The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/12/2020 6:40 pm  #1

{MC ~ Starting Thread} We Love Democracy

After four long years, the current president, President Monstrone, has been voted into office for the rest of his life. To celebrate, school has been cancelled, and nearly everyone also gets a day off of work. As a result, Twilight Square was packed with people old and young. 

Underneath the shimmerstone pillar -- which was glowing a golden yellow as it was summer -- was a stage set up for President Monstrone to use for his speech. While the crowd was waiting for their new official leader to arrive, carnival games and food trucks were set up for them to use. 

---

Adeena roamed the crowd, fingering some silver coins in her skirt's pocket. Her stomach had been growling relentlessly, and so finally she had given in and left the stage {where the Monstrone family was supposed to be waiting for their father to arrive} to find a food truck. She knew she could spare at least fifteen minutes to find something that wouldn't ruin her formal attire and would be quick and easy to eat. 

8/12/2020 7:18 pm  #2

Re: {MC ~ Starting Thread} We Love Democracy

Finneas is....around? His boss kicked him out of the shop and told him to 'have fun for once,' so he's milling around in the crowd as well, contemplating whether he should go back to his apartment and keep building the card house he's been working on.  

xenon 
he/him || god of scones || brian david gilbert stan
gemini // mirage // the copy
too many forks, not enough spoons

8/12/2020 7:23 pm  #3

Anjo was enjoying the celebration so far, even though he hadn’t done much at all. He was just wandering around the crowds while looking for something interesting. Everything seemed to be going smoothly and he was excited to hear what the president would say. But it looked like some time would pass before that happened.

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

8/12/2020 7:31 pm  #4

Vixen is wandering around the festival, fixating on the coins that they was fiddling in their hands and with their mask resting on the side of their head. Their parents had said it was okay for them to explore the festival without them if they didn't make a scene (easy enough) and came back to listen to the speech (ugh). They were contemplating to either get some food or to run to the Lantern Forest to get some peace and quiet.

~Thunderstorm~
she/they | writer | cat lover | chaotic tired
abyss and revenant
"Just a little time... just a little something else instead..."

8/12/2020 7:36 pm  #5

Astra was....you guessed it, looking for someone to talk to after the speech. She pushed back a strand of hair and continued scanning the crowd for someone who looked friendly enough.

Vilatioi is -- surprisingly -- there, wondering why he came in the first place. It's not like the president cares at all. He glanced around, waiting for some sign that he was actually going to show up. I hope I don't have to talk to anyone.

[/Astra|Evergreen\]
She/Her
s l e e p

wow i exist??

8/12/2020 8:19 pm  #6

While everyone else contemplates their life purpose, Ogvyuthijs just wants to find some quality bread.

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
Birds aren't real.

8/12/2020 9:46 pm  #7

Robin sighed and walked around aimlessly. He didn't know what he wanted to do and wanted to find one of his siblings to bother and tease. He didn't really feel like staying there and wanted to find a place selling snacks. He was going to buy something to eat then go back home and sleep until evening. He didn't know what to do nor did he want to do anything.

NightWolf nervously stood in the crowd. She didn't really know what to do and didn't know who to talk to. And it wasn't like she could just walk up to anyone and strike up a conversation with them--she was too nervous to even talk to anyone.

Last edited by nightwolf (8/12/2020 9:47 pm)

↠nightwolf↞
| [pronouns don't matter to me] | [anime + kpop] |
↬trying my best not to get nervous lol↫

8/12/2020 11:10 pm  #8

Aika stood in view of the Shimmerstone Pillar, admiring the design from a distance. She had gotten away from her parents and was determined to keep it that way. Smelling something good, she headed over to the food trucks and looked for something to eat.

Nora, for once, was happy. The festival, although annoying, gave her the opportunity to wear a nicer sweater, although her brother insisted on her putting her jacket over it. She weaved her way through the crowd, looking for things to steal.

kat !
any prns

8/12/2020 11:18 pm  #9

Vila eyed his sister before following her, not wanting her to get lost. "Nora, wait. Where are you going?"

[/Astra|Evergreen\]
She/Her
s l e e p

wow i exist??

8/12/2020 11:39 pm  #10

Nora jumped a little at her brother's voice and turned around. "Oh, i just wanted some food, that's all. I'll get you something!" she smiled and darted back through the crowd. Thank god he didn't ask any other questions, she thought, and echolocated as she walked.

kat !
any prns

8/12/2020 11:42 pm  #11

"Nora-" He sighed as she darted away. We don't have very much money for any food. Vila looked down at the ground, hoping to draw as little attention as possible as he waited for her to come back.

[/Astra|Evergreen\]
She/Her
s l e e p

wow i exist??

8/13/2020 12:22 am  #12

((Everyone is thinking about food xD))

Anjo chanced upon Vixen, probably finding their mask and coin-handling interesting. He greeted, "Hello! Enjoying the celebration so far?"

8/13/2020 12:41 am  #13

Marshall stood near the back of the stage trying not to be noticed, which was difficult considering his father was nowhere to be seen and two of his siblings had wandered off. He sighed and nervously toyed with the chunk of amethyst on his necklace as he looked out at the crowd, trying to spot any of his missing family members. "I agree Clive, the least he could do is show up on time", he muttered to the gemstone.

Call me Marshall. Or Hungry, as that usually describes me.

"Chaos is only an enemy if you're unable to adapt"
-Шухрат Кессикбаев

Dealer of cursed artifacts

Chaotic Neutral energy

T̢h̛e v͝͝oi͜d̷̛ í̶s͘͜͞ ͢͠l̀͞o̵v͝ȩl̛y̸̢,̕͢ ̢̀h͡ǫ҉ṕ̶ ̵͟͏o̧n ҉̛i҉n̷̡

8/13/2020 7:38 am  #14

Vixen flinched slightly in surprise at Anjo's greeting. "A-ah. Hello." The mask-wearing duke quickly composed themself. "Uh... yeah. The festival's nice. It's just... very loud and crowded." They paused, tilting their head. "What about you? Are you enjoying it?"

~Thunderstorm~
abyss and revenant

8/13/2020 9:16 am  #15

Robin spotted Adeena trying to find a food truck and called out to her. "Hey! Adeena!" he yelled and ran over to her. "Are you trying to find food? Cause I'm hungryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy." he emphasized the hungry maybe a bit too much.

↠nightwolf↞
| [pronouns don't matter to me] | [anime + kpop] |
↬trying my best not to get nervous lol↫

8/13/2020 11:33 am  #16

"Are you talking to that rock again?" Astra questioned, looking at Marshall suspiciously.

Last edited by Astra (8/13/2020 11:33 am)

[/Astra|Evergreen\]
She/Her
s l e e p

wow i exist??

8/13/2020 12:22 pm  #17

Wow, there's a lot going on, and Finneas has no idea where he is now. Too many people, too many signs, not enough landmarks. He heads toward the stage just so he can try and get his bearings.

xenon 
he/him || god of scones || brian david gilbert stan
gemini // mirage // the copy
too many forks, not enough spoons

8/13/2020 12:30 pm  #18

"Indeed I am," he replied almost immediately. "Something interesting to break the routine."

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (8/13/2020 12:31 pm)

8/13/2020 1:24 pm  #19

Getting some food wouldn't hurt, Nora reasoned, so she made her way towards the food. The upper classes just had to flaunt all their nice things, and on the way, Nora even managed to pocket someone's wood bracelet, which would sell handsomely. She noticed the president's kids near the food trucks and kept her head down, trying not to be noticed.

kat !
any prns

8/13/2020 1:38 pm  #20

"Interesting is one way to put it..." Vixen mumbled. "Or at least, the carnival games and the food are. Hopefully the speech is bearable, too."

~Thunderstorm~
abyss and revenant

8/13/2020 2:02 pm  #21

Marshall nodded. "Clive is getting impatient. You'd think father would be here already, since it's his big day"

Call me Marshall. Or Hungry, as that usually describes me.

"Chaos is only an enemy if you're unable to adapt"
-Шухрат Кессикбаев

Dealer of cursed artifacts

Chaotic Neutral energy

T̢h̛e v͝͝oi͜d̷̛ í̶s͘͜͞ ͢͠l̀͞o̵v͝ȩl̛y̸̢,̕͢ ̢̀h͡ǫ҉ṕ̶ ̵͟͏o̧n ҉̛i҉n̷̡

8/13/2020 2:22 pm  #22

Adeena jumped when she heard someone say her name, and turned around to see her sibling Robin. She scowled. "Yes. And if you're hungry, why don't you go get something to eat?"

8/13/2020 3:17 pm  #23

Astra shrugged, ignoring the part about Clive. "Maybe he's just late. Then again, my legs are getting sore from standing still for so long. Want to go explore?" 

Last edited by Astra (8/13/2020 3:17 pm)

[/Astra|Evergreen\]
She/Her
s l e e p

wow i exist??

8/13/2020 3:53 pm  #24

Ry was wandering through the crowd, trying to see if she could find anything that could prove interesting.

>ℜ𝔢ɮ𝔢𝔩<
Our scarlet eyes will watch you keenly... friend.
And so I arrive!

We shouldn't even dare to think about a secret sneak attack. Perish the thought!

So I guess we're gonna have to... FACE. OFF.

The hydra was better.

8/13/2020 3:59 pm  #25

"I don't think it'll be that bad. I wonder what the president will talk about. Have you been to the food trucks already?" He asked Vixen.

Board footera