The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/16/2021 6:59 pm  #226

Re: Y'all Get No Context ~ Private Chat @Zura

How have you been?

Zzzzura 
Administrator

5/16/2021 7:17 pm  #227

Okay, I think. A bit worried for stuff globally as usual, but mostly focusing on getting homework done and not being nervous for AP tests and finals. How about you?

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
Birds aren't real.

5/16/2021 8:28 pm  #228

Not great, in all honesty. Realized I probably have ADHD that keeps getting worse -- getting assignments done is nearly impossible. Can't get a diagnosis/help for it though, since I'm afraid of it being used against me. 

Also stressed about college. For some reason I thought military school was a good idea, and now that I actually have to go there (I committed), it's terrifying. I have my reasons for going, but it sounds like it's going to be an enormous source of stress. Don't have another plan, though, so it is what it is.

Zzzzura 
Administrator

5/16/2021 11:59 pm  #229

Ah, geez. That sounds really bad. Of course, what you and I have are different, but for me, concentration abilities have really decreased during this time, too. The point is that maybe the circumstances are what's making it worse for you? I'm not sure. I hope when things get more normal your ADHD, if you have it, gets better. And hopefully you'll be able to get help for it soon, too.
Oh :0 military school sounds interesting. You're my first friend who's gonna go to one xD. You're one of my only friends who has a postsecondary plan xDD. Well, I don't know much about military school, but I wish you a lot of luck! And I hope you have fun there :D. Just remember to use coping methods for stress and stuff. And if you ever need to rant, I'm here. Though, I'm pretty bad at advice, lol. 

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
Birds aren't real.

5/17/2021 1:28 am  #230

Thanks! I'm sure it'll be fine after the first year, haha. Everyone hates freshman year (and they call the freshman cadets "rats" so we're quite a respected group, as you can see), but it's rough for any college student. 

Zzzzura 
Administrator

5/17/2021 2:46 am  #231

That's what the lowest grade of any school other than elementary school tends to be like, apparently. I liked 1st grade better.

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

5/17/2021 4:00 am  #232

wheeze

Zzzzura 
Administrator

5/17/2021 2:11 pm  #233

Is that a wheeze of agreement xD

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

5/19/2021 2:23 am  #234

Perhaps 

Zzzzura 
Administrator

12/26/2021 7:30 pm  #235

Hey Zura!

Just wanted to say that I hope everything's going alright for you. Hope you have a good New Year's, and thank you for being my friend.

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

2/17/2022 8:03 pm  #236

Pretend this isn't two months late.

Hope everything's going well for you too!

Zzzzura 
Administrator

2/17/2022 8:36 pm  #237

Totally not. It's okay. :D Thank you!

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

2/17/2022 8:44 pm  #238

How have you been lately?

Zzzzura 
Administrator

2/17/2022 10:30 pm  #239

I'm being dismantled by high school, specifically Calculus' workload xD. I think it might've been easier if I were in physical school, but I'm not, so I'm kinda just not chilling in virtual school, I guess.
Reading your signature, how's college going? I guess you either didn't follow up with or finished following up with going to military school? I honestly dunno much about military school, to be honest, so if I sound dumb and can't tell the difference, there you go.

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

2/18/2022 1:21 am  #240

The last half of my junior year and the entirety of my senior year were online. It's definitely not fun. Good luck with calculus. I think I'm taking it this summer (I took it in high school, but it wasn't AP Calculus, so it didn't count for college credit).

Ah yes, I try to forget I started my college experience with military school. I had to drop out for personal reasons and ended up with some trauma, so that was a nice experience. Currently trying to treat it with memes/attempting to laugh at the whole thing. Joining that program was easily the worst mistake I ever made, but it was nice to figure out being in the military wasn't something I wanted (it was my dream for years, or I thought it was). My family made me think everyone in the military was a good person, but I know first hand a lot of the new officers they're getting in the coming years are really sh*tty, immature people. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they will grow by the time they graduate, but they overstepped the line between "training" and "being an a**hole" and made me extremely uncomfortable on many occasions, so they don't deserve my forgiveness. I have a lot of stories I could tell about that, but I won't because that's too much negativity for one post smh. To say the least, it was not the highlight of my year. (Sorry for the rant lol.)

I'm a normal college student now and away from all that. I failed my first semester due to extenuating circumstances, but it's going better now since I switched majors (I started as an engineer, another thing I thought I wanted...absolutely not). I actually like my classes this time.

I got engaged as well! She's amazing. 

Zzzzura 
Administrator

2/18/2022 1:40 am  #241

Ah, good luck with Calculus for you as well! I remember you warning me about unit circles a few years back xD turns out those are the least of my concerns now. How are they going for you/how's math going for you in general?
I'm sorry for bringing it up. Pretend I didn't. If you need therapy/help for the trauma, though, make sure to get it. 
(Me saying "pretend I didn't bring it up" and then continuing to talk about it--) In a way, I'm also glad you at least are on a better path now. Family can definitely be misleading due to how we usually tend to perceive them as being more credible,,, so definitely don't think it was your fault or anything like that. And anyways, there are a lot of jerks in the world. Some places have them in more concentrated amounts than others, though, so avoiding/getting out of those places is always good.
Feel free to rant. I honestly have figured out that I'm horrible at actually giving any positivity in return,,, but hey, maybe people don't need that in return. (*cringes lol*)

How's your art going, by the way? I'd love to see an update if you're comfortable with it. Same goes for your writing. Your writing is awesome. I hope your characters are doing well.

Pfft, the funny thing from me atm (sorry for the negativity lol) is that my older brother (cousin) is also in the engineering major field and has decided he doesn't really like it...but he keeps going anyways because it apparently makes the money (he's in China). :') He does not listen, so I'm glad my forum friends know better. xD
Good luck in college too! I don't know much about it but I hope you already have good friends there or will find some. They make the experience easier from what I've heard.

And I can't express my excitement correctly here, but !!! Wow! I'm really happy to hear that. I wish you both a lot of happiness and luck moving forward!
And (*nudge nudge*) let me know what month the event is on so I can disgrace the day's event with...something. Idk. Something disgraceful. xD Free cringe services any time, anywhere!

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

2/18/2022 10:30 am  #242

I'm not taking math this semester. -confetti-

Don't worry about it lol. Life is full of unpleasant experiences like that.

I was going to continue with engineering for the same reason (money) but found out meteorology can make just as much, sometimes more. I can't imagine doing a job I hate.

Thanks! I have a few friends but haven't hung out with them very much.

Also thanks for the good wishes!

Here is some art I have created recently. I didn't embed the images because they're enormous and I'm too lazy to resize them:
Sunslayer (from my novel Sword Spirit): IMG_7528.png (1668×2388) (discordapp.com)
Elizabeth (from my Gintama fanfiction Samurai Insurrection): 3cb11952-e7ae-4718-a42c-be7bf2017996.png (2120×1534) (discordapp.com)
Katsura (also from Samurai Insurrection): IMG_7455.png (1484×944) (discordapp.com)
Elizabeth again: IMG_7602.png (1130×883) (discordapp.com)

The only writing I post anymore is fanfiction on AO3 (all SFW -- Samurai Insurrection is only tagged as adult because of how violent it is). I'm still working on a lot of original stuff, but I'm poor and need to make money off it, so I don't put it online for free, aside from some short stuff that may end up here.

My characters are doing well, of course! Thorn and Jaguar are still my favorites. Well, they're all my favorites, but those two have a special place haha.

Zzzzura 
Administrator

2/18/2022 4:22 pm  #243

Great. xD
I'll have to look at the art/writing and then respond later. I'm on a school computer (the other one is a potato now lol) and Discord/Archive of Our Own are both blocked here. It might take a while, though, so sorry in advance for that :D.

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

2/18/2022 5:13 pm  #244

No worries! And don't feel bad if none of the writing interests you lol. 

Zzzzura 
Administrator

2/19/2022 8:18 pm  #245

None of it what
Still haven't had the time to actually look into the links, but the MMMMMMM scale deserves its own series

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

2/20/2022 12:16 am  #246

Hehehehe thank you 

Zzzzura 
Administrator

3/08/2022 5:52 pm  #247

Hi just kinda disappeared from all the forums for half a month. Sorry lol oof
I still haven't been able to look at your stuff, sorry. All my different devices have different capabilities, and so that means that my device that can look at Discord somehow can't actually open these forums (the posts, to be precise. It gets stuck on the main page and can't open Desktop view). Anyhow, I'll get to it at some point :3.
Hope this past half-month has gone alright for you!

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

3/10/2022 11:12 pm  #248

No worries lol. I've been busy with stuff too. 

Zzzzura 
Administrator

3/25/2022 8:00 pm  #249

I was only able to look at a few before the phone said no, but the posing for one of the pieces was super cool. The background too xD, very dramatic :D

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

3/27/2022 4:23 pm  #250

Thanks -wheeze-

Zzzzura 
Administrator

Board footera