The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/06/2020 11:50 am  #26

Re: Midnight City |•| A FWRP by Rune

@Specter, I suppose there's a couple ways that could happen. If the older sibling had taken the test and ended up in a higher or lower class, then they would be in different classes. 
There's also the possibility of divorce and remarriage. Let's say there's two kids, and each kept custody over one. Parent 1 remarried and went up a class, and therefore by default, the child Parent 1 had custody over went up a class too. Meanwhile, Parent 2 did not remarry, and so neither the parent or the kid moved classes. 
{Usually, if someone marries someone of a different class, they'll go up to the higher one. It's rare to move down a class, but there's no laws against it.}

You can't buy your way into having a higher class level. 

8/06/2020 2:52 pm  #27

1 of 3 incoming!

Name:  Finneas Flanagan 

Nickname{s}: Finn 

Gender/Pronouns:  male + he/him 

Sexuality:  gay 

Class:  lower working class 

Appearance:  Finneas is 5'9 and gains an extra inch or two depending on the shoes he's wearing. He's of slight build [skinny legend, mayhaps?] in the way that he's not well-fed but once was enough to build substantial muscle. he's pretty flexible though, and he tries his best to stay hydrated, so there's that. his hair is strawberry blonde [though more strawberry than blonde - it's likely he dyes it pinker for the aesthetic] and the tips are bleached to a pale yellow colour. It's long for a short cut - falling over his eyes in the front, but he gives it an undercut for edge and practicality. his skin is pale from lack of light and any freckles he once had are faded now. His eyes are a pale blue shot with green, and they're often a bit teary if he's trying to focus on something. his eyesight isn't great, so he wears contacts, or, occasionally, big blocky glasses. the prescriptions on those are a bit old though, so he still struggles to see things more than a couple feet away from him. 

Clothing Preference:  Finneas prefers soft, cool colours. when not in work uniform, he'll usually wear long-sleeved shirts and faded jeans, as well as a beat-up pair of sneakers. he has a star pendant necklace that's very dear to him as well, and he usually wears it under his shirt. 

Personality:  despite his soft appearance, Finneas isn't very...soft. He used to be, until his dyslexia got in the way of him being able to pass the class exam, he got kicked out of the house, and had to adapt to a harsher life very quickly. Now, he’s more intense. he's friendly, sure, but he's never hesitant to defend himself if something goes awry. he tends to hoard the resources he does have because he's worried he'll lose them, and, if desperate, can be pushed to steal to support himself. He doesn’t really have any other friends other than his siblings, though not for lack of trying. He tends to get dropped by other people because his schedule is weird, or they don’t want to deal with his problems. When he connects with people, he tends to share too much too quickly, because he doesn’t have a good outlet to process his emotions.

Likes:  warm blankets, string lights, being read to, cool face paint, iced coffee and hot tea

Dislikes:  trying to read, higher-class snobbery, rude people, police who get violent with homeless people, mining noise

Backstory:  Finneas was born to a high-ranking duke and dutchess and is the oldest of three siblings. He was on-track to inherit all of his parents' wealth and property, but flunked the class exam. his parents weren't too concerned [they had two other chances, after all] and they kicked him out.  after a traumatic stint of homelessness and several near-death experiences in and out of the mines, he managed to land a job outside of mining after asking [read:  begging] the coffeehouse owner to hire him. despite being very dyslexic and struggling to read, he's very good with numbers and remembering recipes, so he does a lot of the baking and drink-making.

Job/Career?:  currently a cafe/coffeehouse worker and also does odd jobs for extra money, but he wants to be an explorer, or even leave midnight city someday.

Ability:  can sense what metals are just by touching them, and he's excellent at finding his way around in caves, even without echolocation. he's also pretty good at telling what a metal is when something else strikes it [ie a pickaxe].

Crush/Shippable?:  perhaps 

Other:  sunrise

xenon 
he/him || god of scones || brian david gilbert stan
gemini // mirage // the copy
too many forks, not enough spoons

8/06/2020 3:02 pm  #28

@Xenon, accepted!

8/09/2020 6:19 pm  #29

I'm just going to bookmark this... 👀

And just wondering, (I haven't read much of the text yet sorry waoeifneowi the plot seemed interesting enough ) I'll get to reading the rest later) how many characters are we allowed to have?

↠nightwolf↞
| [pronouns don't matter to me] | [anime + kpop] |
↬trying my best not to get nervous lol↫

8/09/2020 6:40 pm  #30

@Nightwolf -- There's no limit! Well, ok, there is a limit to only having one Presidential Family character, but other than that, you're welcome to have as many characters as you'd like!

Also, side note, I'm just finishing up my character's form! I've been a bit stuck on her personality, so it's been taking a while XD. A day or two after I've gotten my form out will be when I'll get the starting thread for the FWRP out!

Last edited by Rune01 (8/09/2020 6:42 pm)

8/09/2020 8:51 pm  #31

Name: Adeena Monstrone
°Nickname{s}: Addy
°Grade: 12 -- Senior year
Gender/Pronouns: Female; she/her
Sexuality: Straight
Class: Presidential Family 

Appearance: Adeena's straight, golden brown hair is cut short; it falls hardly longer than halfway down her neck. Oftentimes, she'll pull back part of her hair to make a half ponytail to prevent her long bangs from getting in the way of her bright green eyes. Adeena's skin is of a very light complexion, simply because she hasn't ever seen daylight. She has no freckles or scars. She stands at roughly 5'6", and has an average build. 
Clothing Preference: Adenna enjoys wearing lightly colored clothes, like a light pink, mint green or a baby blue. Her typical style of clothing is knee-length skirts with an off the shoulder top and a pair of heeled boots. In addition, she likes wearing necklaces with topaz or opals. Sometimes she can be seen wearing a necklace with a single shimmerstone charm shaped like a bat. 
Personality: A good way to sum up Adeena in two words would be determined and controlling. She tends to commonly come off as rude, bossy or sarcastic, but deep down she's got a kind heart. A lot of the time, Adeena has difficulties working with other people, and especially so when she's not the one in charge. She's not one for humor, and doesn't laugh much. Adeena is also very ambitious and would greatly appreciate any position of power. 
°Likes: Being in charge, history class, shimmerstone
°Dislikes: Having it pointed out that she's the younger twin, math, jokes -- especially cheesy ones

°Backstory: Adeena is the younger child out of a pair of twins. There wasn't anything significant that happened throughout her childhood. 
°Job/Career?: Currently none, but she has her heart set on being the next President. If she can't become President, then she has backup plans for being a duchess. 
°Ability: Echolocation! She can "see" things up to about five feet away, but no further. In addition, she can only make out what might be in front of her at the time she releases the high pitched sounds that, might I add, only she can hear. 
°Crush/Shippable?: Open and shippable!
Other: -- PoV color

8/09/2020 9:56 pm  #32

Just wondering, I'm assuming the roleplay starts before December? This way the ages will be easier to do lol.

↠nightwolf↞

8/09/2020 10:21 pm  #33

@Nightwold -- Yeah, it starts before December! I'm planning to have the starting these be a bit old festival. 

8/10/2020 10:39 am  #34

Name: NightWolf Solipheral
Nickname{s}: NW, Night, Wolf—any shorter abbreviations of NightWolf.
Grade {9-12}: 9
Gender/Pronouns: Gender and pronoun indifferent. I will just randomize the pronoun each time I roleplay as him/her/them.
Sexuality: Pansexual (I typed peansexual i-)
Class: Higher working class.

Appearance: NightWolf is rather short, standing at 5’3, and has a rather thin built. They usually have black hair cut rather short, just a little above their shoulder. Depending on how they’re feeling, they might have their hair cut two block style if they feel masculine. Or maybe they feel more feminine and would grow their hair out longer but nothing too long. NightWolf has two light blue lines underneath their left eye. There is no other design.
Clothing Preference: Very plain and simple. NightWolf likes solid-colored shirts (t-shirts in the summer/spring and long-sleeved shirts in the winter/fall.) colored no specific way. Any color is cool. During winter, he wears a hoodie (again solid-colored with no specific color in mind) to stay warm with a self-made cut for his ears to go through. He wears black pants and maybe occasionally shorts of various colors in the summer. He has white socks and Converses of many various colors.
Personality: NightWolf is shy and nervous around people when she first meets them, but warms up rather quickly. She tends stay alone naturally but she’s fine with joining groups. She is a little awkward and bad at showing affections. She isn’t the best at comforting a person; however, she is a good listener and will be there to listen and offer some advice. She is dense and needs to be told directly what she has to do otherwise she wouldn’t understand. She also doesn’t understand sarcasm well and usually isn’t very sarcastic herself. When she is sarcastic, it’s very obvious. NightWolf is usually submissive and too lazy to correct someone, but she will raise her voice if she get provoked big time. She is a logical thinker and easily persuaded over things she finds irrelevant. She’s pretty lazy but when she’s focused onto something she tends to neglect other things. She’s easily distracted as well. NightWolf is usually very nonchalant and calm about things unless they’re important. She is indecisive at minor things and prefers having other people decide for her. She has a tendency to accidentally bottle-up her feelings, so she tries to counteract that by stating how she feels in her head when she’s alone.

Likes: They like music, anime (if this exists in that world lol), reading, writing, drawing, and occasionally gaming. NightWolf also likes sleeping and eating udon ramen. Likes being free and doing nothing but staring at a screen.
Dislikes: Any type of chip other than originals (NightWolf obviously likes plain stuff lol), people who “accidentally” hurt others, people who lie often, not getting straight answers, being proven wrong (anything that affects her pride really). She also dislikes most sugary things other than chocolate and candy canes.

Backstory: There’s nothing really much to NightWolf’s life—he was raised normally. However, his father was often neglectful of him causing him to dislike his father. His mother cared for him a lot (though it was often times tough love.). He’s rather intelligent, so he hopes to score high on the test to make his mother proud.
Job/Career?: He used to aim for president, but then realized that the responsibilities were too much of a hassle so now he wants to be a duke/duchess.
Ability: NightWolf can make up to her forearms glow emerald green.
Crush/Shippable?: No crush and shippable.
Other: Sunrise! And PoV color!!

---

Name: Robin Monstrone
Nickname{s}: Rob, Robby, anything of that sort.
Grade {9-12}: 11
Gender/Pronouns: Genderfluid. Pronouns depends on how he/she/they feel. I’ll refer Robin with they/them pronouns in the form. (Robin was born male.)
Sexuality: Bisexual
Class: Presidential family.

Appearance: Robin has naturally black hair, but they dyed it to grey. Their right bangs are very long and reaches to their chin and their left bangs are cut rather short and curves to the left when their gender is male or gender neutral. When they’re a girl, they have extensions attached to the back of their head to make their hair seem longer. Robin has dark grey eyes and is 5’11 (they’re extremely tall) and has a thin but healthy, athletic build (I’m using too many ‘ands.’) They have five grey dots that curve with their right eye and two more grey lines underneath it. And of course, a grey arrow farthest from the nose.
Clothing Preference: Robin wears oversized shirts tucked into blue jeans (skinny or not) when they’re male. During their gender neutral days, they blindly choose what they wear whether it looks good or not. They also may wear leggings and hoodies/sweatshirts. During their female days, Robin wears blouses tucked into skirts with a denim corduroy jacket. They may also wear white t-shirts with denim jumpsuits.
Personality: Robin is a very calm and nonchalant person. They seem very carefree and tend to enjoy their life as it goes (lives by yolo). They don’t like getting into fights or arguing, as they are too lazy to really do anything back. They aren’t provoked very easily and can take in a lot. Though despite seemingly being very indifferent about things, they have a soft spot for little kids and animals—anything cute in general. Robin does like to flex their high status, but they do try to control themselves. They are not shy at all and very upfront about their feelings to the point where they’re maybe a little too blunt. Robin is very honest and doesn’t bother with lying unless it’s needed. They’re easily distracted and not very smart. They don’t like thinking very hard about things. However when it comes to social cues, Robin is very observant about them. Despite being lazy, they will do whatever it takes to get above 89% on the test. There’s one thing they’re proud of and that’s their status. They’re not easily determined, but when it comes to things like this, they are. Sure, they’re a little arrogant of it, but they just really want to be a good person.
Likes: Sleeping, eating, doing nothing, but Robin is also a pretty athletic person. They like doing sports too. They like cute things too—little kids (oh gosh that does not sound right) and animals (they don’t consider any of them ugly).
Dislikes: Not being able to sleep or eat, being told what to do, and not having his freedom (As they’re not a very compliant person.). Robin dislikes people who are dishonest and sly and have an ulterior motive.

Backstory: Robin was always rather independent and a little rebellious. They wanted freedom to be themselves in a way that made them happy. They didn’t being told what to do either but they knew that they had to continue staying in the higher ranks, therefore leading to their determination to do well on the test. Robin has a soft spot for their siblings, whether or not he shows it and really cares a lot for them (though Robin does like teasing them.).
Job/Career?: Robin’s hoping to stay in the higher ranks.
Ability: Robin has echolocation—simple as that. They can make a high-pitched sound and it reflects back giving them a mental image of what might be ahead of them.
Crush/Shippable?: No one and shippable!!
Other: Sunrise! PoV color!!

Last edited by nightwolf (8/12/2020 10:33 pm)

↠nightwolf↞

8/10/2020 10:55 am  #35

@Nightwolf, both are accepted!

8/10/2020 12:15 pm  #36

Just wondering, when can we start roleplaying? I'm sorry for asking so many questions owjnefoiwna.

↠nightwolf↞

8/10/2020 12:19 pm  #37

@Nightwolf, XD you're fine. I'll be getting the starting thread out tomorrow, and once that's out, you're welcome to start making your own threads!

8/10/2020 1:01 pm  #38

Awesome! Thank you!

↠nightwolf↞

8/10/2020 4:32 pm  #39

Darn that means I'll need to stop procrastinating on the form huh

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
Birds aren't real.

8/10/2020 4:37 pm  #40

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Darn that means I'll need to stop procrastinating on the form huh

-Galaxian-

Yes, yes it does XD

8/11/2020 4:01 am  #41

Name: Ogvyuthijs Miracle Bread
°Nickname{s}: You can call him Bread if Ogvyuthijs is too hard to spell, but something like “Lord Bread” is stretching it a bit.
°Grade: 10; incoming sophomore
Gender/Pronouns: Male// He/him
Sexuality: Uhhh, how do I put this together? Demiromantic/demisexual but also heteroromantic/heterosexual
Class: Lord 

Appearance: Ogvyuthijs has ginger hair and cyan blue eyes, with mostly a regal and placid demeanor that one might expect from someone of his class, though he also carries an air around him that warns that he isn’t quite as mature as one might expect. His eyebrows and eyelashes match the color of his hair. His hair is far from being of a conventional cut--wavy by default, it remains relatively short until the back is revealed, where it is much longer and tied into a low celtic knot. His bangs are mostly loosely brushed to either side, though he leaves a strong curl in the middle. He retains a mostly childish look and isn’t particularly striking in appearance, the only particularly unique feature of his being that he has a simian crease on both of his palms. His skin is with a pink tinge but is not too dark or too light. He is fairly fit and gives off indications of athleticism to some extent, rarely ever staying in a place for too long, and his expressions usually give off a more carefree feeling, hinting that he hasn’t really taken the brunt of any responsibilities and burdens yet. A notable trait is that his cheeks are fairly rounded and even seem to bulge out a bit, as if he has something in his mouth. This has gotten him in trouble for eating in class numerous times and has gotten him made fun of quite a bit as well. 
Despite his prosperous family background, Ogvyuthijs rarely chooses to have anything to “flaunt”, in that sense being fairly modest. The only wooden item he carries with him is a slingshot, and he also bears a bag of marbles, pebbles, gems, et cetera, whose collection he is almost constantly adding to should he have the chance. Other than the slingshot, he has no wooden belongings that he would carry with him and would laugh at the prospect of having a wooden figurine of himself--he considers such objects relatively useless. Instead, he can perhaps sometimes be seen with a wooden training sword in his quarters, but even that isn’t a belonging of his, and even if it were, he wouldn’t carry it around.
Unfortunately for him, he’s usually required to wear face paint on special days. On such days, he has two connecting lines underneath his eyes; their color depends on whatever color was chosen that day. He then has light blue dots--four in total--on the top lids of both eyes, and red markings as if continuing his eyebrows, though these marks are short and abrupt. He will also have a bright orange fermata on his right cheek and a lime green sun or mane-like symbol on his left cheek. 
Clothing Preference: True to his class, Ogvyuthijs doesn’t dress that casually, though he also doesn’t dress too flamboyantly either. His clothing preferences are usually centered around certain types of clothing, and once a type of clothing is chosen, his wardrobe has it formatted to just about any color. His most common combination of articles of clothing include a surcoat, which has wide but short sleeves and large shoulder pads that in the long run probably won’t serve as much protection. However, underneath the surcoat isn’t anything really expensive or show-off-y, since it’s just a long-sleeved tunic most of the time. He usually sticks to long sleeves (as in sleeves past the elbow). Around his waist is a wide belt with a silver clasp, and his shoulder pads secure the chains of a hanging gold medallion that is usually lopsided instead of being centered. The surcoat itself ends above the hips and is fairly wide at its bottom, and on formal occasions, he usually wears scarlet, blue, reddish brown, or some combination of those colors. Otherwise he usually goes for lighter and more casual colors, such as a bright blue. On the bottom, he usually wears jodhpurs and high boots that are square at the toe and made out of black leather. Because he’s not allowed to take off the gold medallion in public, he sometimes opts to wear lighter clothing to compensate, and this is usually a tight waistcoat along with his usual sort of loose tunic and fitting breeches. He usually opts out of the additional coat above the waistcoat unless he feels that it’s needed. Bread does wear gloves of a sort, though they don’t necessarily cover his hands; instead, they’re more like bands around his wrists that extend partially up the top of his hands to coverings that start from his second joint (in accordance for the base joint being the first one, the count increasing with each upper joint).On formal occasions, Bread will sometimes wear a hat embedded with various jewels, though he usually doesn’t like wearing it; he will also sometimes wear a black or navy blazer with bronze buttons (and a convenient pair of patch pockets). The worst parts (in his opinion) of formal clothing are nail-like extensions that he has to wear on his fingers that start from his second joint. When venturing to colder areas, he usually wears a fluffy and fuzzy scarf.  

Personality: Bread is kind of just someone who doesn’t tend to give off huge impressions of any sort at any given time. He may seem capable (and he is), but he doesn’t seem exactly like the type of person who’d change a large part of the world, and he doesn’t retain huge memorable qualities to him. He’s not the nicest person or the best friend or the funniest guy around, and even in the long term, he doesn’t really ever set huge goals for himself--he just sets some goals when needed and looks ahead to the future, sometimes with trepidation, sometimes with wonder. He doesn’t have many close friends and, when he does have friends, they’re usually much closer with others than they are with him. He isn’t really accustomed to interacting with most others a lot beyond just basic and non-meaningful interactions (too much social interaction kinda drains him over time too) and so usually just keeps to relationships he already has. Sure, he might go meet new people, but he’s not really one to go above and beyond and continue seeking out new ways to strengthen relationships. 
Going with his social class, he’s pretty used to how to interact formally and usually just tries to keep out of trouble, but he does sometimes do stupid things despite knowing they might get him in trouble. How to say it? He sometimes does things by impulse instead of listening to his common sense but is mostly a pretty good person to ask for advice. Regardless, Ogvyuthijs really likes it when others seek his company and when they do so, he’s really a supportive and helpful friend. He doesn’t ask much from others beyond their efforts to reach him (and basic sincerity) and wouldn’t hesitate to help them out. He’s relatively cheerful by nature and is fairly receptive of others’ emotions, though he does prefer to solve a problem rather than passively complain about it. That’s also why Bread isn’t a complainer, really; of course, he does sometimes go into rants, but he usually feels negatively about people who rant extensively, including himself, and instead would rather act.
All that isn’t really to say that Ogvyuthijs is the type of person to go “go go go” all the time; in fact, he actually seems more lazy than anything and would definitely consider himself lazy. Even in terms of academics, he’s not necessarily studious. He sometimes tends to procrastinate on things, and since he gets them done anyways, he’s never really broken the habit. Of course, he gets things done the way he wants and will go above and beyond, but he just doesn’t seem like the conventional hard worker. He also really doesn’t really care if others are being lazy either (unless it’s a group project or something).  
As for the way he views himself, Ogvyuthijs has fluctuating self-esteem issues. He mostly holds himself confidently, but at times he has extreme self-doubting issues. There are points he’s incredibly sensitive to, which also means sometimes he will take offense to small things and then laugh at other times while he’s being teased. However, he does not tolerate bullying. Bread also isn’t really the most peaceful person either, and while he tries to avoid conflict, he isn’t going to back down if someone challenges him to a fight...given that he knows he has a chance of winning at least, that is.Bread also does understand that no one is the same or perfect, and so in that sense he remains fairly accepting. He’s pretty flexible and willing to change his thoughts/beliefs, even if it may not be that easy for him to do so. He also does strive to improve himself and be the best person he can, though of course that’s not really an active priority all the time.  He doesn’t really have any differentiating views towards people of different classes except that he will definitely interact with higher class adults than those of lower classes, and that’s just by how circumstances set the default. But when he does interact with anyone, he doesn’t really think of them differently at all, even if he does know differently classed adults mean that they just didn’t do as well on the senior test. However, he does keep in mind that they might’ve had lesser/different circumstances in general and so doesn’t judge them upon just that. In general, he really just isn’t a very extensively judgmental person, but he does retain strong opinions of his own just as most, if not everyone else, does. 
Bread’s biggest dream is to go out to the upper world and do something, someday, but at the moment it’s a blurry goal and so, until then, he’ll work on achieving the goal and defining it.  
°Likes: Productivity, bread, jam, butter (a small amount of it), mushrooms (including the poisonous types), collections, new hobbies, reaching huge goals, making others happy, being happy, living life the way he wants to, friends/friendliness, free time, spending time with others he wants to spend time with, animals, nature, plants in general, new things when they don’t try to eat you, fluffy pillows, glowing things (exempting face paint when it’s put on for too long, which is usually), darkness (but not total darkness), sweets, creativity, rocks/minerals/gems, exploring, cooler temperatures, light armor, swords, most food, pets, music, small spaces he can fit in
°Dislikes: Overconfidence, bullies, overbearing expectations, rudeness, clashes with others, overbearingness, bragging, complaining, having to wake up early for school, too much clothing, overcomplications, too much stuff on his face/makeup, boredom, heavy things (especially having to carry them), soda, when things that aren’t supposed to be politicized is politicized, finding gum stuck under any desk in his vicinity 

°Backstory: Ogvyuthijs is the son of a lord, his father, and a duke, his mother. His surname is from his mother and his middle name’s source has yet to be told to him. His mother is a very capable governor and his dad is a hardworking lord in charge of part of the military in the underground, and because of his mother’s status, he lives in the presidential palace and has lived in it for a while. He’s close with both of his parents and has never had major friction with them, the most serious dent in their relationship having been temporary products of the most rebellious stage that occurred around 2 years ago at age 12. Currently, he doesn’t seem to exhibit any signs of having another stage again, or at least, not a severe one. Their family has had their share of hardships that they’ve overcome together, but their story is mostly devoid of the “tragedy” some other kids might have in their background, and so far Ogvyuthijs just aims to at least keep his class as a lord (or perhaps rise to a duke) as the lowest goal that he has for the future and figure out what he wants to do with his life outside of the supposed upcoming formal duties. While the specific number is not yet decided, he does have a few servants who he sees as his friends, but he does not live with his extended family, which is situated elsewhere in the city and outwards, and he is an only child.  
°Job/Career?: He works as a manager at a restaurant at the moment and does a good job at it, and he also sometimes helps scientists/researchers at labs as a volunteer (not as a volunteer test subject, by the way). 
°Ability: Ogvyuthijs has the last ability mentioned--the ability to recognize a rock/metal/mineral through touch. This ability manifests by him knowing the exact properties of whatever element it’s composed of and thus being able to figure out what composes it (in the case of a rock). He is able to read a specific property instead of all of them, but he can’t limit the reading further. One or all, as the (probably nonexistent) saying goes. Through specific properties, he’s able to sense the size and shape of formations to a certain extent, helping in navigation. He also retains an extent of better night vision than those in the overworld. Furthermore, he has an instinctive compass that constantly points him towards the West and can easily navigate dark passageways.
Unrelated to the above, Ogvyuthijs is trained in combat by his father and retains sufficient reflexes and instincts (as well as physique and mind) so to easier win a fight if one comes up. He’s trained in using weapons and is knowledgeable in the use of war utilities as well.   

°Crush/Shippable?: He does not have a crush and is not interested in finding one as of the moment. He also does not plan on dating/marrying until later on. 
Other: Sunrise

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
Birds aren't real.

8/11/2020 12:45 pm  #42

@Galaxian, accepted! Wow, his name is a mouthful XD

8/11/2020 6:29 pm  #43

Thank you! It's actually not that bad to pronounce xD.

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

8/11/2020 6:45 pm  #44

Doesn't seem as hard to pronounce as it is to type XD
Anyways I just wanted to say that I am working on my forms and I apologize for the delay in joining such a cool FWRP.

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

8/11/2020 8:18 pm  #45

@Galaxian, sure it isn't XD

@Specter, take your time! The signups will stay open for as long as the FWRP lives!

8/12/2020 10:24 am  #46

Name: Anjo DaLuss
Nicknames: *shrug* He doesn’t care
Grade: 11th
Gender/pronouns: Male, he/him
Sexuality: Straight
Class: Higher working class
Appearance: Anjo is average height for his age. He’s 5’7’’ and slimly built, or at least it looks like that. His physique looks slightly fragile, yet somehow still sturdy, probably helped by his delicate proportions, soft face, and graceful movements. It is the opposite, though, as Anjo does work out a bit. There’s muscle in his upper arms and torso but this is normally hidden by clothing and therefore can’t normally be seen. His fair skin color is naturally like that, but it’s a shade of pale far from a sickly tone. His cheeks and lips have a bit of a rosy tint. Even if refined and clear, Anjo still has a boyish face. He looks as if he’s in the border between full-on-teenagerhood and young-adultness (which is a word I just invented). Now, Anjo’s eyes are quite stunning, or so they’re said to be. Their shape is pretty normal if a little large, and they’ve got plentiful blonde eyelashes around the upper eyelid. The iris is a strong blue color similar to that of clear sapphires. They’re the most attention-catching part of his face.  Anjo’s hair is yellowish, a very light shade that borders on the duller side of platinum blonde. It’s mostly straight except for the tips, which curl impressively when compared to the rest of the hair. The hair is just to Anjo’s shoulderblades, and he ties it back into a low ponytail most of the time. There are a few bangs on his forehead which are there mostly because they’re shorter than the rest of his hair and therefore would be unruly if he tried to tie them back.
As for face paint, Anjo shows only what is natural for his class. Two yellow parallel lines are always painted underneath his left eye, with the upper one being slightly thicker. If the occasion merits it, he’ll apply some faint dots in the shape of a spiral right underneath the other lines.
Clothing preference: Nothing too fancy and anything as long as it looks good. That’s how Anjo chooses his clothes. He doesn’t really like complicated suits or intricately decorated articles of clothing. Despite his saying that he doesn’t like fancy, he isn’t the type to wear t-shirts everywhere. He often wears dress shirts instead. And for the bottom part, regular jeans or pants suit him just fine. His choice for footwear is generally sturdy boots to ensure a steady step. Most of his clothes are black or other dark colors. He wouldn’t mind lighter colors though.
As a matter of fact, Anjo himself doesn’t really have a developed clothing preference. The one he has at the moment is what his parents have accustomed him to. He… doesn’t care about clothing. He just wants to look presentable, which is a goal he almost always achieves even if he gets into some action at times.
Personality: Anjo is an easygoing guy most of the time. He seems chill, but his facial expression combines this with an aura of cluelessness. It is true that he is overly curious and that this leads to his getting involved with people more than he’d like, but he’s not really naive. He can actually be pretty crafty by himself. Anyways, he really does appear to be in control of himself most of the time, but Anjo’s emotions and impulses have become strong driving forces for his actions lately. He is pretty hot-headed. He’s always been pretty easy to interact with anyways, as he has nothing against talking with others, thinking of everyone as equals. He does have pretty strong opinions though, going a lot by first impressions and feelings, which often override the previous statement. Yes, he is rather stubborn and also unwilling to accept that he might be wrong at times. This doubles as a display of mental fortitude and determination too. He’s extremely loyal too! With the friends he has, he’d stick to them and do absolutely anything for them. And that’s really great because he’s a friendly teen.
He has exercised in being able to focus on his tasks instead of anything else. Because of this, he’s very intense in anything he does. Well, unless he is not interested in the action at all, that is. But Anjo gives his best when he cares to do so. One thing he does feel strongly for is a sense of fairness he has acquired over the years. He can’t tolerate it when others, weaker or not, are put down or mistreated. Here’s where his impulsiveness enters the action… and Anjo can end up in some strange situations. So far, he’s always been able to end up mostly okay, but it doesn’t mean that he should keep on jumping into conflict without thinking about the consequences.
Anjo’s personality is, in general, a lot more complex than he would even care to analyze. New aspects pop up as he faces different situations and makes choices. He doesn’t know everything about himself and finds introspection to be a waste of time. He’s not very focused on that part of thought. Well, Anjo displays different sides of his being depending on the situation and the person(s), so it takes some time to really get to know him. But this doesn’t count as lying or holding up a façade. He is clear and transparent with his emotions and actions most of the time.
Likes: Sugary foods, food, good grades, friendly people, color black, cool videos, action, chilling with his friends, being recognized for his actions, music, popularity (mostly a dream Ig LOL), physical activity, showing off sometimes to controlled extents, jokes, pictures, studying, new places, exploring, fairness, young kiddos, maps, challenges…
Dislikes: Boring things, disappointment, annoying people, bullying in general, meanies, people who don’t like him, accidentally sleeping in/sleeping too much, not having anything to do, bitter foods…
Backstory: Well, going a bit back in time, both parts of Anjo’s family were one of the first to settle in the underground and therefore their genetics had time to change and develop. Alright, so, most parts of his family have always been in the working class (low test scores lol), and he was born into the higher one. As the eldest child, Anjo’s parents have always been pressing him for the best results with high expectations for his future. And it appears to have worked out pretty well, given that Anjo has had wonderful grades in school. School grades, however, are not all there is to life. He also is very good at other things. Anyways, his backstory seems to be normal as far as normality in Midnight City is concerned.
Job/career: None yet :3 unless studying counts as a job.
Ability: Anjo’s ability is bioluminescence. It’s pretty well-developed, as it has been in his family for quite some time, and he can use it as he wishes. In general, Anjo can light up his body to a light-warm yellowish color which transforms him into a sort of human flashlight. All of him (even his hair) can undergo this change. He is also able to concentrate the glow in a specific part of his body for added brightness, as opposed to shining completely and dimly. Of course it is possible for him to temporarily increase the amount of glow to unnatural extents but said action would be going against what his body is adapted to and therefore could cause damage. In any case, he currently does not have a need to do that.
Crush/shippable?: He’s not interested in romance at the moment hah. Anyone else can crush on him Ig but he won’t reciprocate.
Other: Sunrise.

((I forgot the pov color oops))

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (8/12/2020 7:12 pm)

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

8/12/2020 11:03 am  #47

@Specter, accepted!

8/12/2020 7:19 pm  #48

The starting thread is out! Here's the link in case you need it! 
https://scholastic.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=357

8/12/2020 9:35 pm  #49

I looked through the forms a bit and found that Astra and Robin were born in the same year... I think their birthdays are different though since Astra is already 16 and Robin is still 15. I planned for Robin's birthday to be December 25. Hmmm... Then maybe Astra's birthday is earlier in the year?

↠nightwolf↞

8/12/2020 9:45 pm  #50

@Nightwolf, XD you should probably DM Astra about that. Though, Astra might just be a year older? Robin is only 15, right? Both of them might just have a birthday later in the year or something. Also, I'm just now noticing that Robin is 15 and in 11th grade. Usually people in 11th grade are 16-17, so you might want to change that...?

Last edited by Rune01 (8/12/2020 9:47 pm)

Board footera