The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/04/2020 1:57 pm  #26

Re: School of the Cursed Signup |•| Yep, I'm rewriting it

Sorry for taking forever to write this up.

Name: Time Conquest
×Nickname: He doesn’t really care what you call him, whatever really.
Grade: 11
×Sexuality: Straight
Appearance: Time has a thin, athletic body, with dark blue hair, almost seeming that it’s black. His bangs are swept to the left. His skin is a light tan, and his eyes are a warm gold. His height is about 5’7.
Clothing Preference: Time prefers dark-colored clothing, in the form of pants, shirts, and jackets (and shoes too). He wears a lot of dark blue, or you can at least see him wearing some blue daily. Blacks and dark greys are also very common to see him wear. I guess he likes jackets that are thick and have a hood too? Yeah.
Personality: Time is the serious and calm one of the group. He just in general has a serious guy. He’s fairly blunt as well, he doesn’t like to sugarcoat things, and things to be sugar-coated for him. On the topic of things not wanting to be sugar-coated for him, he doesn’t want people to hide away things from him either. He’s smart and perceptive, he’s not good at analyzing people’s emotions, more so he’s better at objects or people’s body language.
Time isn’t one quick to start trusting others, he’s fairly suspicious when upon meeting someone. You don’t know who they are, you don’t know what they want? They could want anything. If Time knows them for a long time and can seem to understand who they are, he’ll come around to place his trust in them.
He spends plenty of time trying to learn more or trying to control his power. Because it’s powerful, and he wants to use this power to the best of his ability, not just be a loose cannon with it. Maybe he might want to help others control or understand their power more as well if he has time and isn’t studying his own.
×Likes: A quiet nice area to study and just think in, reading, being in control of his power, studying, and learning more about magic, puzzles
×Dislikes: When his power randomly activates (it makes him feel not in control), idiots of all kinds, when his quiet area to study is loudly disturbed.
×Greatest Fear: Losing full control of his power, or not achieving his goal of controlling it. (as it would be so much potential wasted)
×Hobbies: Studying (primarily magic), Reading books (non-fiction), learning more, and trying to control his power, puzzles.
Power/Curse: Time, much like his name, has some time manipulation powers. Of course, it’s not complete control and such. As it is fairly hard to control. He can go forward and backward, slow it down and speed it up. Maybe even stop for a few seconds. But he can’t do anything crazy like making new timelines and stuff.
Strengths:
> Op power. With lots of training, he can use it to its full potential.
> Perceptive and intelligent
> Good problem-solving.
Weaknesses:
> Power is extremely draining. 
> Power requires more training and control to use it more effectively.
> Doesn’t often tell people stuff
> Doesn’t either ask for help as well often.
Crush/Shippable?: Yesss
Can they be injured?: Yesss
Can they be killed?: Uh, preferably not, but if so can it be cool?
Other: Blessed

Last edited by Time (6/04/2020 2:04 pm)

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

6/04/2020 2:05 pm  #27

Why does every time I post, the form's format goes flop?

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

6/04/2020 2:41 pm  #28

@Time, so is it still controlled by a sneeze like it was last time? Also, that happened to me untill I realized if I clicked the option that says "paste as plain text" keeps it from getting messed up. 

On a different note, the prologue should hopefully be out today!

6/04/2020 3:54 pm  #29

I mean, I guess that's a possible way of him not being able to control his power. I'm sure there is other ways that he can accidentally trigger it as well.

So I kinda say... not really? I don't think it was controlled by sneezes in the first place, it's kinda just really hard to control and plenty of things might accidentally trigger it.

Oh I see, thank you!

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

6/04/2020 4:59 pm  #30

@Time, all I remember is he sneezed and then travelled back XD. If you could just add a way that it's usually triggered, that would be great. It could be as simple being threatened

6/04/2020 6:00 pm  #31

uhhh I would say that it can be accidentally triggered by being startled/caught off guard/something sudden, or maybe lots of emotion. I'm sure there are other things that trigger it, but I can't think of others atm oof.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

6/04/2020 6:01 pm  #32

Name: Thunderstorm Atwater
xNickname{s}: Thundy, TS (the first one is usually reserved for close friends)
×Sexuality: Ace/Aro 
Appearance: Thunderstorm’s hair is dark brown and chin-length, with light blue tips. Her eyes are more of a stormy gray-blue and almond-shape. Her skin is olive-colored, and her build is pretty average. She stands at around 5’8”. 
Clothing Preference: Thunderstorm tends to wear comfortable, sporty clothing -- cool-colored quarter-zips, jackets, and shirts, with black yoga pants and blue converses. If headphones are a thing in this universe, she also has a pair of those: dark blue headphones with mint green accents. 
Personality: Thunderstorm is not the type of person who likes to stand out. She’s rather quiet and reserved, and can be rather anxious about interacting with other people. Thunderstorm is a pretty intelligent and hard-working person, though, who can work late into the night to finish something she’s passionate about. She tends to put up a front in school, being more skeptical and even cold around unfamiliar students, and more often than not analyzing and observing their actions. Around her friends, though, she’s much more open, witty, and sarcastic. Thunderstorm can be rather protective and caring toward her friends, and tends to listen to them vent when they have a rough day.
×Likes:  Cats, drawing, listening to music, reading, writing
×Dislikes: Large crowds, loud noises, and being the center of attention.
×Greatest Fear: Public speaking
×Hobbies: Drawing, writing, reading, listening to music 
Power/Curse: Thunderstorm’s power is the ability to discharge electricity whenever she feels threatened or anxious. When this happens, blue electricity surrounds her body and the area around herself. She can’t control it that well and it gives her large headaches, but it does succeed in protecting her if she’s threatened by someone.
Strengths:
>Thunderstorm’s intelligent and creative, making her a good problem-solver.
>Thunderstorm’s power can protect her if she feels threatened.
Weaknesses: 
>Thunderstorm is pretty shy and anxious in social situations.
>Using her power causes her to have painful headaches and migraines. 
Crush/Shippable?: Nope
Can they be injured?: Yes
Can they be killed?: If you must

Last edited by SongOfStorms (6/04/2020 6:01 pm)

~Thunderstorm~
she/they | writer | cat lover | chaotic tired
abyss and revenant
"Just a little time... just a little something else instead..."

6/04/2020 6:18 pm  #33

@Time, ok, that's fine. Accepted!

@Thunderstorm, exactly how big is the area around herself that gets covered with lightning?

6/04/2020 6:20 pm  #34

hmm... about a 5 foot radius around her

~Thunderstorm~
she/they | writer | cat lover | chaotic tired
abyss and revenant
"Just a little time... just a little something else instead..."

6/04/2020 6:22 pm  #35

Ok, thank you! Accepted.

6/05/2020 12:36 am  #36

Name: Rebel Starwings
×Nicknames: None
Grade: 12

Appearance: Rebel has straight, dark red hair that goes to the end of her shoulder-blades in length. Her hair has dark purple streaks throughout. She almost never wears her hair down, instead opting for some sort of ponytail or braid, and will wear her hair in a bun on occasion. She has piercing pale blue eyes, with her left eye having some darker flecks in it. Her eyes are an average size and have a slightly upwards slant to them. She has a smattering of freckles across her cheeks and the bridge of her nose, and has fairly pale skin that burns when in the sun for too long. She has standard piercings in both of her ears, with three additional ones in her left. She has an ouroboros tattoo around each of her wrists in the style of the Santa Clara Vanguard one from their 2017 show in shades of black, gray, and red. She has a ghostlight symbol (search up blue devils ghostlight, its that lantern with the smoky bits swirling around) above the ouroboros on her left lower arm part. She is about 5’8”, and is on the thinner side, but otherwise average in build.
Clothing Preference: Rebel prefers to wear more formal style clothing, though she will also wear comfortable clothing. She often wears darker colored things with pops of color, though she will wear light colored things. She doesn’t wear dresses often, but she doesn’t hate to wear them. She has a tendency to not wear long sleeves, instead wearing jackets. She likes sweatshirts, but she will wear other jackets. If not wearing one, she often has a jacket tied around her waist. She wears earrings fairly often, and almost always has a pair of sunglasses with her, either over her eyes or on top of her head. She pretty much always wears boots of sort, most commonly being some form of riding boots. All of her boots are black, though some have colored thread designs on the sides.
Personality: Rebel is often quiet, though she isn’t shy. She isn’t the best at making friends, but the friends that she does have are good ones. She has a tendency to come off as aloof to others, but its not intentional; rather, she just isn’t the most outgoing of people, and has a tendency to keep to herself. She does like to be alone, but not all the time. She is quite intelligent, and enjoys logic puzzles and the like (in other words, challenging herself). She is ambitious, and a bit of a perfectionist, often wanting to have something be just right. She is prone to overthinking things, and she is a bit nocturnal, often staying up late. She doesn’t like to wake up early, and she isn’t the best socializer. She enjoys reading, and she is somewhat tech savvy. She isn’t above ignoring others, and once she focuses on something, she pretty much just tunes the rest of the world out.
×Likes: Books, instrumental pieces, trumpet, Phantom of the Opera, Les Mis, tea (the drink)
×Dislikes: Running, pollen, bugs (rather, she doesn’t like them on her), mud (on her or her belongings), not knowing all the necessary information
×Greatest Fear: Her fire getting out of control, not doing well in competitions and things in that similar vein
×Hobbies: Trumpet, starting stories only to never finish them, reading, listening to music

Power/Curse: Rebel can control and create fire. However, she has practically no control over this. Negative emotions are a good trigger for this, but other things that more or less overwhelm her may do so as well. She can only do this in a sphere with a diameter of 10 feet around her, and beyond that she has no control or the ability to summon a flame. She’s also hotter than usual- in the literal sense. The intensity of the flame varies.
Strengths:
> Rebel can withstand higher temperatures than average.
> She’s fireproof.
> She’s pretty intelligent and good at solving things.
Weaknesses:
> Rebel does not do well with the cold. She hates it, and her fire has a more difficult time spreading.
> Her power can be pretty destructive, especially in the wrong place.
> She can get stuck on small details, and she typically wants things to be just right. If she keeps messing up, she likely will start back over, or try to get it fight. She has a tendency to fixate on things.

Crush/Shippable?: If you really want to
Can they be injured?: Yep
Can they be killed?: Yep
Other: Blessed; left handed

>ℜ𝔢ɮ𝔢𝔩<
Our scarlet eyes will watch you keenly... friend.
And so I arrive!

We shouldn't even dare to think about a secret sneak attack. Perish the thought!

So I guess we're gonna have to... FACE. OFF.

The hydra was better.

6/05/2020 2:24 pm  #37

@Rebel, Accepted!

6/11/2020 11:58 am  #38

Oof, I can't quite seem to have access at the moment where my forms are kept but if you want to use the old forms I used last time, you can. I'll just send the updated ones as soon as I can and they shouldn't be that much different?? Eheh

You will be forever w a t c h e
{Did I mention that this is Fallon?}
{She/Her}

6/11/2020 12:01 pm  #39

That works! I still have the old forms. 

Alright, I'm closing signups for now then. 

6/11/2020 12:25 pm  #40

Take it back, here are the "updated forms! XDD

Name: Fallon Heartsong
*Nicknames: {shrugs}
Grade: 10 or 11 {Up to you}
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance: Fallon has slightly tanned skin, lighter than tanned but darker than fair, with long black hair that about mid back, which frames her face with her bangs parted on the right side and usually a braid placed over her left shoulder, though she'll put it in a low ponytail as well. She has slightly almond-shaped eyes, going more of the shape when she smiles; her left eye is emerald green, while her right eyes are silver, almost making her look like she's blind or lost her eyesight in that eye. She has a slightly round face but narrows at the cheekbone and chin, not too narrow though. She's a bit thinner than average build, with long legs and a short torso, standing at about 5'6.5" to almost 5'7".
Clothing Preference: Fallon wears either slightly tight black sports pants that have two white stripes down the sides and a black or maroon hoodie with a t-shirt underneath it sometimes (or she'll just wear an undershirt), and Nike tennis shoes or a leather jacket with cotton sleeves and hood, with a black or dark gray shirt underneath and black, gray, or marron tight jeans, and black slightly above knee boots with a half inch heel. She also wears a silver chain necklace that has a silver dragon charm with emerald eyes, holding a small moonstone and a gold feather charm as well.
Personality: Fallon is sometimes serious and a slight introvert. But once you get to know her, she can be an extrovert and laugh when it's time to be funny, plus quick-witted. Though she’s extremely cautious of others, when she starts to know others, she cares for others' feelings, comforting them, and is very helpful or can be when needed help. She acts tough, though she's emotional inside. If she gets hurt emotionally, she’ll try to hold it in and say she’s fine to others, but will break down sometimes into tears when she’s alone or with someone she is really, really, really close with. She'll do things sometimes without being asked, and will get a job done if it's not finished. She does have a temper that will blow off if she's angered, stressed, or you caught her in a bad mood, which is not good. But when she knows you and accepts you as a friend, she will fiercely protect her friends, whatever the cost. She’s rarely afraid of things, and if she is afraid, she’ll just act like it’s nothing though, inside her, it’s shaking with fear.
Curse: She can turn into a large dragon, but her transformation is completely random. When she turns into a dragon, she becomes destructive and can’t control her body. The curse is mostly from her right silver eye, which I guess isn’t really a curse. That eye can only see black and white but it’s special because it can see weaknesses/energy source {or whatever, I’m letting you choose for what’s necessary for the fic} in color.
*Opinion on Curse?: She's neutral about it but can be either afraid of it hurting people or is proud of it and hopes she can learn how to use it properly. {Up to you; you can surprise me for all I care ;)}
*Can they be severely injured?: Yes
*Can they be killed?: I guess
*Crush/shippable?: Yes
-Alternative Appearance: Her dragon appearance is similar to a NightWing’s, but with silver scales around her eyes and down the sides of her neck, body, and tail. She doesn’t have the silver specks on the underside of the membranes, but has spikes from the back of her neck, down the spine to the tip of her tail. Her eyes stay the same color but looks like dragon eyes in this appearance.

Name: Travis Collins
*Nicknames:
Grade: 12
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance: Travis is about 6'5" {you can shorten his height if need be}, with a thin, yet lean build with long limbs and slightly broad shoulders with pale skin. He has blonde hair that is slightly long, covering the right side of his face. His eyes are a pale white icy blue that has like a white snowflake design in them that can also strike fear in those who look at them, even if he wasn't glaring at the person. He has a narrow face with a sharp and sturdy jawline. His back is covered with strange scares, as well as his hands and across his right eye from above the eyebrow to his cheek. He is mostly seen with his hood on, as if hiding himself from the world and sometimes reading books that mostly reflect himself.
Clothing Preference: Travis mostly wears jeans of dark gray or black with gray Adidas sports shoes, with a black hoodie or light thin jacket with a white shirt underneath. He also wears dark gloves to hide his scars and  one of those single-strapped black backpacks in which he carries his two books in; his sketchbook and notebook to write music. Under his hoodie, he wears a silver chain necklace that has a locket. Inside the locket, on one side, is a picture of his parents and on the other, his sister, who are all dead. {May or may not be because of him ;).}
Personality: Travis is quite distant of others, not necessarily shy, just…distant, not wanting to be around others. He may be like this due to something that happened to him in his past, which may or may not explain his scars. He can get pretty defensive and snappy when asked about his scars, which is why he covers his head with his hood. Whenever he’s seen or around anyone, he is immediately assumed as shady, sketchy, suspicious, dangerous, et cetera. Basically whatever anyone thinks that might sound, ya know. But he not only has scars on the outside of his body, but also the inside. He had been through a lot in his life that he feels dejected from the world, thinking everyone wishes he would just disappear, which he couldn't blame them for. He actually has a kind heart to animals, especially cats, and young kids who are being bullied or abused, therefore defending/protecting them. He will also protect someone if they’re in danger, though he’ll try to keep his distance once the threat is over. He likes to draw his feelings, memories, whatever, and he’s pretty good at it; also occasionally singing softly/humming to himself and writing music, which sometimes helps ease his fears. He puts his emotions in the his art and music and bottles them up when around others. And at random times, he'll have a kind heart towards someone that needs it, though it won't look like he is, his eyes show it. But that is really rare to see him do.
Curse: His eyes kinda glaze over and makes him look blind, though it's actually ice. When his eyes glaze over {mostly at random though it can definitely happen if he's extremely mad/upset or someone he cares deeply for in his life is being in danger} he has no memory of what happens. Once his eyes clear up, he mostly sees destruction and knows that he had something to do with it, seeing ice all around and his hands sometimes bleeding. In his destructive state, he has the power to control ice or water at large scales. He can even created the two elements even if there are no water resources around and mold them into shapes and if he is really upset, then his ice will become so powerful, it comes out from his back and can break stone walls. But such power can also cause him to injury not only others, but himself.
*Opinion on Curse?: Honestly, he afraid of his curse and wishes he didn't have it. When his eyes cleared up a few times, he found himself nearly choking someone to death or almost killing an individual by stabbing them with an icicle and was frightened at the pure fear in the their eyes. Those images never left his mind and has haunted him in most of his dreams. Every time he looks down at his hands and sees the injuries he had done to himself, he fills up with fear for his curse.
*Can they be severely injured?: Yes
*Can they be killed?: If you need to but preferably no
*Crush/shippable?: Yes
Other: Blessed; because of rumors about his curse has spread like wildfire wherever he is, people don't trust him and look down or hide away from him.

Last edited by ShadowmarkAssassin (6/12/2020 3:14 pm)

You will be forever w a t c h e
{Did I mention that this is Fallon?}
{She/Her}

6/11/2020 1:37 pm  #41

Accepted!

6/11/2020 3:03 pm  #42

Bookmark

-Galaxian-

Last edited by GalaxianExplosion (6/11/2020 6:05 pm)

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
Birds aren't real.

6/11/2020 6:00 pm  #43

Also oof why did the entire second page not show??
Sorry! :D If you ever need another character though, I'll have one :D, good luck with your writing, Rune!

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
Birds aren't real.

6/12/2020 12:23 pm  #44

Coolio! I'll definitely let you know if I need one. And thanks!

7/23/2020 9:31 pm  #45

Name: Hitan Yume
×Nicknames: Nothing particularly, but if you wanna call him something like “Pretty Boy Bookworm” like I do? Go for it. Otherwise he’s had a history of certain people calling him a demon child, and those people usually happen to be the people who don’t like demons. Also, please don’t call him Hitman, autocorrect, thank you.

Appearance: Hitan overall lives up to his nickname and the general impression one would get from his (hopefully non-canon) nickname of “pretty boy bookworm”, being a handsome and arguably beautiful teenager with a mature and placid air and whose facial features have no natural blemish. He is naturally with bright and pale gold eyes that starkly contrast against his less prominent and arguably soft facial features, even more so considering his fairly pale complexion that refuses to tan. The facial feature most prominent other than his eyes would the fairly high bridge to his nose. Even his silver-blond hair is less prominent though still arguably striking in its own right, its length increasing from the bottom of his neck in the front to almost his shoulders in the back. His hair is thick and plentiful, thus usually resulting in more emphasis to either side of his hair due to weight, but his plentiful bangs tend to be much more feathery and changeable in nature, covering the entirety of his ears and often much of his eyes by default. His hairstyle as a whole usually emphasizes the round qualities of his face, even though its structure is actually more heart-shaped in nature.  
His usual expression is a fairly neutral one that leans towards a smile, as if he has an instinct to do so, but his smile is rarely ever sincere even when it does show and his eyes constantly bear a dullness. Perhaps these traits combine to make his expressions inclined by negative feelings pressuring and terrifying, and those inclined by positive emotions insecure and wavering, perhaps even constantly insincere. Put in a shorter way, Hitan is quite scary when he’s mad. However, Hitan isn’t necessarily serious and is often inclined to show changes in emotion.
Considering his height of 5’ 9.6’’, Hitan is seriously underweight, and his mass shows in his slim body shape. Nonetheless, he does not lack in muscle build and retains strength where needed. All in all, Hitan is clearly male and not androgynous.

Clothing Preference: Hitan really doesn’t have much of one, the strictest criteria being that clothing must cover all essential areas and must be flexible for a large amount of movement. Since he’s a guy, this mostly just means he won’t wear sandals, high-heeled footwear, and mostly it seems to mean he never really wears casual wear. In fact, his clothing usually differs from others’ in that it usually consists of at least two layers and gives a more medieval feel in general even if it’s modern wear.
He doesn’t go out if he doesn’t look at least socially acceptable, so his clothes are always clean and ironed, or whatever is needed for individual pieces of clothing. However, his outfits are modest and not particularly fancy even if he’s wearing very formal wear at some point. Hitan almost always wears dark gloves on his hands no matter the weather that start from above the elbows.
No matter what outfit, he always has a feather, white by default, from behind a patch of hair near his left ear. It has impressive durability and can’t seem to be yanked off by anyone. The tip turns a faint but impressive shade of white-gold when he uses magic of any sort and turns into a dark and redder shade near the base (though it’s hard to see with his hair obstructing that part of it) when his curse is acting out.
The final “accessory” of sorts that he always has are as if two incredibly wide pieces of polished silver shoulder armor, covering the entirety of his back and carving around to around his chest, covering his heart and being symmetrical on the other side as well to cover around the same surface area in front. The armor is secured primarily around his shoulder blades and somewhat around his chest area as well.  

Personality: Hitan is someone who is prone to being seen as static, bland, and perhaps even apathetic. If any logic suffices to explain it, it might be that he strives to remain more in the background if possible. Usually, achieving this means pressing down his actual feelings and reactions to anything, limiting his closest relationships to distant friendships, and trying not to make many impressions on others. For instance, he rarely voices his opinions outright, and when he does, it almost always seems more as if a fact than if he has an actual opinion of his own. While he is far from lagging behind other students, he also makes no attempts to stand out; while his posture and such would easily signify someone at least confident in his own views, he usually doesn’t seem to have any initiative in voicing them.
At heart, Hitan is an emotional person forced to abide largely by logic, limiting how he expresses himself to the rest of the world and sometimes even to himself. While he rarely ever acknowledges it, he’s afraid, especially of himself and also of others. Being closer to others means that they are more able to hurt him, after all, and even more so that he could hurt them. He is thus unable to find a balance between this sort of trust and distrust, and he is unable to accept this inability of his. Obviously, Hitan appears far from outgoing and sometimes does not even make consistent efforts to react to others and his surroundings. All the above results in a mostly stern and focused persona that only positions itself above a restrained smile, which belongs to someone who perhaps only seems calm and collective or is forced to be that way.
However, Hitan does retain a possession of a perhaps dangerous curiosity that at times compels him to investigate something “interesting” or otherwise something out of the norm, a trait that easily contrasts what would have seemed as if straight-out realism, but he is far from being completely self-restrained and controlled. Another example that is not so extreme would be his tendency to talk cryptically (his advanced vocabulary rejects modern slang, by the way) and extensively about some topics the majority of the population likely does not enjoy actively talking about in contrast to his usual cordial and polite front. Such topics can range from anything from philosophy to some sort of active application of psychology (like, if someone just failed a test, he might talk about learning mindsets) to a continual pressing of present challenges instead of more positive and “distracting” topics in stressful times (e.g. continuing to talk about an upcoming test to someone clearly procrastinating on and being stressed about it).
While he is no longer a bright and pretty outgoing kid with a witty sense of humor as he was in his youth, a personality he only shows glimpses of periodically in the modern time, Hitan still has kept some traits from his childhood. For instance, he finds comparisons poetic and beautiful, often trying to think of many things using comparisons. He has always loved intellectual expressiveness and that maybe explains why he’s such a bibliophile. Hitan loves books and literature, and he doesn’t just read for knowledge. He finds the worlds in books beautiful and in their own way more simplistic and easier to understand and confront.
Even though Hitan is not the kindest person, he has good intentions and would never hurt someone if he could somehow avoid it, resulting in a huge sense of guilt when his intentions don’t play out in what happens. He tries to avoid all conflict if possible, and if he had been in better circumstances, he would have easily done anything within his power to help others rather than just himself, but as of the present, it is an unachievable dream when he only can hurt others. Ultimately, he is someone willing to give to others without expecting anything in return, and he is already loyal to a fault and wishing the best for everyone he can. His caring is arguably an incredible aspect to what otherwise might seem like a bland and peculiar personality, but at heart, he is actually a simple entity to understand, someone with a simple wish. He wants to live in a world where he has somewhere to belong and people to belong with. For someone named for a sorrowful dream, that has always been his only wish, and it is the wish he is striving to achieve at this school.

×Likes: Books, literature, prose, poetry, fiction, writing, little kids, maturity, complex vocabulary, intelligent conversations, patience, the sky, astronomy, facts, trivia, friendship, companionship, family, swings, inclusion, respect, the cold, animals, truth, politeness, puzzles, snow, home, school, music, healthy ways of expression, metaphors/comparisons, plot but especially its exposition
×Dislikes: Discrimination, violence/brutality/aggressiveness, excessive heat, excessive humidity, needles, anxiety, pain, death, loss, futile wishes, braggers, daggers, gossip, danger, blood
×Greatest Fear: Insanity, because it represents a world he would have absolutely no control over and obviously one where he would likely hurt others without knowing it. It is a fear only barely ahead of his fear of death.
×Hobbies: Reading, stargazing, writing, going on lonely walks when he can.

Power/Curse: Hitan’s curse is a painful, dangerous, and incredibly unpredictable one, but while other curses are useless and dangerous, his could be said to be both. Essentially, what appear to be extremely sharp feathers will materialize directly in flesh. While their locations are generally non-fatal (so they won’t appear in the direct areas of the heart, head, internal organs, etc., or they won’t be as deeply gouged in), they have had no predictable pattern in terms of when they appear and where they appear (i.e. a feather can appear in his left arm twice, or multiple can appear at the same time). While he has been able to make it so most feathers only appear somewhere on him, under certain circumstances they will appear in others, immediately inflicting bloody injuries. This curse also explains why Hitan is almost constantly injured/in the process of healing from at least one injury.
In terms of actual appearance, the feathers are black with a slight tinge of dark red, the color of blood depending on which unfortunate individual they are lodged in, though most of the time, said individual is Hitan.  
An advantage Hitan does have over some other students is his proficient use of some other types of magic and knowledge in the study in general. He is able to manipulate existing light and create a limited supply, though he cannot make constructs out of the supply. He retains expansive knowledge on medical care and can combine it with magic to heal others and himself to a small extent, though the larger the wounds, the harder it gets. He is unable to de-summon anything—for instance, he can’t extract the cursed feathers from existence and thus, he needs to resort to telekinetic magic to yank the feathers out, which is quite painful if I may say so myself. Fortunately, once the feathers are actually no longer lodged in flesh, they can be effective weapons as well with this same application, though that doesn’t seem very school-safe. Finally, Hitan is able to manipulate blood—both others’ and his own, though according to his values and beliefs, he will mostly just manipulate his own. He is only able to draw out blood from existing injuries (e.g. he can’t make someone implode from blood flow alteration), which makes for a limited blood supply in any circumstance. If he doesn’t extract blood at a reasonable pace, things like burst blood vessels happen too, which is fun!
Obviously, blood magic isn’t very school-safe in the first place either, but who knows, maybe he’ll need it someday.
Oh, and under extreme conditions and with a clear conscience and objective, he could technically force feathers to appear, though the majority of them would still appear in him. But after many, many tries, he could possibly (after a lot of tries) control their approximate locations…given that he doesn’t kill himself while doing so. Generally it’s better to not do that even in a desperate situation, though, and Hitan knows this better than anyone.

Strengths:
>He’s very smart and very calm, so if any group needs a strategist, he can do the job.
>He learns very quickly and retains knowledge easily.
>He has more versatility and proficiency in magic than most other students, it seems?
>Enemies who don’t know his curse probably won’t see that feather coming, and foes also can’t control his feathers at all, probably the only advantage to no one knowing what his curse even behaves like.
>In spite of not actively empathizing or sympathizing with people, Hitan generally reads others well and it’s pretty easy to tell what they’re telling or even feeling for him, even if he doesn’t show this fact.
>The feathers do have some element of control on them even if they’re inconsistent, and they’re strong. For instance, they can pierce through pretty strong magic/effects of other curses and Hitan’s telekinesis is usually pretty effective. They can’t be blocked easily, and their initial velocity (speed and direction) can’t be changed by others, essentially forcing anyone to dodge.
>He has really good eyesight in general, which helps with accuracy.
>Other than maybe randomly stabbing people with conditions he can’t control, he isn’t the type of person who can be easily hated.
>Other than the losing-of-blood part, his curse actually doesn’t require as much physical effort from him—just extreme mental concentration.

Weaknesses:
>He is not actually as emotionless as he can seem. This can impair judgment/speed of which he makes decisions and such especially if fast thinking is needed.
>When it’s hot and he’s bleeding, his clothing,,, sticks to him,,, oh gods.
>Power isn’t easy to train.
>He can’t restrict his curse at all, not to mention use it, if he’s in a disoriented state of mind (like, I don’t wanna give ideas, but if someone used drugs that aren’t supposed to be used on him on him? Yeah).
>I feel like the fact his curse can and will stab him and maybe other people with feathers time to time is a glaring weakness, but uh, hopefully it is, anyways.
>His curse and some of his powers are generally very not school appropriate, so he can’t use them as easily and is prone in hurting himself and others in any circumstance?
>There’s no progress on even finding out any patterns with his curse, something Hitan himself believes is incredibly important to solve the ‘problems’ with it in the first place.
>He’s basically perpetually injured and scarred.
>I’d say if he somehow got in a fight and the fight lasted too long, he’s very much in danger of dying/bleeding out too much. Do schools have insta-supplies of blood? Well, I’m guessing not, but hopefully they do?
>Imagine sleeping and just getting stabbed by a feather smh. Or imagine doing a test and getting stabbed by a feather smh. Or imagine talking with a friend and stabbing them with a feather smh. His curse doesn’t help his life, social or not, at all.

Crush/Shippable?: Helen’s his universal crush even though she’s only present in one universe from what I know, otherwise none if at all possible. Sorry, I have this strange preference where I’d feel weird if he had another crush somewhere else. However, since it’s your story, feel free to do what you’d like, including if others have a crush on him or something.
Can they be injured?: Yeah, yeah.
Can they be killed?: ,,, I’d say please no, but do what you must if you must. I don’t think you would, but just please don’t give him too early a death or a meaningless one; that’d make me very sad.
Other: Blessed, but this bit is ironic haha, gotta say.
I was going to go with him not having PTSD here, but if you decide he does have it, then he probably will.
Sorry for the super long information haha, I was lazy and rewrote some GGaD stuff. Good luck with your writing! (And sorry for not inserting Galaxian/my persona, but you know why I didn’t, we can’t have the school wiped off the map when he’s traumatized or something,,,)

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

7/23/2020 9:42 pm  #46

Is it possible for me to submit a form maybe? I saw you're reopening signups, but I though I'd ask just in case.

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (7/23/2020 9:45 pm)

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

7/23/2020 9:55 pm  #47

@Galaxian, sjdjsk his crush though. Anyway, accepted!

@Specter, of course you're welcome to sign up! :D

7/23/2020 10:15 pm  #48

@Rune - His one true love will always be pickle girl xD I look forward to a roleplaying universe they can unwittingly meet at a Subway

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

7/24/2020 11:10 am  #49

@Galaxian, Oh my gosh XDDD

7/24/2020 12:29 pm  #50

Name:  Xenon

Nickname{s}:  Zuko, Zeko, Zarkon, Zebra, Xylophone, anything that starts with a "Z" sound and he'll answer to it

Grade:  12

Sexuality:  bisexual

Appearance:  Xenon is 5'7 and a twig. He's got relatively pale skin, and he keeps his fingernails painted. His hair is dark brown and bleached at the tips - It's short-ish, undercut, the long part reaching just under his cheekbones, and it's styled to look messy. His eyes are brown, and he wears thin-framed round glasses. He also has medium-sized gauges in his ears.

Clothing Preference:  Layers! lots of them, and usually in cool, muted colours. He also likes boots or vans in terms of shoes.

Personality:  Xenon tries his best to be unobtrusive - so generally, he's quiet and tries not to engage with anyone who looks like they're busy. he can carry on a conversation though, and he's not awkward. he also struggles with interpersonal relationships and making friends because it takes a lot of effort to be able to remember people's names and faces. also, he doesn't have a great handle on his emotions - they tend to explode out of him a little, which can be bad due to curse stuff. when he's around the few friends he does have, he opens up a lot more, makes jokes, etc. he has the social battery of an old iphone though, so he tends to leave events and parties and get-togethers early.

Likes:  any type of book, new book smell, old book smell, birds, mediterranean and middle-eastern food,  hot tea

Dislikes:  coffee, tomatoes, large groups of people, the fact that he can't remember stuff, headaches

Greatest Fear:  forgetting the important stuff [his name, long term friends, family, etc.] or losing implicit memory skills

Hobbies:  reading, playing the guitar, puzzles, going out to watch the birds

Curse:  uncontrollable shapeshifting. at any point in the day, he might turn into a bird, or a snake, or some other creature. he's also accidentally turned into other people before, which he feels terribly guilty about. shapeshifting is usually triggered by stress or anger [or really, any other strong emotion], and he can't switch back until he's calmed down. he'll immediately pass out for a few hours once he switches back, and he tends to hit his head on stuff when he falls.

Strengths:

>Good semantic and implicit memory - he's good with facts and understanding and concepts

>good agility - he's learned to keep his balance in almost all situations to avoid most falls.

Weaknesses:

>he loses track of time really easily - he never knows what day of the week it is, or what time, despite the fact that he wears a watch. this is possibly due to the fact that he often passes out for long periods of time and has no awareness of how much time goes by while he's out

>he's no stranger to concussions and suffers long-term because of them - terrible episodic and short-term memory. he forgets numbers, passwords, all sorts of little things that end up making his life difficult. he gets migraines easily, and they're often triggered by using too much brainpower to remember something, or too much studying.

Crush/Shippable?:  preferably not

Can they be injured?:  sure!

Can they be killed?:  i'm a little concerned about what this implies but maybe?

Other: blessed!

xenon 
he/him || god of scones || brian david gilbert stan
gemini // mirage // the copy
too many forks, not enough spoons

Board footera