The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/27/2021 1:16 am  #1

(Another Private RP @GalaxE) I'm literally shaking, I'm nervous

(Said Narrator is nervous because this plot can easily crash and burn if he doesn't do this right or lead the plot right and begs for forgiveness if it does because SOMEHOW this is going to go "kinda fluff-angst-fluff" and he hasn't done plots like that. If there are any existing gods, he pleads to let this work out PLEASE) 

Really, starting a scene that takes place at night gives intense d'ja vu to past plot, but here we are. 

First, it was a cloudless night. Radiant, beautiful, stunning: all great words to describe the millions of stars that shone brightly overhead. It was cool outside, a jacket or sweater (usually) needed to be comfortable. 

There was a teenager walking swiftly the path of a forest trail, close to her destination. She didn't use a flashlight; she didn't need one. The stars and wonderful moon provided enough light for her to make out the trees in detail. 

Echo was alone at this hour. She had left a note for her family to see so they wouldn't worry. Echo had explained that she was going to try to see the meteor shower that was suppose to happen around midnight to early morning. Everyone was asleep when she had left, and she would more than likely be back before they woke up. 

It was only a couple minutes before Echo found the clearing of land. It was quiet except for the rustling of trees and the sounds of a few night critters exploring. The teen girl sat down and looked around, seeing only she was there. 

Echo was alone... 

...Or was she? 

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2/06/2021 3:52 am  #2

Re: (Another Private RP @GalaxE) I'm literally shaking, I'm nervous

Well, let's just start off by making it clear--he's not a stalker.
Unfortunately, that makes this much harder to coordinate. So hard, in fact, that the narrator spent...almost two weeks putting off this thread. Also, because they thought there'd be more writing involved. Figures.
Anyways, like usual, they spent time thinking up a plan just to discard it. Yay!
So, we're gonna do that thing where the narrator makes horrible decisions and doesn't immediately put a character in. Instead, they're gonna ramble, maybe incorrectly, about meteor showers.
Well, meteor showers aren't actually showers. The meteors aren't all that frequent. They're not supposed to be, anyways.
But a clearing is a good place to view it. A big clearing should be the best, though, or else...well, it'd suck to have your view obstructed by trees even for a few seconds.

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
Birds aren't real.

2/06/2021 11:02 am  #3

Considering that the Narrator was extremely tired when he wrote the first post, it's probably best that he hadn't written more or it would have been a trainwreck of a POV. 

Yep, so that's why we're in a clearing! There's not much for Echo to do other than stargaze, so that's what she's doing. 

Hmm, the Narrator is not sure how anything works, honestly, so listening (well, reading) the other Narrator talk is fun! OwO tell me about the falling space rocks. 

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2/09/2021 12:39 am  #4

Has she stopped yet? 

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
Birds aren't real.

2/09/2021 12:48 am  #5

Yeah, Echo is currently sitting and staring up at the sky, mentally pointing out constellations to herself. 

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2/13/2021 9:40 pm  #6

Wow, the constellations are getting messed up.
By that, I mean the stars are literally rearranging themselves. 
Yay.

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

2/14/2021 12:08 am  #7

It takes Echo a second to realize this. She rubbed her eyes and then looked back up at the sky in confusion. 

Did stars normally do that and she never noticed? Well, Echo wouldn't know how stars work too well, considering that she comes from a place where stars don't exist. She does read astronomy books, but Echo was considering that maybe she was forgetting information. 

Naturally, her mind is trying to find some way to explain the gosh darn constellations rearranging. 

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2/26/2021 11:58 pm  #8

Too slow. While Echo's mind is turning gears, all the stars are shifting, joining what seems to be a cycle.

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

2/27/2021 12:23 am  #9

Echo continued to watch the sky, her confusion melting into a fascination and awe. In a way, it was very beautiful, in her opinion. 

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

3/20/2021 1:57 am  #10

The stars shift and shift again in a spiral, looping around each other as if hands entwined.

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

3/20/2021 10:07 pm  #11

"Wow..." Echo breathed out, her mind coming into focus long enough to form her thoughts into a few words. "How beautiful..." 

She wanted to take a video of such a wonderful thing, but she didn't want to ever look away from the animated sky. Echo, after a few splendid moments, quickly grabbed her phone from her bag and looked down to pull up the camera app. She hit "record" and looked back up, holding her phone up to record the fascination above. 

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

5/01/2021 8:35 pm  #12

You know, it's ironic that less than 3 seconds after she starts recording, the stars seem almost to change into a band of light that expands and then suddenly bursts, as if imploding. From the center of their former elliptical shape is a black speck, kind of like some black comet that just fell from the sky. Fortunately, it doesn't fall anywhere around her. But if she's keen enough to have seen it and continues to have her gaze linger upon it, the speck somehow seems strangely familiar. (Alliteration! Hah.)
The narrator thought that meteor showers were supposed to last longer? Ah well.

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

5/01/2021 9:19 pm  #13

Echo indeed noticed the black speck falling from the sky. She watched it fall and stopped recording. She wondered if it hit somewhere nearby, and she wondered if she should try looking for it. Yes, it indeed felt familiar... 

Maybe it was a cool rock! Echo felt curious enough to stand up and head towards the direction it fell, the idea of a cool-looking rock interesting her enough for her to search for the speck, if it even fell to the earth, anyway. Echo felt a little childish, but she was alone and allowed herself to go. She stared up at the sky as she walked, keeping watch to see if anything else interesting happened or fell. 

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

5/30/2021 1:27 am  #14

The only interesting thing is that the edges of the sky, the very parts around the circumference of where the eye can see, seem to be like parts of a larger horizon, like when the sun is showing up. However, if one were to pause for a little more and watch, the sight remains constant and unchanging, perhaps a bit ironic in that case.
Nothing else falls, however. Or perhaps it's too hard to see.

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

5/30/2021 2:40 am  #15

Echo just continues on, the idea of a cool rock very encouraging. She's a bit of a weird gal, she is, she is, but this is a very cool trick of Keeping The Plot Going lol.

Echo was careful to not trip over anything as she went, because, well, she's speed walking pretty fast (hence the word "speed").

The Narrator is going to ask the other Narrator if it's okay for this Narrator to stray from the original intended, planned plot to make this much more wholesome? Because, like, wjdjsjxjjs he feels like Forums! Echo needs Wholesome. Also for the sake of his sanity and mental health lol. It's fine to not tho.

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

5/31/2021 11:38 pm  #16

The narrator is just going to point out that this wasn't intended to be plot in the first place, so technically that post implies that the other narrator was going to try to trick them,,, more fluff is good though!
It's now dark enough in the surroundings to not be able to really tell what's around. Presumably, if the rock isn't special in the sense of glowing like a lantern, it's going to take a little bit to find. Sacrifices, hey? By the way, yes, the stars are still there, but it's not like before, where there was basically a pirouette dance of light in the night.

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/01/2021 12:20 am  #17

The Narrator is pretty sure they mentioned that the plot would be angst to fluff and has mentioned this at least three times, as well as the first post is of the Narrator being an absolute anxiety wreck over it. Anyway, coolio. 

Echo slowed down a bit. She doesn't exactly have night vision, but she does have a pretty good, above average sense of sight in the dark. 

"Rocky rock rock rock," Echo muttered, slowing enough for herself to scan the ground for cool rocks. Really, now she's just in the mindset of finding random objects. She picks up a few rocks and pieces of glass and continues her way onwards as she stuffs the pieces of random objects in her bag. 

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

6/01/2021 12:53 am  #18

You know how the narrator doesn't really mix fluff with angst personally. The three times thing sounds a lil wonky, though. Maybe it's the fact that it's been almost a year or something. The narrator's sense of time in the long term also sucks, by the way.
In addition, did the narrator mention that they--
"Rock?" asks a voice out of absolutely nowhere right behind her. 
--suck at fluff? Jeez.

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/01/2021 3:22 am  #19

Mood.

Echo didn't really register this, so while picking up a random twig, she nodded, "Yep, rock." After a moment, she paused, realizing.

"There's someone behind me," Echo thought aloud, slowly putting the twig in her bag. "...So should I, uh, be afraid? Now is not really the time for, uhm, time for a battle. I just want... some rocks 'n stuff..."

She very slowly turned around, looking behind her to see who spoke, if anyone is really there, anyway. Maybe it was all in her head? Hm. Anyway, she's moving slowly in hesitation to look because, well, who knows what possibly could be behind her?

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

6/01/2021 3:50 am  #20

No, if this were an ambush, you'd be dead or dying already, Echo. 
"Yes, be really afraid," the voice goes sarcastically, though it somehow seems to actually put some effort into being scary. It fails. The owner of it fails, anyways. It just sounds like he's having a premature voice crack.
The only part he doesn't fail in is that she actually can't see him. 

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/01/2021 9:47 am  #21

Echo continued turning, looking around. She does a full 360°.

"...Uh... Sooooo... am I talking to a ghost?" Echo asked as she didn't see anyone around her. She spotted a nice-looking rock and headed to it, picking it up and dusting it off.

"If so, uhm, I'm sorry, but, uh, I can't really help with the whole 'help me pass to the afterlife' thing. I'm not good at that stuff- helping, I mean. So... uh..."

She put the rock in her bag.

"Sorry. I have some random stuff though, so if you would like, I dunno, a rock or something... Or a twig, I found a nice twig."

She's awkwardly shuffling around, kicking some dirt up on the ground. She sounds nervous and is trying her best to be polite.

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

6/01/2021 7:43 pm  #22

"That wouldn't be your job, unless you're Hermes," informs the 'ghost' helpfully. "You're not," he adds.

Last edited by GalaxianExplosion (6/01/2021 7:43 pm)

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/02/2021 12:56 am  #23

"Oh... uh..." Echo picked up another twig and stared down at it. It was a good twig.

"Uhm... oh gods I didn't even... Uhm, Hello? I mean, yea... Hello. Sorry, I didn't even say hello first. Hello."

She put the twig away and picked up another.

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

6/02/2021 1:43 am  #24

"Hi," he...agrees? He really sounds like he's agreeing.

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/02/2021 2:36 am  #25

"Uhm... if you're not a ghost... I'm sorry, uh, then why can't I see you?"

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Board footera