The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/22/2021 12:27 am  #51

Re: ~ the border between past and future ~ | Prank's Homethread

Time wrote:

Oh wait idk that Scribbles-While-Squinting was a geckoi my bad

For me, I became pretty disinterested in the vtuber group due to the previous one in the Violet arc. The previous one could barely even remember the plot (only one actually could remember and had to keep the group on track). And honestly, they kinda annoyed me, a viewer that was there for the plot and the world and stuff.

And while I know to not place all characters of a group in one stereotype and such, the session 0 for the second vtuber group turned me away, as they couldn't stay in track with making characters, and just were thirsting over the races for what seemed like the entire session. Much like the last group. I don't think we could have even gone 5 minutes without someone screaming, much like the last group.

Plus how they were given the main campaign was completely uncalled for and honestly not fair.

If I ever check back in, I MIGHT check the vtuber group to see if they're different. Sure I like the enthusiasm that they gave off in session zero and in clips Ive seen afterwards that session 0, but truthfully I can barely take the tone that they gave off.

Sorry for that splurge. Essentially I don't think the vtuber group is for a guy like me, who is there for the plot more than funny ha has (although I do not despise jokes). But mayybbeee I'll see into it more if I ever check in.

Ahhh, understandable. I only started Ink and Blood for ChilledChaos, so I might be a little immune to that feeling still.

Hey, if I eventually check the other campaigns once Ink and Blood is over, I can report back on how the vtuber group is going for ya.

I'm Prank from the SAMB. Currently doing historical research. Will not be pasting my old signature due to length.

8/22/2021 4:17 am  #52

As I said before, I don't mind some comedy, just really knowing when to joke around (I'm doing funny rp at base camp when nothing is really happening) and when to get serious (Oh shoot we might die here). Y'know?

I feel there's got to be a balance of the two, and the last Vtuber one had way too much comedy, and it was all just really "naughty naughty bonk" jokes if you get what I mean. I just couldn't handle the same jokes over and over again. I'm impressed by all the "bigger men" that could handle it. Or they could've also just be regular fans for those vtubers

And even when they were more on the serious side, it was many times "what can my character do idk how to play please help dm" moments. Which I had some patience for, luckily. This even showed up in their final battle, I believe.

I would most definitely get outcasted from the community for saying this.

But yes there must be a balance of funny and serious or else it gets too annoying and superficial, or too boring and a chore to watch.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/22/2021 4:21 am  #53

Oh if you ever do, that would be pretty great. Thanks! I have a little hope for them, since they've expressed really wanting to get into it when I was there but we'll see.

I took your test btw and got original arbiter. I forgot his name though. Some of the questions I didn't have too much context of due to me not playing halo but I tried my best to answer

Last edited by Time (8/22/2021 4:21 am)

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/22/2021 10:33 am  #54

Time wrote:

Oh if you ever do, that would be pretty great. Thanks! I have a little hope for them, since they've expressed really wanting to get into it when I was there but we'll see.

I took your test btw and got original arbiter. I forgot his name though. Some of the questions I didn't have too much context of due to me not playing halo but I tried my best to answer

Thel 'Vadam! He's my favorite character of all time. He was also one of the first in my SAMB gang.

I'm Prank from the SAMB. Currently doing historical research. Will not be pasting my old signature due to length.

8/23/2021 1:32 am  #55

This might be a stupid question, but is Thal Vadam dead or something?

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/23/2021 4:04 am  #56

Time wrote:

This might be a stupid question, but is Thal Vadam dead or something?

Nah. At least. Hopefully Halo Infinite won't kill him off, at least...

There are dead Arbiters tho, so you might be thinking of Ripa 'Moramee (Halo Wars) or Fal 'Chavamee (Halo Legends).

8/23/2021 12:56 pm  #57

Oh I was kinda wondering because the result said, "Original Arby"

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/23/2021 10:54 pm  #58

Time wrote:

Oh I was kinda wondering because the result said, "Original Arby"

Oh yeah, that's just referring to him being the first Arbiter character that was introduced to us.

9/01/2021 10:43 am  #59

Oh wait, there are multiple arbiters? I never knew that.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

9/01/2021 11:24 am  #60

Uhhh also with Arcadum it seems you might not be getting new episodes of dnd for a while. Or at all, if you had not heard.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

9/01/2021 10:22 pm  #61

What if you wanted to a enjoy chaotic DnD party dynamics that include one of the content creators you like...

But the universe said:

"I think we're due for another Internet influencer controversy."

-Prank (aka the one who has indeed heard the arcadum news)

9/02/2021 12:31 am  #62

Not to be that guy but...

I deff noticed the red flags, a considerable amount of them, it's a big reason why I became more distant over time.

But I thought of it to be just normal human badness/imperfection. However, not really surprised, since I already thought of the normal human badness.

It seems like Nurp and some other Verum workers will now be taking the community over, as Nurp has ownership of the Discord now. Kinda wanna see what he does. Since it ain't Arcadum, I'll be checking it out.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

9/02/2021 1:57 am  #63

Oh wait hold up nvm looks like it's just the community/discord being being place under Nerp's control. Still, I'll be interested in that.

But either way, it looks like Arcadum's internet time is pretty much up

Ngl, I'm slightly surprised that seemingly most of the more dedicated community members missed out on pretty obvious flags, I've noticed checking community posts. The fact that the ones that were suspicious or had a slight feeling that something was up yet still watched were always ignored or blasted for their suspicion puts a little cherry on top for me.

Of course I think mostly everyone didn't think he was this crummy, but still they missed some things that showed something was off or he needed to work on himself.

Last edited by Time (9/02/2021 2:13 am)

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

9/02/2021 9:16 pm  #64

I was still new, and only consuming Ink and Blood, so it did catch me really off guard. The only red flags I sorta noticed seemed to lean more to like a railroading DM maybe, but I kinda brushed it off as this being more narrative and cinematic than typical D&D.

But even if he returns to streaming, and can somehow keep his players, I dunno if I could stomach continuing watching after this.

I feel really bad for the players, especially those like Chilled who were getting introduced to playing because of this experience. Ink and Blood was fun due to the party dynamics and shenanigans, and there's always reassembling under a new DM or something, but it's up to them. It was fun to see Chilled in a D&D game and I hope he's able to at least find a new offline game.

9/03/2021 1:43 am  #65

Yeah, I wouldn't really expect you to notice any flags, as you said, you're pretty new. Tbh I thought the same of him being more of a railroad dm was just apart of being a more narrative style. There was no way anyone could deduce this from that.

I think is no way he can keep his players after this. All his old players, and his older friends left him. Even his most loyal people spoke out against him. Even his childhood friend, Falcon, who made cameo character appearances decided to turn his back, I think. I didn't watch Falcon's stream on it yet, but that's what I've been hearing.

I think the evidence is still being revealed, as more people continue to recount their negative experiences just every single moment he was uncool or petty or anything negative.

I think I've heard that some teams are being picked up by other DMs in the D&D community. At least there's that. At least if people are in need of some dnd, they can check the other DMs.

I think some DMs are even taking countermeasures to make sure this situation doesn't happen to them by having like, a headstrong player/friend keep them in line and having them be a reliable communication line between players and DM

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

9/03/2021 4:15 pm  #66

I haven't checked other DM's stats yet, but I think the vaccum of him being canceled has boosted a lot of other DMs since people need that dnd. Which is nice, I suppose

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

9/15/2021 6:13 pm  #67

How to cringe/feel pain in just one step:

1. Look at your old writing

So out of curiosity/nostalgia I decided to look back at a thing I wrote during NaNoWriMo half a decade ago. It's one of the planned stories I'll still pursue, but it's gonna be an RPG Maker game instead of a novel now. Of course I got hit with psychic damage; I completely forgot about the few times the characters would lampshade a reference that was made as if they're in the know even though it would make no sense for them to be. That probably hit me more than the cliches and odd writing choices.

Although I will admit, I also found a lot that made me go, "this is actually good tho wth." I'm a bit surprised on how much I wouldn't actually change once I've revised the plot and dialogue.

But also, yeah, this one works so much better as a game than a book. Besides the fact that the medium change would give me more freedom in worldbuilding and side quests (the book version doesn't have side quests but there was a moment where I was like "this scene would work better if it was a game and the player could explore the room and interact instead of momentarily derailing the main plot"), the story itself is basically a JRPG and so it feels weird when it's not actually a JRPG.

But first thing that's gotta go is a lot of the naming. Some of the "threw some syllables together in what I thought was a good combo" stuff is tolerable - the bad Japanese Google translate ones are not. Maybe a few were okay, but then there's "Rifu Gado" and "Dowafu" and "Tiru no Miko" and no. No. No.

-Prank

9/16/2021 1:01 am  #68

I really feel this is applicable to any artistic endeavor and almost every hobbies. Just look at old stuff and you will cringe.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

9/16/2021 1:02 am  #69

At least it's proof of learning

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

9/16/2021 3:58 am  #70

Time wrote:

I really feel this is applicable to any artistic endeavor and almost every hobbies. Just look at old stuff and you will cringe.

Yeah actually that's fair. I probably would have the same reaction when looking back at old sketches/MS paint art, too. Except I feel like I'd be more willing to find "oh this is actually good" stuff in old writing than I would in old art.

9/17/2021 1:47 am  #71

Yeah. I feel in art you'll find less of "this is actually decent" stuff because it's usually easier to see improvements. For me, at least.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

9/17/2021 6:49 pm  #72

Time wrote:

Yeah. I feel in art you'll find less of "this is actually decent" stuff because it's usually easier to see improvements. For me, at least.

Yep. I think 'cause it's much more visual than text?

10/16/2021 5:35 am  #73

So guess who got into a D&D game? Haven't yet started, but it's gonna be Waterdeep: Dragon Heist and I'll be a Firbolg Life Domain Cleric. Currently know of a half-elf bard, a dragonborn druid, a paladin (dunno race), and a fifth member who's scheduled to be joining us later on. I also learned of a fanmade Halo TTRPG system that Roll 20 supports, so once I've gotten comfortable with D&D, I'm definitely gonna try that out next.

Although I started off with that, I did come back to make a different announcement. Even though I missed Forums Week 2021, I've gotten an idea for Forums Week 2022 almost a year in advance. I have this personal challenge to make a fanfic for every trope showcased in ColeyDoesThings' "popular fanfic tropes" series, and "Self-Insert" is one I haven't had any ideas for until now. My initial idea was something taking place in the Slime Isekai, but then I almost immediately realized there was an untapped potential in using SAMB!Prank, especially since I've already been rebooting the Our Daily Lives show behind the scenes.

So with nothing plot-related decided yet, I'm gonna be doing a tribute oneshot to my old shenanigans. The new AO3 tag limit might not take too kindly to just how big my gang was...yeah, no, I remember off the top of my head that I had 200+ characters there, and the 75 tag limit is shared between both fandom tags and character tags. That's gonna be a nightmare, oof.

-Prank

10/18/2021 1:32 am  #74

Coolio. I've always wanted to do Dragon heist. Are you in your first session or what?

I'm looking forward to that story there. Are these tags and whatnot apart of homebase? A new addition?

Is nice seeing you here, keeping this abandoned website chugging along.

If you want we do have another boardhost, however it's not SF centered, rather FWRP centered (I forgot if I've told you about this or not, so sorry for the repeat if I have). Still has forumers.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

10/18/2021 1:34 am  #75

Also is it really true that you had a 200+ gang? You're not kidding?

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

Board footera