The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/18/2020 3:18 pm  #1

Memoria Tenere- A FWRP

Memoria Tenere- A FWRP by Requiem/Legacy. 

Lore: 

Once, long ago, on a continent surrounded by void, there were gods. They were creators and destroyers, making and unmaking worlds and creatures as they saw fit. Reality bent to their dreams and time was a mere construct. While occasionally they feuded and quarreled, the gods were united for the most part. Nothing could stop them. They seemed to be eternal… 

Until one day, something happened. The great world was split apart, and the creators and destroyers of the world disappeared, Forgotten. The universe churned on, with fragmented islands serving as the birthplaces of empires. Mortals passed their day-to-day lives, working jobs and avoiding chilling Forgotten monsters, with no past or reason to restrain them.  

Yet it’s said that somewhere, somehow, the gods remain, trying to regain their lost Memories. With nothing but their names and fragments, the creators and destroyers struggle to reassemble their lost power. Failure means a fate worse than death, and success means a return to godhood. But even so, is it worth it To Remember? 

Overview/Gameplay: 

Memoria Tenere is a FWRP based off memories and apocalypses. After an apocalypse, godlike creators and destroyers  (dubbed by archaeologists “Forumers”) lost all their memories and powers, except their nicknames. These amnesiacs are called the Fallen. If they regain all their memories, they return to their full power. If they forget everything, including their names, they become the Forgotten, with all their power but monstrous, unfeeling, and unreasoning.
After the shattering of the main continental island during the Shattering, there are five main islands, and many smaller ones. With the exception of Terminus, empires are building to take the place of the Forumers. Many smaller islands make up “home bases” for the Fallen, and the lairs of a few Forgotten. While the main five islands have a general theme, smaller islands can be anything in-between and more. 

Around and below the islands is the void, a strange mix of sea, sky, and space. Many creatures (and Forgotten) have adapted to live in the void, while those who are not adapted need void-gear (think astronaut/SCUBA gear) to survive longer than an hour. Over-exposure to the void leads to Void Sickness, a disease with symptoms similar to hypothermia, radiation sickness, and the decompression sickness. The most obvious sign, though, is pitch ultra-black splotches that absorb nearly all light (with a liquid, slippery texture). Severe exposure without treatment leads to body horror, permanent effects, and death.  
(Those who explore the void are called Void Divers or Void Sailors. Also void-boats exist.)

Anyway, here are the main five islands.

-Industria: The technological world. With the magic of the island being heavily chaotic and almost radioactive, the civilizations of Industria have depended on technology to keep themselves alive. Steampunk to futuristic to industrial civilizations try to constantly innovate, all the while avoiding the powerful techno-magical monstrosities that evolved on the island. Some empires have begun to make alliances with the empires Fabula. In some civilizations, non-human(oids) are seen as great creators, while in others, they are little more than materials. Technological, steampunk, and radioactive-desert biome. 
-Fabula: The mythological world. A heavy amount of magic permeates the island. Apart from magical tech, Fabula's civilizations appear to be in the Middle Ages, with multiple feudalism-based societies. Gryphons, mermaids, and more populate the wilderness. Some of the empires of Fabula seek to trade with Industria, hoping to break the Medieval stasis. Non-human(oid) rights depend on the area, with some revered in one area, and hated and hunted in another. Woodland, mountain, and steppe biome.
-Superbia: The urban world. Superbia distrusts major forms of magic and technology. Heavily populated by humans and humanoids, there is a major distrust about magical or technological creatures. Recently, some activists have prodded the leaders of Superbia to embrace magic and technology, rather than fear it. Mostly urban and suburban biome, with some remains of grassland remaining. 
-Anima: The prehistoric world. Flora and fauna, extinct or rare on the other islands, thrives on Anima. Little to no civilization exists on this island. Sapient life does exist, just not in a traditional nature (non-human). In the center of the island, there is a ruins of a creator/destroyer's guild, a haven for any scavengers or professors. Rainforest, swamp, and tropical ocean biome. 
-Terminus: The shattered and lowest island. This broken world marks the barrier between void, island, and world. It is crawling with Forgotten, and only the toughest and most cunning can make a living on Terminus. Antarctic biome. If you’ve read all of this, write “Memento” in other.  

The Shattering/Falling (the name of the apocalypse) happened approxiately ten millenia ago, with modern civilizations beginning to form five millenia ago. Not all Fallen (sometimes called Shattered by academics) immedaitely became active after the Shattering, with some being dormat up until a couple years or decades ago. The Fallen are biologically immortal, in that they do not age, but are vulnerable to other causes of death. Fallen can appear as old as they want.

There is little knowledge known about Pre-Shattering society. Apart from the Ruins and some knowledge, most of the culture and discoveries of the "Forum" have been lost to time. While academics are rediscovering some of this lost knowledge, few answers are obtained, only more questions. Most archaeologists and paleontologists believe that Fallen are merely rumors or urban legend. Obviously, we know that's not the case.

As for the Forgotten and the possibility of them becoming Fallen again, Fallen to Forgotten transformation, and Fallen appearance after memory recollection...

"Possibly. If they can regain, at he very least, what their nickname was, they can gradually revert back into a Fallen. However, their minds are kinda in this bestial loop so just yelling their nickname won't ever them back. The Fallen to Forgotten transformation is gradual, physically and mentally. At first it's forgetting your name for a moment, then more and more util you forget everything, and you can only recall something is wrong but you can't tell what. Also your appearance slowly becomes more nstable, like reality (including you) is fragmenting by your existence. The tell-tale sign of a Forgotten is empty eye sockets leaking (blood, lava, void, whatever). Even if the Fallen didn't have eye sockets, hollows will appear when they become Forgotten. ALSO! Forgotten are blind and "see" different, but I forgot to write that down but will update it later. Yes, their appearance slowly starts metamorphosing to their original, Forumer look. So more powerful-looking? Idk. "

Rules:

-No OP characters, no perfect characters, no power-playing or min-modding, the usual. Full-Powered Forumers and Forgotten can be semi-OP, but at the current movement they aren’t playable.
 -There is currently no limit on characters, but one HAS to be the Fallen version of your Forumsona. For example, my Fallen would be Requiem/Legacy. 
-Me and the mods will review your characters to make sure they aren’t OP/perfect, and can also give advice if wanted.
-A Fallen will have one main power that is a partial remnant of their original power, and some minor “fragments” of other powers to compliment it. Because the Fallen do not have access to all of their powers, it must obey the Law of Conservation of Matter (mass and gravity are more negligible). For example, a main power could be summoning an object from across an area, as long as it already exists. A side power could be a limited “sonar” to locate the item in question.
-I haven’t entirely fleshed out when to let your Fallen acquire new memories, but I suggest after a COMPLETED RP arc. Just give me or any mods a summon and we’ll help you determine if your Fallen is ready to acquire a new memory. However, if you DO gain a new memory, you can upgrade your main power, side power, or acquire a new side power. 
-Non-Fallen, while they aren’t full-on reality warpers like Forumers, have no weaknesses from amnesia and already have all of their powers. They also don’t have the risk of turning into Forgotten.
-Forgotten are EXTREMELY hard to kill or capture, even in a group. Be prepared when you want to bring one into an RP.
-Non-anthropomorphic/inhuman Fallen and non-Fallen are allowed!-If you’ve read all of this, write “Mori” in other.
-Ask me if you have any questions about gameplay, worldbuilding, or more!
-Have fun! 

Character Sheets: 

*=optional 

Fallen

Nickname(s):
Appearance:
Personality:
Memories:
Main Power:
Side Powers:
*Weapons:
*Trivia:
Other: 

Non-Fallen ref sheet 

Name(s):
*Nickname(s):
Species:
Appearance:
Personality:
Abilities:
*Weapons:
*Pets:
*Trivia:
Other:  

Ship Sheet (Made by Time)

Name:
*Primary function (Ex. Combat, Void diving, Trade):
Appearance:
Length:
Sail/mast number:
*Special equipment (Void diving gear, cannons):
*Required amount of crew members:
Other:

Example character 

Nickname(s): Requiem, Legacy, Legy, the Void Reaper
Pronouns: They/Xe

Appearance: Requiem/Legacy, perhaps once a Forumer of Lovecraftian proportions. They are unusually tall (285 centimes, but typically slouching), with a long saurian tail and ten clawed limbs, six of them being torn, ruined wings. They have two long pairs of limbs, both having cartilage semi-wings. They can walk either on all tens for quicker, more dexterous movement, or balance with their long tail to walk on their hind limbs, to manipulate objects with their forelimbs and wings. Their head is a finned skull that is a mix of an eel/snake, an insect, a therapod, and a bird in appearance. They have axolotl-like gills that can help them to breathe water or survive in the void, but are prone to dehydration. They have multiple eye-sockets, with cyan-teal glowing dots for eyes. They can speak without opening their jaws, but it is treated as sound rather than telepathy, and it can be silenced or unheard. Occasionally they also drip blue-black ichor. (Tl:dr is a tall xenomorph-like thing mixing the traits of birds, reptiles, fish, and insects that occasionally drips goo)
Personality: Despite their threatening appearance, Requiem/Legacy is a shy, albeit capricious creature. Most of their nervousness has disappeared with their amnesia, leaving a more bold and reckless personality. However, they can quickly switch into a more hesitant, nervous behavior. When they aren’t faced with Feudalism-based warriors, they are friendly, especially to nonhumans. They’re very curious and run on a “For Science” mantra. They’re very intrigued by the morbid and like to study the entities of the void. It should not be believed they are harmless, though, as they have a quick temper that can show how dangerous they are when enraged.
Memories: Nickname was Requiem/Legacy/Legy, a deep love of inhuman things (especially dragons), a hatred of Feudalism-based warriors.
Main Power: Void Tendrils. Summons seven long black tendrils akin to octopus arms. The tendrils are made from Req/Leg's ichor and/or void goop. They lack suckers and must wrap around an object to grip it. The tips are sharp and scythe-like, and can be used as weapons.
Side Powers: Ability to survive prolonged exposure to void, increased agility, better eyesight at night/dark areas.
*Weapons: Requiem/Legacy once had a sythe fashioned like their tentacles, alongside some throwing knives, but those are long gone.
​*Pets: They'll practically befriend anything, but their current companion is a Spectral Void Boa, a type of semi-corporeal void snake.  
*Trivia: Because their names, they currently believe they were some sort of reaper or pathologist when they had all their memories. Probably not correct, but it’s a start. Wings are currently too damaged to be of use, but can fold to make them look cloak. Pretty much a gooey glass cannon in terms of fighting, less defense but more speed. They are also a vegetarian.
Other: You shall not get the codewords this way, ahahaha! 

Mods (If you don't want your nickname to appear, just summon me)
 -Requiem/Legacy
-Specter
-Time
-Galaxian

Last edited by EldritchAbyssDragon (11/02/2020 2:27 pm)

Requiem/Legacy

Ace/Genderqueer: They/Xe

It's Always Spooky Season Time.

Just an eldritch dragon disguised as dice.

"Dude! Let me in! I'm a fairy!"
"DON'T YOU BELIEVE IN F A R I E S ?"

10/18/2020 3:47 pm  #2

Re: Memoria Tenere- A FWRP

Oooh very interesting! I'll get to start on my form as soon as I get the chance :D
If you need extra mods, I volunteer Ig!

Kinda weird question, but I understand that Non-Fallen are OCs? While the Fallen are the forumsonas?

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

10/18/2020 4:03 pm  #3

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Oooh very interesting! I'll get to start on my form as soon as I get the chance :D
If you need extra mods, I volunteer Ig.

Kinda weird question, but I understand that Non-Fallen are OCs? While the Fallen are the forumsonas?

Yaaayyy! :D

Thank you so much, mate! If you want, I can update the main post to show that.

Yes! Non-Fallen are OC's. Sorry for not clarifying.

Requiem/Legacy

10/18/2020 4:19 pm  #4

I'd be down for being a mod as well!

Let me see with working on my form and stuff

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

10/18/2020 4:57 pm  #5

Oh geez, school's starting up soon and we all know how inefficient I am with form-making
I can be a mod. I have a lot of experience with being a mod across the communities I'm in.
I might ask you more questions if that's alright, Legacy, but I'll try to keep my mouth shut xD

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
Birds aren't real.

10/18/2020 5:28 pm  #6

bookmarking!!

[ JACK ]
she/her | aquarius | frog lover

10/18/2020 7:17 pm  #7

Actually, I might have one more question as well lol. It's for a future character

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

10/18/2020 8:58 pm  #8

@Time @Galaxian

*Waddles over, wearing paintball armor*

Hit me with all the questions! Also @Time @Galaxian Thank you so much! I can update the main post right now if you want.

Requiem/Legacy

10/18/2020 9:07 pm  #9

Bookmark!! This idea is super interesting :eyes:

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd
hello :D hope you're having a good day

"The true sky, and songs that cageless soar
Were they not wishes worth fighting for?"

10/18/2020 9:09 pm  #10

Wellll

How long ago was the... what do you call it? I'm assuming it's called the falling. You don't need to be too exact. Like, I'm just kinda wondering on how much non-fallen know or remember about the past and stuff too

What do you call the people that travel to the void and (idk if you said this in the original post) ruins? Like, divers? Void divers? Something like that?

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

10/18/2020 11:12 pm  #11

@Time

It's been a couple thousand years since the Shattering/Falling. I'd say about ten-thousand years, with most modern time forming five thousand years ago. Not all Fallen (Shattered to the more academic) became immediately active after the apocalypse, with some only awakening a couple of millennia later. New stuff is being rediscovered all the time.

Void divers! Or void sailors, depending on whether they sail or dive in it!

Requiem/Legacy

10/19/2020 12:02 am  #12

Ohh I'm guessing Fallen (or Shattered) are immortal, as in they don't age, but can still be killed? And that some of course lay dorment... somewhere until they just randomly wake up?

I'm guessing also lots of culture/history, if not everything, was destroyed during The Fall? (Except for whatever remains)

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

10/19/2020 1:56 am  #13

Updating the main post would be cool, especially for clarifications on certain aspects of rules and character creating. Idk though xD it's up to you.

I've another question here (I'm sorry I swear). Is it possible for a Forgotten to return to being a Fallen?
Is the transition from Fallen to Forgotten a gradual process, or does it just happen? And when a Fallen begins to recall memories, does it generally reflect onto their appearance? I know this would probably be a case-by-case specific scenario but it wouldn't hurt to have a general guideline :')
I said one question but I ended up asking more, oops hehe.

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

10/19/2020 8:03 am  #14

Nickname(s): Shard/Axel
Pronouns: He/Him
Appearance: They're one person, but both sides of them are different. Right Half: Completely covered in multicolored crystals of varying sizes. The largest crystals are on his shoulder and head. He has no visible mouth, but his eye is visible, and it glows blue. His "Hair", is made up of a few large, spiky crystals, with one spike curling down to almost cover his eye. He has one large crystal shard sticking out of his shoulder . Left Half: Looks like a human. He's white with his eye being blue, and not glowing. He has spiky blue hair. In terms of clothing, they've managed to agree on a simple black trenchcoat, (With a hole in the back because of the shoulder spike.), black pants, and black shirt, and a blue scarf.
Personality: Think a hydra. Now make it not a dragon. Then give it just two heads. Then put both heads in one body. That's basically the personality of this guy. Shard is easily frustrated, and gets upset when he isn't able to do what he wants. He's stubborn, but if he realizes that there's no way he can do exactly what he wants, then he'll adapt. Axel on the other hand, is more reasonable. He's strategic and adaptable, and takes every chance he can to enjoy life.
Memories: These two are unique in the way that Shard has memories of the past, and Axel has barely interpetable glimpses of the future. Shard remembers rejection, and falling. He remembers some parts of the collapse, but not enough that he could fully describe exactly what happened. Axel has seen his full face, a city landscape with music radiating out, and an orange with arms and legs. Also eyes.
Main Power: Pyrokinesis. Axel is the one that this power comes from, and it allows him to summon blue fire, and control it.
Side Powers: Crystal Manipulation. Shard can manipulate the crystals on his body and turn them into weapons.
Trivia: One of them isn't going to make it out of this FWRP alive. On a lighter note, the only things they agree on are a favorite food, (pasta), and clothing.
Other: Axel Mori. 

this is gonna be a challenge.

A-x-e-l, got it memorized?
   ----------------------------------
   Bow Before Ark Angel

eye see you
      Constantly Tired
     WE FOUND THE CHEESE

10/19/2020 7:04 pm  #15

Hmm...

On the one hand, this looks like it would be fun.

On the other hand, I'd probably have to keep a tab of these forums up in order to remember this FWRP's existence.

I'm at a crossroads here, basically, and I don't really like that.

Persona:Lavender the Dragon-Cat-Girl-Thing

This is going to be awesome, I just know it!!

10/19/2020 8:21 pm  #16

what's wrong with keeping a tab of the forums up? Or checking in when you have time or something like that?

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

10/19/2020 8:52 pm  #17

Time wrote:

Ohh I'm guessing Fallen (or Shattered) are immortal, as in they don't age, but can still be killed? And that some of course lay dorment... somewhere until they just randomly wake up?

I'm guessing also lots of culture/history, if not everything, was destroyed during The Fall? (Except for whatever remains)

Yep. The Fallen are biologically immortal and do not age. They can appear as old as they want, but do not age. Only killed. Yep. Some are just sleeping and- wait what? Who am I? What happened?

Yep. It was a real bad.

Requiem/Legacy

10/19/2020 8:57 pm  #18

Uhhh, gonna point out "immortal" doesn't mean "does not age", it means "cannot be killed". Thus, the Fallen are not immortal--they just have longevity. 

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
Birds aren't real.

10/19/2020 8:59 pm  #19

They do be nappin doe zzzz

So it seems that the non-fallen are just as clueless/only know as much as the Fallen do. Yea?

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

10/19/2020 9:00 pm  #20

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Updating the main post would be cool, especially for clarifications on certain aspects of rules and character creating. Idk though xD it's up to you.

I've another question here (I'm sorry I swear). Is it possible for a Forgotten to return to being a Fallen?
Is the transition from Fallen to Forgotten a gradual process, or does it just happen? And when a Fallen begins to recall memories, does it generally reflect onto their appearance? I know this would probably be a case-by-case specific scenario but it wouldn't hurt to have a general guideline :')
I said one question but I ended up asking more, oops hehe.

I shall! Give me some time though because I've been busy today.

No, it's alright, I love questions!

Possibly. If they can regain, at he very least, what their nickname was, they can gradually revert back into a Fallen. However, their minds are kinda in this bestial loop so just yelling their nickname won't ever them back. The Fallen to Forgotten transformation is gradual, physically and mentally. At first it's forgetting your name for a moment, then more and more util you forget everything, and you can only recall something is wrong but you can't tell what. Also your appearance slowly becomes more nstable, like reality (including you) is fragmenting by your existence. The tell-tale sign of a Forgotten is empty eye sockets leaking (blood, lava, void, whatever). Even if the Fallen didn't have eye sockets, hollows will appear when they become Forgotten. ALSO! Forgotten are blind and "see" different, but I forgot to write that down but will update it later. Yes, their appearance slowly starts metamorphosing to their original, Forumer look. So more powerful-looking? Idk. 

​Take your time, I don't mind!

Requiem/Legacy

10/19/2020 9:03 pm  #21

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Uhhh, gonna point out "immortal" doesn't mean "does not age", it means "cannot be killed". Thus, the Fallen are not immortal--they just have longevity. 

-Galaxian-

I'm specifically referring to biological immortality, also known as bio-indefinite mortality. This is when the rate of mortality due to senescence (aging) is either stable or decreasing. You can still get sick or injured or eaten or die, but you will not die to senescence.

Also @Time

Yep. THere's archaeologists and historians and paleontologists trying to figure out the Pre-Shattering world, but they're mostly clueless. Very few believe Fallen exist beyond some rumors or folklore.

Requiem/Legacy

10/19/2020 9:05 pm  #22

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

-Galaxian-

I'm kinda seeing that as a division of immortality, if that makes sense or works

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

10/20/2020 7:34 am  #23

immortal go brmmm

A-x-e-l, got it memorized?
   ----------------------------------
   Bow Before Ark Angel

eye see you
      Constantly Tired
     WE FOUND THE CHEESE

10/20/2020 8:48 pm  #24

Need to charge my computer, then I will update stuff and review Axel's Fallen. My apologies for the delay!

​(Also keeping a tab open hence why it says Online)

Requiem/Legacy

10/20/2020 10:21 pm  #25

TwoPunchAxel wrote:

Nickname(s): Shard/Axel
Pronouns: He/Him
Appearance: They're one person, but both sides of them are different. Right Half: Completely covered in multicolored crystals of varying sizes. The largest crystals are on his shoulder and head. He has no visible mouth, but his eye is visible, and it glows blue. His "Hair", is made up of a few large, spiky crystals, with one spike curling down to almost cover his eye. He has one large crystal shard sticking out of his shoulder . Left Half: Looks like a human. He's white with his eye being blue, and not glowing. He has spiky blue hair. In terms of clothing, they've managed to agree on a simple black trenchcoat, (With a hole in the back because of the shoulder spike.), black pants, and black shirt, and a blue scarf.
Personality: Think a hydra. Now make it not a dragon. Then give it just two heads. Then put both heads in one body. That's basically the personality of this guy. Shard is easily frustrated, and gets upset when he isn't able to do what he wants. He's stubborn, but if he realizes that there's no way he can do exactly what he wants, then he'll adapt. Axel on the other hand, is more reasonable. He's strategic and adaptable, and takes every chance he can to enjoy life.
Memories: These two are unique in the way that Shard has memories of the past, and Axel has barely interpetable glimpses of the future. Shard remembers rejection, and falling. He remembers some parts of the collapse, but not enough that he could fully describe exactly what happened. Axel has seen his full face, a city landscape with music radiating out, and an orange with arms and legs. Also eyes.
Main Power: Pyrokinesis. Axel is the one that this power comes from, and it allows him to summon blue fire, and control it.
Side Powers: Crystal Manipulation. Shard can manipulate the crystals on his body and turn them into weapons.
Trivia: One of them isn't going to make it out of this FWRP alive. On a lighter note, the only things they agree on are a favorite food, (pasta), and clothing.
Other: Axel Mori. 

this is gonna be a challenge.

Almost accepted, but could you elaborate on the powers a bit?

Axel's body appears to be the fuel for his pyrokinesis, but I just want to ask a few questions about his power before approval. Mainly about the Fire Triangle (heat/oxygen/fuel). 

Could the crystals be the fuel for the fires? Idk if this is a Firebender situation and it is the manipulation of body heat/sun's heat, but I just wanna are sure it doesn't violate the Law of Conservation of Matter. Shard's power is completely fine, though, as long as it isn't overpowered (for example, being unable to grow new crystals out of nothing). The powers can become stronger if they gain more memories. 

Fellow Mods, could you bring in your own opinion? My brain might just be overthinking so I wanna know what ye think.

Also I forgot to mentioned and Me Dumb-Dumb, but Req/Leg's power is the manipulation of void and/or their own body (the dripping ichor mentioned. Lovecraftian Fallen for a reason). No new matter is created, only existing matter manipulated. The tentacles are smaller away from the void. Probably torturing poor Req/Leg by adding so many nerfs, but that's the plot of this FWRP. 

Requiem/Legacy

Board footera