The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/10/2020 11:16 am  #51

Re: Library of Forgotten Ideas // Autumn's Idea and Writing Thread

The teasers are really interesting OwO
Yeah, good luck! You can do this!!!

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

8/11/2020 7:35 am  #52

Thank you Specter!!

//

out of context teaser #8: a statement from me about a piece of lore

"do they exist? yeah, that's what this story is centered around. but do people know anything about them? no, not really"

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd
hello :D hope you're having a good day

"The true sky, and songs that cageless soar
Were they not wishes worth fighting for?"

8/12/2020 8:26 pm  #53

I was talking to someone and got an au idea for DGS,,,, as much as I'd like to think about it and write something for it,,, I shouldn't
why do all my creative writing ideas just appear when I have work :hA:

also I'm sorry for the lack of out of context teaser today ): I couldn't come up with anything this morning but I have an idea of what I'll do tomorrow

in other news, I think I should be on track to finishing up my second essay before the day ends!
the deadline is getting closer and closer so I'm nervous fjdlksjfdk
I hate feeling so drained when it comes to writing

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

8/12/2020 8:46 pm  #54

autumnlibrarian16 wrote:

why do all my creative writing ideas just appear when I have work :hA:

Ah, a big big mood. Inspiration is... annoying sometimes.

Dw ab the teaser! 

Drink some water uwu in my experience it really helps with writing. 

8/18/2020 10:34 am  #55

@Specter: Inspiration is indeed annoying sometimes :hA: It's annoying but at least it can provide as motivation to finish up with homework as soon as possible

And thanks for the water tip! :D I didn't realize that I've been doing it before but it works really well

//

also update on the teasers/RP/story idea: for now, I decided on keeping it as a personal story. If I ever make any progress writing it, I might post it here but no promises,,
The reason I decided against making it a RP was because I felt like I might be too restricting in terms of the lore and the plotline I had in my head oops
If I find a way to refine it I might turn it into a RP, but unfortunately for now it's just going to be a personal project
Sorry to anyone who was looking forward to an RP from me ):

in other writing news: only one final essay to go!!

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

8/18/2020 11:08 am  #56

That’s totally understandable autumn! Will continue to read teasers ab them, whenever it may be applicable gl w your final essay!

Chan!
she/her
我愛青蛙

8/18/2020 12:40 pm  #57

Oh, that's perfectly fine! :> I understand xD but if you do keep on posting teasers then I'll :eyes:

Coolio, good luck writing that essay!

8/22/2020 6:43 pm  #58

<33 ty you guys!!
I was able to submit before time so yeehaw
I will let you all know if I decide to bring it back!!

//

currently I'm bored, I asked someone to give my three words as a prompt for some creative writing and got "aquamarine, contour, vision" so yeehaw let me try to see what I can do with these three (I an idea already :eyes)

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

8/26/2020 10:07 pm  #59

wow I really didn't proofread that previous message huh
also I got busy while working on the "aquamarine, contour, vision" thing and subsequently forgot about it so yeehaw I'll try to finish that up, even though I pretty much lost the idea I had

staying over at family's house makes it difficult to work on anything ): I only have my school computer and phone and neither have access to the document that I had for the story idea

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

9/02/2020 9:09 am  #60

:eyes: I'm going to try Scribble September, here's hoping I don't forget jfdklsfjlkdsfjlksdjlf

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

9/11/2020 7:57 pm  #61

I'm like a week behind on my September Scribbles oops-
I have no defense I'm just lazy with writer's block and now I actually have homework
I can try to write things? but my quality will drop significantly 

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

9/12/2020 8:12 am  #62

yeehaw finished day 4's prompt today, hoping I can get at least one or two more as well

I did the "ambivalent prompt" about one of my OCs, Marie. If you're from GGaD, she's one of my characters there (the father she mentions is Wick), and I've also used her in another RP that's on Discord. This particular piece is basically set in some alternate universe without all of the deity stuff, and it's just an older Marie (vaguely) thinking about her father and her conflicting feelings
I could have probably done a bit more since Marie has quite few thoughts on Wick post-learning the truth but alas I got lazy

For "bane" I'm planning on doing something about fighting monsters or something similar? because my brain really went bane -> monado is the bane of mechons -> haha write something similar (for context I'm going through Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition but that's neither here nor there right now)
I'm probably the weakest at writing series of actions and making them flow so I'm hoping this will be some good practice :^)

The "nature" prompt I have no solid ideas for yet, although I'll probably go with something simple like describing a forest or garden, might even try to write from the POV of an insect or bird but I'll see, I have to do a few things before I can continue writing anyway

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

9/14/2020 8:07 am  #63

I'm like? halfway done with bane (day 5) and the reason I'm not done yet is because this one is probably going to be one of my longer scribbles
I may have accidentally created a new fantasy universe for it oops,,, and I am also making up the lore for said universe as I go so this one I'll probably polish up a tiny bit before I post it

I have finished nature/day 6 though, I'll post it whenever I finish day 5. In terms of word count I think it's my shortest so far but I like it haha

I uh don't really have many ideas for the next few prompts but I'll think of something :^) for now though, school time

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

9/19/2020 8:54 am  #64

oh dang :0 over 1,000 views on this huh

I have day 5 and 6 complete! I'm working on day 7 and planning to post all three on my scribble thread later today
Planning to get to at least day 10 by the end of tomorrow but I'll see :^)

Also figured I might as well throw this out here: if I use first person in any of these, it's most likely because I have two or more characters and I was too lazy to give any of them names because I created them solely for the scribble. By using first person I can make it clearer as to who I'm talking about

I mentioned this last time but the universe I made for the day 5 prompt is one that I kinda like in terms of the lore I have set up so far? I could try making it a RP, but we'll see (: I also did create a vague outline of an OC for the prompt and fleshed him out a tiny bit but once again we'll see, I can't really do much with the idea until after tennis season ends

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

9/26/2020 9:06 am  #65

alrighty it's the weekend again; time to see if I can actually write 5 of these scribble prompts by Monday :^) I want to at least do half of them by the end of the month fjlsdjfslkf

I feel bad for skipping over day 9 but I really couldn't think of anything at all. In retrospect, I should have written "I skipped over this prompt to give myself a reprieve from rushing through these prompts" but ah well :^) here's hoping I don't have to skip over anything else yeehaw
(edit 9/29/20: nevermind my brain mixed up the words reprieve and respite that's not how the word works I don't know what I was doing)

for day 10/way I still haven't decided what I want to do, probably something about travelling but idk I'll get it done by today for sure

Last edited by autumnlibrarian16 (9/29/2020 6:09 pm)

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

9/29/2020 6:11 pm  #66

okay I am super behind on scribble september but will the month name stop me from trying to finish all of the prompts even as october starts? no

the fact that the day 29 prompt is "juxtaposition" makes me want to just include something about that in my english assignment and just plop it as my writing for the day fdsjlkfjsdklfjlksdjfljkslfl I'll have a long way to go before I get to that prompt though :^) still on day 10

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

11/08/2020 6:57 pm  #67

Remember that one RP/story idea I kept posting teasers for back in August? Guess who got motivation to revisit those ideas and see what I can do
Might ramble about the characters here at some point later this week because at this point the main three characters have existed since,,,,, March???? oh my gosh has it really been that long since I got the idea of the secondary color trio and started fleshing them out
But yeah I really want to start and actually go through with a writing project; considering that this idea has been floating around in my head for several months now I think I might actually attempt this one
Granted for that to happen I need actually figure out which plot I want to do since I have like 3 different scenarios that overlap in some ways but greatly diverge in others

Also I kept telling myself that I would catch up for Scribble September but it's already November so I might as well give up,,, can't believe I barely even got a 1/3 of the way ):

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

2/05/2021 7:28 pm  #68

For fun I'm thinking about writing a short thing since it's honestly been months since I've written anything seriously and not for school
If I like how it turns out, I might post it here? Who knows

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

Board footera