The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/03/2020 1:26 am  #1

Specter's Scribbles ~ 2020 ver.

I shall post my works for Scribble September here.
Don't expect to see a writing for each day.
Furthermore, I am a writing noob. So low-quality writings are to be expected on this thread.
Enjoy .

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

9/03/2020 1:43 am  #2

Re: Specter's Scribbles ~ 2020 ver.

1st Day: Choice
The wait was getting longer. And the line was getting shorter.
Only two people remained in front of her, and one of them was already paying for his order.
Just one more to go. Seconds ticked in the teenager's mind. Seconds which turned into a minute, and then another... how long was the man going to take to finish? Five minutes, and finally she watched him blissfully walk off with his large cone.
"Good day, how may I serve you?
The girl smiled at the lady serving the shop. She could taste her long-awaited dessert already. It was a mere order away. So, she spoke up, "I'd like a cone, please!"
"Of course." The woman pressed some keys in her register. "Which flavor?" A gesture to the twenty different flavors was enough to make the teenager's mind go blank.

Of course. During all her waiting time, she had failed to decide on what she wanted. The colors and tastes mixed in her mind.
Quickly enough, she narrowed down the possibilities to brownie and berry mix. Her favorites. The ones she had loved since her childhood.
She did not notice the minutes slipping by as she stared at the ice cream displays. She did not notice the cashier growing impatient. She did not notice the people behind her beginning to tap their feet and glance at their watches.

"Ahem..."
The noise caused her to snap back into reality. The decision was in front of her. Brownie or berry. Berry or brownie.
Or... maybe both?
Ugh... why so difficult!
Her grip on the coins in her hand tightened. Her week's allowance would be spent on the best flavors!

She made her choice.
She plunked down her coins in front of the cashier.
"Double scoop cone, please! Brownie and berry, please!"

Several sighs of relief were audible from behind her.
After all, she had been standing there for fifteen minutes.

9/03/2020 1:46 am  #3

People around in that excerpt are so patient smh if I did that someone who've shoved me into the wall already

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
Birds aren't real.

9/03/2020 2:25 am  #4

2nd Day: Perfection
I have come to accept I am a failure of a being.
Not that I have low self-esteem. I don't think I do. But I can't fulfill expectations.
My life is one big checklist.
Once I reach a certain point, more and more goals and tasks are added.

At first it was easy. A+ grades on the daily tests. Not a hard goal, and it was amusing to read through new information every day. Mom would ocassionally smile at my perfect grades.
But it wasn't perfect enough for her.
I was then forced to stay awake for days and nights on end, to keep producing those "perfect" scores even with the odds against me. With denied sleep weighing on my mind, with no distractions but the piles of tests before me, perfection was still expected. It still is expected. And if the goals are not met, I get painfully "improved" to increase my productivity. The physical feeling is nothing compared to the fact that I just know I was not good enough.

The cycle loops.
Ideal perfection, a child who fails to meet expectations, improvements, more goals of higher-level.

But I...I cannot be the perfection my parents want me to be. No matter how hard I try, or how much I get improved, their standards keep getting higher and higher.
I simply wish that they would acknowledge my effort. That they would smile at seeing the most perfect works I can produce. That they would congratulate me, or at least be happy knowing that I try my best despite not being a perfect child.

Is that too much to ask!?

9/03/2020 10:42 am  #5

Both struggling to choose an ice cream flavor and the perfection thing are honestly such moods hfdsljflksdflk :^)

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd
hello :D hope you're having a good day

"The true sky, and songs that cageless soar
Were they not wishes worth fighting for?"

9/03/2020 1:16 pm  #6

@Galaxian
The moral of the story is to make a decision before ordering . Yeah ngl those people were pretty patient xD

@Autumn
Glad you liked them! I find them to be moods as well xD.

9/05/2020 10:46 am  #7

3rd day: Déjà vu
Kinda skipping this prompt because I'm out of ideas.
Hoping this doesn't happen again.

9/05/2020 11:00 am  #8

4th Day: Ambivalent
There are a variety of characters in fiction. Some are really cool, and some others make you think "meh". However, it goes without saying that a couple will have you torn on your opinion about them. Is it because of how they are? Perhaps you like their personality, but disagree with the motives. Or it could be that they did something you like/dislike. Whatever that reason was, being indecisive on how you feel about a character is something that can happen.

Board footera