The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2020 2:19 am  #1

Way Too Many Mistakes~ Echo's Writin' Thread

Yes, no, it is I, Echo

I will post random little snippets or headcanons of my forum!OCs and whatnot

Some of it might just be random memes while others might be random pieces of story plot for my OCs

Yes, there will be angst and edge

Yes, there will be many grammar mistakes because I suck at grammar

So. Yea.

Yay

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

4/21/2020 11:24 am  #2

Re: Way Too Many Mistakes~ Echo's Writin' Thread

I bet I have worse grammar errors than you.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

4/24/2020 3:28 am  #3

Alright, so I went to my Spicy January page and I decided to read the last thing I wrote and hOLY MAPLE

So, yes, this is copied from my Spicy January page but I really like this one for some reason lol. It's about Octave and Echo and I think it explains Octave pretty well without any spoilers lol

Warning: ANGST, ANGST, ANGST, WITH A SIDE OF EDGE

Why does she hate me...?

Does she not understand...?

Am I... a monster...?

No one understands...

I... no... I... why...

No one... will ever understand...

I am protecting her...

I am the only being who can save her... her innocent youth...

Octave blinked at the... sky? Well, when you are part of one's mind, it's hard to really describe the place.

Echo's mind was more like a room with no roof, stars shining over everything. But it changed a lot depending on Echo's mood, Octave had figured out.

Sometimes it was a flower field...

Sometimes it was a forest...

And sometimes it was a pitch black room with no escape, consisting of a roof to block any light. Usually there was chains everywhere, which sometimes wrapped around Octave in a choking hold.

The last one only seemed to appear when Echo was having a breakdown or panic attack...

The room appeared a lot. Octave could hear Echo's thoughts; no matter what Octave knew what Echo was thinking.

Everyone hates me...

Why did I say that...

I'm an idiot...

Why am I still here...

I'm so tired...

Stop pitying yourself, Echo. Stop being selfish...

Why would they want to talk to you...

Why aren't you doing more for them, you idiot...

Octave's chest hurt, wishing to stop those thoughts. Those thoughts...

Octave remembered them the easiest.

Octave hated them the most.

And Octave hated the root of what the thoughts circled around.

Echo's family. Echo's friends.

Octave hated them. They didn't deserve Echo.

They didn't understand Echo.

They were actors and actresses, Octave believed. One day they would break Echo.

One day they would hurt Echo.

Octave was going to stop that before it happened.

"Why don't you separate from them? They cause your anxiety to raise," Octave suggested.

"Shut up, they don't," Echo growled, already annoyed. "You do."

"Echo, they're gonna hurt you!"

"No they won't! How many times do I have to tell you this?!"

Octave was silent for a bit, thinking, before she spoke again.

"Echo, at least consider this: what will you do when they die?"

"Huh?"

"If you get attached to them, like you did with Gutters, Ashes, and Meadow, and they die like those friends did-"

"Shut up!"

"-Echo! You need to distance yourself now while you can-"

"N-no!"

"-Because if they die or hurt you-"

Echo started to cry.

Octave sighed, "Look, just listen-"

Echo screamed, "No! Leave me alone!"

Octave could feel a tight coldness around her body, and her vision started to blur and fade into black.

Octave muttered, "Calm down..."

That only made Echo cry harder, and the chains around Octave tightened.

Octave was not good at comforting.

"...Just think about it."

Echo's reply to the flipside was a shaky sob.

"I hate you."

I know... you hate me...

One day you'll see what I'm doing is right...

And we'll play again...

You'll thank me...

And we'll be happy...

One day...

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

4/25/2020 1:27 am  #4

oooh.

Angst with a side of edge? One of my favorite dishes!

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

4/26/2020 1:49 am  #5

WARNING: Extremely dark theme, including violence and gore. Please do not read if you do not like that kind of stuff. I swear I don't always write horror and violence. But seriously, this is really dark and I do not suggest if you get sick easily

This is based around Ardour, an OC in the Rogue! Universe

"I wasn't always... at the top. Actually, I was at the bottom in the start. How did I climb up? That's... a good question..."

A young boy staggered through the crowd, teary eyed as he cried out.

"Momma?! Papa?!"

His body shivered in his thin clothing, the chill of the winds freezing his skin. His eyes glanced up at the tall strangers around him, which seemed to only spare a pitying gaze.

The boy felt fear tingle in his body as he heard a voice call to him, "Come back here!"

The boy turned slightly to see where the man chasing him was at, seeming the wild look in the man's eyes from afar. The boy ran away, tears now streaming down his face.

Where was he? Where was his parents?

The boy kept running, the twisting, concrete streets of the city never ending. He tripped over his own feet, the wooden medallion he wore thumping against his chest and then the ground like the rest of the boy's body.

The boy choked out a sob as he pushed himself up onto his knees, wiping his eyes and scooting over to the wall of a building.

"There you are!"

The boy screamed and kicked as a man grabbed him by the back of his shirt with one hand, The man, seeing no one around as the street was abandoned, threw the boy farther down the alleyway they were by.

The boy rolled on the concrete, more sobs escaping his throat as the man came closer.

"Quit being so loud!" the man kicked the boy in the ribs, the boy rolling farther down the alleyway. The boy noticed another kid, a few years younger, in the man's other hand when he finally had the chance to sit up.

The boy could sense a strong curse had been set on the other boy. A muting curse, one that possibly couldn't be lifted. The boy had a gift of sensing magic, which only made him want to get away from the man even more.

"W-why do you k-keep chasing me?" the boy hiccuped as the man threw the other kid beside the boy.

"You really don't know, do you?" the man growled, searching through his bag. "You don't know what that necklace on you stands for?"

The boy whimpered as he watched the man pull out a knife from the bag.

"You're going to make someone very happy," the man smiled, the wild... feral gleam in his eyes reappearing. "Which one of you wants to make someone happy first?"

Both boys trembled as the man came closer.

"I'll choose for you."

The man pulled out a shiny, golden coin. He examined the circular piece before flipping it into the air, catching it in his hand.

Without warning, the man grabbed the youngest kid by the hair, yanking him over to the side.

"You will go first!"

The knife torn into the other boy's shirt, and the boy struggled, making a face as if he was screaming, but no sound could be made out. The boy from the side watched as blood was starting to colour the fabric darkly.

"Quit your moving!" the man snarled, grabbing the youngest boy's hair, yanking his head up to force the kid to look up at his captor. The man flashed a cruel smile before slamming the kid's head into the concrete.

The boy from the side could hear a loud crack, and he could see blood covering the ground from under the other boy's head. The other boy had stopped moving, his body limp.

The boy from the side saw no remorse, not even a single hint of guilt, in the man's being as the man cut out the youngest boy's wings. The man lifted up the dead boy's head again once he was done with the wings, his eyes going over the bloody face.

The man started cackling, then he repeatedly...

The head would be impossible to identify.

The boy from the side watched, terrified into silence. He needed to escape, but he was at a dead end in the alleyway.

He was at the dead end of his life.

The man worked upon the limbs, casting a glance at the boy off to the side every once in a while.

"You will both make so many people happy," the man spoke. "Especially you. Your eyes..."

The man wheezed with glee.

"I'm going to be rich!"

The boy to the side started sobbing as loudly as he could.

"Hey! Shut up!"

The sobs turned into screams as the man stood up, slowly making his way to the boy to the side.

BANG BANG.

The boy watched as the man fell to the ground, red spurting from his head and neck.

The boy shakily looked up to see a tall man put away his gun. The man wore royal clothing, the boy reconized, and his face held no emotion. He came over to the young boy, kneeling before him and the dead feral man.

"Are you okay?" the royal man asked.

The boy nodded, still crying. The man gingerly took the boy's medallion in a slender hand, examining the carving.

"You were sold and abandoned. Hm. Perfect," the man muttered. The royal man stood up, taking the medallion off the boy and throwing it to the side.

"You're coming with me," the man ordered. The young boy stood up and followed, stepping around the crimson and two corpses. The boy's body still shook, and he looked back at the scene.

The royal man said, "Do not look back."

After a few more minutes of walking, the man asked, "Do you have a name?"

"Ardour..." the boy mumbled, keeping his eyes foward. "...Where am I?"

"The Middle Kingdom. Your parents abandoned you."

"What does... abandoned mean?"

The royal man sighed.

"It means they don't want you anymore."

The boy felt his chest start to hurt, and tears formed in his eyes.

"Th...they..."

The royal man sighed again, then said, "Stop your crying, now. I'm taking you somewhere much better."

It was much better. Better than Ardour could dream of.

"...My, my, my," Ardour chuckled. "You got me to tell you some of my past. You humour me."

Ardour dragged his dagger slowly across the captive's jawline, a thin, red line appearing.

"Too bad you won't live to hear more," Ardour continued, finding amusement in the victim's struggles against the chains.

"Don't give me that look," Ardour smiled, pressing the blade to the other's neck. There wasn't enough pressure to cut. Yet.

"I truly enjoyed my little game with you. May your soul enjoy the next life."

Ardour pushed down, and he finished while watching the light dim in the other's eyes, "May my soul be purified with each action I take to purify our world."

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

4/26/2020 11:32 am  #6

Every villain has to have a bad backstory, you know. Yep.

Good job with the writing, btw.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

4/26/2020 12:55 pm  #7

T h a n k

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

4/26/2020 5:12 pm  #8

W e l c

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

5/06/2020 3:56 am  #9

I SWEAR NOT EVERYTHING I WRITE IS ANGST BUT HERE IS MORE ANGST

WARNING: ANGST

This character is my SF!OC, North, who is my SF!persona's twin brother oof

His name was being called. His name, the label put upon him by adults who would never know the true him, was being screamed in a cry of pain. A cry of emotional pain, splitting the air into shreads of broken peace and comfort. A shout of terror and unforgettable fury towards some unknown object.

There was a fuzzy feeling in North's head as he tried to move, the screaming getting louder. The screaming was getting closer. North's eyes focused on his surroundings, and fear stuck his chest like an arrow.

He was back on the battlefield, the bodies of his fellow teenagers ripped apart into the abstract art of corpses. He couldn't reconize any of them, his friends, his comrades.

Someone ran over to him... someone familiar.

"E...Echo?" North's voice rasped, the painful taste of blood was starting to become noticed. "Hey, don't... don't cry."

This young teenager kneeling beside him wasn't the Echo he knew. It was someone else, a different version of his twin. North came to realize that his mind was thrown into another alternate world, the gods teasing him with the outcomes of other lives that North wish he never came to know.

Was this a divine punishment?

This version of Echo was talking quickly, begging, pleading, for whoever this version of North was, to stay alive.

"Hey... I'm fine... it's all fine... why not smile?" this version of North's body smiled back, blood dripping from the corners of his mouth. He could feel himself struggling to breath, as if something had punctured his insides.

North didn't control his words, they just calmly split out on their own like water out of a broken cup. The only thing he could control in this alternate was that he had the choice to listen to the words of the different versions.

North always listened.

This version of Echo gave a half-smile, tears stained with dirt and blood dripping down her scarred up face. North already knew that this alternate world was as horrible as his own world. It was how his own world used to be...

"That's a good smile... hey look..." North's hand trembled as he raised it to point at the glowing flowers nearby. "They're in bloom..."

His eyes went back to look at his sister, and North's grin, full of bloody teeth and pain, grew.

"When we get home, I bet our house will be surrounded by flowers."

Echo nodded, grinning back, "And Jay will-"

BANG-

Dark blood and gooey matter splashed on the ground as the teenager's body fell, the hole in her skull spurting out dark, internal innocence of a kid, too young to die.

There was another gunshot, and the world went black.

North screamed as he jerked awake, unable to catch his breath as he gasped for air. His hands gripped the fabric of his blankets and his shirt as he sobbed, his chest hurting and his heart beating so hard and fast that North could hear it in his ringing ears. His room was too dark, which made it worst. North's mind went to the worst conclusion: a memory still not distant enough to be ineffective.

They're coming back, they're going to kill me. They'll prod needles into my arms. They're going to drown me. They're going to torture me again.

North's screaming became louder as the teen became hysterical, his breathing hard as he tried to stand. He tripped over himself as he searched to find a way out, knocking over random objects that North didn't have time to identify. His twitching and trembling hands ran over the smooth walls as he caught himself, knocking over more things. He needed to escape from the ghosts screaming around him, from what next would come.

North needed to find a way out before they came back.

The lights flicked on, and North was screaming again, trying to fight the fuzzy figure rushing towards him. There was a sudden weakness in North's limbs as the figure suddenly sung a gentle, familiar melody. North's body relaxed as the familiar person came closer, now slow in pace. North let the figure hold him in a secure hug. North noticed there was someone else standing at the doorway... no, multiple people were standing at the doorway.

North sobbed, his mind finished piecing everything together. He wasn't in the torture chambers, North was in his room with his family members. This person holding North wasn't some royal scientist, it was his older brother.

North's hands clung onto Jay's shirt as Jay led him back to his bed. North let himself be sat down and held, crying hard as Jay continued to sing, rocking back and forth.

After a while, North's sobs turned into a silent cry, Jay's shirt stained in tears.

Very quietly, Jay asked North, "Who are you?"

"North Alistair Archer," North croaked, looking up slightly. Jay was trying to remind North of what was the current reality.

"Where are we?"

"In my bedroom."

"Nothing is going to harm you."

"Nothing-" North hiccuped. "-Nothing... n-nothing..."

North couldn't get himself to say the words. The words tasted like blood and vile, choking North into a sorrowful quiet.

"Do you want us to stay here with you?" Celery, North's younger brother, asked, sitting on the floor in front of him.

"Please..." North's grip became stronger, his voice full of ache and desperation. "Don't go yet..."

"We won't leave you..." Jay started to hum softly, still rocking back and forth.

Nothing is going to harm you...

North let himself believe it because it was the only thing keeping him from falling apart again.

Last edited by EchoDraws (5/06/2020 4:01 am)

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

5/06/2020 1:34 pm  #10

For something I wrote half-asleep, it's sorta okay lol

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

5/12/2020 10:37 am  #11

now this is epic

5/13/2020 12:42 am  #12

Thank you Echo, very cool

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

5/16/2020 1:23 am  #13

Y'all complimenting me on literally torturing my OCs with angst??? XD

Thank you though!

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

6/16/2020 2:01 am  #14

Tap, tap, tap, tap

Echo had her head propped on her hand, emotionlessly tapping the paper with the point of her pencil.

Tap, tap, tap

She couldn't sleep. Sleep only lead to...

TAP, TAP, TAP, TAP, TAP, TAP

Nightmares...

All around her... all around her is nothing but...

TAP, TAP, TAP

It wasn't real, it would never be real! No one was going to die!

SNAP.

Echo sighed as she flicked the broken lead off the table. None of it was real...

It was nothing but a silly concept her mind had created.

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

8/08/2020 12:00 am  #15

EchoDraws wrote:

I SWEAR NOT EVERYTHING I WRITE IS ANGST BUT HERE IS MORE ANGST

WARNING: ANGST

This character is my SF!OC, North, who is my SF!persona's twin brother oof

His name was being called. His name, the label put upon him by adults who would never know the true him, was being screamed in a cry of pain. A cry of emotional pain, splitting the air into shreads of broken peace and comfort. A shout of terror and unforgettable fury towards some unknown object.

There was a fuzzy feeling in North's head as he tried to move, the screaming getting louder. The screaming was getting closer. North's eyes focused on his surroundings, and fear stuck his chest like an arrow.

He was back on the battlefield, the bodies of his fellow teenagers ripped apart into the abstract art of corpses. He couldn't reconize any of them, his friends, his comrades.

Someone ran over to him... someone familiar.

"E...Echo?" North's voice rasped, the painful taste of blood was starting to become noticed. "Hey, don't... don't cry."

This young teenager kneeling beside him wasn't the Echo he knew. It was someone else, a different version of his twin. North came to realize that his mind was thrown into another alternate world, the gods teasing him with the outcomes of other lives that North wish he never came to know.

Was this a divine punishment?

This version of Echo was talking quickly, begging, pleading, for whoever this version of North was, to stay alive.

"Hey... I'm fine... it's all fine... why not smile?" this version of North's body smiled back, blood dripping from the corners of his mouth. He could feel himself struggling to breath, as if something had punctured his insides.

North didn't control his words, they just calmly split out on their own like water out of a broken cup. The only thing he could control in this alternate was that he had the choice to listen to the words of the different versions.

North always listened.

This version of Echo gave a half-smile, tears stained with dirt and blood dripping down her scarred up face. North already knew that this alternate world was as horrible as his own world. It was how his own world used to be...

"That's a good smile... hey look..." North's hand trembled as he raised it to point at the glowing flowers nearby. "They're in bloom..."

His eyes went back to look at his sister, and North's grin, full of bloody teeth and pain, grew.

"When we get home, I bet our house will be surrounded by flowers."

Echo nodded, grinning back, "And Jay will-"

BANG-

Dark blood and gooey matter splashed on the ground as the teenager's body fell, the hole in her skull spurting out dark, internal innocence of a kid, too young to die.

There was another gunshot, and the world went black.

North screamed as he jerked awake, unable to catch his breath as he gasped for air. His hands gripped the fabric of his blankets and his shirt as he sobbed, his chest hurting and his heart beating so hard and fast that North could hear it in his ringing ears. His room was too dark, which made it worst. North's mind went to the worst conclusion: a memory still not distant enough to be ineffective.

They're coming back, they're going to kill me. They'll prod needles into my arms. They're going to drown me. They're going to torture me again.

North's screaming became louder as the teen became hysterical, his breathing hard as he tried to stand. He tripped over himself as he searched to find a way out, knocking over random objects that North didn't have time to identify. His twitching and trembling hands ran over the smooth walls as he caught himself, knocking over more things. He needed to escape from the ghosts screaming around him, from what next would come.

North needed to find a way out before they came back.

The lights flicked on, and North was screaming again, trying to fight the fuzzy figure rushing towards him. There was a sudden weakness in North's limbs as the figure suddenly sung a gentle, familiar melody. North's body relaxed as the familiar person came closer, now slow in pace. North let the figure hold him in a secure hug. North noticed there was someone else standing at the doorway... no, multiple people were standing at the doorway.

North sobbed, his mind finished piecing everything together. He wasn't in the torture chambers, North was in his room with his family members. This person holding North wasn't some royal scientist, it was his older brother.

North's hands clung onto Jay's shirt as Jay led him back to his bed. North let himself be sat down and held, crying hard as Jay continued to sing, rocking back and forth.

After a while, North's sobs turned into a silent cry, Jay's shirt stained in tears.

Very quietly, Jay asked North, "Who are you?"

"North Alistair Archer," North croaked, looking up slightly. Jay was trying to remind North of what was the current reality.

"Where are we?"

"In my bedroom."

"Nothing is going to harm you."

"Nothing-" North hiccuped. "-Nothing... n-nothing..."

North couldn't get himself to say the words. The words tasted like blood and vile, choking North into a sorrowful quiet.

"Do you want us to stay here with you?" Celery, North's younger brother, asked, sitting on the floor in front of him.

"Please..." North's grip became stronger, his voice full of ache and desperation. "Don't go yet..."

"We won't leave you..." Jay started to hum softly, still rocking back and forth.

North let himself believe it because it was the only thing keeping him from falling apart again.

REWRITE TIME! REWRITE TIME!

Warning: Angst, gore

There was the wailing of his name. His name, a label given as a hasty gift from adults who would never know the murderer he would become and would never know truly of what he felt. The desperate call of his name continued, ripping apart any peace or comfort that never existed anyway. North could feel the radiating fury and pain, but he knew it wasn't directed to him. Rather, it was directed at someone or something that he would never get to know nor would he ever truly understand.

Fuzziness filled his head as North made attempts to move, to sit up. The screaming was getting louder and closer, increasingly getting more and more distraught.

Fear, quicker than an arrow shot from a bow, struck North as his eyes finally came into focus. The smell of gunpowder, smoke, and blood stung and became a nauseating feeling in his stomach.

Everywhere there was the freshly dead bodies of children like him, some not even teenagers yet. The adolescent corpses scattered, shreaded, and torn so badly that North would never be able to identify the owners that had drawn their last breath.

His friends, his comrades...

All dead.

Finally, he realized who was screaming as she came into North's view, panicked and sobbing. North could see the blood stains soiling her armor, her skin, her wings. He could see all the scars on her face, all her newly given wounds. North could see the pure agony and shock on his sister's face as she knelt down beside him, seeing all the blood spurt out of the broken armor. Echo's words hurt even more than the wound as she started begging for North to not die, pleading for him to simply stay alive.

"E...Echo? Don't cry," North said, a strong metallic filling his taste. "P-please don't cry."

Echo shook her head, sobbing harder.

"H-hey, I'm fine... it's just a small wound, it's all fine... why not smile instead? I've been through worst, ya know?" North grinned as large as he could, feeling liquid slowly drip from the corner of his mouth and down his chin. He could hear his own breathing rasping and struggling, his insides feeling punctured and torn.

It was real every single damn time. Every dream, every alternate world was real. North knew this, he knew good and well of this sickening fact. This was someone else's life that North was just reliving. Possibly... was this a divine punishment for his sins? Were the gods responsible for the nightmares that tortured him?

The pain was real too. North could feel it, he could see the wounds. North could sense everything. But he didn't control himself, not even a single word he said was of his making. North was just a ghost in a vessel, unable to do anything but watch.

This version of Echo gave a forced smile, sobs escaping from her chest as she stared down at her twin brother. North was able to make out every detail. All the crimson mixed with dirt, every etch of emotion on her face. Echo was scared. She was scared of dying; she was scared of losing another person close to her.

Echo was a child, just like him. Scared of war, scared by the gunshots and screaming all around.

Scared of herself.

"That's... that's a good smile," North heaved, nearly choking on his own blood. "H...hey, look!"

His hand trembled as he lifted it up to point at a glowing flower, a small laugh forming from his lips.

North's smile of bloody teeth and pain grew as he laughed, "They're in bloom! When we get home, I bet our e-entire house, no, the whole neighborhood will be surrounded by flowers!"

North looked up at his sister, finally seeing a shadow of comfort drift into her expression. He watched as more tears fell from her eyes.

Echo nodded, her own grin becoming more natural and larger, and said, "Y-yeah! When we get home-"

BANG!

For a moment, time slowed it's pace. North could see dark matter spill from the hole through her head, Echo's body hitting the ground as more and more red seeped and spewed all around. He could see the smile still on her face, her mouth open as if wanting to say something, to continue. North could see the way her eyes had dimmed, the contrast of silver armor and deep innocent blood clashing.

Echo was just a kid, just like him.

North started to turn his head, but there was a sudden instant of pain. Then, the coldness of black washed over.

There was an ear splitting scream erupting from his throat as North jerked and struggled to sit up. He gripped onto the soft, thin fabrics of his blankets and shirt, his nails cutting through and piercing his own hands. North sobbed hard, his breath coming out in chokes and gasps. His chest hurt from his own heart beating violently, everything else being drowned out by the ringing and beat.

Dark, everything was dark. Where was everyone else?! Where was Echo?! Where was Silence?! Jay?! Celery?! Lillian?!

Why wasn't anyone there?!

North started screaming again when he realized where he was.

"PLEASE! LET ME OUT! DON'T HURT ME AGAIN!" was all North could yell, wobbling as he stood up. "STOP IT! LET ME OUT! PLEASE!"

They were going to put his head underwater until he passed out, prod his arms and legs with needles until his vision blackened, slit open his stomach and chest. They were going to hurt him. They were going to continue torturing North.

North continued to beg as he knocked things over while trying to move around. He continued to grope at the walls, shoving unidentified things to the side as he desperately searched for a way out. North fell to his knees, screaming as loud as his lungs would allow, trying to drown out the shrieks of the ghosts around him. He gripped onto his hair, violently tugging at it as he wailed over the voices in vain. 

The ghosts told him to run. The ghosts cried in pain. The ghosts reminded him that he was going to die. The ghosts were children like him. The ghosts, the ghosts, the ghosts, the ghosts, the ghosts-

The lights flicked on, causing North to jolt up. There was a blurry figure coming towards him.

North threw himself back, falling in the process, thrashing his arms and legs to retaliate against the figure. North continued to bawl, closing his eyes while writhing on the ground.

"LEAVE ME ALONE! DON'T HURT ME, PLEASE!"

"PLEASE! PLEASE! DON'T HURT ME!"

"Please...don't..."

North's body weakened and tired as a deep, familiar melody was sang. North's limbs went limp, steadily slowing into a stop. North opened his eyes, scanning the destroyed room. He saw Jay slowly come closer, he could see his other siblings at the doorway.

North let Jay help him up, clinging onto his older brother's shirt as he was led to his bed. He let himself be held and rocked back and forth, listening to Jay's voice as he sang. The words silenced the ghosts; all North could hear was Jay and his own sobs.

It took a while, but North's sobbing shifted into a quiet cry that wetted Jay's shirt.

Jay stopped singing and gently asked, "Who are you?"

North knew what Jay was doing. Jay was trying to remind North of what really was happening, the truth of reality. To remind North that he wasn't in the torture chambers, to get North to organize his thoughts.

North hiccuped, looking around the room he had devastated, "N-North Alistair... North Alistair Archer."

"Where are we?"

"In... my bedroom."

"Mm-hmm... who am I?"

"Jay."

"Yep, I'm Jay, your older brother."

"I-I'm North, we're... we're in my bedroom... you... y-you are Jay, my older brother."

"Nothing will hurt you."

"Nothing... n-noth... nothing w-will..." North couldn't force the words out as they tasted like the vile of blood, like an empty promise. North went into a sorrow-filled quiet, giving up.

Celery sat down on the floor in front of North, concern clearly showing, and asked, "Do you want us to stay with you?"

The mere thought of them leaving sent North into a spiral, his grip tightening and his voice pleading with a desperate cry, "Don't leave me alone!"

"Okay... we'll stay in here," Jay nodded, continuing to sing right after. North closed his eyes again.

Nothing will hurt you.
Nothing will hurt you.
Nothing will hurt you.

For a moment, North allowed himself to believe an empty sentence. It was childish, but North repeated it in his mind like a broken record player so he could ward off the ghosts.

That mere sentence was keeping him from breaking all over again.

Because North was a child.

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

8/08/2020 1:46 am  #16

I must tell you that this rewrite is indeed better than it's predecessor

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/08/2020 2:35 pm  #17

Thank :D

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

11/01/2020 11:39 pm  #18

Originally these POVs was for a GGaD RP plot in which I killed off my sona (don't worry, we brought her back to life lol) but the other day I decided to rewrite the POVs so here.

The original is in italics while the rewrite is normal text

Echo watched silently, but slowly she started to crumple back to the ground in pain. She now laid on her side again, staring off at the snow. Her vision blurred, but Echo felt nothing but a terribly cold hollowness and a biting pain in her gut. She wanted to continue to fight, to get up, but her body refused to move. She stared at the snow as soft flakes danced around her vision, as for a moment Echo blocked out everything else but the glittering white. A soft ache started to fill in Echo's chest, but Echo ignored the new emotions. Fear and sadness...

Echo wasn't that smart, but she knew that she wasn't going to live after this. But... Echo ignored the feelings she was feeling from that knowledge. She wanted to feel nothing, to grasp onto the shallow nothing, even as it was bitter and cold.

Echo waited. She wouldn't be able to fight back after this... her body had now stopped even though her mind remained. All there was to do was wait for Oblivion to just end it. Echo knew this. The goddess forced herself to stay awake, although her body was tired and crying for sleep. She stared and stared, watching Oblivion and snowflakes as she laid on the ground...

She felt another presence far away, but it was too far for Echo to want to acknowledge.

So, Echo waited for Oblivion to kill her, nothing but an empty, harshly cold void settling as her emotion.

Echo was still, not even a flinch. She just let it happen, accepted it, and waited. Yes, it was painful, but Echo was used to being in pain. Echo closed her eyes, almost looking peaceful, but if you studied her face quite carefully, you would notice a slight melancholy expression had surfaced. Maybe it was worry, worry and saddness from all of this, maybe worry and saddness towards Germaine. Guilt...Guilt for being selfish in all this, for not following to what Germaine had told her to do, and for wanting to kill Oblivion. In the end, Echo only made everything worst... she was good at that. Make everything worst then either feel sorry for herself or for everybody else around her. This time, Echo failed, but Echo accepted this fate, accepted death, and although in pain, she didn't scream when Oblivion gave the final wound. Echo let herself relax, and then she went to sleep.

Echo looked peaceful, snowflakes scattered in her dark hair and on her face. Soon enough, the remaining emotions drained from her expression and died along with her. At last, Echo stopped breathing, and she was gone.

Rose petals, beautiful red petals started to swirl around in the air around everybody. There was the sound of softening footsteps that receded to a stop. More petals took flight along with full grown, wonderful roses, the smell of the flowers wafting around.

Alma was crying upon the realization that he was too late, not quite fast enough to stop Oblivion. Tears fell from his eyes as he threw his leather jacket to the side, cold air making a chill go down his spine. He didn't hate Oblivion, he didn't have hate at all. He wasn't made to be able to feel hate, but he wasn't going to let anything else happen.

"...Step away from her. Leave," Alma sighed, taking out his pocket knife, putting the tip against his own arm, near his shoulder. The metal was freezing cold as well, another chill went through his body from the touch of it. Alma wasn't used to this cold weather, and his black tank top wasn't much warm, but his defensive and offensive abilities didn't give him much a choice if he had to use them.

"I'm not here to fight, and I would rather not do so. You've kill enough today, Oblivion."

The wind was a gossip, sometimes helpful, which is why Alma was here. It decided to speak up about the two deities fighting, and Alma already knew that it wouldn't be good... but... he wasn't expecting to see Echo's lifeless body on the ground and Germaine to be passed out over yonder. Alma already quickly decided to take Germaine and Echo somewhere else so he could wake up Germaine and do something about Echo... He wasn't sure what he could do other than hold a funeral for the teen deity, but he needed to bring both of them away from Oblivion. Of course, Alma was a bit unprepared for this, but he was also in a rush so it couldn't be helped. Alma felt slightly sick, grief taking it's place, but he didn't have time to mourn. He needed to help and stop another death from happening, and Alma was going to do so.

Alma's eye had tinted into a stunning bright pink, and he looked to be prepared for whatever Oblivion would do. He looked serious, stern even, but there was no mistaking the great saddness in his visible eye. There was also no mistaking that there was more to Alma than his pretty looks, and that pocket knife was certainly aimed to make a self-infliction in his arm, suspiciously. Whatever Oblivion was about to do, it was certain that Alma had already made a choice to counter and balance Oblivion's action out. 

Echo watched silently until her expression became one of agony, a red-stained hand going to the wound on her side. Slowly, so very slowly in that moment, she crumpled to her knees. Echo's body swayed, the weight of pain overtaking her and forcing her down. She wanted to move, Echo wanted to get up and continue to fight, but her limbs refused to do such a thing.

Snow covered half of Echo's vision, snowflakes dancing gracefully across her eyes. Glittering, mesmerizing flakes twirling and landing without a sound, blocking everything else. It was a brief distraction from the mortal pain and emotions that had risen from deep inside and pushed ache into her chest.

Echo wasn't smart, she never was smart, but Echo knew she wasn't going to live. It was a bitter truth, a poisonously bitter truth. Echo was young, so she chose to ignore the knowledge she had. Instead of accepting the truth, she reached out to grasp the hollow concept of ignorance.

Ignorance seared and frosted, it gnawed away and gave coldness. Echo wanted that, Echo wanted to feel nothing. She wanted to ignore the harsh truth, to find comfort in nothing.

There was a pain in waiting for your time to go. No matter how much her will burned, Echo's body had completely stopped despite her running mind. She could pathetically do nothing, so Echo waited. She waited for Oblivion to kill her. Echo had no other option but to force herself to stay awake, to face this reality, despite the screaming for sleep.

She found herself staring and staring, watching Oblivion's blurry body and the wonderful snowflakes dance and spin.

Echo felt the pressure of a far presence, a living being, but had no energy for acknowledgement. There was no point to do so when you are waiting for your death.

So Echo waited for the darkness, finding a nonchalant calmness in the void of emotion she clasped.

She was still. The signs of flinching or a tremble was nonexistent. Once again, she had reached out for death and accepted it. Once again, she waited for the sand to run out.

It was painful, but life itself was pain. Echo was raised in pain, Echo was told that pain was love. She had accepted it then, so she accepted it now. Death was love. Death was peace. Death was escape.

Death was painful.

She closed her eyes, forcing childish tears back. Her face had almost reached peace, but melancholy had surfaced and spoiled the calm. Despite what Echo wanted to desperately believe and hold, despite what Echo lied, worry and sadness and guilt had stabbed her worst that any wound Oblivion had offered.

I'm sorry Germaine.

I'm sorry Alma.

I'm sorry Silence.

I'm sorry Alois.

I'm sorry Francis.

I'm sorry Malaika.

I'm sorry World.

I'm sorry Momma.

I'm sorry Dad.

I'm sorry brothers.

I'm sorry sisters.

I'm sorry to the people who I have met.

I'm sorry to the people I will never meet.

I'n sorry innocence.

She had wanted to take away life, she had taken away life. She ignored what Germaine told her. She ignored the ones who had tried to help her. She made everything worse.

Echo was good at that, being a mistake. That was what she was from the beginning of her miserable life, and that was what she would be in death. Echo wanted to laugh, to laugh at herself and her pathetic self-pity.

I'm sorry life.

I'm sorry death.

Echo had failed. Wasn't that fate? She failed Germaine, she failed her friends who had became her family, she failed whoever gave her deityship.

If Echo could, she would laugh. She would laugh at her little worth in the world and the realization that her death would just be another number to add to the millions.

Maybe that's why she accepted death and held it close to her. Maybe that's why there was a ghost, a flicker of a smile before her last breath. A trace of a grin before she went to sleep.

The remaining emotion died with her, peace settled upon her youthful face. Snow scattered and decorated her dark hair; snow became sparkling ornaments upon her face.

A single red rose petal drifted onto Echo's check, it fluttered into her hair and tangled itself in black strands. More petals flew into the scene, mixing and joining the snowflakes in their swirling steps.

He was too late. Tears, many tears, fell from Alma's eyes in his realization that he couldn't stop Oblivion. He took off his leather jacket and threw it to the side, a shaky sigh exhaled.

Alma couldn't hate Oblivion for he wasn't created to hate. Not a drop of hatred infected Alma's mind. He couldn't hate, but Alma wasn't allowing more suffering to be made.

"Step away from her. Leave," Alma commanded, stern in his words. He held his pocket knife's point on his arm, near his own shoulder, the chilled metal's touch caused a shiver to go down his body.

He wasn't used to such cold temperatures, his black tank top barely providing warmth, but his defensive and offensive abilities didn't give Alma a choice.

"I'm not here to fight, I rather not do so. You've killed enough today, Oblivion."

The wind was a gossip, a help when truly needed, and had led Alma to the scene. It had spoken up upon the topic of the two deities fighting...

...Alma wasn't prepared to see Echo's lifeless body, Alma wasn't prepared to see Germaine passed out. It was a cruel scene, a horrific sight. He caught the bloody splotches and signs of fighting ruining pristine snow. Alma constructed of what he could do to help in his mind despite having no time or preperation. To help Germaine... To hold a funeral for Echo...

Alma felt the sickness of grief overwhelm his mind, intense pain scraping his shoulders, chest, heart, and stomach. But he pushed it down deep inside, knowing he couldn't yet mourn.

He had a life to save, if he could do so.

Alma looked serious, even stern, but there was no mistaking of the intense sadness in his visble, bright pink eye. That pocket knife was held in such a way to indicate he was prepared to suspiciously self-inflict.

If Oblivion was going to take action, there was an air of certainty that Alma had made a choice to counter and balance the action out.

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

11/02/2020 12:14 am  #19

As I said in the GGaD Boardhost

great writing and improvement! Very much enjoyed!

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

11/06/2020 8:01 pm  #20

Time wrote:

As I said in the GGaD Boardhost

great writing and improvement! Very much enjoyed!

UwU thank

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Board footera