The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/16/2020 12:41 am  #1

(ATttF Intro) The World Turn'd Upside Down

((In which Req listens to Madame Guillotine from the Scarlet Pimpernel musical to get into the mood))

(TW: Blood and Violence)

Paris, France~

July, 1793~ 

Ever since King Louis XVI banned the unjustified slaying of dragons, they’ve been trying to invade Paris. Only the small one would try to get in in their true forms. Most would try to slide in either as animals or humans. The human citizens were less than happy. In fact, they were unhappy enough to attack anyone who looked serpentine enough in a dark alley.
“Just because we can’t kill you, demon, doesn’t mean we can’t hurt you.” A man hissed to one of the shapeshifters, kicking their limp body. His compatriot sneered behind him, “If you go feral on us, you’ll be allowing us to kill you.”“Nnngnnn…” The human-form dragon covered their face, gold eyes with abyss-colored sclera shutting tight. The man kicked them again, hoping for a reaction. “…Nnn…”“AAHHHHH!!!” Someone wailed far away. The scream pierced the sky and seemed to cut through ears. More shrieks followed suit in a disturbed chorus.“What-what was that…?” The second man behind the first lost his sneer and stuttered. “We need to check that!” The two bolted away, leaving the shapeshifter on the ground.Wiping off stygian blue blood, the serpent got off the ground, looked up, and rasped softly…“Have… a drrrink…. to the brrrave….
Georges and Olympe bolted in the streets, looking around for the cause of the scream. “What could possibly be going on?!”“There’s something on the building! Something draconic!!!” A voice nearby hollered.
Draconic? Have you even seen one of those?” Olympe called out, squinting, “Nobody has seen a genuine dragon near Paris in centuries! Not since they were killed off!”
“No, but it just gives me the thought!” The voice relied, and an arm pointed up to the top of a building. Something surprisingly small, green, and shimmery was on top. Something very rare and long forgotten.“What… what is that??” Georges whispered, eyes wide. He couldn’t believe it.On a windowsill watched a tiny dragon.  It =15pxspied on with a mix of bemusement and shock, before chirping quietly…“Raisssse a glasssss to the cunn-ing…..”  “Greetingssss, humanssss! I am Idéaux!!” The Vouivre squawked loudly. “Asssss you may now, one of the lassst actionsss of Louisss wasss to ban the majority of dragon sssslaying. Now, dessspite this promissse, I have yet to ssseee the protection of my sssspecciessss. Thusss, I have come to the conclusssion that, in order for your Republic to live to itssss fullesst potential, action mussst be done. Ssso, to do thisss, I am now taking over and I am now your leader. I hope that’sss alright!.
To say there was an uproar would be an understatement. The whole crowd roared. Those with weapons tried to fire at the serpent, but sorely missed. One woman threw moldy bread at the Vouivre. It flicked its fins in alarm, and began speaking again. “I know it will be difficult at firssst, but we can together and fly to new heightsss! Let me be your Prometheussss and give you fire from the godssss.. er.. dragonssss!!” Eventually the Committee heard of the commotion and came over in the hopes of negotiating with the surprisingly-small-dragon on the roof. After the blabber simmer down between the men and serpent, it uttered something shocking. “Thank you, gentlemen, but I have to let you go for right now. My deepessst apologiesss, but, sssimply, we have other problemsss to approve on, sssuch as equality and peaccce. Otherwissse, why were we rebellioussss at all? I’ll be looking for new politicianssss to help with our new Republic, ssso.. if anyone would like to join, pleasssse talk to me.” The crowd screamed and screamed, but they didn’t try to fight back, perhaps out of fear, or the sheer strangeness of the situation. After an hour, a new dragon flew into the street, wearing many badges; a French badge had the name, “Benny” embedded in gold. It looked utterly surprised, and Idéaux, the new Leader, told it something in Vouivre tongue. Benny nodded, and took off into the skies, but it warbled something faint as it flew away from the world turned upside-down..“Sing… A Toast to the Free~

Status Effects:  -Idéaux has taken over France! She has opened up governmental posts for jobs. All who apply are welcome. -A Toast to the Free, Reanimated! has begun!!

Last edited by EldritchAbyssDragon (5/16/2020 12:41 am)

Requiem/Legacy

Ace/Genderqueer: They/Xe

It's Always Spooky Season Time.

Just an eldritch dragon disguised as dice.

"Dude! Let me in! I'm a fairy!"
"DON'T YOU BELIEVE IN F A R I E S ?"

Board footera