The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/28/2020 1:04 am  #1

heyo!

i already said a bit about myself on the main meet the staff thread, but if you didn't read that i'll say it again here. my name in this place is ivy, and i went by the same thing on the wofmb. if you know me from there, woohoo! i've missed you guys. my pronouns are she/her or they/them, both work. anyway, on to the more interesting stuff!

i'm a bad writer, mainly because i have too many ideas and i am never able to finish one project before moving onto the next. i mainly write fanfiction, just because it's easier than creating an entire world with rules and history and characters. on the rare occasion i do write an original story, you'll never know, because that thing will never see the light of day. ever. the most i'll share is maybe a short story that i wrote for a prompt, but even that's unlikely. this got kinda negative, whoops

um... i also like reading! the main genre for me is fantasy / adventure (although i guess that's two genres). i also enjoy a good psychological thriller every now and then, the most notable of them being "behind closed doors". i swear, i have never hated an antagonist as much as i hated the one from that book. it's amazingly well written, and i would definitely recommend it (but only if you like that sort of stuff). 

my other hobbies include gaming (my favorites being overwatch, destiny, fallen order, and cuphead), playing soccer (i'm a defender, in case you cared), and sleeping (though for some reason i never do...). you've probably also noticed that i don't seem to know what a shift key is. don't worry, i do. i just choose not to use one both because i'm lazy and i like having all lowercase characters. i use proper capitalization when writing and when on mobile, but otherwise you'll never see an uppercase out of me. 

i'm always open to chatting! though you'll probably carry the conversation. i'm not very good at that sort of thing. i'm very nice at least i hope i am and if you need to vent i'm happy to listen.

well, this will definitely get edited in the future, but i think it's good for now. a bit long, so sorry about that, but otherwise pretty good. though i'll add most of the important information to my signature anyway

peace!
ivy

ivy
she/her - writer reader
:D

Board footera