The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/30/2020 6:58 am  #1

Rhythm Access (A Forumfic)

Rhythm Access: A Forumfic
Summary
: Welcome to the world of Beat, where society is music-based and always focused on keeping the world safe and ready for the newer generations. Rhythm Access is a tournament set in the strange world of Beat. In Rhythm Access, fighters battle it out to a soundtrack of the people’s choosing. Statmix is one of the most used social medias, all used to watch the fighters’ lives from afar. There’s always something deeper than the surface, though. Some people catch onto the strange secrets. They grow. They make new friends.Their future changes with every day. All with a pretty cool mixtape to soundtrack it. 
Genre: Sci-fantasy
Warnings: Mentions of drugs and scenes of violence. All music is Clean.
Update Schedule: Fic is cancelled. Enjoy what you have here. I miss RA too, don't worry.
Last Update: November 8th, 2020 
Chapter Length2k to 4.4k words per chapter.
Word Count: 45.8k
Chapters: 17

Index
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 
Chapter 17 

Sign ups are here! Since we've reached 20 characters, there is no promise of prominent status in the story if you apply now. You're welcome to still sign up. Your character will hopefully show up at least once in the story!
Out of chapters to read? Go check out Rhythm Access' Basement!
Got any questions? Ask them here!

Last edited by riribunni (4/28/2021 10:57 am)

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

5/30/2020 7:11 am  #2

Re: Rhythm Access (A Forumfic)

Chapter One 
[now playing: sunshine by stray kids]

New Year’s Eve-- one of the biggest celebrations of the years in Beat. The city’s streets were filled with people, young and old, a hotpot of mixed species. Storefronts were beaming with lights and color, ribbons draped across the roof and lights hanging from the ceilings. Streetlights shone in beautiful hues of pink, yellow and blue. The city was even more magical on this one night. Children dressed in costumes, families celebrating, people socializing in the streets-- it was all so beautiful and raw. Emotion was palpable through the air, and no one could get enough of it.

Trotting through the streets was a girl in a bunny mask. She hummed a melody under her breath, her smile wide under her mask as she twirled instead of stepping every once in a while.“Little bunny, all alone~! Little bunny, on her own~!”

The skirt to her overall dress flared with every twirl, getting a giggle from the girl. Her energy decreased for a second so she could let out a sigh of contentment, head tilting to the sky to gaze at the stars. The one thing she was grateful for about Beat was how clear the stars were every year.

A tug on the hem of her skirt caused her attention to drop down to a small Ventus child, gazing up with hopeful eyes and a mask turned on the side of their head.

“You’re Bunni, right?!” the child gasped, eyes lighting up. “I love you!! You’re so cool!”

Bunni nodded, letting out a little giggle. “Why, yes, I am! What’s your name?”

“Aamu!” the kid beamed, before gasping and fixing her mask over her face. It was a strange recreation of Bunni’s own mask. “See, I’m like you!”

“Yes, you are!” Bunni exclaimed, gasping in shock for the child’s entertainment. She held her pointer finger up, pretending to get an idea before flicking her wrists in circles, the rash movements turning graceful as a hydrangea grew from thin air.

“For you!” Bunni exclaimed, handing the hydrangea blossom to the child. The child’s wings flared up in excitement as they shouted a “thank you!” at Bunni, tumbling back towards their parents.

Bunni grinned again under her mask, sighing as she adjusted a curl in her hair to the left of her. Being a fighter could be draining, but interacting with kids with such joy and light in their eyes...it gave her a bit of hope.

“Well, I didn’t expect to see you here, Bunni,” a familiar voice drawled. Bunni perked up at the sight of the voice, turning around to lock eyes with another fighter.

“Oh my, if it isn't dearest Raven!” Bunni exclaimed, clasping her hands together in delight.

Raven sighed, rolling her brown eyes under her mask. “I told you, don’t call me ‘dearest’. That’s just weird.”

“I have nicknames for all of my fighter buddies,” Bunni said, throwing her arms in the air with joy. “You’re not my only dearest.”

Raven sighed, letting out a quick puff of laughter. “You’re so weird,” she half-smiled. “Happy New Year’s Eve, by the way.”

Bunni gasped in excitement. “Wow, you wished me a happy something! That’s the first time it’s ever happened!”

“We’ve talked like five times in costume, no duh it’d be the first time that happened,” Raven scoffed, still smiling. “Why do you get so excited over first time stuff?”

“Well, the first time of any event is just splendid,” Bunni smiled, leaning her head to the side as she took a glance at the countdown timer. Ten minutes to midnight.

Raven gazed in the same direction that Bunni was looking in. “You desperate for the new year or something?”

“It’s not like the first day of 2100 happens every day,” Bunni snorted, tightening the sash around her waist. “Besides, I just can’t wait to get back to my family. I promised them I’d make an appearance tonight.”

Raven sighed, looking to the side. “Must be nice, huh?”

“Yeah,” Bunni giggled. “I can’t wait to see my parents. What about you?”

Raven let out a noncommittal noise, focusing on a piece of confetti tumbling by. “My parents are probably out celebrating the new year. I’ll get changed when I get home and find them, I guess.”

Bunni let out a noise of understanding, nodding. “I get that,” she said, voice spiking up at the end of her sentence. She turned her head again to look at the clock’s bright 9 minutes remaining bold and clear.

Bunni turned to look at Raven again, catching a glance of the forlorn expression on her face. Bunni, turning to focus in front of her, gracefully moved her hands to create--

“A daffodil?” Raven asked, looking at the flower that formed itself in Bunni’s hands. Bunni nodded sharply, handing the rose to Raven.

“To symbolize a new beginning,” Bunni chuckled as Raven accepted the rose. The thorns on the rose were nonexistent, which was surprising to Raven. “I want this year to be a good year for us. Take care of yourself, okay?”

Raven sent a long glance down at the rose before looking at Bunni, eyes filled with a strange sadness. “...Thanks.”

“Enjoy your new year! ” Bunni exclaimed, giving a two-fingered salute before scurrying off, smiling wider than ever under her mask. 

~

[now playing: fever dream by mxmtoon]

Abyss sat atop the flat-roofed building draped in lush, colored fabric. The New Year's festivities were quite wild in Beat, that was for sure. It was different than what she had expected when she had moved to Beat not too long ago. The move became a harsh adjustment to her, throwing her into a strange world with a whole culture revolving around music and fighting; but the world cared for her presence. It was strange. The last place she had moved from was nothing like this. A not-so-great community and high school, she would describe it.

Abyss sighed, rolling onto her back with her legs dangling over the side of the building as she gazed at the stars. The city managed to develop a way to reduce the light’s harshness at nighttime, making the stars ever-so-slightly easier to see in the evenings. Abyss was always grateful it was there. The stars were a comfort, beings she could air out her problems to without a single other person ever hearing them.

Starting her fighting career was wild for her. She started a normal teenager before emerging in the ranks of internet idols, training and wielding a magical axe. If you had told her that would be her future two years ago, she would have snorted a laugh right in the messenger’s face before thinking about how crazy they were.

Her winter audition to become a fighter felt unreal. She could still recall the feeling of anxiety coursing through her veins, the deep breathing and exercises she did to calm herself beforehand still embedded in her mind. The gymnasium almost felt too empty as she met the judges, giving a polite bow and trying to win them over. The voice crack in her awkward speech, the bored glaze in the judges eyes...it all faded away the second she heard the pace of a sprint. In the second she turned around, she saw the weapon, the opening, and flipped the attacker. The attacker was pinned, and the surge of adrenaline caused a smile to break out on her face. She passed the fighting portion with flying colors. Now it just...didn’t feel real. Maybe this was some strange fever dream.

Abyss sighed, sitting up and adjusting her mask so she could see the people passing below her better. Crowds of people, young and old, celebrating in the streets for the new time to come. Something about it put a smile on her face.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a blur of pink, white and flowers dancing through the streets. Oh, it’s Bunni.

Bunni and she had interacted...once? Twice? With Bunni being a more experienced fighter, she didn’t get many opportunities to fight with her.

Abyss sighed, watching the bunny-masked girl interact with a forest-colored fighter. The flower growing from Bunni’s palm caught her eye, but she shrugged it off. She must be an element bender of sorts.

A shout of “FIVE MINUTES!” rung through the streets and snapped Abyss out of her daze. It was still hard for her to believe that it was five minutes till 2100, the start of a new century in itself.

“Fancy seeing you here, Abyss.”

A heavy set of footprints landed behind her and Abyss turned her head in the sound of the steps, nodding at the person who joined her on the rooftop. “Bonne année!” the person chimed.

Abyss smiled at the traditional Beat new year’s greeting. “It’s not even new year’s yet, Solamoon.”

Solamoon laughed, grinning as she pushed up her masquerade mask in a joking fashion. “Well, it’s still fun to say, no? What are you doing up here all alone?”

Had a headache earlier. “Just enjoying the fresh air,” Abyss said, looking longingly at the sky. “2100 is around the corner.”

“About time, huh?” Solamoon said, staring up at the stars with Abyss. “Are you excited?”

“The future is kind of scary,” Abyss said. “But, I think it’ll be a good year.”

Solamoon nodded, sitting on the rooftop ledge with Abyss. “New year, new fighters. Do you have any hopes for the season this year?”

Abyss turned to look at Solamoon, watching the fighter tighten her pigtails. “Nah. I just hope none of the new kids aren’t cocky.”

Solamoon snorted, smirking at the thought of the last batch of fighters. “Remember that kid who was so confident that they would make it? And then the trainer took them down before they could react?”

Abyss snorted, grinning at the memory. “Watching the auditions was the peak of comedy.”

“Do you remember your first interview?” Solamoon said, gazing down at the crowds of people. From time to time a fighter would pass beneath their feet. “You panicked when they asked you what your best advice--”

“OH MY GOD, don’t remind me,” Abyss groaned, shoving her head into her hands. “I can’t believe I said ‘git gud’ on national television.”

“That was hilarious, shut up,” Solamoon said, pulling out her phone from a small pack around her waist. The time read “11:59 PM”.

“Oh my god, it’s the last minute of the year,” Solamoon said, shutting off her phone. “I was gonna pull up the meme of you at that interview, but I didn’t even realize the time.”

Abyss’ eyes widened at the realization. Every second was ticking closer to 2100.

“Well.” Solamoon stretched, standing up on the ledge. “You ready?”

Abyss nodded. “Ready as ever.” Am I really ready for a new year?

The countdown’s chant broke through the city. Voices throughout every street joined in on the countdown, loud and soft, unrecognizable alone but the voice as a whole was so Beat. Somehow, a country could make the chaos of a countdown seem like a birdsong.

3! 2! 1!

The city erupted into cheers of “Bonne année!” and “Happy new year!”, dusted with cheers of the new year in other languages.

Bonne année, Abyss,” Solamoon, voice calm but cheerful.

Bonne année, Solamoon.”

Last edited by ghostbunni (5/30/2020 7:16 am)

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

5/30/2020 9:04 am  #3

yooo this is super rad!! I love what you did with the music playing (also Fever Dream SLAPS)

[ JACK ]
she/her | aquarius | frog lover

5/30/2020 9:12 am  #4

THANK YOU DUDE !!! that means a lot ee

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

5/30/2020 9:30 am  #5

w o w
this is great! i really like the music for each section of the story
now to add the songs on my playlist --

~Thunderstorm~
she/they | writer | cat lover | chaotic tired
abyss and revenant
"Just a little time... just a little something else instead..."

5/30/2020 11:51 am  #6

Back and better than ever!!

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

5/30/2020 11:54 am  #7

aaah so good!! also the MUSIC CHOICES Y E S

kat !
any prns

5/30/2020 12:19 pm  #8

This is cool. 👀

Zzzzura 
Administrator

5/30/2020 11:34 pm  #9

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH 

i'm so glad you like it!!

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

5/31/2020 3:12 am  #10

This is amazing Riri! It really is, I am so excited to see where you take this.

𝕿𝖎𝖌𝖊𝖗

5/31/2020 4:17 am  #11

Dang, the scene-building is real

Also git gud is fantastic advice, 

Call me Marshall. Or Hungry, as that usually describes me.

"Chaos is only an enemy if you're unable to adapt"
-Шухрат Кессикбаев

Dealer of cursed artifacts

Chaotic Neutral energy

T̢h̛e v͝͝oi͜d̷̛ í̶s͘͜͞ ͢͠l̀͞o̵v͝ȩl̛y̸̢,̕͢ ̢̀h͡ǫ҉ṕ̶ ̵͟͏o̧n ҉̛i҉n̷̡

5/31/2020 4:30 am  #12

THIS IS SO GOOD ASKDJSJSKDJSKLDJSKLD

miles 
✿✿ he/they ✿✿ 
it's always spooky season
"i can't see anybody, loving me the you do...darling i'm in love"
italian sandwich energy
#ccsurvivor 

5/31/2020 8:28 pm  #13

Oh my gosh I didn't even realize this was up yet!!! You already have me hooked! I love your writing, honestly!

6/07/2020 6:02 am  #14

(uhhh technical difficulties please hold)

Last edited by ghostbunni (6/07/2020 6:03 am)

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

6/07/2020 7:40 am  #15

Chapter Two 
[now playing: fragile voices by adib sin]  

New Year’s Morning was off to a perfect start, in Jack Guo’s mind. Her window seat was cozy and covered in blankets, and she was watching the sun peak over the hills with a mug of warm, chai tea in her hands. The smell of the chai was like pure comfort to her, curling her lips into a smile with the tips of her fangs peeking out. Her ears rested with content on her head, earbuds made for hybrids like her nestled in her ears.  

She snuggled deeper into the texture of the fleece blanket, letting the music take over her senses as she gazed upon the ocean out the window. Jack’s family lucked out on a house in a siren-populated neighborhood. Sure, it wasn’t great for social gatherings, but her family was avoidant of those anyways, so it was fine! She had access to the beach anytime, and it was so,
so nice to go dive in the water after a long school day. (Her mother would always joke that it was the “puppy in her” that loved frolicking in the coming waves. Jack squawked at her mother about it, always accompanied by her mother’s chuckles of joy.)  

The sun was starting to go from a cold morning light to a warm, sunrise glow. The buildings were cast in shades of beautiful orange and yellow light, the light shining from the horizon line of the sea.

But even stars fall out of your memories

A silent whisper that's left unsaid

Jack frowned. The realization that there was only one more day of break left made her…disheartened. School was okay, sure. The building was fancy, the teachers knew what they were doing, and the school cared about her mental health. It was the people she didn’t look forward to.

No one was mean to her, that was for sure. It was the presence of other people that made her unhappy. People were so big and scary. It was hard to talk to people, hard to create a good connection. It had been ages since she had gotten a connection where the warmth she gave was reciprocated.

Jack sighed, taking a sip of her tea and letting the comfort overtake her again. Even the thought of school was stressing her out again. A glance of her uniform hanging from her closet door caught her eye, and she only shook her head, focusing back out at the sunshine and the sleeping world of Beat.

This early in the day, Beat wasn’t chaotic. It was a beautiful ghost town, filled with silence and colors that the world blessed it with.

Jack could bask in the golden light of the quiet city all morning. It was comfort, and god, did she love that feeling.  A knock resounded at her door. Jack jumped in her seat, taking out her earbuds and focusing on the door which opened.

“Darling, are you awake?” the soft voice of her mother whispered, light of the hallway leaking into the barely-lit room. The door squeaked softly as her mother stepped into the room.

“Yeah, m’up,” Jack said, giving a small wave to her mother.

Her mom smiled weakly, rubbing at her eyes.
  “What are you doing up so early?” her mother asked. “Weren’t you up last night to ring in the new year?”

Jack shrugged. “I stayed up to the countdown and slept for a few hours. Woke up and couldn’t fall back asleep, I guess.”

Jack’s mother sighed. She leaned against the wall next to her daughter’s window seat, looking at her kid with tired eyes. “Don’t take on your dad’s sleep patterns, will you?”

“I won’t, I won’t.” Jack took a deep breath, mustering a smile back up at her mother. “You can go back to sleep, mom. I’ll be okay.”

Jack’s mother looked to the side, contemplating her choices in her head before shrugging. “Oh, what can I do... Alright, I’m going back to sleep. But I want you going to bed early tonight, you hear me?”

Jack let out a puff of air, mouth fading into a smile. “Of course, mom.”  Her mother shot another caring look over her shoulder before closing the door, causing Jack to let out a deep sigh. Her phone buzzed in her pocket as she finished her exhale. Reaching to her pocket, she pulled out her phone to read over the notification. 

[NOTIFICATION - STATMIX (@concerto_allegro): You were tagged in a post.]

Jack’s eyebrows shot up. Rhythm Access always called her name, even in the most quiet moments of her days. Even if it wasn’t Jack as her normal self, merely an extension of herself-- (“Concerto” was what she called herself), the extension was still part of her.

Tapping the notification, her phone unlocked and opened Statmix. The screen buffered for too long (traffic on the post?) before displaying what Jack had been tagged in. 

The image itself was a fancy graphic containing a list of names with “VS” written in bold, centered to the image.

[@RA_OFFICIAL]

(10,948 likes-- Jack was early.)

Bonne année to all, and CONGRATULATIONS to those competing in the New Year’s Festival! Saturday night will prove to be the craziest of them all, and the wildest way to start the new year! Featuring a lineup of a multitude of old and new fighters, there will be a tournament to celebrate!

All fighters tagged, please confirm that you will be available to attend. If not, you will have a stand-in placed for you.

Jack pored over the list attached to the screen, staring and desperately looking for her name.Bunni (no duh), Solamoon (makes sense, a crowd favorite), Raven (haven’t seen her around often), Opera Ghost (a cold enigma)--  Concerto.

Jack’s heart skipped a beat as she blinked, rubbing at her eyes. No way. No way she was chosen for the new years battles--  

Concerto.  

Yep, that was her alright.

Jack couldn’t help the squeal that escaped her lips, snuggling deeper in her blankets with excitement. She was going to compete in the New Year’s festival.

This morning couldn’t get any better.

A soft knock sounded on Jack’s door, grabbing her attention. She turned to see her mom with her head awkwardly stuck in the door frame, her dog ears perked up with hope.  “Want to make pancakes with me? I’m hungry and can’t fall asleep again.”
  Jack couldn’t stop the grin on her face when she nodded, escaping her soft cocoon. “Yes, please!”

~

[now playing: a moment of silence by idealism]

It’s not uncommon for one to ask themselves, “What kind of idiot would wake up two hours after they fell asleep to go take a walk?”

Marshall Templing.

Marshall would be that exact person to do that.
Being a vampire, his skin burned easily, and the easiest times for him to be out in the heat (without the protective barriers Beat’s scientists had created to prevent burning) was either at god-knows hour or sunrise. At sunrise, the weather wasn’t harsh and he could still enjoy a bit of the light without burning into a crisp. As much as he didn’t appreciate being a vampire, he’d rather be questionably alive than undead bacon. He’d take it over a run at 2 in the morning any day of the week. Especially if he didn’t have to deal with the same crazy lady who thought he was robbing her when he was in the middle of the street and she was in her lawn. That was a whole experience that he only wished he could forget.

Being able to experience the freedom of no heat blockers on his skin and still see the light of the city was one of the best feelings in the world to him. The only part that sucked was the loneliness.

4 am on a New Year’s Morning is where typically, the streets have cleared. The festive remains of the night before were the only signs someone had been there in the first place, confetti scattered across pavement and fabric swaying in the breeze. For such a monumental day in the community, it was strange to see the streets not packed with people. Sure, there was the incidental straggler here and there, but other than that...Beat was a ghost town.

The sound of footsteps behind him made Marshall snap out of his daze, ignoring the crunch of gravel behind him in hopes that it’s no one important.

“Marshall? That you?” a familiar voice asked. Marshall spun around, making eye contact with the speaker and tightening the grip on his backpack straps.

“Oh, hey, Rebel.” Rebel was a red-head girl he had met in German during their Junior year. The two had gotten to a rocky start after an awkward conversation starter (“Magst du Eier?” “Why are you asking me if I like eggs? I barely know you.”) but slowly became friends over time and through school projects.

“Bonne année, Rebel greeted, waving. She drew to a stop in front of him, keeping a comfortable distance.

“Wow, I haven’t seen you in a year!” Marshall gasped in fake shock, throwing his hands up to his face in an attempt to emphasize.

Rebel snorted a laugh, rolling her eyes. “That’s surely original.”

“I’m hurt,” Marshall gasped, clutching his heart. “See? You hurt my feelings. I’m holding my heart because--”

“Yeah, yeah, I get it,” Rebel mimicked. A swift breeze blew through the area, making Rebel pull her jacket a bit tighter. “Yeesh, it gets cold at this time of year.”

Marshall hummed in agreement. “I mean, I don’t really get cold? I’m cold in general. But if you want, we could stop by a convenience store or something?”

Rebel shrugged. “Sure, man. I don’t care.”

Marshall nodded, checking his phone. “Isn’t the one that Time works at nearby?”

“Oh yeah, was he on the New Year’s shift?” Rebel asked, looking up at the sky. The sky was slowly blooming into warmer colors, showing the time passing.“Ew, I have to put on my protectors soon,” Marshall groaned. “I hate being a vampire.”

Rebel nodded, starting her walk. “Maybe one day they’ll be able to find a way for vampires to exist without protectors.”

The light of the convenience store sign peeked in their view as they grew closer to the store, making small talk along the way. The topic of “why do plurals in german have a gender?” was briefly brought up by Rebel. Marshall groaned in response, muttering on about forgetting the winter break schoolwork for German II.

The doors of the convenience slid open with a signature 4 chime bell, signifying that the duo had entered. The smell of hand sanitizer, chicken from the hot cabinet and the aroma of sweet bread was strong the second they walked in. Soft, instrumental versions of older pop songs (almost a hundred years old, at this point) hummed through the speakers. Aisles were illuminated by the fluorescent lights above.

“Time? You there?” Marshall called, strolling through the cold aisle to the side. “Ooh, they have pineapple in. I thought that doesn’t grow for a while--”

A loud THUNK resounded through the convenience store. The scramble of feet against the white tiles squeaked through the floor as a black-haired boy rushed to his feet, rubbing at his head. “Ouch, ouch, okay, that hurt. Hi, welcome to KinMart, how can I--oh, it’s just you guys,” he said, falling from part-time worker to average high school student. 

“You sound disappointed,” Rebel smirked, walking up to the counter. “How’s it rolling?”

“God, never use that phrase again, you sound like an outdated grandmother,” Time groaned. “At least. I think you do. Was that the intent?”

"Do you genuinely think I would use that phrase unironically?"

“Stop overthinking, dude.” Marshall leaned on the counter, staring at the hot cabinet next to time. “Hey, could I get a pork bun?”  

“Ah, yes, returning to my life as a corporate slave,” Time deadpanned as he turned around, spraying his hands with hand sanitizer before grasping tongs. “That’ll be $1.50?”

Marshall rummaged for the change in his pockets while Rebel checked her phone. Her neutral expression faltered for a second as her eyebrows raised, eyes widening.

“The fighters for the festival were announced,” she said, voice faltering mid-sentence. “You guys see? The post blew up.”

Marshall dropped the change in the tray on the counter, turning to look at Rebel. “Really? No way.”

Rebel nodded, pocketing her phone and fixing her ponytail. “All happening tomorrow. A shock announcement, I suppose. I hope none of the fighters are busy that day.”

Time slipped the pork bun into the paper sleeve, taping it shut and handing it to Marshall. “I’m just studying magic all weekend. Nothing rather interesting for you magic folk, I suppose.”

“It’s still cool that you’re learning magic, though,” Marshall said, taking an inhale of the scent from the pork bun. “God, I missed this.” Despite being a vampire, he could still eat normal foods. The blood was just a necessity, normal foods more of a guilty pleasure.

“I still think the pizza bun is better,” Time commented, dragging a fresh-looking textbook from underneath the counter. A worn notebook and ballpoint pen balanced haphazardly atop the text caught Rebel’s eye.

“Is that your spellbook?” Rebel asked, motioning at the notebook. “You never let that thing see the light of day.”

“A work in progress, as usual,” Time replied. “Mostly a combination of too many spells that blew up half of my bedroom.”

“Why don’t you just rent a summoning room instead?” Marshall mumbled through a bite. It didn’t exactly sound like his intention, more like a combination of inflicted warbles.

“Too expensive.” Time shook his head. “Part-timing a convenience store isn’t gonna get me enough for even half a day.”

Rebel nodded in understanding, about to speak before she was cut off by a loud groan from Marshall.“The sun’s rising,” Marshall frowned, turning to Time. “There’s a bathroom here, right?”

Time motioned over his shoulder to a sign behind him, reading “Bathroom” in bold font. Time wasn’t paying attention as Marshall walked around and behind him, already immersed in his textbook again.

Rebel tapped Time on the head, jolting him out of his studies. “Chill out, it’s New Year’s day,” Rebel advised. Her eyebrows read as a bit concerned, but she still kept her relaxed demeanor. “Why don’t you just put off the studying for one day, and actually relax for once?”

Time thought it over in his head, settling it with a nod and shutting his textbook. “Alright. My shift ends in a few, anyways.”

Rebel made a noise of approval, mouth quirking into a grin. “That’s more like it.” 

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

6/07/2020 9:26 am  #16

ohoho......the lo-fi music is BOPPING 👀

[ JACK ]
she/her | aquarius | frog lover

6/07/2020 12:32 pm  #17

this chapter is s o f t and i love it

~Thunderstorm~
she/they | writer | cat lover | chaotic tired
abyss and revenant
"Just a little time... just a little something else instead..."

6/07/2020 12:49 pm  #18

aksjdvnlfajkds;av the VIBES i love it

kat !
any prns

6/07/2020 3:35 pm  #19

I am much loving this. I am much loving this indeed!

I didn't say that Time had a spellbook, but I think it's a perfect addition!

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

6/07/2020 9:28 pm  #20

@everyone thank u so much !!! 🥺🥺

@time ye I have a lot of stuff prepped for time lol

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

6/08/2020 1:20 am  #21

oh shoot oh shoot

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

6/08/2020 6:59 pm  #22

The soundtrack really do be vibin doe

Call me Marshall. Or Hungry, as that usually describes me.

"Chaos is only an enemy if you're unable to adapt"
-Шухрат Кессикбаев

Dealer of cursed artifacts

Chaotic Neutral energy

T̢h̛e v͝͝oi͜d̷̛ í̶s͘͜͞ ͢͠l̀͞o̵v͝ȩl̛y̸̢,̕͢ ̢̀h͡ǫ҉ṕ̶ ̵͟͏o̧n ҉̛i҉n̷̡

6/21/2020 10:44 am  #23

im going to ctrl + alt + screamediting in process 

Last edited by ghostbunni (6/21/2020 10:45 am)

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

6/21/2020 9:06 pm  #24

what

what happened?

Last edited by Time (6/21/2020 9:07 pm)