The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/09/2020 11:49 pm  #1

(DB Thief Intro Thread) A quiet rumor has suddenly become reality...

Diamond Bay is full of mysteries, secrets, and rumors. Whether you lived in Diamond Bay for your entire life or you have just moved, that one fact has been apparent since you came.

One of the more prominent rumors of Diamond Bay, however, erupted about two years ago. One about a so called "gentleman thief" who only stole from other thieves, or objects that were dangerous to the public. The police have somehow never apprehended this thief, nor the magical heroes -- some people theorized that the thief had their own magical powers to hide themself, others concluded that they never existed in the first place.

Well, it turns out the former theory was right. Because you suddenly see the glass windows of Diamond Bay's museum shatter into a million pieces with a trenchcoat-wearing figure flying down with it. In an instant, the figure holds out his arm, and he flies to the nearest building with a grappling hook. He quickly jumps onto said rooftop and does the same thing to the next. If you look closely enough, the figure is holding something in his other arm -- something that shimmers in the moonlight.

Do you follow him?

Last edited by SongOfStorms (5/10/2020 7:39 am)

~Thunderstorm~
she/they | writer | cat lover | chaotic tired
abyss and revenant
"Just a little time... just a little something else instead..."

5/10/2020 1:16 am  #2

Re: (DB Thief Intro Thread) A quiet rumor has suddenly become reality...

(I'm getting Carmen Sandiego vibes from this :0)

Tigress was perched on the roof of a nearby building, watching and seething silently as the figure made away with the stolen object. She'd had her eyes set on the same artifact for weeks, but apparently she hadn't acted quickly enough.

But maybe there was still a chance. Maybe, if she made her move now, she could obtain what she needed.

The villain followed close behind, barely making any noise as she leapt from rooftop to rooftop in pursuit of the trenchcoat-clad thief.

Last edited by Jack (5/10/2020 1:23 am)

[ JACK ]
she/her | aquarius | frog lover

5/10/2020 2:48 am  #3

Vance Weathers was relaxing in his office, enjoying a rare break from the busy life of a Diamond Bay policeman. The night shift had been quiet so far, and Weathers was taking full advantage of the reprieve, with a glass of scotch in one hand and a good book in the other. His reading was interrupted by a knock at the door. Vance looked up as a uniformed officer burst in.
"Detective Weathers!", the officer said. "There's been a robbery at the museum!". 
"There's always something, isn't there?". Vance set down his drink and book and grabbed his holster and suit coat. Following the officer outside, Vance climbed into the passenger seat of a police car for the ride to the museum. They were almost there when Vance noticed something out the window. 
"Wait, turn around!", he said to the officer driving. The officer looked confused, but he complied. "Keep the lights and siren off", Vance said, watching the rooftops intently. "I don't want them to notice us". 

Call me Marshall. Or Hungry, as that usually describes me.

"Chaos is only an enemy if you're unable to adapt"
-Шухрат Кессикбаев

Dealer of cursed artifacts

Chaotic Neutral energy

T̢h̛e v͝͝oi͜d̷̛ í̶s͘͜͞ ͢͠l̀͞o̵v͝ȩl̛y̸̢,̕͢ ̢̀h͡ǫ҉ṕ̶ ̵͟͏o̧n ҉̛i҉n̷̡

5/10/2020 7:35 am  #4

((not what I was thinking at first, but that's still a pretty good comparison!))

"You have company! Another thief at six o'clock!"

The thief glanced behind him to see Tigress. His indigo eyes practically glowed through the darkness of the night. "Yeah, I see her," he murmured back to the person who was calling him through his earpiece. "Let's give her a show, shall we?"

"Let's do it!"

The thief suddenly jumped down into an alleyway. He taunted Tigress from inside. "Hey, Kitty! Bet you can't catch me!"

Last edited by SongOfStorms (5/10/2020 7:41 am)

~Thunderstorm~
abyss and revenant

5/10/2020 8:45 am  #5

Tigress rolled her eyes, then quickly leapt after him. "Word of advice, kid," she sneered. "The next time you rob an establishment, maybe don't make a scene like that." She suddenly stopped speaking, ears pricking as she picked up the smooth whir of a car engine behind them.

[ JACK ]

5/10/2020 8:47 am  #6

Solaris was on patrol when the event occurred. She started to follow the duo from the rooftops above, running to keep track of the two.

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

5/10/2020 8:52 am  #7

There was a second sound--a light patter of footsteps coming  from above. Tigress craned  her head and saw the hero running after the two of them. "Well. Looks like we've got company."

[ JACK ]

5/10/2020 8:58 am  #8

The thief cursed to himself quietly, before smirking to Tigress. "A scene? Well, that was more of a show." He tossed the sparkling artifact -- a pink gem -- into the air before catching it in his hand. "But thanks for the advice. I'll keep that into consideration." He didn't seem to be keen in running from either the police or the hero, which was certainly odd.

~Thunderstorm~
abyss and revenant

5/10/2020 9:06 am  #9

"Well, it's been nice talking to you," Tigress sighed, "but I think I'll be going now." With that, she made a sudden grab for the gemstone.

[ JACK ]

5/10/2020 9:20 am  #10

The thief jolted in surprise when the gemstone was torn out of his hands. But... he smirked. "So, you're really that gullible, huh, Kitty?" And, with a puff of shadows, the thief disintegrated... and so did the gem.
It had been an illusion the entire time.

Meanwhile, the actual thief was multiple blocks away, making a mad dash for the beach.

Last edited by SongOfStorms (5/10/2020 9:21 am)

~Thunderstorm~
abyss and revenant

5/10/2020 9:48 am  #11

Tigress gritted her teeth, snarling, before bolting after him, claws outstretched.

[ JACK ]

5/10/2020 9:51 am  #12

Solaris' eyes widened with a puff of laughter after witnessing the scene, chasing the two once again.

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

5/10/2020 10:01 am  #13

The thief cursed internally after glancing behind him to see Tigress and Solaris on his tail. To lengthen the distance between him and his pursuers, he jumped into a streetlight's shadow and reappeared out of a bulding's shadow two blocks away. It wasn't too far from his last spot, but that didn't stop him from running.

Last edited by SongOfStorms (5/10/2020 10:02 am)

~Thunderstorm~
abyss and revenant

5/10/2020 10:26 am  #14

Tigress continued her pursuit, increasing her speed ever-so-slightly in order to catch up to the thief. She was determined not to let the artifact slip out of her grasp.

Last edited by Jack (5/10/2020 10:58 am)

[ JACK ]

5/10/2020 2:56 pm  #15

The thief kept running, running, and running, until he tripped onto the beach's sands and fell with a grunt. The gem slipped out of his grasp and onto the sand ahead. There's only a matter of time before the thief can pick himself up again...

~Thunderstorm~
abyss and revenant

5/10/2020 3:07 pm  #16

Tigress seized this opportunity, grasping the gem and instantly running in the opposite direction, towards what appeared to be a set of abandoned buildings. The villain began to zigzag from roof to roof, trying to throw her pursuers off of her tail.

[ JACK ]

5/10/2020 4:56 pm  #17

"WAIT --" The thief cried, watching helplessly as Tigress took the gemstone and ran away. He got onto his feet, still panting, and began to mull over his options. His cocky smirk that he had been wearing had faded into a much more grim expression.

"Hey, Stellar? Helllloooooo? Do you copy?"

Stellar turned his attention to the voice in his earpiece. "Hear you loud and clear, Neon. What's up?"

"Aren't you going to follow her? She has the gem!"

Stellar shook his head. "I don't think I will. She's not going to go far with it anyway, with the police and that hero around. And, besides, she's basically doing my job for me. There's not even any people around her that could get hurt."

"But she doesn't even know what the gem is! She could get killed by it! And, besides, if she gets out of that set of buildings and goes into the main city -- or if the police catch up to her and take it back to the museum -- all of the work we did for this heist will be for nothing! Do you want to have that many people's blood on your hands, even if one of those people is a villain?"

Stellar frowned. "No, I guess not." He let out a frustrated groan. "Alright, fine. I'll try to stop her. But only because I'm a nice person."

"If you were a nice person, you would make me cookies when you get home --"

Neon's voice was cut out when Stellar shadow-travelled again, this time to one of the rooftops of the abandoned set of buildings. "Hey, Kitty, wait up! There's something you need to know about that gemstone!" He shouted, trying to follow the cat-like thief with a combination of using his grappling hook and running on buildings.

~Thunderstorm~
abyss and revenant

5/10/2020 4:58 pm  #18

The patrol car pulled up at the alleyway just in time to see one of the figures disappear into thin air. "Illusion magic", Vance muttered angrily. In a louder voice he instructed his companion, "Follow that other one!" The officer floored the gas pedal, driving like a man possessed while Vance watched the escaping figures and occasionally shouted directions. "There! That one's got the goods!" The driving officer did his best to follow the thief as they zig-zagged through the buildings, but even though they were on foot it was hard for the driver to keep up while navigating the city streets. Vance swore and picked up the car's radio. "All units! This is Detective Weathers, in pursuit of two fugitives! At least one has powers. Requesting immediate backup!" Vance looked back out the window, continuing to watch the figure on the rooftops as the car swerved through the narrow roads.

-Шухрат Кессикбаев

Chaotic Neutral energy

5/10/2020 5:59 pm  #19

At Stellar's words, the villain whipped back around, although she was still standing a sizable distance away from him. "What now?" she snapped, the gem still nestled under one of her arms. Is this a trick?

Last edited by Jack (5/10/2020 7:32 pm)

[ JACK ]

5/10/2020 6:57 pm  #20

((to clarify, stellar's the thief (violet text), neon's the one talking to stellar (green text). neon's not physically close to anything happening in this thread -- they're just talking to stellar through the earpiece. think of it as stellar being constantly on a phone call with them. no one can hear neon except for stellar))

Stellar hesitated. "What I'm about to say isn't a trick, I promise," he began. He raised his right hand. "Thief's honor." He paused, then pointed to the gemstone. "That... thing you're carrying? That's not a gemstone at all. It's a bomb."

To prove his point, the gemstone started to make a beeping noise.

“Just twist the top and bottom halves and pull them apart, and you’ll see that I’m not lying.”

((ever heard of diamond jack, jack? that’s the vibe i was going for! well, that, and persona 5’s intro scene with the start of the thread)

~Thunderstorm~
abyss and revenant

5/10/2020 7:23 pm  #21

(OH lmao I guess I just mixed up their names haha)
(yes I do know Diamond Jack!! it's such a good animation :0)

"You'd better not be making this up," Tigress growled, although she seemed almost nervous. Still wary, she twisted open the gemstone, and--lo and behold--there was the bomb, its beeping now filling the air. But if this isn't the artifact, then the real one--

She cursed internally. The boss won't be happy to hear about this one.

"How do we get rid of it?" Tigress called aloud. She might have been a villain, but she wasn't going to let the bomb detonate this close to so many innocent people.

Last edited by Jack (5/10/2020 7:23 pm)

[ JACK ]

5/10/2020 7:23 pm  #22

The police car halted in front of a building and Vance lept out with an alacrity that belied his age. Turning to his companion, Vance said, "Stay down here. If they leave the building, follow them!" With that, he ran to the fire escape on side of the abandoned building and started to climb up.

-Шухрат Кессикбаев

Chaotic Neutral energy

5/10/2020 7:50 pm  #23

"Well, I was going to throw it toward the ocean and let it explode above the water. But then you swiped it from me," Stellar responded with a deadpan tone, before turning more serious. "And I don't know if I have the energy to use my shadow travel ability again to get there quickly... or if we have the time before we're caught." He glanced at the police car down below. "I don't think we can defuse the bomb, either."

There was a screen on the bomb that ticked down the time in red numbers -- only a minute left before it exploded.

~Thunderstorm~
abyss and revenant

5/10/2020 8:55 pm  #24

Vance was breathing hard by the time he reached the final ladder. He hauled himself up the last metal rungs, and finally climbed up onto the rooftop. Straightening his tie, Vance approached the two figures. "Alright fellas, it's been a long night, so why don't you just come along quietly and- what is that?"

-Шухрат Кессикбаев

Chaotic Neutral energy

5/10/2020 9:11 pm  #25

"Bomb," Solaris said to Vance before jumping on the rooftop that held the other two. She flicked her wrist to make her staff extend before turning to Stellar. 
"I apologize for not talking before, but I can try to hit the bomb out of civilian reach using the staff? No guarantee, but at least it'll be out of the way."

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

Board footera