The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/28/2020 3:07 pm  #2401

Re: ๐Ÿญ The Candy Graveyard ๐Ÿ‘ป Specter's Homethread ๐Ÿญ

I think this is funny XD

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

9/28/2020 3:19 pm  #2402

9/28/2020 5:06 pm  #2403

I've already done the due brainstorming for a paragraph required in English and now I realize that I should've been smarter and maybe made it so it matched up with one of Scribble Sept's prompts.
Tbh I'm not vey good at writing but this is a description scene supposed to convey a feeling. Idk how well I am doing.ย 

So far I've only got:
"Approaching the large window in the living room, she could observe the street running alongside her apartment. ย The cloud-covered sky cast a bleak light on the dusty abandoned cars which were lined up in a careless row. Just at the far left, the demolished remains of an old factory lot added more neglect to the scene."

9/28/2020 5:37 pm  #2404

Half an hour later I have only been able to add two more short sentences fjkfjkkjf

9/28/2020 5:41 pm  #2405

Fixed it up a little and this is the final product:
"Approaching the large window in the living room, one could observe the street running alongside the apartment. ย The cloud-covered sky cast a bleak light on the dusty abandoned cars which were lined up in a careless row.ย  Just at the far left, the demolished remains of an old factory lot added more neglect to the scene. Yet the few masked people around walked without a care to their surroundings. Some of them entered the buildings at the other side of the streetโ€”apartment buildings whose front was covered in faded paint. The only lively thing visible in the place was the passing cars, which, slowed by the speed limit, rolled peacefully on the pavement."

9/28/2020 5:41 pm  #2406

Knowimg my mom she'll probably want me to edit it some but idk I'm just tired.
I'll do the editing with her because my mind doesn't want to work with me.

9/28/2020 6:01 pm  #2407

Show don't tell

-Galaxian-

โ˜†Galaxian Explosionโ˜†
Protecc:ย ้ป‘ๅฐ่™Ž, Gold Saints,ย Run,ย Hajime Saitou,ย Heaven Chancellor,ย Karna,ย ็ฆป, Hiiragi Shinya,ย Violet Evergarden, ๆถ‚ๅฑฑๅฎนๅฎน
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
Birds aren't real.

9/28/2020 6:13 pm  #2408

Bold of you to assume that is my ability.
Tbh I don't really know how to do it. I did what was requested in the exercise (describe a view using adjectives and set a general mood) and how to do it?

I edited it with my mom already and it's uploaded because I'm supposed to be sending in everything today or tomorrow.ย 
Now two more to go and final revision for the essay.ย 

9/28/2020 6:20 pm  #2409

Y'know sometimes I think I'd rather have painting the view of my street instead of describing it as an assignment asdfkjfdshfskjย 
I'm notย thatย good at painting/drawing but the result would be better than writing.
I mean, that's a skill I barely practice. I draw more backgrounds than write paragraphs and THAT's saying something.

Anyways I've no excuse lol.

9/28/2020 7:05 pm  #2410

I'M SO BORED I'VE BEEN SITTING HERE IN FRONT OF THIS HIGH-BRIGHTNESS SCREEN FOR LIKE THREE HOURS JUST TRYING TO COMPLETE THE FREAKING MISSING PARAGRAPHS
I KNOW WHAT I WANT TO WRITE BUT I CAN'T PUT IT INTO THE WORDS I NEED
in general I'm just really frustrated mhhhhhhhhhhhh

9/28/2020 7:06 pm  #2411

Also I haven't tasted any sugar since Saturday and I already feel the craving
I broke into tears a while agoย beggingย for a bit of cake so
Anyways I have enough self-control to not burst into the kitchen and start eating the sugar. I'd love to do that though. It's hard to not think about.

Fruit just doesn't cut it for sweet flavor.

9/28/2020 7:08 pm  #2412

I feel like I'm dying here with an doc goal to complete and no sugar to aid my crumbling emotion system

9/28/2020 7:12 pm  #2413

Like please just let me go to my room and draw and eat candy or something please

9/28/2020 7:17 pm  #2414

Or like it would be nice to pull an all-nighter
Idk I feel like doing something completely opposite to what I'mย supposedย to be doing atm.
Like, marathon a series or something.

9/28/2020 7:27 pm  #2415

OKAY I GIVE UP.
I'll either work on this latre tonight (doubt it, prolly will draw instad) or kill my brain finishing it tomorrow.

9/29/2020 1:38 am  #2416

Listened to "Dead Hand" again and wow yup I like how catchy it is.
The title is not about a corpse btw. It's a reference to a weapon iirc.
There's like, Cold War references (like "M.A.D.") and I'm not completely sure of what the song is about XD. Maybe it's a love song? Regret? Idk. Imo it's not really a deep song, but I was just thinking about it.
As with most of Ferry's songs, I like certain isolated lines out of context lol.
Especially "I shed a tear as you vanish in the snow" because that part is melodic.
Anyways it's Vocaloid so ummm even though I like it, don't get disappointed if you listen to it please xD

9/29/2020 1:46 am  #2417

Lindsey Stirling has neat songs. I recommend her.
Her videos are also pretty cool but most of the time I just listen to the music XD
It's interesting how the violin can sound that versatile. Ig I don't knoe much about the instrument but I do like it.
I aspire to perhaps play it one day uhuh so I should be better-informed.

9/29/2020 1:49 am  #2418

I've actually handled a violin before, but I didn't know how to use the bow correctly or even howe to hold it. I scratched out the melody to "Peace and Love on the Planet Earth" though XDDD I remember that. Ewww cringe xD. Not at the song, but at the audacity I had to play that in front of a loved friend lol.

I also played Austral's violin earlier this year, but without the bow xD. I just kinda fingerpicked "Canon in D" and it sounded decent. But while that is a way to play the violin, it's not the standard one really so yeah.
I'm kinda used to fingerpicking guitar and it's a bit different tbh. Ngl though I was afraid of cutting my fingers on the violin strings.

9/29/2020 1:53 am  #2419

Another instrument I've handled without truly knowing how to play is the accordeon. HOWEVER, I did play it well for someone who had never seen a real one in their life before. Of course, I had a sheet with the notes for those little circular buttons on the side which complement the keys. But I did well with a simple melody. And my right hand was good since the little keyboard is almodt like playing a small piano and I can do that without looking almost.
The tricky thing is to pull and compress the whole intrument in time because it's heavy. If you don't move it, it produces no sound.

9/29/2020 2:33 am  #2420

I wonder if that's just me kinda bragging xD
Idk I can do some stuff pretty well but I don't excel at anything tbh.

9/29/2020 8:12 pm  #2421

Went for a bike ride with my mom and brother!
I raced French Fry and I won but o_o; it was "uphill" and I can barely move my legs now lol.
My poooor weak kneeee owww xDD

9/29/2020 10:49 pm  #2422

We're trying Skribblio in English and it's really fun!!!

9/29/2020 11:23 pm  #2423

I just watched a video that was Among Us but a Danganronpa execution and honestly it was so accurate lol
Fr though the child,,,
The memes and content in general that fans make of the game about the children (idk what you call in English the small crewmate thingies that run around with you) make me like, sad.

9/29/2020 11:24 pm  #2424

I know I can't play the game but oh boy it's something I would SO play.
Mostly I think the memes and fan content (as long as it's appropiate OF COURSE) are better that the game itself xD. It's funny.

9/29/2020 11:32 pm  #2425

Still need to check exactly what the lyrics of this cover say, but the music is really pretty and it makes my heart absolutely melt

ย 

Board footera