The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/03/2020 1:37 am  #2476

Re: 🍭 The Candy Graveyard πŸ‘» Specter's Homethread 🍭

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Me logging back in because I saw a chance to reply to a post even after I said I would go to sleep:
(Oβ€ΏO)

Β 
M e

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

10/03/2020 1:38 am  #2477

(Oβ€ΏO)

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

10/03/2020 1:41 am  #2478

(Oβ€ΏO)

Β Anyways I really do need to go to sleep lol
It's,,, wow I stayed for like forty minutes longer than I wanted xD

10/03/2020 12:32 pm  #2479

Gave my test ^_^
Written comprehension it was. Not hard imo but I wonder if the replies I gave were the correct ones. On the bright side, I did understand the excerpts we had to read.
I have the problem that I can't do as well as I would like in exams or evaluations for some reason -_- but I'm trying to fix that. I get really nervous during exams even if I know the content or it's easy.

10/03/2020 2:03 pm  #2480

https://jcw87.github.io/c2-sans-fight/

YO this thing is really fun!
I can't beat it yet xD only in practice mode. My brother beat it in a no-hit though O_O he has SKILLZ.

10/03/2020 2:34 pm  #2481

Why did ai get a remix of Senonzakura and the Mario Bros theme in my recommended?
It's not bad it's just weird xD

10/04/2020 1:22 am  #2482

I am very bad at it bruh

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

10/04/2020 2:11 am  #2483

Alright a couple weeks ago I said I'd post my opinion of Owari no Seraph.
~
Okay so in general, I enjoyed the story.
If we're talking about character design, then I really liked it. Love the uniform designs, especially the Vampires'. They have cool boots and the humans have cool hats. And the art style is pretty neat! It interferes a bit with my own but I liked how it was animated in the anime.
In contrast to the neat character design... the characterization and development of the characters was not very good. I actually disliked Yu and the Shinoa Squad all through season one, to the point in which I wouldn't have watched the second season if it weren't for special corcumstances. Anyways I'm glad I did. They really got kinda better there (did they have personality flips lol) and that made it more enjoyable. But Imo a lot of the characters in general lacked development. Like, for example, Yoichi. He seemed like the kind of character I'd like but I can't feel too strongly about him as not much was shown of him. Yuu acts like a brat though and I remember being really annoyed that he kept getting his way in the first episodes. Shinoa is pretty cool too but I have questions about her (Wikia time Ig) and her mini-speech thing in one of the episodes made me go like "wth wth wth". Anyways, the protags do have skills so yeah. But it's kinda funny how (imo) the anime has more characters with dislikeable personalities than the opposite xD
Well, I really liked the concepts of the universe! Imo they weren't executed in a very good way--so much unused potential there R.I.P. The demon contracts thing were very interesting to me as well as the way it manifested into Cursed Gear. The very idea of vampires was neat as well. Too bad they made the vampires so dislikeable. I do love their concept. And they're interesting.
Then, of course, there's the Seraph thing, but I can't say a lot about it because spoilers. But yesh I liked it as well.

My impression on the first half of the anime prevented me from choosing a definite favorite character immediately, but after some thought I think it would be Mikaela. Especially his child version, but that's a backstory thing Ig. Anyways he did not deserve what happened to him, but I didn't really like the way he focused too much on his goal. Still, I guess it's understandable to some extent. He's handsome and cute too lol. I do like him. Way more than anyone else.

Well, as for the plot...
It was predictable xD so much that even I, a person who fails at predictions, could tell what was going to happen. It had its fair share of cliches and some parts even lacked action or were straight out confusing. HOWEVER, the idea of the plot was interesting. Just that, much as with the characters, it seems to me that it could have been done better somehow.
My favorite thing was the theme of caring for friends and family present throughout the whole story. I don't really know how to express what I think about it, but I just really like that. The loyalty, devotion, and care that the "family members" show for each other is beautiful. It drives the whole story too so that's good.
This is also why I do not support ships between characters in this fandom. Who the heck ships people who feel like family to each other.

I probably have more stuff and thoughts to share about this, but I can't recall them at the moment so I shall stop here.

In general, I did enjoy the anime. More so in the second season. The concepts, theme, and art/design take the prize here more than the plot and character development. It wasn't a bad show, but it could have been better in many ways.
Also it ended in a cliffhanger. Like, dude, I wanna know what happens next xD but at the same time I like that one can interpret/guess what happens to the remaining group after the end.
Well, that's that. I don't strongly recommend Owari no Seraph but there's positive things to it if you do decide to watch it!

10/04/2020 2:14 am  #2484

I really loved the first opening and ending too. I'll see if I can link them sometime soon, but they're awesome.
Most of all I like how they match the theme. The lyrics.
In fact, the theme of the story (and the angst related to it Ig) can actually make me tear up even if it's not really for the characters themselves but for what they have experienced and are experiencing.

10/04/2020 2:26 am  #2485

A random note but I think it's funny how the translated name of the anime is "SerafΓ­n del Fin" because xD it sounds so redundant to me xD

And can we just appreciate the beauty of the title "King of Salt"? It's awesome. Like, Ik it's a literal thing but xD... salt...

10/04/2020 4:19 pm  #2486

I hope Autumn is able to see that post with the opinion I know she was curious to see what I thought about the series, and I've procrastinated too much :')

10/04/2020 5:22 pm  #2487

10/04/2020 5:23 pm  #2488

I hate it when I'm typing at like 120 WPM and I still finish fifth in a NitroType race -_-

10/04/2020 5:52 pm  #2489

Well it's tim to get ready for the five-hour Zoom meeting thing on Sunday afternoons lol
Ttyl

10/04/2020 9:02 pm  #2490

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

I hope Autumn is able to see that post with the opinion I know she was curious to see what I thought about the series, and I've procrastinated too much :')

:D I saw it! Didn't have the time to respond to it earlier when I read it this morning but <3 ty for the review and thinking of me fjdslkfjdkslf, it was really interesting to read your thoughts

I've mentioned it before but I only read like a fraction of the manga a year or so ago so I can't say much in regards to the quality of the plot (especially since I don't know how the manga compared to the anime) but I do agree with how you found the family dynamic to be the best thing - it was my favorite part too. I'm almost always a fan of found family in fiction and the way how the group all treated each other was probably my favorite part as well. Also big agreed on the ships thing - they're all like family, please don't @ weird shippers. And also agreed with how lovely the character design was! The uniforms and outfits are just <3

Once again it's been a while, but yeah - I agree that most the characters are not very likeable at first. I'm not sure if the series is still going (I think it is but don't quote me on that) so that might be why? I remember really, really liking Yoichi as a character back when I was reading it, although if you asked me why I wouldn't be able to explain because I forgot xD Shinoa was both interesting and annoying to me too but I forgot where I stopped jfdsklfjklsdfkj Overall, I agree with what you said - the concepts are super interesting, but some of the execution is a bit weak

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd
hello :D hope you're having a good day

"The true sky, and songs that cageless soar
Were they not wishes worth fighting for?"

10/05/2020 12:04 am  #2491

Ah that's okay! I'm glad to know you read it uwu
I think it's still going but I haven't checked it out yet so. Yep.

10/05/2020 10:38 am  #2492

10/05/2020 10:39 am  #2493

10/05/2020 10:39 am  #2494

10/05/2020 10:39 am  #2495