The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/09/2020 7:07 pm  #1

Midnight City |•| Information Thread

This is just going to be containing a bunch of random information for the FWRP Midnight City! This way I don't think I'll be spamming my homethread as much XD

The world above Midnight City is simply just known as "The Above". Usually, people above ground just refer to places like Midnight City as "The Below" or "The Under Dwellings". 

Shimmerstones are a type of rare stone that will glow so long as part of it is touching sunlight. This means that if a shimmerstone rock is broken down into small chunks and only one of the pieces left above ground in the sunlight, the rest will glow. 
>> The largest shimmerstone found so far has been set in Twilight Square -- one of the busiest places in the city. A large square of it is placed on top of an intricately carved stone pillar. It's only about a half to a third as bright as the sun, and illuminates the entire square, along with several streets beyond. 
>> Shimmerstone actually does glow at night! Since moonlight is just light from the sun that's reflected, the stone will glow if touched by moonlight. Uniquely, the stone will also go through the moon cycle, meaning that while some weeks the shimmerstone is completely full at night, other weeks the stone is only half illuminated or not glowing at all. 
>> When hit by sunlight, shimmerstone glows a warm, golden yellow color, but when hit by moonlight, it glows a soft, silvery color

8/09/2020 7:25 pm  #2

Re: Midnight City |•| Information Thread

that's wild! 

xenon 
he/him || god of scones || brian david gilbert stan
gemini // mirage // the copy
too many forks, not enough spoons

8/09/2020 7:30 pm  #3

Does shimmerstone emit heat as well, or is it just a light source?

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
Birds aren't real.

8/09/2020 7:34 pm  #4

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Does shimmerstone emit heat as well, or is it just a light source?

Just a light source! It's actually a pretty cold stone, ironically. 

8/09/2020 8:02 pm  #5

>> With a little help from scientists, the large shimmerstone in the center of Twilight Square actually subtly changes colors when seasons change, however the colors only show during the day time. The descriptions are as follows:
Winter: The light changes to be almost a harsh white
Spring: The light develops a pale green tint
Summer: The usual golden yellow!
Fall: More of an orange color
>> Additionally, each color is the most prominent during the middle of the season, and then steadily begins fading into the color for the next. Each season consists of three months, with the first day of the first month marking the beginning of the season, and the last day of the last month signaling the end of the season. 
>> Each month is marked by the beginning of a full moon. This means each month 29 days long, and that there's still 12 months in a year. However, this leaves an extra 17 {sometimes 18} days at the end of every year, which have been reserved for a long stretch of festivities celebrating the end of a year. Of course, there are still several holiday scattered throughout the year!

8/09/2020 8:07 pm  #6

dude i want shimmerstones to exist irl, the concept of this is so cool-

kat !
any prns

8/09/2020 8:18 pm  #7

The glow rock is yes

Call me Marshall. Or Hungry, as that usually describes me.

"Chaos is only an enemy if you're unable to adapt"
-Шухрат Кессикбаев

Dealer of cursed artifacts

Chaotic Neutral energy

T̢h̛e v͝͝oi͜d̷̛ í̶s͘͜͞ ͢͠l̀͞o̵v͝ȩl̛y̸̢,̕͢ ̢̀h͡ǫ҉ṕ̶ ̵͟͏o̧n ҉̛i҉n̷̡

8/09/2020 8:34 pm  #8

oooh shimmerstones sound very cool!

~Thunderstorm~
she/they | writer | cat lover | chaotic tired
abyss and revenant
"Just a little time... just a little something else instead..."

8/09/2020 8:35 pm  #9

: D I'm glad you guys all like the Shimmerstone! I had fun toying with the idea!

8/12/2020 10:55 am  #10

Oh my gosh I absolutely adore the concept of the Shimmerstone fksdjfdskjds

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

Board footera