The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/20/2020 11:23 pm  #26

Re: Memoria Tenere- A FWRP

I'm unfamiliar with Avatar, so I'm not sure how much opinion I can offer.
I do want to apologize, though. It appears this week I won't be able to get my form done, or if I do, it'll be during the weekend and based almost majorly off of GGaD!Galaxian. 
He does have some nifty parts to his design I'd like to keep, but if there's a part I have trouble tuning down, I'll let you know.

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
Birds aren't real.

10/20/2020 11:32 pm  #27

@Axel, it looks pretty fine to me, tho however I am not aware too much of the power range as Req, I kinda need to base it off more of what Req is saying, but I'm assuming that yeah, it needs to be specified on what type of fire manipulation is it. Whether it be like, a fire-bender situation (being powered by the sun or their own body heat) or controlling existing fire.

@Requiem/Legacy So it's void manipulation (which texture would kinda be a weird watery thing?) in the form of tentacles?

I'm kinda thinking a lot about my character's power as well

Last edited by Time (10/20/2020 11:33 pm)

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

10/20/2020 11:43 pm  #28

@Time 

The main rule of thumb is that it has to obey the Law of Conservation of Matter. Matter cannot be created or destroyed, only change forms. I didn't exactly know how the fire was being created, hence why I asked. Powers also start out as weaker and gain strength the more you RP/collect memories.

Yes. It's void and ichor/blood(?) manipulation. So buddy horror + jazz.

Have fun!

Requiem/Legacy

Ace/Genderqueer: They/Xe

It's Always Spooky Season Time.

Just an eldritch dragon disguised as dice.

"Dude! Let me in! I'm a fairy!"
"DON'T YOU BELIEVE IN F A R I E S ?"

10/20/2020 11:44 pm  #29

@Galaxian

Don't worry! It's completely fine! We'll be here when you're ready!

Requiem/Legacy

10/20/2020 11:57 pm  #30

Ah, I see, however, how do we apply this though to say... telepathy?

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

10/21/2020 1:04 am  #31

Time wrote:

Ah, I see, however, how do we apply this though to say... telepathy?

Magic exists, but is pretty "radioactive". The Forumers, being gods, didn't have to worry about that (and all Fallen/Forgotten are more resistant to magic's effects), so I say limited ~~Mind Magic~~ that causes objects to gain heat (perhaps making molecules move faster), but it'd be limited by a necessity for a fuel, and oxygen. Could the crystals act as fuel? Or objects that already exist (like wood)

Or Firebender approach and the "bending" of the sun's heat and Axel's own body heat.

Requiem/Legacy

10/21/2020 7:37 am  #32

Time wrote:

@Axel, it looks pretty fine to me, tho however I am not aware too much of the power range as Req, I kinda need to base it off more of what Req is saying, but I'm assuming that yeah, it needs to be specified on what type of fire manipulation is it. Whether it be like, a fire-bender situation (being powered by the sun or their own body heat) or controlling existing fire.

@Requiem/Legacy So it's void manipulation (which texture would kinda be a weird watery thing?) in the form of tentacles?

I'm kinda thinking a lot about my character's power as well

ok, i quoted time because reasons
Yes, the crystals are fuel. They are indeed combustible. 

A-x-e-l, got it memorized?
   ----------------------------------
   Bow Before Ark Angel

eye see you
      Constantly Tired
     WE FOUND THE CHEESE

10/21/2020 11:00 am  #33

remember that Shard can't create crystals from anywhere

Maybe I'll ask the magic questions later after axel gets accepted

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

10/21/2020 11:40 am  #34

and yes, shard can only create crystals on his body. he can't turn other things into crystals, or manipulate pre-existing crystals.

Bow Before Ark Angel

eye see you
      Constantly Tired
     WE FOUND THE CHEESE

10/21/2020 11:20 pm  #35

@Axel

Okay, with that knowledge that there's no matter created. The only limitation I can think is that it won't be useful in environments with little/without oxygen....

ACCEPTED!

Requiem/Legacy

10/21/2020 11:44 pm  #36

ah yes remember all, conservation of matter breaking!!

But again on with my question... what about mind related powers? I'm guessing this is also as long as it doesn't break the law of conservation of matter? And not too op?

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

10/22/2020 7:43 am  #37

@Req

thank ver much

Last edited by TwoPunchAxel (10/22/2020 7:44 am)

Bow Before Ark Angel

eye see you
      Constantly Tired
     WE FOUND THE CHEESE

10/22/2020 7:47 am  #38

also, i'm gonna go and say that i don't think that there should be any full memory fallen right out of the gate.

it would kinda be unfair if we just have one person with fully regained memories manipulating reality

Bow Before Ark Angel

eye see you
      Constantly Tired
     WE FOUND THE CHEESE

10/22/2020 11:36 am  #39

Duhhhhh

Maybe we should open up a question thread? So we don't fill this place up?

Last edited by Time (10/22/2020 10:02 pm)

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

10/22/2020 11:38 am  #40

*snaps fingers and fingerguns*

yes

Bow Before Ark Angel

eye see you
      Constantly Tired
     WE FOUND THE CHEESE

10/22/2020 4:57 pm  #41

Time wrote:

Duhhh

Maybe we should open up a question thread? So we don't fill this place up?

On it

(Also going to be busy today so I might not answer questions)

Requiem/Legacy

10/27/2020 4:33 pm  #42

Requiem/Legacy

10/27/2020 10:53 pm  #43

Bruh Ohhh NoOoo the people be already making intro threadsss

Luckily I have my first character ready!

Nickname(s): Time
Pronouns: He, Him
Appearance: Time stands at the height of 5'10", and has the appearance of a human on the thinner side, seemingly around the age of late teens to early twenties. He has light-toned skin, warm golden eyes, and straight black (though it has a slight tinge of curve to it) hair. Usually, his bangs are worn to the right side.
He normally wears simple, dark-colored shirts and pants that are fairly thick, and would be probably more suited for the cold (or the void/Terminus). He also has fairly sturdy black boots as well. Over that, he wears a long dark blue coat, it seems like there is plenty of worn and torn with it. Under his coat, I would think he wears some body protection, not like, armor, but probably a vest or something. He also wears dark blue gloves, darker than his coat.
Personality: Time is someone that’s serious, and he doesn’t really actually go out of his way to speak to others. He likes to keep to himself. He enjoys nice, quiet spots to spend his time around, mostly alone. But this seemingly quiet type of personality actually doesn’t make him a guy that seems awkward when interacting with him, well, most of the time.
Time also has a pretty good head on his shoulders, I must say. He’s fairly aware of his surroundings. He also (most of the t) keeps his head level, calm, and clear during stressful situations and tries to make the best decisions possible, doing his best to not have these decisions be affected by emotions and such. Kinda not focusing on his intelligence bc intelligence never works in RP. However, he is very interested in gaining more and more knowledge. I would say his primary reason is to know more about the world, which can possibly lead to him, but I haven’t really thought about it oof.
Back to with Time's normal demeanor, I would say he doesn't like to open up to others. As in he doesn't really like to open up about more deeper emotions within himself. To be honest, it's probably because he's a guy that doesn't trust people with showing that level of vulnerability and trust in another person. But hey that's where one character development can happen
Memories: Time remembers his nickname. He also remembers the sword on his back.
Main Power: Precognition, however, to make it way less op, he can only see like, 2 seconds into the future, and rather it being the correct solution every time, it’s actually just the most likely one, and since this is just him starting, it’s probably not the most accurate prediction either. (I’ll just control this, whether it is predicted right or not) For starting numbers… I would say his current correct percentage is 60-80%
Side Powers: Heightened senses and body (stamina, agility)
*Weapons: He probably has an assortment of weapons for a multitude of situations, but it most likely he'll at least have a concealable double-edged knife and a revolver in his coat
He also has a two-handed (but not exactly large), one edged sword over his back, sheathed. It’s pretty plain, but it’s actually pretty sturdy. This is the same sword Time woke up with, so it’s fairly worn and torn (however he normally keeps it in pristine condition). It has a black sheath and a black hilt. Its blade is just a normal silver sheen.
However, he doesn't really like using his weapons that often, especially against others, so that is why he is just as skilled, maybe even more so, in his fists.
*Trivia: Time doesn’t use his sword often (for offense) because he doesn’t want to be as lethal. Same with his other weapons. He's also a frequent void diver, with his own ship and everything.
Other: Memento Mori

Last edited by Time (10/28/2020 12:38 pm)

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

10/28/2020 2:22 am  #44

@Time

Accepted!

Requiem/Legacy

10/28/2020 11:26 am  #45

Nicknames: Specter, Spec, Speck
Pronouns: They/them
Appearance: Specter is a very human{oid}-looking being. Their current appearance is also rather frail. See, they have a wonderful height of around 5’ when standing fully straight, and their body build is quite slim. It doesn’t get to skinny or unhealthy levels though. Specter looks like a person in their late teenage years or perhaps very early twenties, though their body doesn’t show any kinds of gender-defining parts. Continuing with the description, their tanned skin is natural, a color which won’t burn in the sun, yet still not too dark a hue. Spec’s large eyes—or rather, eye—are dulled and have a very dark gray iris. Well… that they have two eyes is an assumption, since the right side of Specter’s face is completely obscured by their hair. Their short hair is a smoky dark brown color, styled in a way that the lower tips curl outward from the base of their neck. The bangs are long and fixed to the side so they’ll stiffly fall over the right side of this Fallen’s face. An interesting thing here is that these bangs don’t look as if they’re affected by gravity, water, or any kind of regular physics. There are two thinner strands which curl inward at the tips left hanging in front of their ears.
Their clothing style is not really worthy of major mention, being rather casual. However, they don’t appear to have a big need to change clothes. Specter wears a mint t-shirt with a pacman-style white ghost in its center, black leggings, and red sneakers. It would not be strange for them to trip over their shoelaces when they forget to tie them up, but at least they’re not that clumsy. Then, they wear two “accessories”. These would be a thin black choker around their neck and a pair of thick silver bracelets, one on each wrist. The bracelets have something strange about them, and it’s not the almost-imperceptible way they’re decorated with engravings, but maybe the fact that they sort of look like old-timey shackles.
Personality: Cheerful, friendly, open—this is what Specter seems to act like most of the time. Unfortunately, even though these traits were part of their true personality very long ago, they’re more of a façade at the moment. Specter hides their insecurities about their existence and desire to regain memories under an apparently carefree attitude. Now, this doesn’t mean that Specter isn’t a cheerful and friendly and open person. The traits just aren’t what comprise their being fully at the moment. Most of their attitude is actually focused on the aspect of regaining memories, being a little obsessed and selfish with it. Sadly for them, they have kind of a bad memory and trouble remembering important stuff, even if certain facts (like names and locations) stick in their mind. They probably need to train their memory more.
Their way of thinking seems to be rather shallow, and while Specter isn’t an outright dumb person, they’re quite gullible in certain aspects and quite trusting. Yet, despite their status as not the brightest person, a bit of charm comes with their simple mentality. There’s something more or less endearing about their energetic and excitable approach to things as well. Of course, it’s not as if they’re liked by everyone or anything like that. But in a way it’s rather hard to hate Specter. They themselves find it hard to get angry at things or hold grudges; however, when this does happen, it’s a persistent feeling. They also don’t have much of a temper. Even if they were to get angry at something, the anger would flare up intensely for a bit and then die down just as quickly.
Memories: Their name, obviously. Then the only other thing they know is that there is a certain article of clothing they’re missing: a special maroon coat given to them by someone Specter no longer remembers.
Main Power: Specter’s main power, ghostliness, seems pretty useless when compared to that of other Fallen. Spec is able to assume ghost aspects. As in, they can become invisible and/or intangible at will. The invisibility is more like “translucent-ness” by default but Specter can disappear fully if they want. Intangibility grants them the ability to phase through things and become undetectable. It is possible for them to become intangible without going invisible, and viceversa.
Side Powers: These side powers increase the ghost aesthetic Specter has. First, there’s short-range teleportation with the limits of field of vision and knowledge of destination. Then there’s a sort of telekinesis for small-to-medium-sized objects, probably to aid Specter in interacting with things while they’re intangible, as it doesn’t work when they’re in a solid physical form. Last but not least, they can sense, see, and interact with ghostly presences near them. I don’t think these need much explanation hehe. Dunno if this would count as a power, but, to beings who can sense life forces, Specter has absolutely none.
Weapons: Chain whips! If you didn’t guess it before, the base form of this weapon is those bracelets on Specter’s wrists. These bracelets have one or two chain links hanging from the edge, like broken handcuffs—this is where the chain itself can extend from. The whips might be enchanted or magical or something, who knows. The thing is that the chain links multiply until they reach the desired length and they can curve around in the air as if with telekinesis by Specter’s will. It’s a good thing that Specter’s chain whips have the ability to exert strength by themselves, as this Fallen has absolutely zero muscle. Long ago, these chains were designed to perfectly complement and increase Specter’s abilities. This is not possible anymore. At least not with their current ability set. Specter also doesn’t have memories of learning to use their weapon, but their instinct with it has remained. They can’t take off the bracelets.
Trivia: They constantly wonder if they’re dead or alive. Specter isn’t too keen on void diving, but they do like to travel and will try to use others’ ships (with the owner’s permission most of the time, of course). Aside from this, they’re really bothered by the fact that their only memory (other than their name) is of an object which isn’t in their possession. Maybe, if they could only find it, Specter would remember so much more…
Other: Memento Mori~!

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

10/28/2020 11:30 am  #46

@Specter

Accepted!

Requiem/Legacy

11/24/2020 2:07 pm  #47

bruh

Name: The Ticking Spell
*Age: Unknown, though it's expected to be older for ships
*Primary function (Ex. Travel, Void diving, Trade): Travel in deep void and void diving
Appearance: The Ticking Spell is a dark brown, sturdy ship. It’s shape is a bit rounded/larger on the middle and front areas of the ship. It’s sails are all triangular, with large spines throughout the sail to keep it’s shape, kinda like a Junk’s, but more triangular. These sails are a deep blue in color. There are mast nets stretching from the back and middle sails/masts. The front does not have them because they’re a bit short :/. There are 3 cannons on either side of the ship, one on the front, and one on the back.
Length: Uhh lets say around 150 feet
Sail/mast number: 4 sails, 4 masts 1 on the center, 2 on the front (one left and one right), and one on the back. The middle sail is the largest while the front 2 are the smallest, same with the masts, the masts on the front are the shortest.
*Special equipment (Void diving gear, cannons): Void diving gear, 8 cannons (not much), Able to have enchanted crew/ship can man most of itself.
*Required amount of crew members: Not many I will say. Actually a lot of stuff is magical on this ship.
Other: Mori memento

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

11/26/2020 3:12 am  #48

@Time

Accepted!

Requiem/Legacy

11/26/2020 1:16 pm  #49

thank ye!

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

11/28/2020 1:39 am  #50

Ye welcome!

Requiem/Legacy

Board footera