The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/20/2020 3:37 am  #476

Re: Specter's Stash of Sketchy Schemes

I'M
I'M ALMOST DONE
THIS IS AN IMPERFECT WORK OF ART BUT IT'S ALMOST DONE ANYWAYS
AAAAAAA

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

9/20/2020 3:57 am  #477

I finished and I shall now sleep in peace knowing there's one less W.I.P: in my mind.

9/20/2020 6:09 pm  #478

MS Paint be annoying tbh
I found a wip from March I think and I'm trying to finish it but idk it's really weirdΒ 

9/20/2020 6:10 pm  #479

Drawing tablets do not seem to be compatible with MS Paint :')

9/21/2020 5:21 pm  #480

I'm not sure if I'm running out of creativity (would be about time lol) or what because I've noticed repeat hairstyles in my OCs and ummmm wellllll

9/21/2020 5:22 pm  #481

I'm literally just looking at old drawings for fun and all of a sudden I feel overwhelmed with MOTIVATION

9/21/2020 5:23 pm  #482

Might be the cool epic music too idk

9/21/2020 5:30 pm  #483

The "more realistic" eye style my dad suggested is not really working out as I wish it would :') but I think I can try to keep the shape.
Drawing circular pupils and smaller irises is a bit weird for me tho? I normally do vertical ellipses for both the iris and pupil.Β 
I want to include more eyelashes too haha. And stop forgetting the eyelids fkjdhfdk

9/21/2020 9:02 pm  #484

I feel that if I drew faces larger I would be able to add more detail. But drawing them larger means it's harder to proportion...

9/21/2020 9:02 pm  #485

Also btw I failed at drawing and all the motivation fled my body even though my mind still has inspiration

9/22/2020 1:01 am  #486

Doing some random notes for versions of my sona

GGaD!Specter
It's the original version and original design. Trademark red coat and that fringe over their eye. The highlight of their attire is that their shirt has a pacman ghost design which can move its eyes and seems to be alive.
The design for this Specter serves as the base for most if not all others.
The color scheme for clothing is maroon-black-mint green.
The coat is cool because it's a ghosty coat. The lower tips fade inti nothing.

GGaD AgK! AU!Specter
Well, it's a GGaD AU, so they look pretty much the same as ^. What would you expect xD.
"Major" differences in design, however, are the button-up coat, the mint shirt decorated with swirls, and dark red boots. Also, the chain part of their design finally becomes relevant because it's a Teigu ;). This Specter is like the only one who wears their coat's neck correctly too, surprisingly.
I think that's all for this version.

9/22/2020 1:15 am  #487

Rogue AU!Specter (Espectro)
This version is the most different of all versions. It's... unique.
To begin with, it breaks the color scheme. And genetics too by having heterochromia. Rogue!Specter doesn't have a coat and instead has a pink scarf (with invisible pockets) substituting for it.
While they also have short hair, its bangs don't cover the right eye completely. Also Espectro wears clip-ons for their hair to make it look longer
They're also 5' tall, contrasting with the standard 5'7'' height of the regular Specter sona.

Forumsona!Specter
As mentioned in my homethread, I have not really used this version much BUT it exists.
Their clothing is pretty much the same as GGaD!Specter but they have berry-brown boots instead of sneakers. Their choker doesn't have a charm either.
Then... the other difference is the hair? Forum!Specter has long hair (with ambiguous color), but it's cut short at the top and sides plus being tied back so it looks sh ort when seen from the front. The covered eye feature is kept.

Dictator!Specter
Imo this one is pretty cool since it keeps the color scheme yet gives the outfit a little twist. It is in a bit of a more realistic setting, so it makes kinda sense (but this sentence did not).
Ok so the coat is replaced with a long jacket. The high neck and long sleeves are kept and a name tag reading "Dictator" was added. I think they wear a plain mint shirt but I forget :') Then the rest is the same. Boots.
What is interesting here imo is that the chain feature is not worn as a weapon. Or, if it PERHAPS exists that way, it's not visible. Instead there's like a keychain chain hanging from their waist wonder what it means.
This version has longer loose hair with a natural color fade. Black at the top, and brown at the tips. The hair does not fully cover the right eye and that eye's fate hasn't been decided yet. As in, I've not yet determined if it's going to have just a scar or if it will just not be there.

9/22/2020 1:38 am  #488

Rift!Specter (Cadena)
Hmm, well... this Specter has the regular standard clothes for Specter sonas. The difference here would be the addition of a brown belt and that their black boots have soap/green lines decorating the front.
The chains are a weapon, but they're wrapped around Spec's arms inside the coat sleeves.
Then they are also blind in one eye.
There are not many things worthy of being mentioned since this Specter in particular likes to keep things simple.

Rhythm Access!Specter (Exspiravit)
Double design!!!
This version is a tad different, since the species changes from a human/humanoid form to a vampire. So pointy canines are a must. But otherwise RA!Specter doesn't really have vampire traits lol. Except their slightly gray skin maybe, but that's not like super visible.
RA!Specter is supposed to have a Latino appearance too but I can't show that in my drawings because of lack of practice. Rip. At least the genetic colors match.
Anyways, thdir civilian outfit(s) are slightly different. They wear sweaters and leggings but no signature red coat is found. Pastels and black are their aesthetic, different from the stabdard design.
They're half-blind because of terrible vision, and their ESP takes an interesting turn by working more the less they see. That's their reason for covering one eye. It also ties into their fighter outfit like this: by blindfolding themself fully, not only does Specter gain a cool look, but ESP goes to the max and replaces vision. So it has a good reason to be like that.
The outfit for Exspiravit is similar to the standard Specter sona outfit except that it's exclusively in gray hues plus maroon (no mint green). The signature coat is found, as is the little pacman ghost on the shirt. But it's not living this time hehe.
As a fighter, they have one chain whip as the weapon.
Honestly it was very fun for me to design RA Specter if you haven't noticed yet lol.

School of the Cursed!Specter
To be honest, I didn't put a whole lotta effort into designing SotC!Specter. In my opinion, their curse thing makes for a big part of their character :')
Anyways, generic Specter sona appearance but the outfit is a little bit plainer to conform to school standards. Then they also have a missing eye thanks to the curse, plus scars here and there on their skin for the same reason.
Mh yeah I think that's all? Memory isn't sercing me right xD soooo

9/23/2020 11:55 am  #489

9/23/2020 11:55 am  #490

9/23/2020 4:29 pm  #491

sleeby cat

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

9/24/2020 9:32 pm  #492

Said this on my homethraed but I'm mentioning it again
I got a video art course! It's named "Portrait Illustration in Pencil" (IllustraciΓ³n de retratos con lΓ‘pices) and I'm already excited to start it!
Finally, something realistic! Something to please my parents with!

9/24/2020 9:37 pm  #493

Anyways I need to replenish my black acrylic paint for some exercises and I need to buy India ink too (I looked the term up on google, is it correct?). I also need an HB pencil and other two hues in pencil but I forgot. I thinik it was 4B 2H? Not sure here xD

9/24/2020 9:39 pm  #494

Doubt I'll watch the first actual class video tonight but I watched the intro videos and the teacher sounds neat! He's from Argentina (the class is in Spanish obviously) and his works of art are really cool????

9/24/2020 9:44 pm  #495

I dread a little because it's an intermediate-level course and while I know basic art techniques (mostly in theory from middle school classes xD) I haven't really used them much I think?
Tbh IΒ wouldΒ say I know a bit of color theory but I have not learned it like that. And balance of light and dark... hmm... I know how light works, mostly by experimentation and observation... but I hope it fits the standards of the course.

9/24/2020 9:46 pm  #496

Also it's a personal course so I get to watch/do it at my own pace but I see that the comments from other people who are taking the course... I see that they're all adults???
I wonder if I'm worthy xDDD
Only time will tell I guess

9/25/2020 11:56 am  #497

9/25/2020 6:05 pm  #498

Well I mean this really isn't inaccurate if you're talking about what people think xdddd

9/26/2020 10:32 am  #499

Trying to sketch Almendra (character from the forum/first version of BH/DB hehe) in her fighter outfit and I'm realizing she kinda looks like Mordred from Apocrypha?
It might be because of the clothes and also because it's just a pencil sketch. The hair is very different.
Also they both use sword thingies as weapons lol.

9/26/2020 10:35 am  #500

Anyways it's break time for my class so let's see if I can do something nice here.
I've been drawing quite a bit these last days but I can't post anything >:/

Board footera