The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/27/2020 11:16 am  #1

Library of Forgotten Ideas // Autumn's Idea and Writing Thread

Hello! Welcome to the "Library of Forgotten Ideas"! I don't know how much I'll even use this thread but since I don't have a homethread here (yet) I figured I might as well create a thread where I might talk about various ideas that come to mind. I would have called this "The Lost Library" but that's usually the name of my homethreads so that would probably be kinda confusing

Recently I've been in kinda of a creative block; even though I want to write or create something, when I sit down to actually do something, all ideas vanish from my head and I don't really like what I come up with. Hopefully dumping my thoughts into this thread will help with that? I really want to at least start and continuously work on a project before the end of the summer

But anyway, enjoy your stay here! My apologies if I start rambling about nonsense

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd
hello :D hope you're having a good day

"The true sky, and songs that cageless soar
Were they not wishes worth fighting for?"

7/27/2020 11:24 am  #2

Re: Library of Forgotten Ideas // Autumn's Idea and Writing Thread

So I've been thinking about revisiting some of my old stuff and maybe turning it into either a rp or forumfic for this place? Sea of Clouds (which was basically like this sky pirate-type thing) was a rp idea I really liked but I was only barely able to get it off the ground back on the original forums,, maybe I could reboot it, who knows. I think there's probably a few other rp or story ideas that I was also decently happy with,,, maybe I could do something with them
Also my brain just gave me the idea for an Eternal Sonata-inspired forumfic. oh gosh every time I think I'm over that game it just comes back to haunt me

In terms of something I want to write on my own, I kinda want to do something with this one character of mine? I used her for a rp on discord and while I kinda liked her, I feel like my characterization of her just fell apart after some time
So because of that, I wanted to start writing some story with her as the protagonist but I just don't know what the plot of said story would be? I've been thinking about this for about over a month but I still don't have much progress

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

7/27/2020 12:25 pm  #3

alrighty so at this point in time this dumb, very heavily Eternal Sonata-inspired thing has given me an idea, although it's unlikely that I'll actually do something with it

for now, some context: Eternal Sonata is a jrpg that was originally released for the Xbox 360 in 2007; it later got a release on the PS3 in 2008 with added content. I watched a playthrough of the 360 version about a month ago and the plot stuck with me because fjskdfjksdjfl
without going into any major spoilers, the game centers around a fictional version of Frederic Chopin as he is on his deathbed. Most of the plot takes place within Chopin's dream world, where he meets and travels with a number of different people who all more or less share the same aim to stop an evil king from being evil while he has multiple existential crises. I know a lot of people found the story to be kinda all over the place but I had fun with the main themes and the numerous metaphors sprinkled throughout the plot and the dialogue

the idea that I had was a similar set-up with how the story takes place within somebody's dreams, although the plot within the dream will be completely different 
I haven't actually fleshed out this idea at all and I don't think I'll even use it, but it was a random thought

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

7/27/2020 3:42 pm  #4

in other news: I'm almost done with ra!autumn's form! I have no idea why it took so long?? I mean it's probably that creative block I was talking about earlier + procrastination but now I only have like one or two sections left before I'm done with the entire thing

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

7/27/2020 10:47 pm  #5

Ooh the a forumfic sounds cool. I'm sure I'll lift off more with a smaller group community.

It sounds interesting, though the deathbed dreams are kinda sad. And of course people always say "Everything was just a dream" or "it wasn't real" endings are the worst endings, unless if done good.

I'm looking forward to seeing it! Or I haven't checked the sign up thread yet lol

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

7/28/2020 8:33 pm  #6

@Time: I'm glad you think it sounds interesting! I haven't actually thought too much about it yet, so there isn't a sign-up thread; if I think about this enough maybe I'll actually write it, who knows

and yeah : ( deathbed dreams are pretty sad. I know people sometimes get mad at these type of endings (*coughs in a certain murder mystery franchise which I can't mention because it's actually spoilers for that*) but I personally really enjoyed the way ES sets up the dreamworld 

I can't promise I'll be able to pull off anything regarding this yet though so I've been focusing on just trying to come up with a potential plotline that could work

//

thinking about it though, it's also possible that I can set up a rp or choose-your-own-adventure-style thing with a similar basis - honestly I don't know what I'm going to do this idea so I'll just let myself think about it while I go write some essays for ap lang

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

7/30/2020 9:50 am  #7

my brain randomly gave me the idea of making ra!autumn's last name "fey" rather than what I already have down ("quinoctum", which I got from putting a word into latin and shaving off a few letters)
like,,, fey as in fairy. why do I get such dumb ideas sometimes

I also still need to finish up ra!autumn/equinox's form (writing out the personality is pretty much all I have left of the form) but every single time I go to the document to work on it my brain gets sidetracked because I feel like something's off about the design for performance costume hhh 
so guess who's going to try to doodle equinox again jfksljfklsdjfkl

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

7/30/2020 11:05 am  #8

The personality section is almost always the hardest part for me. Good luck :D
👀👀👀 doodle!

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

7/30/2020 1:34 pm  #9

:D ty Specter!! personality is usually the hardest for me too haha
and yeah!! doodle!! I spent longer than I expected on it but I think I'm finally satisfied with the design I have

it's currently wip but here we are 👀 (also sorry the images are so big fjsdlfjdsfk I don't know how to resize them yet)

I still have to draw on the wings and mask on Equinox but here's what I think I'll settle with

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

7/30/2020 1:36 pm  #10

the wings design was almost entirely inspired by the mirrites from tales of the rays fjsdlfkdsjkf I was listening to the opening for the 4th arc while drawing this
I also don't know how to draw feet or weapons I'm sorry :^)

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

7/30/2020 2:08 pm  #11

They look great!! And I can’t draw those either :^) hee hee

👀 ngl I was pretty close to using Equinox as a name somewhere myself, I guess it’s a fairy thing dhdbdbdnw also I thought Fey was like, because of Maya Fey and Mia Fey 👁

Good luck with the rest of your form though!!

Chan!
she/her
我愛青蛙

7/30/2020 2:30 pm  #12

thank you!! and :^) 

and 👀 guess it is a fairy thing! and I will admit, more than half of the reason my brain offered "fey" was probably mia and maya fey fjsdlkfjsdklfjthe the fey->fairy thing was just an extra reason to consider it

and thank you once again!! probably won't finish it today since I need to do a few other things but I'm aiming to (hopefully) get it done by the end of the week so that I can focus all my creative efforts on ap lang :^) good luck with your form!!

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

7/30/2020 3:08 pm  #13

Yeah, makes sense! Like Morgan le Fay dhdbdbdn literally “Morgan the Fairy”

That makes sense, I should start prioritizing my own schoolwork too 😩 aaaaa good luck with Lang though!!

Chan!
she/her
我愛青蛙

8/01/2020 5:00 pm  #14

@Chan: jfkldsjflds yup, Morgan the Fairy,,,
and thank you!! I've made some progress on my first essay but the key word is "some",,,, I still have a lot more to do

//

I should have ra!autumn's form done by tomorrow, hopefully,,,, all I have left is to synthesize what I have down for strengths/weakness and compile it into the personality section
I usually write personality by just thinking about strengths and weaknesses so this actually makes it easier
I also have a completed version of my Equinox doodle done and another sketch from the side so I'll post those some time soon

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

8/01/2020 6:46 pm  #15

Here are a bunch of ra!autumn/equinox related doodles,, I know this is a writing thread but they're not very good anyways fjdkfjdlksfjkl these are mostly just for reference
(sorry if these are really big or if you can't see them, I'm uploading them from discord links because at the current moment that's the best way for me to use pictures,, really sorry)

Notes/Captions:
- The first one has Equinox is a profile view, along with her spear and wings (which I drew before Equinox herself which is why it might look weird fjdslkfjdslkfjklsd). I'm not sure if I'm actually going to stick with the yellow-orange wings, or if I'm going to make them light purple; I'm still deciding
- The second one is the emblem that Equinox has on her gloves and earrings! I realized that I drew it really badly in the actual pictures so I decided to draw it on its own. It's basically just a flower with a leaf that I decided should be used as a symbol for her fjdklsfj
- The third picture is a final version of the sketch I drew the other day; I couldn't get the mask to look right (which is why it's absent from the picture) but other than that, that's more or less what Equinox should look like while in her fighting gear
- Describing the outfit (especially the sleeves because my brain thought that technically three layers of sleeves + ribbons would be fun) on the character form was extremely wordy so I figured having a reference would probably be handy,,, 
- The berry red/light yellow/light purple/black color scheme was chosen partially on a whim,,, originally I was going to go for something more autumn-y (the purple was supposed to be orange) but I felt like there would be too little contrast, making a boring design (and from the perspective that she's supposed to be a performer, I figured I had to make it more interesting)
- (I didn't post the form but) I barely know how a spear is supposed to work so I hope I described her fighting style correctly? The thing in the middle of the spear is supposed to be a grip for her to use while she isn't fighting, I don't really think holding it by the center using only one hand would be very effective because that sounds difficult to balance, even if it's wooden like Equinox's

I tried to make this more writing related by talking about the character herself fjdslkfjklds I should be almost done with her I promise 
No idea why she took so long but the form is almost finalized, I'll probably send it in tomorrow morning

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

8/01/2020 6:57 pm  #16

Awww that's a really nice design uwu I love it.
Also your art style is so cute aaaaaa

I like the wings in yellowish shades, though it's up to you.

8/01/2020 8:09 pm  #17

Yeah your style is super adorable!! I love it sm, Equinox looks amazing 🥺 even if they’re hard to describe I love the sleeves djdjdndnf flowers,,,

Chan!
she/her
我愛青蛙

8/01/2020 9:50 pm  #18

🥺🥺 aww tysm you two!! it really means a lot to hear that from you guys, I glad you like it :D

also ty for the input, Specter! I'll probably go with yellow wings

and yes flowers,,, they're so pretty,, I had to incorporate them somehow fjdljslkf

//

I think my writing has become really rusty as of late??? Words just aren't flowing for me I can't really explain it
Part of it is probably the fact that distance learning meant we didn't have to do essays in English for a few months,,, now that I have to write 4 essays before the end of this month I'm scared about how I'll do lol,,, I should have started this earlier
this experience is a reminder for me to at least try to write something long once a month because the feeling of "I don't know how to write" is not fun

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

8/01/2020 10:06 pm  #19

I get that feeling,,, it’s really scary, especially since it feels like you have to fight for every word

Chan!
she/her
我愛青蛙

8/01/2020 11:25 pm  #20

Oof I'd say mood but I write too much on a constant basis and get writer's block anyways
If it helps any, write something you enjoy/usually write! Maybe like a journal or a fun prompt for yourself or just a quick skit. Once you enjoy it the flow and the pace of the writing itself might come easier?

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
Birds aren't real.

8/02/2020 6:26 am  #21

@Chan: ): yeah,,, it's stressful sometimes

@Galaxian: ty for the suggestions!! I might try some of that

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

8/02/2020 8:38 pm  #22

Autumn? has a rp idea? more likely than you think
I told myself I can't really work on it until I'm done with all my lang stuff though :^),,,, luckily it's an idea I've had for a while (read: since the start of this year) and I actually have quite a bit of lore floating around in my head so I most likely won't forget it
I actually don't know whether it should be a FWRP or regular RP but I'll see,,, I probably shouldn't think too much about the details until I have the time to write it all out on a document, which won't be until I finish my lang

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

8/02/2020 9:06 pm  #23

👀👀 I’m intrigued, but good luck with Lang!! Punch those assignments into the ground

Chan!
she/her
我愛青蛙

8/04/2020 2:25 pm  #24

ty again chan!! I have one of the essays almost fully planned out so far, hopefully I'll be able to finish it soon so I can start on the others

//

in the meanwhile, I might provide tiny teasers and out of context lore for the rp thing I was talking about the other day in this thread :]

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd

8/04/2020 2:26 pm  #25

👀

Board footera