The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/02/2020 11:02 pm  #51

Re: caffe latte and swords / riri's writing thread

Time wrote:

Well in able to see a "true" ranking, ig we would have to know how many fighters are in ra in total
Do you have a good idea of a population number or something?

How often do you think those ranks change?

Population is about 9.5 million!
Ranking changes with each battle-- if you beat a higher up fighter, your rank can get boosted!

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

8/02/2020 11:04 pm  #52

Can adults also battle as fighters?

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

8/02/2020 11:05 pm  #53

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Can adults also battle as fighters?

They can! The oldest fighter to date was about 48. After the age of 45, it's advised that fighters retire to keep the spots open and to prevent any accidental injuries.

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

8/02/2020 11:44 pm  #54

Wholey moley that's a lot of fighters. If it's 2 percent, that's 186000 fighters

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/02/2020 11:45 pm  #55

hKJNDFSHSJFKA 
in all honesty, fighters would probably be...about less than 1 percent of the population
i miscalculated (as i do)

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

8/02/2020 11:47 pm  #56

OK DID THE PROPER CALCULATIONS
0.00085% of the population is fighters-- which means there are roughly 80 fighters total. 40 minors, 40 adults.

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

8/03/2020 12:22 am  #57

Bruh lol

ok so around 80 fighters yes

Ig it's really rare to find an actual fighters then. So how exactly would a "realistic" rank list look like?

Oh how fast can one climb the ranks, or ranks switch?

Sorry for all these questions, I'm just wondering a lot.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/03/2020 3:30 am  #58

Time wrote:

Bruh lol

ok so around 80 fighters yes

Ig it's really rare to find an actual fighters then. So how exactly would a "realistic" rank list look like?

Oh how fast can one climb the ranks, or ranks switch?

Sorry for all these questions, I'm just wondering a lot.

Realistic rank tier list would be a list of forty, with the calculated success rates next to fighter names. There are technically two number one fighters, but the adult number one isn't focused on in this story
Ranks are constantly fluid, so you could fight it out with someone and get them booted down a level. For example, if Abyss were to beat Solamoon in combat, Solamoon would drop to the fourth rank, while Abyss could climb to a rank of two to five!

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

8/03/2020 2:28 pm  #59

Oh so there's kinda like two types? Could adult and younger fighters fight each other?

Oh so kinda if you beat someone reasonably higher up than you, you can get seriously kicked up.

Is the range of 2-5 depending on how good the lower rank beated the other?

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/03/2020 9:40 pm  #60

Time wrote:

Oh so there's kinda like two types? Could adult and younger fighters fight each other?

Oh so kinda if you beat someone reasonably higher up than you, you can get seriously kicked up.

Is the range of 2-5 depending on how good the lower rank beat the other?

Adults and minors can't fight each other due to a logical disadvantage caused by age and physical capabilities.
Yeah! For an example, if #2 and #11 fought each other, #2 might decrease by 2 ranks while #11 would jump up to #7 or #6 if they won.

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

8/03/2020 10:00 pm  #61

Yess interesting yes then much

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/05/2020 5:11 am  #62

gonna dump some Nifty Worldbuilding for RA here

• the rumor squad (chan, kaori, specter and corvus) all have a set of rules that they go by; almost like a sacred set of amendments that they use for their information gathering. the biggest one is to not use information about LGBT topics against other people due to its sensitivity. outing people is the one thing they’ve sworn to not do
  • earth elementals have an old wive’s tale that if a person has a good heart, butterflies are naturally drawn to them.
  • water elementals have an old wive’s tale that if a person cannot float in saltwater, that their blood has become tainted and heavy with their actions. basically if they don’t float? evil
  • water elementals and sirens have had some of the most healthy friendships and relationships to date!
  • earth elementals and fairies are similar to water elementals and sirens in their friendships
  • air elementals and ventus folk get along particularly well
  • fire elementals and vampires/werewolves get along well too!
  • traditional breakfasts in beat typically have a grain, a protein and some sort of produce. a common breakfast includes short-grain rice with an egg atop of it and pickled vegetables on the side. another option is a simple piece of fish (typically salmon or white fish) next to toast, cucumbers/tomatoes on the side and cream cheese atop the toast.
  • the official pastry of Beat is called the Leaf Bun (title subject to change). made from a basic, soft pretzel-like dough with fillings on the inside. think like a poptart but made from sweet pretzel dough. fillings can be made sweet or savory; combinations include fruits + chocolate or meats and cheese. it got its name from the fact that the colonizers of Beat found out that wrapping the bun with the leaf of a Bluebutton plant would preserve the finish on the bread and keep the food fresh, like a natural wrapping. (subject to change— i actually need to test out a recipe for this)
  • the official plant of Beat is the Bluebutton plant! It’s a leafy bush with large leaves (each leaf is about the size of the average adult male’s hand). it's called the bluebutton plant because the blossoms that the leaves come from are a) blue and b) resemble buttons. Poetic, I know.
  • you can buy pickles of just about any vegetable in beat. in most grocery and convenience stores they sell pickled vegetables, but the best ones always come from fairy or animal-human hybrid farms from the outskirts of beat.
  • there’s a farmer’s market every sunday in beat where fresh produce and handicrafts can be purchased! it takes place at the 3rd stop of the Kusabana line, the same stop closest to RA!Marshall’s house!

more to come, i'm drawing rn lol

Last edited by ghostbunni (8/05/2020 5:16 am)

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

8/05/2020 7:28 am  #63

:0 a Leaf Bun sounds neat
all this world building is :eyes emoji: very nifty indeed

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd
hello :D hope you're having a good day

"The true sky, and songs that cageless soar
Were they not wishes worth fighting for?"

8/05/2020 8:01 am  #64

^^ the commitment you have to fleshing out the world is amazing: like, specifically, baking your own bread recipe?? Absolutely bonkers, wonderful, spectacular

I do have a question sparked by the most recent chapter though. Do you have a reference for what the school’s uniform looks like?

Chan!
she/her
我愛青蛙

8/05/2020 8:21 am  #65

thank you all so much!! that means the world to me 🥺yeah, i'll probably play around with some pretzel recipes to see where i can get with it! it'll be difficult seeing i bake gluten free, but as long as i used a one-for-one flour it should be fine

i do have a reference, however, it's incredibly messy so i need to clean it up properly before i start posting it
with the uniform, it's a mix-and-match set for the summer/spring season and the fall/winter season! very neat. there are multiple variations of what you can wear and there's room for customization in the guidelines! i have some of the guidelines scribbled down too wjkfshdfksdf

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

8/05/2020 2:26 pm  #66

Ooo nifty!

Also

ghostbunni wrote:

water elementals have an old wive’s tale that if a person cannot float in saltwater, that their blood has become tainted and heavy with their actions. basically if they don’t float? evil

So they're the opposite of 1600's Puritans

Call me Marshall. Or Hungry, as that usually describes me.

"Chaos is only an enemy if you're unable to adapt"
-Шухрат Кессикбаев

Dealer of cursed artifacts

Chaotic Neutral energy

T̢h̛e v͝͝oi͜d̷̛ í̶s͘͜͞ ͢͠l̀͞o̵v͝ȩl̛y̸̢,̕͢ ̢̀h͡ǫ҉ṕ̶ ̵͟͏o̧n ҉̛i҉n̷̡

8/05/2020 4:31 pm  #67

yeah I'm kinda just amazed at how much world building you've done, it seems you have an answer for everything.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/05/2020 5:37 pm  #68

^^^ all this stuff about beat is super interesting hehe-

also if/when you test the leaf bun, will you drop the recipe? 👀👀👀

kat !
any prns

8/05/2020 9:27 pm  #69

@Marshall
SDJHFKSFSHK I DIDNT THINK OF THAT BUT U RIGHT

@TIme
thank u so much!! i'm actually really happy with how far i've gotten with worldbuilding

@Meerkat
oh of course!!! i shall Definitely drop the recipe

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

8/06/2020 10:28 am  #70

joys of writing is learning that sheep can't eat mushrooms bcs they could kill them
therefore: ra!corvus has a mushroom intolerance. No I don't make the rules

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

8/06/2020 12:45 pm  #71

Don't let Chan kill him

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/06/2020 4:41 pm  #72

You know, if you combined Corvus and Chan you could either get a full satyr or a whole human

Chan!
she/her
我愛青蛙

8/06/2020 4:56 pm  #73

Both

I'm kinda thinking how often chan knocks people unconscious like, nobody payed attention to corvus when that happened so does that mean it's really commonplace?

Last edited by Time (8/06/2020 4:56 pm)

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/06/2020 5:07 pm  #74

The real reason not to pave over fairy rings: concussion

Chan!
she/her
我愛青蛙

8/06/2020 9:09 pm  #75

@Time no one really worried because he had people around him + chan was there, so it was the cryptid's doing obviously

@Chan a student pulls up a fairy ring, their social security number goes missing the next day

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

Board footera