The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/17/2020 9:39 pm  #1

In need of new moderators | CLOSED

The forums are getting bigger -- we have upwards of 90 users now -- and there are only four moderators. While we're sure no one's posting anything questionable, we'd feel more comfortable with more people on our team. That, and we can't keep up with all the content, especially with IRL responsibilities factored in, so we could use the extra help.

If you're interested, fill out the form and apply on this thread. Do not PM me your application -- the community deserves to know what moderators they could potentially be getting. Only apply if you're serious -- none of us are in the mood for joking, and joke applications will be deleted. 

Note that I am only recruiting moderators.​ No admin positions will be given.

The requirements and application are below.

REQUIREMENTS:
1. You must be active. We don't need you to "occasionally" help out or moderate "from time to time" -- we need moderators who will be here consistently and often. Don't bother applying if you can't be active.
2. You are required to have Discord or be able to get it. That is how we will be communicating due to the lack of a group PM feature here.
3. You must be mature and of good character.
4. It doesn't matter how long you've been here, but being an established user definitely helps.

APPLICATION:
1. Briefly introduce yourself.
2. Why do you want to be a moderator?
3. Why do you think you'd be a good moderator?

Thanks for reading, and good luck to anyone applying!

Please keep this thread to applications only. If you have a question, PM me.

Last edited by General Zura (8/27/2020 11:50 am)

Zzzzura 
Administrator

8/17/2020 10:01 pm  #2

Re: In need of new moderators | CLOSED

Russet wrote:

Exactly how active do I need to be on Discord? I’m willing to get it but Discord gives me bad vibes and I’d rather not be on it often

Regularly active. We use it a lot. If you can't do that/don't want to, don't apply.

Zzzzura 
Administrator

8/18/2020 12:14 am  #3

Just wondering which discord is it. Is it the crossiant one? Or a separate one?

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/18/2020 10:27 am  #4

I'd like to apply!

1. So hello, I'm Specter and Ig I should mention that I come from way back from the WoFMB and SAMB. At the moment I'm the most active user here in terms of posts but that may change. Anyways, I'm also a moderator for the GGaD wikia and boardhost, so I guess that's a bit of experience? I can confirm I'm friendly With my activity on here, I guess you've probably seen me around quite a bit. I mostly spend time on homethreads and the art section of the forums, plus the writing section for reading others' dev and the forumfics I follow. I like memes and I'm bilingual.
2. Well, to start off, I really like and want to be of help in any way I can. And I'm pretty active on this community, so I can take a shot at helping to keep the peace and quiet here! As you mentioned, I haven't really seen questionable content, but it wouldn'thurt to have one more mod to try to help out :3.  So, to sum it up, I want to be a mod because I think it would be a great way for me to help around here.
3. I did mention that I'm a mod for GGaD, but that is a bit of a limited experience. Anyways, I feel kinda weird "promoting" myself, but I should say that I have never gotten in forum arguments that have blown out of control. I don't think I've ever been in forum fights or problematic discussions. And when I did enter those, it was to propose a compromise or something of the sort. I don't really think my problem resolution skills are the best, but I can at least guarantee that I can be there to try to help. Also, I'm very active on here, so I can notify other mods in case the need to do so arises.
While at the moment I'm not super active on Discord, I can definitely increase my activity there. I can check in daily, but for lack of a proper device to recieve notifications, my access there is limited. I can say that if I do get accepted, I will try hard to increase my activity.

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

8/18/2020 11:31 am  #5

Time wrote:

Just wondering which discord is it. Is it the crossiant one? Or a separate one?

PM questions please. This thread is for applications only.

Anyway, it’s going to be a group chat, not a server.

Zzzzura 
Administrator

8/20/2020 1:05 am  #6

if you are in need of one I'll go step up

1. I'm Time, a pretty veteran WoFMB forumer (I tried to get into SAMB but could at the time) I was going to say that I was the most active forumer here but spec has taken that from me. But lets see if I can take it back. But last time I checked I'm the 3rd most active atm. So that's pretty active. I guess I'm kinda everywhere? I try to post on every post.
I'm, like specter, a staff member of GGaD. However I'm not as high up as her. I'm a content mod.
2. So first, isn't helping good? And second, It can kinda seem that depending on how many extra mods you want, you're a bit low. So might as well, y'know.
Spreading help around is always nice! tbh I don't know what else to exactly say.
3. Because I'm pretty flipping active, I normally check this site daily. Plus, I don't think I'm too susceptible to being angry and this and that and emotional over some drama, so I can handle stuff better. I also have a pretty clean, nondramatic record. And like before I have said I have been a GGaD staff member for a pretty good while. I have been mod in discord as well, and have done some mod work there. However, I do not have from my mod role there, bc I was becoming increasingly less active there. But I think it was because I was just losing interest, sadly.

Edit: btw sorry if it's not enough stuff to grade me on lol, sometimes these things are hard lol

Last edited by Time (8/21/2020 12:58 am)

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/20/2020 4:18 pm  #7

@Time @Specter
Thank you! :D We're going to wait to see if anyone else applies before we start reviewing applications.

Zzzzura 
Administrator

8/20/2020 4:54 pm  #8

1. Briefly introduce yourself.
Hi! My name is Galaxian and I'm your local former moderator here (who didn't feel like they were deserving of the role due to inactivity at the time) and also the 2nd most active forumer here. Looks like I'll be completing the podium users' applications pattern going on here. I was a SAMBer and WoFMBer from about June of 2018 to April of 2019. I'm both a writer and an artist, but most of the time I don't share those things and instead post posts of questionable quality and unquestionable quantity.

2. Why do you want to be a moderator?

I feel like with a combination of my (newfound) activity here and how i approach community activities, I can be a contribution to the community. I really value being a part of any community, especially if I can see the things I do for it. By being a moderator, I think I can help others and also my wish to serve this little world by just being a notable part of it.

3. Why do you think you'd be a good moderator?
I regulate posts often and thoroughly and I think I retain a good sense of judgment, especially if I'm not involved in any incidents. These are the two qualities that I think are crucial for any job related to moderating, even if this place is very peaceful.
In terms of communication, I can also access Discord for a little bit every day and I can take the initiative in communicating even if not on Discord if urgent matters arise when I can't go on Discord. I also feel like I'm connected to most of the community and am comfortable with getting to know others.
I also retain experience with modding in similar areas. For instance, I am a rollback on the Yandere Simulator Wiki, which has a stricter governance system, and as such I have experience with communicating with the community no matter whether I know them or not, and I also have experience with evaluating what's better for the majority by voting in the Council of Administration there. I'm also a content moderator on the GGaD wiki, which we're affiliated with. There, I think I've re-established some organization in terms of content and I was able to use granted admin powers to add to chat based on what I thought the community there would like. In short, I believe my experience will help me improve my existing expertise if I become a mod here as well. 

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
Birds aren't real.

8/20/2020 7:33 pm  #9

@Galaxian
Thank you!

Zzzzura 
Administrator

8/27/2020 11:50 am  #10

This is now CLOSED. We are reviewing applications now.

Zzzzura 
Administrator

Board footera