The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/21/2020 4:22 pm  #1

(Private RP @GalaxE) Time to redo an old plot! Oh ho ho!

The axe's blade hit its target, burying deep and cracking bone.

There was a moment, a moment in which Creator's eyes connected with Echo's. A brief smile as Echo, who was tired and irritated, yanked her weapon out of his chest with a cold attitude.

The world went slow as blood spilt and a cry of pain sounded from the dictator.

The strangest thing had happened as he fell to his knees: Creator disappeared in a puff of dark gold dust. Dust of Death, Glitchians called it, dust that Glitchians were supposed to slowly turn into after death. It was strange for it to happen at once, for someone to die and rot instantly.

Echo, North, Silence, and Lillian all looked around the throne room, trying to see if Creator had teleported. If this was a trap. If this was fake hope.

Minutes passed.

Many minutes passed.

A voice, tired and breaking, spoke, "Is it over?"

Echo cleared her throat before continuing.

"Did we win? Is the battle over now?"

Lillian closed her eyes, a few more minutes passed before she answered with an equally trembling voice and relieved smile.

"His life's presence is gone. Creator is no more."

It was like a weight had been lifted. All this pain, all this fighting, it wasn't in vain. They had won.

North yelled, jumping as he pumped his fist into the air, "WE'RE FREE!"

He smiled over to his siblings, tears forming in his eyes as he realized the battle was over, "We're free!"

Echo grinned back and turned to Galaxian, "W-we did it... Galaxian, we won! Everyone doesn't need... everyone doesn't need to suffer anymore!"

Her tone was so happy, so hopeful, as she spoke. It was perhaps the first time she had ever talked in such a way, with so much relief and wishing. There was a difference in her eyes, a spark of hope burning. A spark of joy that didn't exist before.

A spark that will surely be snuffed out.

She ran up to him, her friend who had helped them, and cried as the meaning flooded her mimd, "Everyone can be happy now, right? We won! We... everyone, the people here... the war will stop! Everything... everything will go back to normal, right! People won't die meaningless deaths! The executions will stop!"

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

11/21/2020 4:41 pm  #2

Re: (Private RP @GalaxE) Time to redo an old plot! Oh ho ho!

Every generation before him had won their battles, but it was a golden rule--victory was to be celebrated, to be cherished, but never to be taken as granted. 
It was ironic, really, because Galaxian Explosion had never truly celebrated a victory of his own. It was only as if he took them in stride, heeding congratulations but burying everything else within himself, because every victory meant that he, once again, had witnessed something he had come to despise. An end to another event filled with suffering and death, which at some point would begin again, sometimes in a world he would not come to know of until much later, sometimes in a world closer to him that would yet again remind himself of his failure to stop the cycle again. It was a repeat of all the tumult inside of himself that he tried not to show. 
Here was another end. Others were celebrating. He was...
What was he doing?
The being who had come to identify himself as a forumer was silent. He wanted to do the usual--to congratulate the others on their perceived end to the events, to add to his seemingly perpetual smile despite feeling it was the falsest thing in the world, and then merely ready himself for the next time. It was a natural way of events for him--to deny the shattering realism of himself for those moments as he allowed others to not become warped into the cycles he saw and faced and the agony he had when he saw anyone vanish like that.
He despised the Creator, he knew. From the moment he laid eyes upon the other, there were too many similarities. The narcissism, the violence, the arrogance, all of it. He had fought like he always had, somehow seeming to accept the ending in the process, but...he could never accept it. 
For some, an ending was a reprieve. He needed to remember and respect that.
The usual blue glow around the warrior pulsed as he smiled at Echo. "He is gone. You are all free now."

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
Birds aren't real.

11/21/2020 5:35 pm  #3

Echo nodded, a laugh coming from her. It was a small, tired laugh. They were free. She was free. She didn't have to be a puppet anymore, a thing for Creator to control. She was free.

Echo was free.

Soon though, the reality of a question hit as well.

Silence spoke it, the only one who wasn't rejoicing or smiling. She asked it, causing everyone to stop in place.

"What's next? What will happen next?"

Silence tilted her head up coolly, thinking. Her sharp eyes pierced the air and landed on Lillian, and she talked before anyone could really consider an answer for the question.

"I would suggest you go and gather the royal council. By law, you're the next ruler, right? They would want to hear of King Alder's death, I'm sure they'll be happy. Go and rest, too. Now."

It wasn't a friendly tone, it was rather forceful and cold, but it was perhaps a better tone than what Silence normally used.

Lillian nodded, then said, "T-thank you, all of you. Without any of you... thank you!" She waved then turned quickly to leave.

Echo watched, wiping the tears from her face away. She took a breath, trying to figure out what emotion she was feeling.

What next?

What now?

Those were hard questions, despite the words being simple.

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

11/21/2020 6:14 pm  #4

Maybe it's because Galaxian thinks the answer is simple that he isn't answering. He instead lets his gaze linger on every destroyed part in the throne room, his smile dropping to its usual smallness. 

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
Birds aren't real.

11/21/2020 6:33 pm  #5

There was a quiet that rested upon the scene. No one spoke except for Silence who perhaps didn't care much of what had happened.

"So. I would perhaps suggest that we should rest as well. We'll figure out the future later."

Silence didn't specify anything else. She didn't want to talk much more. She didn't feel like it.

Silence coughed a few times, cursing at herself inwardly before standing straight and then pointing at Galaxian, finding one more thing to say, despite not wanting to talk anymore.

"You too. I know you don't need sleep and all, but you definitely need to rest too. Don't try to (censor)ing avoid it."

Silence didn't smile, but her lips twitched upward for possibly a half a second, forming something near a smile for that brief moment.

"I guess we'll have to jump back to the other dimension, right? If we use a teleporter pad down 'round in that one room, we can save a lot of energy," North said.

Echo nodded, then asked, "Galaxian, what do you think?"

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

11/21/2020 7:48 pm  #6

"I don't need to," Galaxian responds to Silence seriously. "I wouldn't be avoiding it. Furthermore, I can teleport us back."

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

11/21/2020 7:52 pm  #7

Silence huffed and rolled her eyes, looking a bit annoyed from Galaxian's response.

"Are you sure?" North asked. "We wouldn't want you to over exert yourself."

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

11/21/2020 8:06 pm  #8

There's an awkward space where a laugh should have been, but then Galaxian says, "I really didn't do much. There's no reason for me to slack off."

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

11/21/2020 8:47 pm  #9

"Well... alrighty then," North said. "Is everyone else ready?"

Echo and Silence both nodded.

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

11/22/2020 9:16 pm  #10

Galaxian goes still. Now, it's not the first time he acts in an off manner. In fact, he does that all the time. It's not so much of a sense of paranoia from him as a consistent, edging awareness, as if he's trying to sense everything and anything. In a way, his sixth sense enables that even without his cautiousness, making it ever sharper of an attempt.
"Before we go back, are you sure Lillian is safe going off on her own?" he asks, his tone covered with alertness and an increasing sense of alarm. As if on cue, his aura pulses slightly then decreases, enabling a flash of his silver armor. 

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

11/22/2020 9:21 pm  #11

Echo blinked a few times, trying to think.

"Do you think it's not safe for her here right now?" Echo nervously asked. "Should we stay here to protect her? Is something off?"

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

11/22/2020 9:48 pm  #12

"I don't know. Something is just off," Galaxian admits, though no worry appears on his face. "Perhaps I'm mistaken or searching across too far a range."

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

11/22/2020 9:58 pm  #13

Silence frowned and cursed under her breath, then said, "Keep your guards up. Possibly... possibly the fight isn't over yet..."

Echo looked even more nervous now, and North's cheerfulness died a bit. No one moved, as if expecting some kind of attack to happen if they did.

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

11/22/2020 10:26 pm  #14

"I don't think it's directed towards you all," Galaxian says with what could be interpreted as his absolute poker face. "Don't worry that much."

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

11/22/2020 10:30 pm  #15

"Huh? Where's it comin' from then?" Echo asked.

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

11/23/2020 8:30 pm  #16

There's a difference between "towards" and "from", and Galaxian seems to just leave that up in the air to hang a bit while he checks. The bad vibes from the throne room were already there, but for him, it's hard to gauge if there has been an increase and, if so, where it's coming from.
"Maybe we should just leave," he says as if he's throwing out his words. "I feel like a bad omen to this place right now."

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

11/23/2020 9:18 pm  #17

Silence narrowed her eyes, trying to figure out what Galaxian meant by the words "I feel like a bad omen to this place right now." She didn't say anything, but she analyzed Galaxian carefully, looking for some kind of fault. His words... didn't seem right. Did he mean to say "I feel like there is a bad omen to this place right now.", or was there something else? Silence nearly laughed at herself, thinking that maybe she was just looking too far into it, that maybe she was looking for a meaning or message that didn't exist. Damn, she was tired anyway, so it would be a waste of energy to think about it. Silence continued to stare, though, and more wonderings crept into her consciousness. Was Galaxian even able to feel weary? He didn't need to sleep, Silence knew that, but was he able to burn himself out? Ugh, she had been around him for so long yet still knew nothing about him... How stupid.

Echo nodded, then smiled, "L...Let's go... yea, let's go then." The relief she had felt before had melted away into anxiety, so she fidgeted with the armor chain on her neck, wondering if it was safe to summon back the silver armor she wore. Echo nodded at Galaxian to possibly give him reassurance. Or maybe it was to reassure herself? The teen girl didn't know.

North looked uneasy, a hesitation in his mind, but instead of voicing this worry, he said with a thumbs up, "Whatever you think is, like, the best for us to do! I trust ya! If you think we should go, then we shall go."

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

11/23/2020 9:59 pm  #18

"You're coming with us?" the forumer asks North passively. 
Naturally, the logic behind that is because North lowkey had to assault them in SAMBria. Unlike Silence, he hadn't been living in SAMBria for a while. So, it seemed weird he had come back to his supposed home and was now going to not-his-home again. 

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

11/23/2020 11:08 pm  #19

North took this in the wrong way.

"O-oh! Do I need to stay here? Yes sir!" North saluted, his eyes glazing over for a bit. He looked very suddenly serious.

Echo explained, catching what Galaxian meant, "No, no, he's just surprised that you would want to come to an unfamiliar place, ya know? Because the MD is your home and stuff."

North tilted his head, slowly putting his hand down.

"My home? Oh, I see, I understand! Because I'm not used to that place! Hmm..."

North turned to face Galaxian, his seriousness turning into a smile.

"...I suppose I actually just want to make sure my sisters and you make a safe trip! To be honest, I was going to come back here later after."

North scratched the back of his head in embarrassment for saluting and misinterpreting Galaxian's words.

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

11/24/2020 11:25 pm  #20

"There is not much danger in terms of transport," Galaxian says with no visible concern on his face, "but the concern is appreciated."

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

11/25/2020 11:28 am  #21

North looked a bit worried, but nodded. He quickly hugged his sisters. 

"I'll see you guys later on, okay?!" 

Echo flinched at North's loudness but nodded, "Okay!" 

Silence yawned, "Yea." 

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

11/28/2020 7:27 pm  #22

(Boop) 

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

11/30/2020 12:37 pm  #23

(Boop) 

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

12/03/2020 12:23 pm  #24

(Boop)

Echo
He/Him xe/xem
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

12/04/2020 12:53 am  #25

(Just so you know, bumping it doesn't actually increase my ability to respond and POV, so it's fine if you leave that out more, both for increased readability and also just to save more of your precious time.)

Galaxian is maybe slightly perplexed why suddenly it looks like everyone is doing goodbyes, but he kind of just takes it in stride.

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

Board footera