four hours, I don’t remember how long the first one took though bc I spread it out over several days) so I would be able to make other pictures quickly in these styles too

Chan!
she/her
我愛青蛙

2/27/2021 3:10 am  #193

holy moly last art was all the way on christmas

i return with this

Chan!
she/her
我愛青蛙

Board footera