The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/04/2021 11:38 pm  #51

Re: (Another Private RP @GalaxE) I'm literally shaking, I'm nervous

"Sorry..."

"I mean, that's... why I asked the question... sorry..."

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

6/04/2021 11:46 pm  #52

"Yes, but a question asked does not equal an obligation to answer--and if an answer does result, it does not need to be concise, truthful, or answer the question at all."

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
Birds aren't real.

6/05/2021 1:23 am  #53

"I'm sorry, that was rude of me..."

Echo was pretty sure she offended whoever she was talking to. She picked up some more rocks from the ground and then leaned against a tree, studying the rocks to the best of her ability without squinting through the dark.

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

6/05/2021 1:46 am  #54

"It wasn't. Don't worry." Not that that's reassuring, from what he just said, but he does mean it.
By the way, yes, she's actually wrong.

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
Birds aren't real.

6/05/2021 1:50 am  #55

"Uhm... Okay..."

Echo rummaged through her bag and pulled out a small flashlight. She clicked it one and looked at the rocks in her hand.

"Oh! I can see now. Well, better, anyway. These rocks are nice."

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

6/05/2021 3:07 am  #56

The affirmation he gives to her opinion is silent. Very classic. Very helpful.

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/06/2021 12:39 am  #57

Echo shined the flashlight around, now looking again for whoever is talking to her. She's curious, isn't she?

Echo hummed a bit before asking, "Uhm... what brings you out here? I heard there was going to be a meteor shower... but I probably missed it by now."

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

6/07/2021 11:10 pm  #58

"This is my home. The meteor shower was postponed to a later date," he adds, like he just read the news about it or something.
Still nothing. He's really fast.

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/08/2021 8:09 am  #59

"Huh? They can postpone meter showers?" Echo qeked before realizing.

"Oh my gods! I'm sorry! I'm intruding your home!" Echo sort of backed up a bit, not really sure what to do now. Should she leave this area? Or would that be rude also?

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

6/08/2021 10:49 pm  #60

"Yeah, the gods can do anything. Except--" he laughs, though the actual humor in the laughter is a lil lacking. "Ah, wait. The gods don't exist here, in our home! How convenient."
Wow, someone totally isn't salty towards the gods.
Well, at least he's good at connecting his sentences, kinda.

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/08/2021 11:03 pm  #61

"Ah, uhm," Echo still wasn't sure what to do with herself. She shifted weight on her feet and looked around a bit. Really, she didn't care much about gods anymore, or even if they existed or not. She was more worried about if she was being rude, which she voiced aloud hesitantly.

"Uhm... Is it... bad if I'm here? Like, am I being rude? Oh, would that also mean the stuff I picked up is your property? Do you want your rocks and sticks back? I'm sorry..."

She was a bit panicked as she continued looking around, fiddling with her fingers.

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

6/08/2021 11:04 pm  #62

(Galaxian: *insert nihilism and bitterness*
Echo: Okay, but am I being Rude?)

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

6/09/2021 4:24 am  #63

To be honest, her not laughing at his......joke......is much more rude.
He doesn't talk, expecting her to catch on to what he said, specifically the "our home" part, which means that he's not talking about the forest, and thus she can do whatever she wants and no one gives a heck. At least, he doesn't. ...Which probably isn't helpful at all, but that's how he is.
Also kinda rude. But again, that's how he does things.
In addition, he's been expecting her to recognize his voice. So far, so...not good.

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/09/2021 1:40 pm  #64

Echo, although very loving of and loyal to her friends, can't remember crap to save her life. She's depressed and depression screws up your memory a lot more than one would think.

Although, she would admit that the voice she's been talking to seemed familiar. Thing is that she's... Extremely bad at connecting dots together. I'm fact, this is pretty obvious. She's a little bit oblivious, has been and probably always will be. But she isn't completely unobservant. Echo did in fact notice "our home", but she really couldn't figure out what the voice meant by that.

Our home... Our home... What could that mean? Echo thought about this.

Echo suddenly snapped her head up, realization finally kicking in after a very dragged out and anxious moment. She suddenly switched from nervous to excited. Hopeful, actually.

"You're a Forumer! You're a Forumer, right?!" Echo said and then asked. Her face lit up, a small smile on her face. She's a lot prettier and peaceful-looking when she smiles, a lot more... welcoming, too. She looked around frantically, in a humourous way, bouncing on her feet a bit. Echo's voice isn't exactly the loudest, but it raised significantly enough that her excitement was very obvious, if not already apparent from her actions and face.

"Are you a Forumer?!"

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

6/10/2021 11:48 pm  #65

He waits patiently during the time it takes for her to voice the same inquiry three different ways before he goes, "Mhm."

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/11/2021 7:23 am  #66

Echo isn't sure if that's a confirmation, so she tilted her head.

"Is that a yes?"

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

6/11/2021 7:30 pm  #67

"Mhm."

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/11/2021 8:52 pm  #68

Echo started to ramble.

"So it is a yes!" Echo said happily. "I don't talk to other Forumers, really, so I dunno why I'm excited. I guess it's kinda exciting, though! Although I don't really know who you are. You probably don't know me... Uh, did I ever introduce myself? Gods, how rude of me, sorry... Uhm, I'm Echo. Yea, I dunno what else to add to that... sorry..."

She held out her hand as if for a handshake, although she doesn't really expect for the Voice to shake her hand. She doesn't expect the Voice to introduce himself either, so Echo continued on rambling with her hand out awkwardly.

"I wonder if I'm recognizable? I got a haircut and everything and stuff, so probably not. Like I said, I don't really talk to other Forumers, or other people, really. I dunno why I'm saying this. I guess I'm nervous? I dunno why I'm nervous, though. But, uh, yea. Did we know each other before? You sound familiar, but maybe not. I dunno. Uhm... Man, names and voices are so hard to match together..."

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

6/11/2021 9:53 pm  #69

There's a little bit of pause from him, which is probably why she's allowed to ramble on. A hand does take hers, though. It's smaller than hers, and a very cold hand. It's like it lacks any sense of human touch. The angle is a bit awkward. He gives her hand a slight, tentative shake. And then the hand is retracted.
"Echo Angeliki Archer, who did not get plastic surgery and is thus still recognizable, and who is very familiar to me, yes," he goes with zero added enthusiasm added to his voice. That's kinda the way he's supposed to talk normally, though. "I cannot say the same for you. Though, as I recall, you have some recognition issues, so that in itself is not an issue."
Yeah, let's just allude to the fact she has some issues during a supposed introduction, I guess.
"I also have to inquire something regarding your action just now," he states. "I thought you were not particularly fond of physical contact, so regarding the handshake...?" He just leaves the question to phrase itself.

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/11/2021 10:48 pm  #70

Echo was a bit taken aback that the Voice knew her full name. She blinked a few times before answering.

"Well... to be honest, uhm, I dunno. Like, I'm trying to be, uhm... what's the word... 'social'? My twin and my older brother both introduce themselves by handshaking, so I guess I thought that's how people... socialize? And, uh, I'm trying to get... 'better' at... stuff like being touched. I'm still not good at it, it's kinda weird. But, like, I'm comfortable with handshaking and high-fives! So! It's... getting better... yea..."

"I'm sorry I can't... 'reconize' your voice. I'm trying really hard! My brain's all foggy... It's in the file of my mind, though!"

What a weird way too express "It's on the tip of my tongue".

"The fact that I'm familiar to you makes this even worse... I'm sorry..."

She seems a bit disappointed in herself. Although there isn't really anything to look at, she looks away off to the side.

"And you know my full name... That's... Also not good..."

She's starting to get upset at herself for not being able to connect dots together. But as the Voice pointed out, Echo does in fact have recognition issues.

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

6/12/2021 12:37 am  #71

"Ah, so that's how it is," he says plainly. There's no hint of disappointment or any other such feeling in his words. "If it helps, you also know my full name. Both parts of my pseudonym, I suppose, not my name." That's a hint in itself. He's hinted that there are two parts to his nickname, unlike other forumers, who commonly have three parts to their "names", or more, either because of their original "middle names" or forum families.
Okay, but why does he have to make this so hard and into a guessing game? Who hecking knows, to be honest.

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/12/2021 1:52 am  #72

"Ah, uhm..." Echo's not good at matching names together. She's obviously struggling.

"So two parts?"

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

6/12/2021 2:09 am  #73

"Yes." Well, he's patient and doesn't need to sleep, soo...

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/12/2021 3:35 am  #74

"Are they, like, connected by a hyphen or separated by a space?"

Honesty, Echo can't think of any names with a hyphen, but it never hurts to ask. Or does it? Echo doesn't know. There's a name that Echo can't quite reach, and she knows she knows it, so it's a bit frustrating that it's just not connecting.

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

6/12/2021 3:42 am  #75

"A space."

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

Board footera