The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/01/2020 8:57 pm  #1

Deserted city, lonely vibes...

((Let's see if this works out the way I want lol :3))

It's a nice afternoon in a wonderfully abandoned city. This city is not very large but it seems to have been rather modern until its inhabitants deserted it, judging by the high buildings and fallen powerline posts. At the moment, though, it looks like a mess of concrete. Few colors are visible and those that are there look faded and dusty. Not a single speck of plant life (more like plant death is visible instead lol). Almost as if the whole place is slowly turning to monochrome.
Well, a lot of the once-buildings are fallen and their walls broken. Even though such formations would normally make good hiding spots for animals, none can be seen or felt around the area. The only mlvement is the ocassional swirl of dust propelled by a draft of cool wind.

How or why you are here, well, that's not really important. You probably want to look around a bit.

Hey, hey, are those sounds soft footsteps a few streets forward?

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

10/01/2020 9:26 pm  #2

Re: Deserted city, lonely vibes...

Echo, who was wandering around just to explore, heard the footsteps and immediately shifted into transparent. Her gut told her to run, but curiosity blocked any and every caution, logic, and experience.

Silently, Echo ran down a couple streets, trying to find where the footsteps came from.

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

10/01/2020 10:19 pm  #3

There was some sort of scurrying step sound and a hushed voice saying "someone's coming" or something similar.

10/01/2020 10:48 pm  #4

Echo peeked around the corner, still invisible. She stood still, holding her breath and listening for more noise while looking around.

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

10/02/2020 3:21 pm  #5

The noise stopped.

There was a black-haired woman standing in the center of the ruined street, standing alert with a metallic object in her hand.
She couldn't see Echo. She seemed to be waiting for someone to appear, though.

10/02/2020 3:42 pm  #6

Echo stayed still, slowly and quietly breathing, still watching from around the corner.

The Narrator would like to point out that Echo still has a shadow on the ground and the girl had kicked up some dirt that was now drifting away.

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

10/02/2020 3:47 pm  #7

The woman extended her arm forward once she noticed the shadow. Now that it was a bit clearer, Echo could see she was holding a pocket knife in her hand. 
"Show yourself. What do you want?"

Strange that her voice didn't match with the one heard earlier.

10/02/2020 3:56 pm  #8

Slowly, Echo became a bit more visible to the eye and stepped out from behind the corner, holding her hands up to defend her face and stammering out, "P-please don't hurt me, I'm sorry!"

Echo looks very harmless, her voice soft and close to crying at the sight of the knife. Her falcon wings somewhat closed around her body to protect herself.

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

10/02/2020 4:10 pm  #9

"Ey, ey, are knives even legal around here?" a certain cyber agent says. "She's just a forumer. Neither of us intended to transgress. Please do pardon us."

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
Birds aren't real.

10/02/2020 4:20 pm  #10

She lowered her knife a little when Echo spoke, probably thinking about the reaction. But just as quickly, the woman redirected her weapon to the source of the other voice.
"No transgression here. What do you want? That's all I need to know."
Her voice was firm, but not threatening.

For a bit more of a description, she was wearing a dusty white coat over red clothing. Her hair was tied to the side in a way that it fell over her left shoulder.
It's likely that she was around her twenties, since she had the appearance of one who has barely entered adulthood.

10/02/2020 4:49 pm  #11

"Well, one, I'd like the knife to stop being pointed at me, thank you. Second, maybe societal approval would help. Human equality would be great too. Hmm, what else? Oh yeah, I needed a new phone cover," Rai says nonchalantly.

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
Birds aren't real.

10/02/2020 5:12 pm  #12

"Oh yes, I'm sure human equality would be amazing." She did as requested and lowered her knife once again, still keeping it gripped tightly. "For now, you mentioned she's a forumer?"

A little bit of rubble in a mound from behind the young woman shifted.

10/02/2020 5:54 pm  #13

Echo nodded, eyeing the knife a bit, "Yeah, I'm, I'm, uhm, I'm a forumer, ma'am. I just... I was just, uhm, exploring a bit and heard some noise over in, uh, in this area, so, I... so I came over here to see what it was."

She jumped a bit and turned nearly invisible again when the rumble shifted.

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

10/02/2020 11:12 pm  #14

She nodded, her hand relaxing slowly. "I see-"

A head popped out from between the pile that had moved before.
"They don't look like they want to harm us, Eustice!"

'Eustice' nearly jumped around.

10/02/2020 11:15 pm  #15

Echo flinched, but gave the smallest wave.

"Y-yea, I rather not harm."

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

10/02/2020 11:34 pm  #16

"Well, I don't think I listed harming in that list, though I've been pondering the rest of my Christmas list, so I may have forgotten just what I said," Rai, who doesn't really celebrate Christmas unless he's dragged into it, jokes. 

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

10/02/2020 11:46 pm  #17

The second voice matched that which had whispered at the beginning of the thread.
It belonged to a young girl--probably around ten--with long orange hair in a darker fade near the tips. Her clothing was covered in gray dust from the place she had been hiding.
She scurried to Eustice's side. Compared to the other, she looked rather frail; her oversized white dress accentuated her thin legs and matched her pale skin.

The older one spoke. "That's good to know." Eustice folded her knife. "I've been told we can trust forumers. You say you are one, and you know who they are... so I guess it's safe."

10/03/2020 12:08 am  #18

Echo looked relieved that the knife was put away.

"Y-yea... uhm, nice to meet you?"

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

10/03/2020 2:22 pm  #19

"Nice to meet you!" The little girl chirped. "Who are you, Miss Forumer? And you, Mister Stranger?"
Eustice patted her head.

10/03/2020 2:51 pm  #20

"Uhm, my name's Echo."

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

10/03/2020 3:29 pm  #21

"You got it," Rai says with a fingergun from where he is. He isn't too inclined to move at the moment. "You two are part of a gang?"

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

10/03/2020 3:45 pm  #22

"You didn't say your name," the girl started to demand before her companion laid a hand on her shoulder. 
Eustice shook her head. "Unofficially. We're on our way to join a forumer, but we haven't found anyone yet."
The girl smiled brightly. "And then we'll be safe! With... what was the name of the person we have to find?"
"I'm afraid I don't remember."

10/03/2020 3:52 pm  #23

"Honestly, sometimes here you're safer without a forumer next to you. But I see your point," Rai says, a smirk creeping into his voice easily. "I'd offer to give you a list of forumers, but unfortunately I don't have the list on me right now."

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

10/03/2020 4:26 pm  #24

"Perhaps, but it's the best choice we have at the moment." Eustice crossed her arms. "Thanks for the offer but it's not really necessary."
"Yeah, for now we just have to go east!" The girl pointed to down the street, which was east.

10/03/2020 8:28 pm  #25

"Oh? I, uhm, I can help you look, uh, you look if you want."

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Board footera