The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/13/2021 5:12 am  #26

Re: ~ the border between past and future ~ | Prank's Homethread

Time wrote:

Woah I wrote a lot, sorry about that... 

Do you require a TL;DR?

Nah, sometimes I write a lot too. And don't worry about my delayed response - was busy with editing and photoshopping for the past several hours.

Also sorry for the multiple posts that are about to come in. For some reason I can't copy-paste rn so I have to do separate quote posts.

I'm Prank from the SAMB. Currently doing historical research. Will not be pasting my old signature due to length.

8/13/2021 5:14 am  #27

Time wrote:

Don't speak the old magic to me, I was there when it was written (litterally).

Races were a thing that the artists and arcadum went over during concept streams. Yozai are actually pretty cool. Ngl. I loved the idea. Kinda sucks that they replace teiflings in Glies though, so no Glien born teiflings, but it still makes sense.

Oh yeah, I am mostly aware of the general ideas of the campaigns, even if I didn't watch them or am very much distanced away from it now. Another perk of watching the planning/concept streams.

Well, Elliot most likely is a follower of the Green Pantheon, since they are all against death. However, I'm putting my bets on it being Lorn because he's the coolest (imo) and has the most emphasis out of them for death.

Dang Xetor dead? Are you sure?? The last of the cyclops?

It was Lorn! You reminded me. And I don't remember if the name Xetor was specifically brought up, but yeah pretty sure the cyclops are all dead now.

And I'm also partially explaining stuff for the benefit of others coming by. And also 'cause I just like infodumping about something that interests me.

I'm Prank from the SAMB. Currently doing historical research. Will not be pasting my old signature due to length.

8/13/2021 5:15 am  #28

Time wrote:

BrownWolf123 wrote:

the big war that keeps getting referenced.

Oh, also the big war being referenced, was the previous arc/story. I forgot the name it has been given, but I'll call it "The War of the Seven" It lasted from essentially the very beginning of when Arcadum started to DM to before the Glies arc (which I believe is about 17 years?). However, we were only able to see like, the last 2 years of games before the ending, as that is when he started to stream. As you probably already know, the war came to an end 50 in-game years ago by now (a few months in real-time).

Note that whenever you hear a female voice doing some opera singing about hope or something, that means it's important. It's also a direct reference to the "War of the Seven", however, what it is referencing might've not been on stream or anything, and possibly new content to viewers.

Yeah that war. I keep forgetting the specific name for it. I keep wanting to call it "The Great War".

8/13/2021 5:18 am  #29

Time wrote:

BrownWolf123 wrote:

I also dunno what lw character means or what you're costs you're talking 'bout. I'm that much of a newbie to this. 

Don't worry, this makes sense since you've dropped in during the Glies arc. The Living World (LW) is probably inactive or doing stuff that doesn't really matter as of now.

As you know how character interactions can affect other campaigns, The Living World can do so as well. It can effect the live, streamed campaigns, and the streamed campaigns can affect the offline Living World as well.

Now, what is The Living World? Well, when Arcadum was small, he wanted his viewers to participate. So for being subbed to his channel, you had the opportunity to submit a D&D character (and hopefully have it accepted) to play in his world with your actions being cannon. It consisted of text rping in the discord, and actual D&D sessions hosted by either Arcadum himself, or some of his close DMs. Your weight had as much impact as the stream characters. Well, at least when Arcadum was small.

An example of the LW affecting the stream games and vice versa is the Dilating One Boss fight: A violet servent fight where a character's actions elsewhere could affect the tides of the battle. The LW was in charge of fighting DIO, and had two 6 man teams, with 10 backup fighters (if I remember correctly). However, only one of those characters was actually a streamed game character, and even he was a backup for the main fighting teams. Even if this was actually later on when Arcadum was bigger, it still proves my point. Actions that stream characters did while doing their part in the war affected the adventurers fighting against DIO.

When Arcadum grew bigger, however, there were so many applications and adventurers joining The Living World, that it became increasingly hard to handle. This was due to the sheer size, Arcadum's not-so-best management, and the LW's system meant for smaller groups. With this, many things that the LW wished to do and such had much less of an impact than the stream games. A real example of the LW's ineffectiveness is a LW character working very hard to create a shield, it took months and hard work the player (and the character) for this to get through the system. However, in the end, his shield was destroyed quite effortlessly, or not even given to him at all. I do not exactly remember the specifics, but you still get my point.

Due to some members pointing this out to Arcadum, and him not taking criticism some drama wamma yada yada yada, I'm assuming he decided it was time to revise the LW. So as of current, the LW's actions are most likely: set in the just after of  "The War of the Seven", Non-canon in Glies, or not active at all. I wouldn't know because I haven't checked in a very long while, but those are my gueses.

The LW however is scheduled to make a reappearance/play a roll in the second act of the story and onwards. I have forgotten the name of the campaign that the LW will be going under (however it's not really a campaign with how many LW players are probably going get in, is it?). The second  act starts around when the main two campaigns reach about episode 20 or so (if everything in all campaigns is going to plan)

The reason why I say costs is probably the new revised version of the LW will cost more than a sub to Arcadum. I would assume to help with how many of applicants they get and such per character wave, I'm guessing the cost of getting into the LW is much higher now, you probably have to pay a Patreon or something. That's what I heard was the most likely scenario before I left (and the most reasonable one too imo).

Ahhh, that makes sense now. I hadn't noticed the "Living World" part was literally audience participation. So far I was only aware that it was an MCU-type where all campaigns affected each other.

And that kinda sucks about the costs rising and the LW diminishing in effects, but also makes kind of sense, too.

8/13/2021 8:56 am  #30

Nah don't worry about it, I already sent in multiple posts to you.

It's important that it I call it "The War of the Seven" (Still putting it in quotations because I forgot the official name of it) because it puts immense emphasis on the deity, The Seven (even if they're not actual deities)

Yeah Lorn is cool.

Xetor was a pretty big player in the last arc, and the last cyclops, so people like him. Hopefully it was just some misinformation as he was pretty useful.

It also makes sense that you are giving info out still if I already knew. I was partially assuming you were doing that for if others were reading.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/13/2021 8:59 am  #31

Yeah It was pretty cool. Hopefully, the new version that'll be coming back gives a better experience and such.

However my info is all based on before I left, and that was probably a few months ago now, so maybe there's an entirely different plan for the LW now

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/13/2021 11:20 pm  #32

Ah, my first thought that "the Seven" was referring to heroes, but that makes more sense.

Well, if I hear anything about the LW, I'll relay it to you.

8/14/2021 4:50 pm  #33

Well, "the Seven" are in fact previous mortal heros/pcs that fought throughout the eras against the violet, so you are correct there. The heroes that were streamed could also be considered as Seven, If I remember my lore correctly (At least one is confirmed to be an actual Seven from past eras thru refracted souls).

However, the most powerful ones can really be considered gods among heroes. I mean like, it's been shown that they're able to deal with threats max leveled characters had trouble with pretty easily.

Oh, and since they are player characters, if their player can be there, they'll represent them! (Since it is technically a crossover)

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/14/2021 11:13 pm  #34

Time wrote:

Well, "the Seven" are in fact previous mortal heros/pcs that fought throughout the eras against the violet, so you are correct there. The heroes that were streamed could also be considered as Seven, If I remember my lore correctly (At least one is confirmed to be an actual Seven from past eras thru refracted souls).

However, the most powerful ones can really be considered gods among heroes. I mean like, it's been shown that they're able to deal with threats max leveled characters had trouble with pretty easily.

Oh, and since they are player characters, if their player can be there, they'll represent them! (Since it is technically a crossover)

Ah, I see!

So question...is Crowley part of that or something similar? He seems like a big deal among the other fans and when trying to do research on the wiki, it showed he had ascended to godhood during a campaign. But also he seems really evil (at least based on the Ink and Blood streams)?

8/18/2021 11:38 pm  #35

Not finished with the VOD for Ep 6, but so far there was some explanation of yokai due to a Kappa appearing and saying he was "basically a god". Also this clip:

https://clips.twitch.tv/UnsightlySucculentQueleaSoBayed-bkxBtdvvFLyjUkFP

They unironically hired a babysitter for Jerry. Yes, the Geckoi keeps following them to watch over Jerry. He's even got goggles.

-Prank

8/19/2021 12:37 pm  #36

Ghibli song was played! I can't remember from which movie, but an NPC played a Ghibli cover!

8/20/2021 8:18 am  #37

BrownWolf123 wrote:

Ah, I see!

So question...is Crowley part of that or something similar? He seems like a big deal among the other fans and when trying to do research on the wiki, it showed he had ascended to godhood during a campaign. But also he seems really evil (at least based on the Ink and Blood streams)?

No, the Seven are exclusively for players. Crowley is not a player. However it is true he is a pretty new God. A good amount of his origins were revealed in the last arc. Could you ever imagine that he was a scientist? He seems far too violent and into fighting for that.

However I believe that his good trait is that he values healing the wounded after battle (as he is also the God of the wounded). And will save fighters at the brink of death... if I remember correctly.

Oh btw, are you using the world anvil? That's also a pretty good source for info

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/20/2021 8:31 am  #38

BrownWolf123 wrote:

Not finished with the VOD for Ep 6, but so far there was some explanation of yokai due to a Kappa appearing and saying he was "basically a god". Also this clip:

They unironically hired a babysitter for Jerry. Yes, the Geckoi keeps following them to watch over Jerry. He's even got goggles.

-Prank

Well, I suppose the Kappa is correct. If I remember, the Yokai are apart of the Glien gods/pantheon. It's that there are wayyy more of them compared to the Kalkateshian and more traditional pantheons.

Oh that was nice. I probably would've gotten more of a laugh out of it if I watched the series and had more context... you're making me want to check some series out again... BUT I RESIST. Kinda reminds be of the fun rp things that happened in camp last stand and stuff.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/20/2021 8:34 am  #39

BrownWolf123 wrote:

Ghibli song was played! I can't remember from which movie, but an NPC played a Ghibli cover!

Oh yeah he has a lot of great songs to convey emotion. When I watched him I liked the songs he picked from Lost Odyssey. That was an epic sound track for epic (and sad) moments.

Oh also the custom music was pretty good. Whats the current main combat music, do you think you could link it to me?

Last edited by Time (8/20/2021 8:35 am)

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/20/2021 5:22 pm  #40

Oh shoot now other things are coming that makes me remember of the past arc and make me want to kinda watch the new stuff to see if I can catch any references... man I want to see those references to the Violet arc...

Since Crowley seems to be a bit involved in the story you are watching, has anything of a Brass Queen been mentioned? Or a Jack or King (not of brass)? Emphasis on the Brass Queen, though.

Last edited by Time (8/20/2021 5:23 pm)

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/20/2021 6:46 pm  #41

Time wrote:

BrownWolf123 wrote:

Ah, I see!

No, the Seven are exclusively for players. Crowley is not a player. However it is true he is a pretty new God. A good amount of his origins were revealed in the last arc. Could you ever imagine that he was a scientist? He seems far too violent and into fighting for that.

However I believe that his good trait is that he values healing the wounded after battle (as he is also the God of the wounded). And will save fighters at the brink of death... if I remember correctly.

Oh btw, are you using the world anvil? That's also a pretty good source for info

Ah, no, World Anvil slipped my mind. And yeah, some of that is surprising...

8/20/2021 6:49 pm  #42

Time wrote:

BrownWolf123 wrote:

-Prank

Well, I suppose the Kappa is correct. If I remember, the Yokai are apart of the Glien gods/pantheon. It's that there are wayyy more of them compared to the Kalkateshian and more traditional pantheons.

Oh that was nice. I probably would've gotten more of a laugh out of it if I watched the series and had more context... you're making me want to check some series out again... BUT I RESIST. Kinda reminds be of the fun rp things that happened in camp last stand and stuff.

Yeah, that's what got explained to the characters right after.

Yeah, probably. The rest of the episode was a treat. Scribbles-While-Squinting has become a fan favorite and the way the party dynamic has shifted slightly in response to last episode has just gotten better and more entertaining. Sucks that it's only gonna last a few more episodes.

8/20/2021 6:51 pm  #43

Time wrote:

BrownWolf123 wrote:

Oh yeah he has a lot of great songs to convey emotion. When I watched him I liked the songs he picked from Lost Odyssey. That was an epic sound track for epic (and sad) moments.

Oh also the custom music was pretty good. Whats the current main combat music, do you think you could link it to me?

Not entirely sure since I haven't been keeping track, but I found this playlist on YT after searching "arcadum glies battle music":

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7vABCrb0IZ7jcBoLXbxMomrgHgap8Wgx

8/20/2021 6:55 pm  #44

Time wrote:

Oh shoot now other things are coming that makes me remember of the past arc and make me want to kinda watch the new stuff to see if I can catch any references... man I want to see those references to the Violet arc...

Since Crowley seems to be a bit involved in the story you are watching, has anything of a Brass Queen been mentioned? Or a Jack or King (not of brass)? Emphasis on the Brass Queen, though.

I don't think so...? Crowley's main involvement is only 'cause Kouki is a reluctant follower of his.

And again, biased here, but even if none of the rest of Glies arc interests you, I still recommend Ink and Blood. Even though I've already spoiled some things, there's still tons I haven't mentioned, and probably other stuff I have that are just better understood outside of my explanations.

8/21/2021 10:48 am  #45

So has Scribbles shown up or been mentioned, then?

How about this question, does the same battle music get played in combat? When it's like normal combat and not a special encounter/boss fight?

Well, if a Brass Queen is mentioned, tell me pretty please?

Yeah, it's just that I'm not too interested in the main campaigns due to who's playing. Which sucks because they're supposed to be the main event. If I am to, I would have to stick to really short series that are, to be frank, not very important to the main plot. Sure, they might be doing a little something, but they're not going to be fighting big bads. Or won't be lvl 15 by the end of the story.

Unless... if something happens and some other campaigns have to take over or act as reinforcements, or the campaigns come to group together for a certain event or something. But still, they'll not be as important in that scenario either.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/21/2021 3:34 pm  #46

Time wrote:

So has Scribbles shown up or been mentioned, then?

How about this question, does the same battle music get played in combat? When it's like normal combat and not a special encounter/boss fight?

Well, if a Brass Queen is mentioned, tell me pretty please?

Yeah, it's just that I'm not too interested in the main campaigns due to who's playing. Which sucks because they're supposed to be the main event. If I am to, I would have to stick to really short series that are, to be frank, not very important to the main plot. Sure, they might be doing a little something, but they're not going to be fighting big bads. Or won't be lvl 15 by the end of the story.

Unless... if something happens and some other campaigns have to take over or act as reinforcements, or the campaigns come to group together for a certain event or something. But still, they'll not be as important in that scenario either.

Scribbles-While-Squinting? He so far only appeared in Episodes 1 and 6. PC Scribbles? Not in this campaign. Yeah there's apparently two of them with the name "Scribbles" so it's confusing.

It's been a few episodes since combat, so I don't fully remember...I think maybe there was different music for the boss fight.

Okie!

Well luckily Ink and Blood is one of those campaigns...wait...not lucky for me, I'm gonna miss this party when it's done! Although it does intrigue me that apparently there's at least one whole party of Vtubers.

And yeah, so far the only possible crossover event I know of is Jerry showing up in Divine Wind.

8/21/2021 3:35 pm  #47

https://uquiz.com/i2crqu

Also not related to D&D at all: I made a uquiz for funsies. It's "Which Halo Sangheili Are You?" and warning for some language.

-Prank

8/21/2021 3:43 pm  #48

BrownWolf123 wrote:

https://uquiz.com/i2crqu

Also not related to D&D at all: I made a uquiz for funsies. It's "Which Halo Sangheili Are You?" and warning for some language.

-Prank

This is the Share Image I photoshopped for it btw.

8/21/2021 4:40 pm  #49

Oh wait idk that Scribbles-While-Squinting was a geckoi my bad

For me, I became pretty disinterested in the vtuber group due to the previous one in the Violet arc. The previous one could barely even remember the plot (only one actually could remember and had to keep the group on track). And honestly, they kinda annoyed me, a viewer that was there for the plot and the world and stuff.

And while I know to not place all characters of a group in one stereotype and such, the session 0 for the second vtuber group turned me away, as they couldn't stay in track with making characters, and just were thirsting over the races for what seemed like the entire session. Much like the last group. I don't think we could have even gone 5 minutes without someone screaming, much like the last group.

Plus how they were given the main campaign was completely uncalled for and honestly not fair.

If I ever check back in, I MIGHT check the vtuber group to see if they're different. Sure I like the enthusiasm that they gave off in session zero and in clips Ive seen afterwards that session 0, but truthfully I can barely take the tone that they gave off.

Sorry for that splurge. Essentially I don't think the vtuber group is for a guy like me, who is there for the plot more than  funny ha has (although I do not despise jokes). But mayybbeee  I'll see into it more if I ever check in.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/21/2021 4:40 pm  #50

Anyways I don't know too much about halo but I'll still take the test when I can!

Last edited by Time (8/21/2021 4:41 pm)

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

Board footera