The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/27/2020 4:30 pm  #1

(MT) Something's Odd in the Void (Intro-Req/Leg)

((This can also be an intro for anyone))

A small island floated in the penumbra of world and Void. It levitated between Anima and Terminus and was perforated with the songs of Void Venators. The island had become overgrown with Void Kelp and even some Void Coral. Strange creatures, some undocumented, crawled and slithered over its wilderness.. The only remains of civilization on the lonely island was a desolate graveyard, with epitaphs in a language forgotten by time.

Something was scavenging in the darkness. What appeared to be a cloak at first was actually multiple pairs of ruined, tattered wings. Membrane and feathers were ripped and destroyed, like a dragonfly's wings squished by a boot. Sharp claws, covered in something like an exoskeleton (or perhaps scales), examined a butterfly tenderly. The butterfly fluttered landing on one sharp talon. It was something new. The figure watched like a curious child. They dripped a black, almost blue-tinged ichor, as if they were constantly bleeding. But they didn't seem to mind. Rather, they seemed almost solemn.

Crack! 

A piece of coral was stepped on, snapping apart audibly. The butterfly, startled, flew away. The figure whipped their long neck around, tensing up. A finned, alien skull glared, with cyan firefly-like dots glowing inside eye sockets. The fins flicked up, revealing feathery gills. A sharp tail uncurled, and the figure stood up like a digitigrade bear. In a soft, echoed voice, they finally spoke.

"Issss someone therrrrreeee?

Requiem/Legacy

Ace/Genderqueer: They/Xe

It's Always Spooky Season Time.

Just an eldritch dragon disguised as dice.

"Dude! Let me in! I'm a fairy!"
"DON'T YOU BELIEVE IN F A R I E S ?"

10/28/2020 8:34 am  #2

Re: (MT) Something's Odd in the Void (Intro-Req/Leg)

"Idiot! The coral was right there, how could you have not noticed it! You stepped on it, so don't blame me."

A strange being stepped out of the shadows, and looked at the other strange being.

"Sorry about my counterpart. I'm Axel. I should be apologizing for you, you were the one not sneaking! I'm Shard, and this idiot is my counterpart."

A-x-e-l, got it memorized?
   ----------------------------------
   Bow Before Ark Angel

eye see you
      Constantly Tired
     WE FOUND THE CHEESE

10/28/2020 11:48 am  #3

The figure stood twitching, examining Axel and Shard. They didn't seem like a threat. No armor or great swords or those strange things that gave the figure immense rage. Why was that? Why did they hate the honorable ones? They couldn't even remember now. At least this one (two?) was safe.

"I am Requiem and I am Legacyyyy. Or at least what my memoriessss sssay. I don't have many."

Awkwardly, Requiem tried bend down to appear less tall in compared to Axel and Shard. They looked kind-of goofy that way, but less intimidating. Besides them, a butterfly fluttered over, the one they were examining earlier. The butterfly landed on Axel and Shark for a moment, before flying away. Legacy watched with eagerness. It was oddly sweet for an eldritch abomination. 

Requiem/Legacy

10/28/2020 11:47 pm  #4

"Oh. You're Fallen?" A figure stepped out. He looked to Axel and Shard, "And who are you? Two people stuck in one body?"

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

10/29/2020 8:11 am  #5

"Yep, pretty much. Liar! You're hitchhiking on my body, like a tick or something. I'm the only one in charge here. Last time I checked we both controlled this thing. ...true, but it's not like I have to like it."

The human half smiles. 

"Anyway, I'm Axel."

Bow Before Ark Angel

eye see you
      Constantly Tired
     WE FOUND THE CHEESE

10/29/2020 11:27 am  #6

"Time." He nods, "I'm Time."

"Both of you seem very... interesting." He adjusted the strap with the sword on his back.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

10/29/2020 2:38 pm  #7

"Fallen..." Requiem/Legacy mused. They were once something else, something stronger with memories. Now   they were simply just FallenThey turned to time, tilting their skull-head. "Are you a Fallen too? At least your not one of those."

Their glowing eyes darted to a shattered helmet. It had been mangled and deliberately attacked. It looked like a knight's, but everyone got the feeling it was a testy subject for them. Attention-span darting, Legacy moved on to a different subject. "How did you get here?"

Requiem/Legacy

10/29/2020 3:39 pm  #8

"Me?" Time pointed to himself with his thumb, "Ding ding ding. But what is one of those? Forgotten? Yeah. Thank goodness I'm not."

"As for how I got here... I have a boat with me."

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

10/29/2020 4:05 pm  #9

Upon hearing the ding-ding-ding, Requiem made a high-pitched, wheezing hiss. It was laughter. After a moment of giggling, they continued on to Time's question, picking up the broken helmet. "Ssssometimesss Forgotten, but mossstly not. The other onesss... they were armor and they make me angry. Ssssome of them try to hurt me for no reassson. Think I'm a Forgotten." The others could see why, with Requiem's glowing eye sockets being the only hint they weren't hollow. 

Requiem's fins flicked up. "A boat? I haven't seen those in a while. Or at leassst I think not."

Requiem/Legacy

10/29/2020 7:00 pm  #10

Time places his hands in his worn coat's pockets, "You've been stuck here all along?"

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

10/30/2020 8:40 am  #11

"You have a boat?"

Axel looked at Time, clearly interested in the fact that he had a transportation vehicle. Shard was looking around at their surroundings.

Bow Before Ark Angel

eye see you
      Constantly Tired
     WE FOUND THE CHEESE

10/30/2020 11:09 am  #12

"What's so surprising having a ship?" He asked.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

10/30/2020 11:18 am  #13

"Nothing, I just was wondering if you could take us with you. We've also been stuck here for a few days, and only discovered- That eldritch abomination. Did you have to include abomination? It's the truth! But it's rude! Anyway, we only discovered Req today."

Bow Before Ark Angel

eye see you
      Constantly Tired
     WE FOUND THE CHEESE

10/30/2020 11:44 am  #14

"How did you two- or three- get stuck here in the first place?"

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

11/02/2020 2:25 pm  #15

"Not ssstuck. Sswwwimming." Requiem corrected. They pointed towards the Void, arm dripping with an inky black liquid. Amorphous things floated within it. "I just haven't sssseen a sssship near here in a long time. The Vvvvoid conssumess."

Requiem/Legacy

11/02/2020 2:55 pm  #16

"We were on a boat, Filled with pirates, That we had stowed away onAnd we got found out and dropped on an island."

Last edited by TwoPunchAxel (11/02/2020 2:56 pm)

Bow Before Ark Angel

eye see you
      Constantly Tired
     WE FOUND THE CHEESE

11/02/2020 3:52 pm  #17

"Hm. Well, my ship must be one study one." He crossed his arms, "I don't mind giving a ride to any Fallen. I don't see too much of a threat in you guys, except that you look a bit like a Forgotten." He pointed to Requiem, "Names by the way?'

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

11/02/2020 4:09 pm  #18

"You don't mind giving me a ride?" a voice asked from behind a larger piece of coral. "That's great! I didn't want to continue stuck here. I heard your conversation, by the way. Hello!"
Well, whoever spoke didn't let themselves be seen, yep.

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

11/02/2020 4:35 pm  #19

Time turned his head to look at the coral, as if he wasn't surprised by talking coral at all, "Uhm, hello. Can you show yourself? Please? I think that would be really helpful."

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

11/04/2020 8:51 pm  #20

"I am Requiem, and I am Legacy. Two namesss, ssssame being. Or at leassst I remember ssso."

Legacy yelped upon hearing the voice, looking over to see who it was. "'Allo...?"

Requiem/Legacy

11/05/2020 4:32 am  #21

"Of course!"
A short humanlike being hopped out from  behind the coral and waved.
"Hello and hello and hello," they said, moving their head towards each of those present.

11/05/2020 12:55 pm  #22

"I think it would be nice to introduce yourself, you know." Time also added.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

11/07/2020 9:43 am  #23

"Well, you can call me Specter. That's what I go by."

11/07/2020 12:19 pm  #24

"Well then Specter... I guess, yeah. I can give you a ride as well. What's up with you being stuck?"

He also turned to Legacy, "And why do you have two names?"

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

11/07/2020 3:42 pm  #25

"Ssssspecter." Requiem lisped out the word. It sounded teal, with some lavender in it. It was a good name to have. "A lllllovely name."

Turning to Time, Legacy began to speak, "I...." they paused, trying to think. Everything was static in their head. "I... don't remember."

Requiem/Legacy

Board footera