The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/19/2020 12:47 pm  #2651

Re: ๐Ÿญ The Candy Graveyard ๐Ÿ‘ป Specter's Homethread ๐Ÿญ

Alright @Time! And @Echo Ig too :D

According to the wikia, "The Fate series is a TYPE-MOON media collective that follows various events called Holy Grail Wars that involve Masters, generally accomplished magi, summoning Servants, Heroic Spirits, and battling each other until the last remaining pair can claim the purported Holy Grail."
I've only watched the anime adaptations, so that's what I'mma recommend obvs!ย 
Basically,ย Fateย is about seven Masters who summon Servants to battle for the wish-granting Holy Grail, as the summary above says. These Masters are almost always mages (imo it's interesting to see how their magic types are different; the universe is pretty creative in that sense I think) who have a wish to fight for. And the Servants are "Heroic Spirits", basically Heroes famous is history from various parts of the world. Like, for example, in one anime, Achilles is summoned. I should probably note that the series takes a bit of creative liberty in the designs and alters their backstories/legendsย  a bit to make it fit better in the unvierse. Still, it's interesting to see the interpretation.
The Masters have varying personalities and beings too xD so it's always fun to see how they get along with their Servants! Sometimes they clash, and sometimes they get along nicely. To give an example of Master's mage magic, there was one who could use gemstone powers to detonate stuff (I think XD but that's basically what she did) and another had an ability to use fire, and yet another used some kind of time magic totally not baiting you here Time. So yeah!
Anyways, the funny thing about this whole Holy War thing is that it's pretty much a "battle royale" kind of game xD or at least I see it that way. Except that the Masters can actually die. And there's often subplots and relationships between the characters which drive the whole plot forward. Continuing with the game aspect, I feel it's like a game because of the way it's defined.ย 
All the Servants are given classes: Saber, Archer, Lancer, Rider, Assassin, Caster, and Berserker. The Servants are classified into these, well, classes (redundancy xD sorry) according to what they were in life or what their legend was. For example, a Saber servant would be an expert in the management of swords and extremely good at close combat, whereas a Caster will be an expert in the use of magic without as many physical defense or weapon management abilities. A Lancer obviously has a lance/spear as their main weapon, an Archer is, well, an archer xD, a Rider has a "mount" they can ride, Assassins are experts in assassination and often use more stealth than direct combat, and Berserkers are extremely powerful because of their brute strength and physical abilities BUT lack of reason. So I guess you can imagine how the classification goes! Each class has their strengths and weaknesses, which forces the Masters (in most cases) to come up with a strategy suited for their Servant which will allow them to defeat the other participants easily. And for me it was very interesting to see the different "strategies" or lack of them in some cases lol that the Masters had.
The Servants are superhuman. They have an amazing amount of physical ability, both in strength and speed, but require mana from their Master to be able to keep up their physical forms. Theyย areย spirits after all. And because of their abilities and skill, a battle against a Servant is fast-paced and will probably prove to be deadly for a regular human.
Another thing I think is like REALLY COOL is the concept of Noble Phantasms. This is kind of like a "special move" based on an aspect of the Servant's legend. It costs a lot of mana so like it can't be spammed over and over xD and, depending on the strategy, a lot of the time is used to try to give finishing blows to the opponent. To give a non-spoiler example... uhhh... what can I give that is not spoilery xD... Atalanta (an Archer) has the Noble Phantasm "Phoebus Catastrophe", which is based off the aspect of her myth connected with Artemis, and it rains down arrows from the sky in a destructive quantity. Sometimes, though, the Noble Phantasms are more passive and don't necessarily have to work for a warlike purpose.

Anyways, Iย thinkย that's it for the general explanation of the concept on whichย Fateย is based. I might've missed a couple things but that's off the top of my head atm.

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

10/19/2020 12:59 pm  #2652

As for the story, I've watchedย Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works, Fate/Zero,ย andย Fate/Apocrypha.ย In that order .
There's a reason for the order, and the main story has three possible routes, but I've watched just one because of the recommendation from Galaxian. After a while I gathered that the other two routes for the first Fate anime are a bit iffy, so I don't know if I'll actually watch them (and I already know what happens in them anyways xD). But it's still fun.
I personally enjoyedย Fate/Zeroย a WHOLE LOT, but it's kinda like a prequel so you're supposed to watch it after the main route. Andย Apocryphaย is a sort of canon AU, but it's sorta different from the other stories.ย 

Anyhow, I did really enjoy seeing the different characters and their stories. I have some favorites xD and, well, conflicting feelings about some. Not to mention those whose fates were,,,, tragic .

Ask me any questions Ig!

10/19/2020 1:26 pm  #2653

ngl, seeing that there is more timelines and it's separated into different series and such kinda makes it pretty complex... most of the time it's a bit of a turn away from me (for tv shows, at least. Because tv and movies are normally seen as more linear stuff)

It makes it too complicated than it needs to be. Especially even if they don't really have any connections with one another. Do they connectย  or have a break off point in any way or anything??

Imma play a bit hard to get. I don't watch any tv shows (let alone anime) very often

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

10/19/2020 3:26 pm  #2654

Ah a challenge xD hehe. But it's okay if you decide to not watch it or something.

I'mma admit: it does sound complicated and it probably is. Not even I can be bothered to figure out the whole franchise XD. However, I like the concept of Grail Wars and so I'm recommending the animes which center around it. In fact, you don't even need to focus on understanding timelines and all that, as stuff just begins to make sense as you watch. And the "routes", well, you don't need to watch all of them to understand what's going on completely.
As I said, Fate/Zero is a prequel to the main storyline. I watched Unlimited Blade Works and then Zero as its prequel. You could even leave it at just watching UBW tbh xD. Apocrypha is an AU of sorts, I did say, so it's a complement. It's less complex than it seems, especially if you focus on one step at a time (and if you have a friend to explain it to you ;) because we're friends, right?).
So, to sum it up, it's not necessary to watch everything to enjoy the story.

10/19/2020 3:28 pm  #2655

I'd say to go watch Episode 0 of Unlimited Blade Works to see if it appeals to you. From what I can remember, it explains the situation pretty well.

While personally I enjoyed Zero a lot more than UBW because there's more action, Zero is a sort of complement too. And UBW is really NOT bad. It is interesting and has intrigue.

10/19/2020 3:56 pm  #2656

I think so?

Maybe... maybe.

But ngl I'm someone who needs to know all parts of a story to get into it, which is kinda stupid... but maybe... maybe. I do actually like the thought of the wars and the summons as well.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

10/19/2020 3:59 pm  #2657

Yeah! I feel like the concept of magic in the Fate universe is very interesting. Especially with the Servants and all that!
Which is why I'm doing that AU thing for my characters
Hmmm, well, I'm here to explain anything you might have questions about if you begin to watch it!

10/19/2020 5:25 pm  #2658

I love ginger tea with all my soul.

10/19/2020 8:36 pm  #2659

I definitely like food too much for my own good--it's my one true love--but! pork dumplings!!!! LOVE THEM.

10/19/2020 8:55 pm  #2660

Hey Specter.
I think you just gave away way too much of your address than you probably should give. Or it just limits down locations so much that your general location is already there.
I know you're comfortable with giving away your country or even the approximate city, but I'd suggest you delete a certain specific store name.
People here are unlikely to do much with it, but this is the internet and Boardhost is no private website. So.

-Galaxian-

โ˜†Galaxian Explosionโ˜†
Protecc:ย ้ป‘ๅฐ่™Ž, Gold Saints,ย Run,ย Hajime Saitou,ย Heaven Chancellor,ย Karna,ย ็ฆป, Hiiragi Shinya,ย Violet Evergarden, ๆถ‚ๅฑฑๅฎนๅฎน
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
Birds aren't real.

10/20/2020 10:56 am  #2661

๐Ÿ‘

10/20/2020 10:57 am  #2662

I dreamed that one of my OCs was running for president.
Hahahahaha xD
I wouldn't vote for her. No sir.

10/20/2020 12:44 pm  #2663

So far my score on Vocabulary and Spelling quizzes is 100%. Will I be able to keep it this way?

10/20/2020 12:46 pm  #2664

The hardest word I had was twelfth because I forgot how to spell it xD
Then the vocabulary is always hard -_- because I KNOW what the words mean, but I have trouble recalling the exact definition taught to me.

I don't like the memorization learning strategy much.

10/20/2020 12:47 pm  #2665

I mean you do memorize stuff so
I just meant that repeating a text over and over until it's engraved into your memory and you can repeat it without thinkig is... not really my best way of learning. It does work but it's hard for me if it's not a poem or song.
Not to mention I think it feels like brainwashing for some reason xD

10/20/2020 2:55 pm  #2666

Let's see if tomorrow I can find some fandom memes ๐Ÿ‘€
Generally I refrain from posting those and instead resort to random memes because the others are fandom-specific and not everyone gets them, so...

10/20/2020 7:28 pm  #2667

I'm not saying I wanted him to stay that way, but Yoichi did look pretty cool when possessed by Gekkoin.

10/20/2020 7:30 pm  #2668

Also how does Lacus's hairstyle work? I'm curious, since ir looks so simple but from the back xD idk.

10/20/2020 7:33 pm  #2669

Oh also I wanted to say this because I found it funny xD
So the equivalent of saying "what the hell" in Spanish is something like "what the demons" and I just think it's really funny that they're saying it in a situation wih demons xD

10/20/2020 7:37 pm  #2670

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

So the equivalent of saying "what the hell" in Spanish is something like "what the demons" and I just think it's really funny that they're saying it in a situation wih demons xD

ย 
OKAY BUT WHAT IS THE SAYING IN SPANISH THO-

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

10/20/2020 7:48 pm  #2671

EchoDraws wrote:

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

ย 
OKAY BUT WHAT IS THE SAYING IN SPANISH THO-

ย 
"ยฟQuรฉ demonios?"
I never use it tho xD I use a more toned down version, kinda like "what the heck"

10/20/2020 8:37 pm  #2672

Galaxian talking about Peru reminded me how XD how reading the Peru section of my World Geography book got me triggered.
So much incorrect, outdated, and partial information.

10/20/2020 8:39 pm  #2673

Listen, I may not follow a Peruvian curriculum and may not be all that knowledgeable about our history because of that but I know the culture and how thing are here.

Also yes potatoes.
We have idk how many kinds of potatoes xD and they all have different tastes. They're really really good; I like them all! All the ones I've tasted so far ofc

10/21/2020 2:58 pm  #2674

I hate allergies with all my being.
Especially when it makes only one of my eyes water -_-. That's REALLY ANNOYING.

10/21/2020 4:44 pm  #2675

I HATE ALLERGIES WITH EVERY INCH OF MY 5' BEING

Board footera