The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/05/2020 7:54 am  #1

Diamond Bay (DB) Signups / A FWRP by Riri

Diamond Bay: the scenic cultural hotpot that resides in the crystalline coast of Alda! The city is known for it’s magical backgrounds, prestigious schools, and unique traditions. From the dense city, the battle stadium, to the coastline, there’s never a dull day in Diamond Bay. It’s up to you! What are you going to do? Attend school, take the train, explore your life! This is a free-form role-play where anything is possible. (Well. Almost anything.)

Rules:

• Be kind.
  • Hate the character, not the roleplayer.
  • If you’re interested in modding for the FWRP, please DM me.
  • Keep cursing to a bare minimum
  • Do not invade private roleplay threads without consent from the OP of the thread.
  • If your sign up sheet is declined, mods are required by rule to tell you why the form was rejected.
  • No Mary-Sues/Gary-Stus/Overpowered Beings of the Void.

FORM DETAILS

Character Application - For characters that are to be submitted as roleplayable characters.

Character Development Form - For excess development of characters to help the role-player understand them properly.

Classification Form - Used for registering a classification of a character. A classification is a status that is not given at birth and anyone can take part in it as long as they meet the criteria. (i.e. if a classification of fighters who specialize in music based choreography fights exists, you have to register a form so that people can join it.)

Species Form - Used for registering a species that comes with genetic abilities. These are typically exclusive and you have to be born into the species to gain the powers. (i.e. to make a species of cat-people hybrids, you would have to register them via a species form.)

Student Form - Used EXCLUSIVELY for Bellman’s High students. 

SCHOOL HOUSE DETAILS

There are four houses in Bellman’s High, each based off of one constellation. Choose your character’s house according to their values or the image that would best fit them.

Cygnus - grace and peacemaking

Ursa - intelligence and logic

Corona - leadership and perseverance

Orion - combat and valor

PREINSTALLED CLASSIFICATIONS

- Magical Hero: Average civilians of any race that are given a magical charm from a local citizen. This charm allows them to transform into a superhero with certain powers and a different outfit, alongside a weapon. These heroes typically fight for good, but rarely they go rogue and terrorize instead of protect.

EXTRA FORM NOTES

• If your character is a student at the high school, please attach the “STUDENT” form filled with your custom information.
  • If you are registering a classification, please attach the “CLASSIFICATION” form filled with your custom information.
  • If you are registering a species, please attach the “SPECIES” form filled with your custom information.
  • The “CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT” form is purely optional but highly recommended.
  • Any line in a form marked with “*” is optional.
  • The only mandatory form is the “CHARACTER APPLICATION” form.

~* SIGN UP SHEETS *~

CHARACTER APPLICATION

Legal Name:
Nickname(s):
Fluent Languages:
Species:
Sexuality:
Gender + Pronouns:
Physical Description: (Please include height/BMI category).
Clothing Preference:
Strengths: 
Weaknesses:
*Classification:
*Weapons: (Please include if included in classification. Students on campus are not allowed to possess weapons)
*Powers:
*Crush:
Other: 

(Feel free to cut the * tagged parts out of your form if they are blank!)

Character Development Form (Optional but recommended for a deeper understanding of your character.)
Relationship with Family:
Biggest Fear:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Drink:
Hobbies:
Theme Songs:
Birthday/Zodiac Sign:
Favorite Location: 
Backstory:

CLASSIFICATION APPLICATION FORM:
Name:
Description:
Any standards required?: (Mental, Physical)
Traits specific to classification??:
Closed/Open:
Other: 

SPECIES APPLICATION (For specialty races not known by the general public)
Name:
Defining features:
Brief History:
Traits:
Life Range:
Languages:
Ethnic Background:
Physical Weaknesses:
Closed/Open?:
Other:

STUDENT FORM
Grade:
House: (Choose from the four available, read above)
*Clubs:
*Extracurricular activities:
*Sports:

HERO CLASSIFICATION FORM

Hero Name:
Transformation Charm:
Hero Uniform:
Powers given with Transformation:
Weapon:

Last edited by ghostbunni (5/07/2020 8:39 am)

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

4/07/2020 4:49 pm  #2

Re: Diamond Bay (DB) Signups / A FWRP by Riri

Gotcha, this looks cool >:3

Time to make forms owo

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

4/08/2020 10:34 am  #3

oog indeed the interesting. Now lets see if I can just make a character.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

4/08/2020 11:18 am  #4

Hmm....

I'm still thinking about my character, but I have a feeling that I'll make them today.

Persona:Lavender the Dragon-Cat-Girl-Thing

This is going to be awesome, I just know it!!

4/08/2020 11:18 am  #5

What about Santiago's, though?

4/08/2020 12:16 pm  #6

hmmm, maybe I might need to do a classification form as well, idk about wanting a magical transformation character, though idk what to do it on, which sucks.

tbh, I didn't really know the difference between Santiago and Bellmans. Was one for monsters or something?

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

4/08/2020 1:58 pm  #7

Legal Name:Rebecca Quinn Adams
Nickname(s):None right now, but you can make one up for her!
Birth Language:English
Fluent Languages:English
Species:Human
Sexuality:Straight
Gender + Pronouns:Female(She/Her)
Personality:Rebecca is very much a pushover, as evidenced by her relationship with Ingrid. See, Rebecca doesn't really know how friendship works, and thinks that one person in the relationship has to constantly please and validate the other(which, I just have to say, that's Ingrid's fault), and when fights happen, the pleaser in the relationship has to basically grovel in order to be forgiven by the other person in the relationship(Ingrid also made Rebecca think this).

Rebecca is really nervous that she'll screw up her friendships with both Ingrid and William when she's spending time with either of them, so she usually lies about her interests and is a bit of a yes man when around Ingrid. She used to be like this when she was around William as well, but for some strange reason, William is starting to influence her to be herself when she's around him, which is a weird but strangely freeing feeling for Rebecca.

She's also passive about her opinions when around Ingrid, and is also a bit passive about them when around William as well.

Unfortunately, Ingrid just makes these habits worse, and really, Rebecca should've figured out that Ingrid is using her at this point, but Rebecca is so desperate to keep her friend(well, Ingrid isn't really her friend, but Rebecca doesn't know that) that she ignores her occasional suspicions about her when they pop up.

Rebecca is socially awkward, timid, and shy when interacting with other people besides Ingrid and William(though William isn't really a person), though is surprisingly really sweet and compassionate when separated from Ingrid as well. Rebecca is also intelligent and diligent, though usually uses those traits for not the greatest things(like working hard on her homework so Ingrid can copy it and get an easy A).

Physical Description:5'2, black hair that's usually up in a ponytail, blue eyes, black, square-rimmed glasses, pale skin
Clothing Preference:usually wears purple and black clothing, and likes sweaters in cold weather
*Classification:
*Weapons: (Please include if included in classification. Students on campus are not allowed to possess weapons)
*Powers:
*Alternate forms:
Other: Rebecca also stutters sometimes.

Character Development Form (Optional but recommended for a deeper understanding of your character.)
Relationship with Family:Rebecca's mother and father love her, but they're usually very busy with their respective jobs, her mother being a veterinarian and her father being a judge. Rebecca doesn't have any siblings, either, with the dog who's closest to being that being William, Rebecca's dog/closest companion so far.
Biggest Fear:losing her friends
Favorite Food:Cupcakes!
Favorite Drink:Blackberry Smoothie
Hobbies:reading(mostly about animals), helping at animal shelters and animal clinics
Theme Songs:Um, I don't know??? lol
Birthday/Zodiac Sign:August 23/Virgo
Favorite Location: animal shelters and clinics/the library
Backstory:Rebecca was a wallflower at her old school, and was planning on being one again at her new school before Ingrid found out about her intelligence and became "friends" with her.

As for William, Rebecca found him on Christmas Day at the edge of an alleyway, badly wounded. She tried calling an animal shelter, but they were closed because it was Christmas time, so she picked him up and took him into her home in order to heal him herself.

It was while Rebecca was healing him when William woke up and (*gasp!*) started to talk, making a terrified Rebecca think that William was a demon for a few minutes. After William calmed Rebecca down and the two introduced themselves to each other, William explains that he was one of Santa's puppies, whose job was to help the elves with doing things around the workshop.

This is continued in William's form, but just know that Rebecca now "owns" William and the two of them are pretty good friends.

Grade:Usually A's

House:Ursa
*Clubs:
*Extracurricular activities:
*Sports:

4/08/2020 1:59 pm  #8

@Time:Santiago's was a rival school for Bellman's.

4/08/2020 2:16 pm  #9

working on this~

kat !
any prns

4/08/2020 3:08 pm  #10

Legal Name:William
Nickname(s):None at the moment.
Birth Language:Whatever dogs use
Fluent Languages:English and whatever language dogs use
Species:Dog(Specifically, a pit bull.)
Gender + Pronouns:Male(He/Him)
Age:Is still a puppy, but is probably 10-12 in human years.
Personality:William is kind, caring, and compassionate. He's protective of both his friends(whether they be actual friends or not) and anyone who's in trouble, really. He's both courageous and assertive when he needs to be, but has very bad self esteem and greatly underestimates what impact his good actions have on other people. He's also very insecure.

William can be intimidating when he wants to be, and is usually intimidating when he's protecting someone, but is actually a huge softie despite his distorted view of himself. William is also loyal, perseverant, and stubborn.

Physical Description:brown and white pit bull, with the brown as a large patch on William's lower back, wears a dog collar with magic inside it, was bigger than the other puppies at Santa's workshop(Also, Riri, he's a dog. I don't think that I'll be able to find any BMI for dogs anytime soon.)
Clothing Preference:None. He's a dog, for heaven's sake!
*Classification:
*Powers:
*Alternate forms:
Other: 

Character Development Form (Optional but recommended for a deeper understanding of your character.)
Relationship with Family:William hasn't seen his birth family in years, and the other puppies in Santa's workshop feared and ostracized him just because he was a pit bull. He gets along well enough with Rebecca and her family, though.
Biggest Fear:losing his friends
Favorite Food:steak
Favorite Drink:water(I guess)
Hobbies:None? Can a dog have hobbies?
Theme Songs:Again, I don't know.
Birthday/Zodiac Sign:May 20/Taurus
Favorite Location:I don't think that dogs have that, sorry.
Backstory:Back when he worked in Santa's workshop, the other dogs feared and ostracized him, making William not have the greatest self esteem.

William's only friend(if you can call him that) was a little Jack Russell Terrier named Toby, who always got into trouble that William couldn't keep him out of. In reality, Toby only kept William around so he could be protected from the bullies, but William thought that they were really friends.

On Christmas Day, when Toby secretly goes on board Santa's sleigh in order to find out how the reindeer fly and William joins him in a botched attempt of trying to stop him, William falls off of the sleigh at some point while trying to keep Toby from the same fate and, after teleporting a short distance above the ground, ends up in Diamond Bay, badly wounded and just barely escaping feral cats in an alleyway.

After William passes out and then meets Rebecca(which is described in Rebecca's form), Rebecca convinces her parents to let her keep William, and now both Rebecca and William are trying to keep up a facade of William just being a normal dog while trying to figure out how to get William back home.

SPECIES APPLICATION (For specialty races not known by the general public)
Name:It doesn't really have a name. It's just puppies given sapience and magic by Santa, and who also assist elves in Santa's workshop.
Defining features:I kind of just described them in the Name section.
Brief History:Santa has only been getting puppies from all the world and entrusting them to help out in his workshop fairly recently, to be honest. Turns out the elves needed helpers for some reason.
Traits:loyal to Santa(usually), sapient, able to talk, able to teleport short distances with the aid of magic(though this ability waxes and wanes based on how much Christmas spirit there is in the world at the moment)
Life Range:about the same as a normal dog's, though sometimes Santa extends it if he really likes the puppy
Physical Weaknesses:the same as a normal dog's
Closed/Open?:Open, I guess.
Other:Feel free to make Toby if you want to!

4/08/2020 4:03 pm  #11

Legal Name:Ingrid Ann Smith
Nickname(s):None so far!
Birth Language:English
Fluent Languages:English
Species:Human
Gender + Pronouns:Female(She/Her)
Personality:Ingrid is smart with manipulating other people, but not so smart at academics. That's what she has Rebecca for.

Ingrid is sly, cunning, and, as I said before, manipulative. She uses half-truths and the victim card as discreet weapons, and gains allies(not friends, allies) by carefully using manipulation tactics. At the end of the day, though, she only cares for herself.

Ingrid hates not having an advantage, and usually uses people's flaws against them. She isn't the strongest physically, but she knows how to make the sharpest blows to someone's self esteem emotionally.

Ingrid is usually calm and collected, and will do anything to maintain her beauty, including blackmail and much more...unscrupulous methods.

As Eris, she usually acts the same way as she does as Ingrid, though she's more conspicuous about her malicious intentions and loves causing chaos. She's also more dangerous to anger than Ingrid, as Eris is the one with magical powers.

Physical Description:5'5, long black hair let down, brown eyes, pale skin, usually has make up on
Clothing Preference:cardigans, long sleeved shirts/T-shirts, designer jeans, high heels
*Classification:Magical Villain
*Weapons:A whip(as Eris)
*Powers:None(in this form, at least).
*Alternate forms:Eris(her magical villain alias)
Other:She really isn't the nicest person. Also, she's rich.

Relationship with Family:It's good, as her family doesn't know about Ingrid's manipulative nature or her stunts as Eris at all.
Biggest Fear:losing her influence/becoming old/being perceived as ugly by both her peers and herself
Favorite Food:rice balls
Favorite Drink:apple juice
Hobbies:fingernail painting(usually for her fingernails), painting
Theme Songs:Wolf in Sheep's Clothing, maybe(please don't watch it if you don't like swearing)?
Birthday/Zodiac Sign:July 23/Leo
Favorite Location:the art museum
Backstory:Ingrid got her transformation charm from her dying grandmother, who thought that she would become a great hero while using it. Needless to say, Ingrid didn't.

Villain Name:Eris

Transformation Charm:An expensive bracelet
Villain Uniform:It usually shifts to whatever Eris needs it to be at the moment, but its base form is normal clothing that wouldn't be out of place in Ingrid's wardrobe.
Powers given with Transformation:can create illusions, can teleport short distances, can turn invisible, limited shapeshifting capabilities(can turn into someone if she touches them, but only for five minutes)
Weapon:A whip

STUDENT FORM
Grade:All A's(thanks to Rebecca)
House:Ursa(for a certain definition of intelligence)
*Clubs:Art Club
*Extracurricular activities:Said Art Club
*Sports:

4/08/2020 4:40 pm  #12

Lavender wrote:

Can a dog have hobbies?

Fetch, probably

Call me Marshall. Or Hungry, as that usually describes me.

"Chaos is only an enemy if you're unable to adapt"
-Шухрат Кессикбаев

Dealer of cursed artifacts

Chaotic Neutral energy

T̢h̛e v͝͝oi͜d̷̛ í̶s͘͜͞ ͢͠l̀͞o̵v͝ȩl̛y̸̢,̕͢ ̢̀h͡ǫ҉ṕ̶ ̵͟͏o̧n ҉̛i҉n̷̡

4/08/2020 5:16 pm  #13

HungryCat1 wrote:

Fetch, probably

But, that's what dogs usually do!

4/08/2020 5:27 pm  #14

Isn't that what a hobby is?

Call me Marshall. Or Hungry, as that usually describes me.

"Chaos is only an enemy if you're unable to adapt"
-Шухрат Кессикбаев

Dealer of cursed artifacts

Chaotic Neutral energy

T̢h̛e v͝͝oi͜d̷̛ í̶s͘͜͞ ͢͠l̀͞o̵v͝ȩl̛y̸̢,̕͢ ̢̀h͡ǫ҉ṕ̶ ̵͟͏o̧n ҉̛i҉n̷̡

4/08/2020 5:48 pm  #15

I mean, I guess.

4/08/2020 5:50 pm  #16

Legal Name: Pete
Nickname(s):Nope, none so far!
Birth Language:the language dogs have
Fluent Languages:English and the language dogs have
Species:Dog(Specifically, a bulldog.)
Gender + Pronouns:Male(He/Him
Age:I don't know in dog years, but he's at least in his early 30s in human years.
Personality:As Pete, he’s just a seemingly ordinary dog keeping his extraordinary attributes a secret from not only Mary and her family, but also the new town he now lives in. Pete’s been a normal dog for all his life, so he’s got the behavior down mostly, but his super powers are a really big hassle to tone down and occasionally he’ll want to say something to his human owners but can’t because he’s a dog and they’re not supposed to be able to talk to humans. He’s friendly and docile to his new human family, but cautious and wary around strangers. He can be grumpy at times, but he means well, and honestly likes this part of his life the most because he’s used to it. 

As Defender, he uses his human-like intelligence, super powers, and ability to speak to humans to his advantage. He’s good at making plans on the fly and planning ahead, and can actually be quite intelligent and clever. He’s more serious and gruff as a superhero, with his gruffness coming from the fact that he isn’t used to speaking English and he’s kind of uncomfortable with not barking and whimpering like a regular dog does. His grumpiness is a constant, now, which is probably because he doesn’t want to be a superhero and he’s only doing this for the people’s sake. That being said, he does have a few moments of levity here and there, and while he’s still cautious and wary around strangers, he’ll put that aside if they need help. He hates this part of his life, but he still does the job nonetheless and sees it as something he has to do, whether he likes it or not. 

The personality traits that remain a constant either as Pete or Defender are his courage and tenacity, though the tenacity can turn into stubbornness if Pete/Defender doesn’t want to give up and he probably should. He also blames himself for not being able to prevent Jeremy from killing Jack, even though there was nothing he could do to stop him at that point. Finally, remember what I said about Pete/Defender struggling with his baser instincts? Yeah, he struggles with them in either form, but struggles with them more as Defender. 

Physical Description:Appearance wise, Pete looks like an average brown and white bulldog, while Defender looks like an average brown and white bulldog with a superhero costume on. No one knows his real identity because Pete/Defender also has a subconscious superpower to not let people put two and two together that Pete and Defender are one in the same. As for his voice, Pete’s/Defender’s voice when speaking to humans is deep, masculine, and rough.

Clothing Preference:None. He's a dog, after all.

...Well, he does have a collar that's also his shapeshifting transformation charm, but that's it!

*Classification:Magical Hero
*Weapons:Himself.
*Powers:None in this form.
*Alternate forms:Defender(his superhero alias)
Other:

Relationship with Family: Pete loves his new family, and loved Jack just as much. He would do anything to defend Mary and her parents, and will never forgive himself for not preventing Jeremy from killing Jack.
Biggest Fear:losing his new family
Favorite Food:Steak
Favorite Drink:Water(I guess.)
Hobbies:Fetch???
Theme Songs:I don't know!
Birthday/Zodiac Sign:April 20/Taurus
Favorite Location:*shrugs*
Backstory: Pete just used to be a normal dog whose owner(Jack Smith) just happened to be a scientist/superhero. When Jack falls prey to a mercenary with super powers named Jeremy Jones, Jack quite literally puts his transformation charm(which had shapeshifted into a dog collar) around Pete's neck and tells him to get out of there before Jack dies. Pete does, and along the way, the transformation charm starts to influence Pete, making him start to have human-like intelligence, the ability to talk to humans, and super powers.

This, of course, makes Pete begin to freak out, which draws the attention of some police officers nearby. They see Pete display his new abilities and human-like intelligence, and they immediately try to capture him and bring him to a facility that experiments on superpowered animals in order to see how they tick.

This only makes Pete freak out even more and inadvertently fly away from the city entirely while trying to get away from the police officers. Eventually, he ends up in Diamond Bay, gets adopted by an unassuming Mary and her family, and eventually starts to fight crime, not because he wants to, but because he knows Jack would want him to.

Hero Name:Defender

Transformation Charm:his dog collar
Hero Uniform:blue bodysuit that covers everything except Defender's legs and feet, the dog collar incorporates a charm in the form of a scarlet D in the center of it, mainly scarlet mask with blue lining that covers Defender's top half of his face
Powers given with Transformation:His super powers are the standard super powers of flight, super speed, and super strength respectively. Oh, and he also has a faster reaction time and faster reflexes when he’s using his super speed. I would include his human-like intelligence, his ability to speak to humans, and his extended lifespan that now matches a human being's, but those are permanent side effects of the transformation charm.
Weapon:Himself.

Last edited by Lavender (4/08/2020 7:12 pm)

4/08/2020 6:00 pm  #17

Oh, yeah, and I forgot to include that Defender has a scarlet cape.

4/08/2020 7:22 pm  #18

Lavender really be already putting in characters huh

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

4/08/2020 7:26 pm  #19

Yep!

4/08/2020 9:16 pm  #20

@Everyone who previously knew Diamond Bay: Santiagos was removed for the purpose of a smoother roleplay and the house concept was installed in its place.
~~~~~~
me, waking up and staring at all of the characters lavender submitted and seeing that one of them include a superpowered dog: 

@Lavender all forms look good except for the student forms, grade means 9th-12th grade im so sorry--
after you correct that you're all good

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

4/08/2020 9:42 pm  #21

question - on the student forms, would you put things like band under clubs, or elsewhere?

kat !
any prns

4/08/2020 9:50 pm  #22

@Riri:Okay!

Rebecca's Grade:11

Ingrid's Grade:11

also, lol

4/09/2020 12:01 am  #23

@meerkat yes, under clubs

Last edited by ghostbunni (4/09/2020 12:01 am)

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

4/09/2020 8:28 am  #24

Legal Name: Vail Audra
*Nicknames: Glacies (hero name)
Birth Language: English
Fluent Languages: English
Species: Kooru
Sexuality: Demisexual
Gender + Pronouns: Male (he/him)
Personality: Vail tries to be, on the outside, a stoic and calm person. He’s very socially inept and awkward because 0f his lack of friends. This can make him confused about social cues and the like. He tends to bottle up his emotions and then let them out in huge bursts when he can’t hold them in anymore. Vail is also a very analytical and observant person, with both the world around him and people’s emotions. When he speaks, it’s usually either a snide remark or an observation about something. Vail is also a pretty intelligent and book-smart person, hence why he is in the Ursa house. He comes off as mysterious to people he has just met. But to his friends, he tends to open up a little bit more, occasionally cracking jokes and sharing his feelings. He’s actually a loyal person, all things considered, who would defend and believe in his friends and the people he loves without hesitation. The opposite could be said with himself, though. Vail tends to be a pessimist, if anything, that usually doubts himself. He also takes a little bit longer to respond than most, as he is a person that thinks before he speaks. As Glacies, he tries to be more proper and polite than his usual self. He also tries to be a bit more serious when it comes to solving crime and fighting villains. However, he is much more casual and laid back when he’s hanging out with the other heroes.
Physical Description: Vail stands at around 5’11” and is about 135 pounds, so he’s a little bit underweight. He has a condition known as vitiligo, which is when a person’s skin tone and hair slowly turn pale in splotches throughout their lifetime. Since Vail’s skin is so pale, it’s hard to notice the vitiligo on his skin. However, his messy hair’s color makes up for it: it’s black with white splotches. His eyes are a very pale shade of blue, and his pupils, if someone were to notice them closely, are not black, but a very dark shade of blue. He is cold to the touch, as all Kooru, and when he gets distressed, ice starts to form on his body. 
Clothing Preference: Vail normally wears jackets, long sleeve shirts, and sweatshirts, since he has a lower body temperature. Aviator jackets are usually what he wears the most. They’re usually darker shades and colors to trap in heat. He usually wears blue or black jeans or black yoga pants for pants, and either sneakers or boots for shoes. He also tends to wear a pair of knitted, fingerless gloves, courtesy of Dani.
*Classification: Hero
Powers: Like all Kooru, Vail has a very low body temperature, allowing him to generate ice and frost on his body and on solid or liquid surfaces he is near or touching. However, even though he is much more resistant to low temperatures than others, freezing himself and the surfaces around him for long periods of time can give him frostbite.
*Alternate forms:

Hero Form
Hero Name: Glacies
Transformation Charm: He wears a black cuff bracelet on his left wrist. It has some white specks here and there.
Hero Uniform: When he’s Glacies, he wears a white parka and pants, with black boots that have retractable ice skates in them. He wears black gloves and a black domino mask. His hair also turns completely white.
Powers given with Transformation:  As Glacies, his frostbite drawback goes away, and he also has enhanced agility and stamina. He can also freeze the air around him, and he can summon ice skating blades on his boots and eventually summon a katana that can freeze people with its touch.Weapon: Eventually a katana. It has a light blue blade and a black handle. 

Student Form
Grade: 11th
House: Ursa
*Clubs: Maybe some sort of music club?
*Extracurricular activities: He’s learning guitar.
*Sports: Fencing 

Character Development Form
Relationship with Family: His family died when he was young, so he doesn’t really have one.
Biggest Fear: Cars
Favorite Food: Blueberry muffins
Favorite Drink: Hot chocolate
Hobbies: Playing guitar, listening to music, and ice skating
Theme Songs: Two Birds by Regina Spektor
Birthday/Zodiac Sign: January 27/Aquarius
Favorite Location: He likes the beach a lot. And cafes.
Backstory: There’s not much to it. Vail was a Kooru that was born to a Kooru mother and a human father. He doesn’t remember them much, since the three were caught in a car accident, and Vail was the only one who survived. Vail was then sent to an orphanage. He didn’t make many friends there and didn’t really mention his Kooru status, but he did make a close acquaintance in the owner of a cafe, Dani. He still goes to that cafe every day to get hot chocolate. That same cafe owner gave him his charm so that he could be a hero, as well as a knitted pair of fingerless gloves to keep his hands warm. He eventually managed to get good enough grades so that he could enroll in Bellman’s High.
Other: well this is a very long form

Name: Kooru
Defining features: They look almost identical to humans, and have the same skin tone range, builds, and hair colors as humans do. However, their eyes are always pale shades of blue, sometimes with a little teal or purple mixed in. Their pupils look black from a distance, but if someone looks closer, they can notice that the pupil is actually a dark shade of blue. Kooru are usually cold to the touch and have a lower normal body temperature than normal humans as well.
Brief History: Kooru were created by a magical mutation of humans. This mutation was created from survivors of a plague about a century ago. This plague made the humans who survived have lower body temperatures, and they passed it down to their children. As more Kooru had children together, the average temperature of this species dropped even lower, and some were even able to create ice and freeze things. Since they’re so similar to humans, they don’t have a kingdom of their own; they usually just blend in with human society and keep their Kooru status a secret.
Traits: Kooru have the ability to generate ice and freeze objects. When they’re emotionally distressed, they usually freeze their bodies or surfaces around them on instinct and use that to help defend themselves. Like, for example, freezing their hands to make them become frozen claws.
Life Range: About the same as a human’s lifespan, so about 80 years.
Physical Weaknesses: Most Kooru tend to get frostbite when they overuse their freezing abilities, and have to wear heavy clothes just to stay warm. Their ice creation also doesn’t work well in warm temperatures, either.
Closed/Open?: Open!
Other: thanks to Riri for helping me find a good species name for them! Kooru means “to freeze” in Japanese.

Last edited by SongOfStorms (4/09/2020 8:35 am)

~Thunderstorm~
she/they | writer | cat lover | chaotic tired
abyss and revenant
"Just a little time... just a little something else instead..."

4/09/2020 10:07 am  #25

Legal Name: Jayden Karasu
Nickname(s): Jay (both a sign name and used by close friends/family), Stellar (thief code name)
Birth Language: English
Fluent Languages: English, ASL
Species: Human
Sexuality: Pansexual
Gender + Pronouns: Male (he/him)
Personality: Jayden’s normal personality depicts him as a quiet, yet sweet person. He’s someone who would help his friends at any cost. This tends to make him a bit more selfless, yet reckless than most. Jayden is a very empathetic and observant person, and can sometimes even tell what someone is thinking just by the look on their face. He’s quite alert and even a little paranoid, though; his status as Diamond Bay’s resident gentleman thief made him as such. Jayden’s also pretty reserved; he tends to tackle his problems by himself, and is obligated not to get help from others about his problems. He’s not really the most book-smart person in the room, either; he’s not great at science or math, and probably won’t be able to help someone with any questions about those two topics, either. However, Jayden is very street smart and creative, and is very quick on his feet when he’s in a tough situation. He tends to be rather clingy to the people he is close to, no doubt due to his abandonment issues. He is also a selective mute, who mainly talks to others through sign language or through typing words on his phone. He can start to verbally speak if he’s very comfortable or is with close friends or family or when his rebellious spirit takes control.
    That being said, the spirit that he accepted to become a soul mage was his repressed spirit of rebellion. With his rebellious spirit’s personality, Jayden is much more sarcastic and witty than his normal self. He tends to smirk a lot, and there’s an air to him that he knows something someone else doesn’t. Jayden is a lot more smug and is much more mischievous with this personality. However, he also has a pretty short temper and is more reckless than usual -- watch your back if you anger him or hurt his friends when his rebellious spirit is in control. His spirit personality also translates to when he’s Stellar, too.
Physical Description: Jayden is about 5’8”, and has pretty average weight for his height: about 135 pounds. He’s bi-racial, being half Caucasian, half Japanese, so he has traits from both of those races. He has jet black hair and gray eyes, as well as pale skin. He has some lean muscle from training to be a thief and a gymnast. There’s two scars near the corner of his left eye that look a little bit like something deeply scratched him. When his rebellious spirit is in control, his eyes change to a shade of indigo, and he has glowing indigo markings that look sort of like scythes underneath his eyes. 
Clothing Preference: Jayden usually wears plain clothes, usually black or dark sweatshirts, parkas, or long sleeves on top. When he’s wearing the former two, he usually keeps the zipper open. Underneath his jackets, he usually wears a plain-colored simple t-shirt -- usually either gray, purple, blue, green, or red. He tends to wear jeans and black sneakers as well. His Cowl is much more fancy than his normal clothes. It’s the typical gentleman thief attire: a black three-tailed long coat, gray dress pants, dark boots with a slight heel to them, dark gloves, and a silver, high-necked waistcoat with indigo accents. He also wears a black bird-like domino mask with silver and indigo accents.
*Classification: Soul Mage (specifically, an indigo soul mage)
*Weapons:  A pair of daggers. They’re light with silver triangular blades and black handles with purple accents. There’s a hole in the middle of each one so that Stellar can whip them around. He keeps them at home, though, when he’s not doing one of his heists.
*Powers: Being an Indigo Soul Mage, Jayden has shadow and illusion magic. He can manipulate, control, and make tangible shadows, and even make somewhat sentient shadow creatures depending on how rebellious he feels. He can also make illusions; the detail and the size of them depending on his emotions as well. When he's really rebellious, he can turn into a shadow and can even teleport by using shadows. He also has access to the Twilight’s Cowl; a thief-like outfit that is more described in the clothing preference section above. 
*Alternate forms:  

Student Form 
Grade: 10
House: Cygnus
*Clubs: Cooking, Art, GSA
*Extracurricular activities: He works at Saros’s coffee shop, Sigmund Cafe. He also occasionally takes art commissions from time to time.
*Sports: Gymnastics (gotta be acrobatic and extra during heists) 

Character Development Form
Relationship with Family: His relationship with his former foster family was… not so great. However, his relationship with his current foster family is really good! He loves his new guardian, Saros, like the man was his own father, and his foster cousin Harlow is basically his little sibling. He even helps at Saros’s cafe and Harlow helps him with heists! 
Biggest Fear: Speaking, of course. Also if his family and/or friends would turn on him.
Favorite Food: He really likes both sushi and curry! They help him connect to his heritage.
Favorite Drink: This kid’s addicted to coffee.Hobbies: Drawing, playing Animal Crossing, cooking and baking, and a little bit of thievery and pickpocketing.
Theme Songs: It’s Alright by Mother Mother
Birthday/Zodiac Sign: November 26/Sagittarius
Favorite Location: Sigmund Cafe, of course!
Backstory: Jayden was abandoned by his mother when he was five years old, and he was adopted by a couple of rich business owners. He wasn’t treated as a son -- he was treated more like their servant than such. He was taught to not speak or be punished, which led to his selective mutism, and he would have to do errands and chores for them while his guardians entertained themselves with fancy parties. He secretly hated it -- but was unable to express those feelings to anyone, and was unable to do anything to stop the verbal and occasional visible abuse. He would try to vent by sketching his surroundings, but it was not enough for him. So, he repressed his willingness to fight back.
    ...Until when he was eleven. Jayden’s guardians dragged him to Diamond Bay, where they and their associates had a party at the beach. Jayden managed to wander off, and he soon found the Crystal Cove. The boy was enamored with all the shiny crystals, and soon found himself watching his reflection in a certain indigo gem. His repressed rebellious spirit suddenly came to life -- a shadowy version of himself with a thief’s attire, wings, and claws -- and he was soon attacked by it when it jumped out of the crystal. The two battled (or, in Jayden’s case, tried to escape), but it wasn’t long before Jayden was pinned to the ground. The spirit berated him when he finally spoke to him to stop, and asked why he repressed him for so long. Jayden slowly realized that the spirit wasn’t just any old monster -- it was his own thoughts and feelings he kept suppressing for the past six years. After a bit of denial, he accepts that the spirit is a part of himself, and he gains the powers of a soul mage. His guardians came to check on where he was, and with a determined proclamation that he isn’t going to listen to them anymore, he ran away into the alleys of the city… and soon collapsed when it began to storm.
    When Jayden woke up, he was lying on a couch with Saros taking care of him. The coffee shop owner had found the unconscious boy in the rain and decided to take care of him and nurse him back to health, since Jayden has a pretty nasty fever after it. Jayden was very paranoid and reserved at first, but once he bonded with Saros’s nibling, Harlow, he began to slowly open up to the two. They helped teach Jayden sign language so that he could speak and helped him control his new powers. When Jayden’s old guardians came to Sigmund to find Jayden a couple of weeks after Saros found him, Saros demanded that the two give up their guardianship rights of Jayden. They quickly relented; they wanted nothing to do with the boy after he accepted his rebellious spirit. So, they gave their guardianship of Jayden to Saros. Jayden’s been living in Diamond Bay ever since, and even started to become the local gentleman thief to help others who were powerless to stop their oppressors, like he once was. He eventually starts going to Bellman’s High as a member of the Cygnus house.
Other: shadowy thieving boi! Might write a one-shot about the beach party and the spirit encounter at the Crystal Cove someday...

Name: Soul Mage
Description: Soul mages are a classification that uses specific emotions to cast spells and use magic. Different soul mages have different “shades” of this magic they can access depending from the standards below. These mages are pretty hard to come by in the world, since there’s specific locations where one can become a Soul Mage. However, one of those places is in Diamond Bay: the Crystal Cove. These mages also have “multiple personalities” in a sense, with their personalities tied to their magic pretty obvious to point out with their glowing eyes and markings on their faces. 
Any standards required?: Becoming a Soul Mage is a bit...complicated. A person only needs one specific mental trait before they can become a Soul Mage: repressed feelings and emotions. There is not a specific emotion for becoming a Soul Mage; in fact, multiple repressed and similar emotions tend to make the chances more effective of becoming a soul mage. The person then has to go to the Crystal Cove and look into their reflection in one of the crystals. Once that happens, a monster-like version of themselves (usually made out of energy from the element the crystal is associated with and wearing different clothes from the person that summoned them) comes out of the crystal’s reflection and approaches the person. This monster is usually called a “spirit,” and can range from angry, to upset, to happy, depending on the emotions that the person repressed. Think of it as like, for example, if their “spirit of rebellion” or “spirit of bravery” came to life. This spirit also has magic, depending on the color of the crystal that it came from. When the person accepts the spirit as a part of themselves, the spirit will disappear and become a true part of the person’s soul, and the person has access to the magic, the clothes, and the personality the spirit had. However, this will mentally and physically drain the person. It’s pretty common that they pass out after the ritual has been completed.
Traits specific to classification??: As stated before, Soul Mages have multiple personalities, and their appearance can reflect which personality they have. For their normal personality, the person looks normal; but with a spirit personality, they have glowing eyes and markings on their faces, with the color depending on the type of crystal that the person saw their reflection in. The more dominant that personality becomes, the stronger the user’s magic becomes. This personality is shown to be strongest when the user is wearing their “Cowl,” which are almost carbon copies of the spirit’s clothes that person can summon or unsummon if their emotions are strong enough. Cowls usually have some sort of face wear, like goggles or masks, symbolizing that a person is wearing a mask of their new personality.  The magic these mages can use depends on the colors/types of gems the crystals were… and are, thus, on a spectrum. I’ll just give a few examples, but feel free to add your own!:
-Gold -- Light and Creation
-Indigo -- Shadows and Illusion
-Rose Quartz -- Time and the Mind
-Jade -- Plants and Healing
-Carnelian -- Fire and Strength Augmentation
-Ruby -- Plagues and Decay
-Sapphire -- Water and Transfiguration
-Peridot -- Wind and Teleportation
-Onyx -- Death and Ghosts
Also, yes, Soul Mages can have multiple spirits/types of magic. However, the more spirits a soul mages accepts, the more mentally unhinged and insane they become.
Closed/Open: Open!
Other:  i hope i didnt make this too complicated...

Last edited by SongOfStorms (5/11/2020 8:57 am)

~Thunderstorm~
she/they | writer | cat lover | chaotic tired
abyss and revenant
"Just a little time... just a little something else instead..."

Board footera