The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/02/2020 7:01 am  #1

Echo's 2020 Scribbles uwu

Welcome to my thread in which I blind your eyes with horror writing!

I will post my first scribble later lol, just had to make the thread before I forgot to lol

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

9/17/2020 9:53 pm  #2

Re: Echo's 2020 Scribbles uwu

I meant to put horrible writing but whatever

Day One (09/01): Choice
Day Two (09/02): Perfection
Day Three (09/03): Déjà vu
Day Four (09/04): Ambivalent
Day Five (09/05): Bane
Day Six (09/06): Nature
Day Seven (09/07): Hindered
Day Eight (09/08): Withheld
Day Nine (09/09): Reprieve
Day Ten (09/10): Way
Day Eleven (09/11): Memorial
Day Twelve (09/12): Hypocritical
Day Thirteen (09/13): Nurture
Day Fourteen (09/14): Imprint
Day Fifteen (09/15): Cherished
Day Sixteen (09/16): Accusations
Day Seventeen (09/17): Pseudochromaesthesia

Reminder for me lol

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

9/17/2020 10:37 pm  #3

With most of my writings, there will be cursing and more of a mature theme and whatnot. I warned you ^v^

Day One: Choice

Choice: an act of selecting or making a decision when faced with two or more possibilities; (especially of food) of very good quality; (of words, phrases, or language) rude and abusive.

Francis had to make a choice. Of course, choices can go from being simple and quick to taxing and taking forever. Strangely, this choice was a mix of the two.

It was plain but taking oh-so very long.

Francis bit his lip as he concentrated on the 24/7 coffee shop's menu, furrowing his eyebrows while doing so. He leaned against the wall, not quite making a move anytime soon to get in line and order.

Why was he being indecisive over such a small thing? Francis wondered. Why couldn't he make a choice?

He pulled out his phone, sending a quick message to Silence.

Help! Getting coffee and idk what to order!!!! D:!!!

Quickly, a message shot back:

Bruh, it's 4am in the morning. Why are you up? >:c

I could ask the same!!!! X0

Fair point lmao. Idk get a  cappuccino. Buy me a latte, I'll pay you back tomorrow

Francis smiled as he typed back:

Thanks! Meet me at the park :3c

(^v^)b

Francis ordered the drinks to go, heading out to the park. He saw Silence sitting upside down on the park bench, playing some weird game on their phone.

Francis sat down, giving Silence time to rearrange themselves and take their coffee with a thanks.

It was quiet for a moment when Silence questioned, "What's wrong?"

Francis flinched. Was he that easy to read?

"Not much," Francis sipped his drink.

"Bull crap," Silence waved their hand in the air. "I won't force it out if you don't wanna talk about it though."

A few more minutes passed of a quiet.

Francis spoke, "It's my father..."

"Oh, that bastard?!"

"Yeah, that bastard."

Silence frowned, "What does he want this time?"

Francis fiddled with his cup, staring down with a melancholy gaze, his violet eyes fixing upon the sidewalk.

"He... well..." Francis started off talking about what had happened. His father finding his apartment, breaking in and then acting all cheerful with Francis. How his father tried to talk Francis into using his... ability for...

How is father suddenly shoved him down, starting to make threats after Francis refused. How is father started rambling about how he was so glad he had abandoned Francis, how pathetic Francis was. For once in a long time, for a moment, The Thoughts came rushing back to Francis in that moment.

Idiot. Pathetic.  Not good enough. This is why your parents left you alone. You're not good enough, you're not good enough, you're not-

Francis was able to get his father to leave, the smell of alcohol a bit too strong for the demigod to handle. For the past few nights, Francis wasn't able to bring himself to stay in his apartment, ending up wondering around on the streets to keep himself from falling asleep.

For once... Francis was scared. He was scared of someone he had only seen twice in his life. The teen was just... being a kid again, scared of the imitation.

Francis wasn't sure why, but he was crying. He tried to hide it by coughing, but Silence knew the other too well.

Silence, never too good with comforting words, said while putting an arm around the younger, "I'm sure it'll be over with soon. The bastard will probably get arrested for whatever he does next, probably something alcohol related."

They snorted a laugh, then said, "Hey, you don't need to worry about what he thinks about you! The jerk doesn't know the real you! He doesn't know that you graduated school early, or how awesome you are at painting!"

Francis looked up, eyes already puffy.

"Hell, the dude's a drunk and barely regal enough to call a god. What is he again, a deity of death? Oooh, so scary~ Blech, the bastard doesn't know anything but how to drink and have children."

Francis laughed, wiping his tears away, "Yeah... yeah!"

Silence grinned, happy to see Francis starting to lighten up.

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

9/19/2020 6:29 am  #4

Day Two: Perfection

Perfection: the condition, state, or quality of being free or as free as possible from all flaws or defects; a person or thing perceived as the embodiment of perfection; the action or process of improving something until it is faultless or as faultless as possible.

Malaika moved her fingers across the strings, playing out a slow, soft melody. She swayed, trying to calm herself down, trying to ignore the pain that swelled in her heart with each measure.

Just ignore yourself, Malaika thought. Just be their little perfection of a child.

Malaika started to play faster, irritation and the bit of sadness now turning into a heated rage, her brow furrowing as she repeated those words in her head.

Malaika's breath turned fast, her own frustration rose as the violin notes turned more into a bitter reminder than a relaxing action.

Just be the golden child, just take care of everyone else, forget about yourself, forget about how you feel, nothing you feel matters in this house. If you act like yourself in the slightest way, punishment, yelling, threatening. You're nothing here, but you will be the perfect child.

Malaika couldn't stand it anymore! Without thinking, Malaika threw her violin to the ground harshly, a mess of wooden shards scattering all across the ground.

Slowly, Malaika realized what she done, the bow dropping to the ground with a clatter that almost echoed around the room. Fear ate away the anger she had felt, becoming a worse replacement.

There was a call from somewhere, Malaika couldn't exactly pinpoint it, from a room in the mansion.

"What was that?!"

Her hands trembled. Not again... she just didn't want to get yelled at again. She didn't want to get beat again, she didn't want to be reminded of what reality was. She didn't want to be trapped here anymore!

No friends... no feelings... no say in anything... no showing your true self to anyone... no mistakes... no joy... no sadness...

Was that truly the fate of a perfect child? Was being strictly obedient what child had to do to become perfect? Throw away everything that made them human, and become some kind of robotic vessel? She didn't want to live this life anymore!

Tears ran down silently as she heard footsteps get closer to where she was at, each sound of a door opening making her heart jump. Panic set in, searching for a solution.

There was a window. Malaika thought of the layout of the mansion, realizing that she could run to her room within two minutes, gather some clothes, money, and belongings...

She could be free...

She wouldn't have to act perfect...

No more beatings... no more feeling frustrated... no more forced emptiness, no more being yelled at... she could escape from...

And so Malaika ran.

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Board footera