The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/24/2020 6:43 pm  #51

Re: School of the Cursed Signup |•| Yep, I'm rewriting it

Accepted!

7/25/2020 9:21 pm  #52

It seems that being ghostly is something mandatory for most of the Specter sonas lol.

Name: Specter de las Ánimas
Nicknames: Spec, Ghost, and anything else tbh.
Grade: 10th
Sexuality: They don’t care about this lol
Appearance: Specter has a more or less average appearance, standing at 1.71 meters (around 5’7’’). Their appearance is that of a young person with a lack of gender defining parts, though they look a little older than their actual age. There’s nothing special about their physical build. It’s average, not too thin or muscled either. Specter’s skin is a natural shade of tanned caramel which won’t burn in the sun, and their left eye has a very dark gray iris. Their right eye is perpetually closed, and the skin in the right area of their face is scarred. Similar scar marks—almost like mangled skin—are also visible (though concealed by clothing Ig) on their arms, torso, and left ankle. Specter’s short, dark brown hair is styled in a way which allows the bangs to cover the right half of their face. The hair curls at the tips, since it stiffly reaches just to their neck.
Their face has a slightly stressed out look on it almost always, with an anxious smile.
Clothing Preference: Specter has a very casual clothing style, really. They’re not really into fashion and that stuff, though they do have a sense of color taste for combinations. The most common combination is black leggings as a bottom and some kind of minty green shirt as a top. Same for shoes, comfortable reddish sneakers are just fine. They own a long maroon coat that’s slightly frayed in the lower part. However, this coat in particular seems to be very special to them, as Specter will wear it as much as they can. The only ornamental accessory they wear is a thin black choker on their neck.
Personality: Specter is mostly a likeable person, really. They act in a pretty cheerful and friendly way, which is probably due to their ambiverted nature. Their attitude toward others is rather warm (not hostile). It’s not hard to note that they’re distracted and have a slight tendency to daydream or get lost in their thoughts. Motivation is strong in Specter though, which is nice because it makes them give their best in whatever they’re required to do. Especially if this means they’ll make their friends happy. They’re easily excitable as well, and will get pumped up over pretty much anything they like. While Specter may not be very bright, and seem to have a simple way of thinking, they’re not dumb. Sure, a little bit gullible perhaps, but not to an extreme level. They do have common sense, even if most of the time emotions override it.
It is hard for Specter to get angry at things, and even stranger for them to direct this feeling at people. However, when it does happen, it’s like a flare: very very strong for a while, just to fade away progressively. They’ll often forget why they were mad in the first place (unless the offense is like, super serious).
Likes: Pleasing stuff, like harmony in music and art, even though they’re not really good at producing either. Dancing (they’re pretty good at this), cool stuff, nice people, shiny/glittery things, sugar, videogames, the idea of the supernatural/ghosts, hanging out with friends, the color maroon, and cute things.
Dislikes: Being ignored, pecans, dirty stuff, not being able to sleep, boring people/things/situations, being bored, being relaxed, loneliness, radishes, and betrayal.
Greatest Fear: Disappearing for good for some reason. Or, a little more toned down, being ignored by everyone else.
Hobbies: Watching movies and reading books! Spending time with their friends too.
Power/Curse: Specter’s power/curse is not exactly useless, but it could be a little more convenient for them if they could actually control it. In simple terms, it can be described as invisibility and intangibility in a combo. However, this skill seems to carry more cons than pros.
Well, the essence of this power is that Specter can become invisible and undetectable to others. And also go through things, in a way similar to a ghost. It is important to note that for some reason they will never phase through the floor or floor-like platforms. Their clothes fade away along with them but that’s all, as any objects they may be holding at the moment will be dropped. Going invisible completely numbs Specter’s sense of touch, but they can still move around. Not even they can see themselves but it doesn’t matter much, except that they aren’t quite sure of their position in space. The main drawback to this is that “materializing” back into tangible form will give Specter a painful pins and needles sensation all over their body. This effect is stronger in areas which have gone through stuff.
It is possible for them to have intangibility without going fully invisible. In this case, their body stays translucent, but they can still phase through stuff. The nice thing about this state is that it doesn’t give them the numbing sensation that full disappearance carries with it. However, it only happens in situations in which Specter manages to control their power somewhat: rarely.
The curse may seem to activate at random, but Specter has figured out that situations in which they’re very relaxed are a strong trigger. If they feel too comfortable or tranquil, poof, they disappear completely. Being startled or strong emotions are almost never the cause of the power’s activation, but it happens sometimes. The second more common way for their power to be activated is by sudden pain or strong contact.
Sudden pain, such as being slapped or hit by something, causes the area around the contact area to enter invisible-intangible state. Specter doesn’t like being hit in the head, for example, because walking around without a visible head seems to scare people. Or looking as if they don’t have a hand, or an arm. Plus, it also gives the uncomfortable tingly sensation after returning to normal. Because of this, Specter avoids direct physical contact with people as much as possible.
Strengths:
> They’ll often take the initiative to problem solving and action, and while this can be a weakness as well, let’s focus on its positive aspect.
> They have good artistic taste.
> They have developed a rather high stress threshold over the years, so they will not break down too easily.
> They’re also used at uncomfortableness and won’t cry at it. It doesn’t make it any less problematic.
> Specter’s cheerful demeanor makes for a slight sort of charisma or charm around them. They’re pretty likeable. Though this aspect doesn’t fully apply to leadership xD.
> The fact of being intangible is pretty neat if one wants to go into blocked-off areas.
> Their invisibility power would make them good at playing hide and seek in case it gets activated then :3.
Weaknesses:
> Specter doesn’t like being extremely relaxed or chilling because it’s their trigger. So they’ll constantly try to be slightly on edge about something, anything.
> That ^ drains their energy pretty quickly because it’s a known fact that anxiety and stress are not good for anyone.
> Despite having a high stress/anxiety threshold as mentioned before, if this is exceeded, they’ll actually collapse emotionally and snap.
> They have actually materialized into things before, injuring their skin and flesh. This error is the source of the injuries on their face and body, though it hasn’t happened in years. Specter generally avoids phasing through objects as much as possible for fear that they’ll be hurt in case they appear again.
> Having that prickly sensation all over obviously doesn’t let them move freely after materializing. It causes pain, leaving them static in place until it fades away.
> I mean, the fact that they can’t grab objects in intangible state is kinda sad. Being intangible can be pretty nice until you start falling off chairs or you drop the drink in your hand.
Crush/Shippable?: Specter is not qualified for a romantic relationship. Please keep them single lol; they’re super oblivious to romance.
Can they be injured?: Yep!!!
Can they be killed?: Sure, as long as it’s not something dumb lol.
Other: Blessed. If Spanish exists in this universe, then have it be their first language please uwu.

I tried to do something a little different for the way in which Specter’s curse is activated :D

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

7/26/2020 10:05 am  #53

@Specter, accepted!

8/02/2020 1:04 pm  #54

owo whats this? can i signup with my rythm access character lmao i'm lazy

_-=+Imagine+=-_
      [7/04/17]

[He/Him]
"lmao did you think i could come up with an inspirational quote"

8/02/2020 1:24 pm  #55

RisingStorm (Imagine) wrote:

owo whats this? can i signup with my rythm access character lmao i'm lazy

Sorry, but signups are closed again! I don't want to end up with too many characters like last time. 

8/02/2020 3:17 pm  #56

okie! that's fine XD

_-=+Imagine+=-_
      [7/04/17]

[He/Him]
"lmao did you think i could come up with an inspirational quote"

Board footera