The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/14/2020 4:26 pm  #1

New Horizons: A Wings of Fire Forumfic | Sign-Ups [OPEN]

Summary
Welcome to Possibility, a diverse and bustling city filled with endless opportunities. In this new era of peace and prosperity, nearly anything is possible.

This fic will consist of a series of short stories/one-shots. It is primarily set in Possibility and will focus on the lives and aspirations of each of the characters, as well as their interactions with each other.

(More comprehensive background information can be found here.)

Rules

• No Mary Sues or joke characters.
  • Only one character per user.
  • The character you submit should preferably be a sona (or at least a representation of you in some way). However, if you’re uncomfortable with this, you’re free to submit a different character.
  • Sign-ups may close from time to time depending on how many forms are submitted.
  • This fic will likely feature some amount of shipping. If you’re uncomfortable with your character being shipped, please specify that in their form!
  • This is more of a general note, but please remove the parentheses in the form.
  • Don’t go overboard with hybrid characters! They should have a realistic set of natural abilities, and their parentage should only be from two tribes (no tribrids/quadbrids or AllWings, please). In general, there should be less hybrid characters than purebred characters.
  • If you’ve read this far, put “Possibility” in the “other” section of your form.
  • I have the right to decline your form for any reason.
  • If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or ask about them on the informational thread!

Character Roster
SandWings:
MudWings:
SkyWings:
SeaWings: Isla (@Jack), Galatheid (@Marx)
IceWings:
RainWings: Senna (@Meerkat)
NightWings: Rigil (@Thunderstorm)
SilkWings:
HiveWings:
LeafWings: Gardenia (@Gulfstream)
Hybrids: Labyrinth (@Time)

Form
* means it’s an optional section of the form

Name: (this doesn’t have to be your forum nickname)
*Nickname(s):
Age: (the human-to-dragon age conversion chart that I use is available here for reference)
Gender/Pronouns:
Orientation:
Tribe:
Appearance:
*Accessories:
*Inventory: (this is a list of the belongings that your character carries on a day-to-day basis)
Personality:
Abilities:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Family: (only list the names of immediate family members here)
Backstory: (this doesn’t need to be very long, but it should give me a decent idea of their past)
Other:

Last edited by Jack (8/30/2020 6:07 pm)

[ JACK ]
she/her | aquarius | frog lover

8/14/2020 5:40 pm  #2

Re: New Horizons: A Wings of Fire Forumfic | Sign-Ups [OPEN]

bookmark!! sounds interesting!! am i allowed to save the spot for a tribe?

Last edited by nightwolf (8/14/2020 5:41 pm)

↠nightwolf↞
| [pronouns don't matter to me] | [anime + kpop] |
↬trying my best not to get nervous lol↫

8/14/2020 5:44 pm  #3

bookmark!

kat !
any prns

8/14/2020 5:49 pm  #4

@Nightwolf: I won't be closing any tribe slots unless there's an overwhelming amount of characters from that tribe, so don't worry!

[ JACK ]

8/14/2020 5:55 pm  #5

bookmark!

~Thunderstorm~
she/they | writer | cat lover | chaotic tired
abyss and revenant
"Just a little time... just a little something else instead..."

8/14/2020 6:16 pm  #6

Name: Isla
Gender/Pronouns: Female, she/her
Orientation: Lesbian
Tribe: SeaWing
Appearance: Isla is an average height for her age. She has a stocky build with muscular arms and legs, although her body is padded with a bit of chubbiness, resulting in a plump face and generally rounded features.
Her scales are primarily a jade green, although the scales on top of her head and her spines are instead a slightly darker variation of this color. However, her underbelly is a soft seafoam green, a slightly lighter color than her wing membranes and the webbing along her body.
Isla's luminescent stripes are a shade of green so pale that they almost appear white. Her horns are a darker color than her scales and the irises of her eyes are a clear aqua-green.
*Accessories: A silver nose ring.
*Inventory: She has a canvas satchel that contains a pouch of coins, a couple of blank scrolls, and an inkwell. On days when she has a performance, she also carries around a leather violin case with a maplewood violin and bow.
Personality: To most dragons, Isla seems to be a rather shy and sequestered individual, rarely ever choosing to open up conversations with others. She does, however, seem to act much more at ease when she's around her friends and family. She's easily intimidated by most individuals, making it difficult for her to approach anyone. Once initial contact has been established with others, however, she'll quickly warm up to them. It's also for this reason that she dislikes confrontation and avoids it as much as possible.
Isla can easily become frustrated or annoyed, although she rarely ever displays these emotions outright, instead choosing to bottle them away until she can no longer hold them in. This can result in some charged and abrupt outbursts during which she lashes out at others, although she's deeply apologetic afterwards.
Abilities: Can play violin; pretty athletic; a decent swimmer by SeaWing standards; fluent in Aquatic.
Strengths: Empathetic; physically strong; fairly intelligent.
Weaknesses: Not very agile; awkward in social settings; tends to doubt herself and her abilities.
*Likes: Music, swimming, tea, frogs, rainy weather, collecting trinkets.
*Dislikes: The cold, isolation, loud noises, public speaking.
Family: Viridian (mother), Gannet (father)
Backstory: Isla was born in the Bay of a Thousand Scales and lived in a small village there for the first few years of her life. After her father lost his job, he and Isla’s mother became embroiled in frequent arguments, causing their relationship to steadily decline. When she turned four, her parents finally reached some sort of agreement and decided to go their separate ways: they sold their house and Gannet moved to the heart of the kingdom, while Viridian and Isla packed their belongings and flew to Possibility. Although she was at first overwhelmed by the vast city, she’s become accustomed to her new life there. She currently attends Arroyo Academy and does occasional gigs on the side.
Other: Read the rules!

Last edited by Jack (8/15/2020 10:25 am)

[ JACK ]

8/14/2020 9:03 pm  #7

i will be getting my character in tomorrow ^-^

[/Astra|Evergreen\]
She/Her
s l e e p

wow i exist??

8/14/2020 9:19 pm  #8

here you go! hope this is alright--

Name: Rigil (it’s the name of a star? if this doesnt work as a name, i can change it)

*Nickname(s): N/A
Gender/Pronouns: Non-Binary (she/her or they/them)
Orientation: Ace/aro
Tribe: NightWing
Appearance: Rigil is a black NightWing with a navy underbelly and eyes. Her claws, spikes, and horns are a dark shade of silver. She’s slightly taller than average for a NightWing her age, yet she doesn’t have much muscle. Her wings are slightly bigger than the average NightWing’s, too, and have a starburst pattern for the silver scales on the underside of her wings.
*Accessories: Rigil usually carries a brown, leather satchel around her neck. Other than that, she doesn’t wear much jewelry or accessories.
*Inventory: In her satchel, Rigil carries a collection of scrolls. Some of them are blank, which she usually uses for writing and sketching, some of them are scroll's she's reading, and some of them are incomplete drawings and notes. She has a jar of black ink in there as well.
Personality: Rigil is not the type of dragon who likes to stand out. She’s rather quiet and reserved, and can be rather anxious and awkward when interacting with others. Rigil is a pretty intelligent and hard-working person, though, who can work late into the night to finish something she’s passionate about. She tends to put up a front in public places, being more skeptical and even cold around unfamiliar dragons, and more often then not analyzing and observing their actions. Around her friends, though, she’s much more open, witty, and sarcastic. Rigil does like to spend most of her time to herself though, whether it be sketching the world around her or flying about. 
Abilities: Skilled artist and writer, and is pretty fast and agile in the air for NightWing standards. 
Strengths: Fairly intelligent and observant, creative, and an agile flier.
Weaknesses: Not physically strong, rather awkward and anxious when interacting with strangers, and is pretty quick to judge.
*Likes: Drawing, scrolls, reading, taking notes, cats, birds, and storms (from a distance, anyway).
*Dislikes: Large crowds, large noises, being the center of attention, and hot weather.
Family: Vega (mother), Altair (father), and Arcturus (brother).
Backstory: Rigil has lived in Possibility for most of her life, and grew up there with her brother, Arcturus. While Arcturus was the much more charismatic and social of the two, he often teased Rigil about her drawing when they were young, leaving her to be more reclusive and secretive about her hobbies. Even though Vega worked a lot, Altair often flew around with Rigil and showed her his favorite places around town and anywhere close outside of it. She’s attending Arroyo Academy, now, and is usually flying, reading, or drawing whatever interesting object she can find when school’s not in session.
Other: Possibility! I would prefer for her not to be shipped 

~Thunderstorm~
she/they | writer | cat lover | chaotic tired
abyss and revenant
"Just a little time... just a little something else instead..."

8/14/2020 9:51 pm  #9

I see. I'll be getting the forms for them ready.

↠nightwolf↞
| [pronouns don't matter to me] | [anime + kpop] |
↬trying my best not to get nervous lol↫

8/14/2020 9:54 pm  #10

@Thunderstorm: Accepted!

[ JACK ]

8/15/2020 12:21 am  #11

gonna work on my form for this tomorrow,  with good ol' galatheid 

:・゚☆✧ MARX :・゚☆✧
☆ eternal glitter overlord ☆
☆ any pronouns ☆
☆ bones are illegal ☆

8/15/2020 1:33 am  #12

I need bookmark bookmark, I'll work on it tommrowow yes

Note that I'll prob be doing a hybrid btw.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/15/2020 3:12 am  #13

here she is yeet-

Name: Senna
*Nickname(s): Sen (by sisters and close friends)
Gender/Pronouns: female + she/her
Orientation: pansexual
Tribe: RainWings
Appearance: Sen is slightly shorter than an average RainWing of that age and has a slight bit of muscle on her. Being a RainWing, she usually makes her scales a muted pink or muted green palette with small accents of amber (basically this or this). When she’s performing, she’ll opt for more flashy colors, as to draw attention. She likes to make her eyes amber normally, and a bright green or turquoise when performing. Her curved horns are a very dark pink, almost black.
*Accessories: Sen wears a pair of large round glasses, as well as a simple wood bracelet with various silver charms resembling flowers. She also carries a small bag.
*Inventory: In said bag, Sen carries loose scrolls (usually sheet music or lyrics), a jar of black ink, and school things. When she’s intended on performing, Sen will carry a ukulele (in a case, of course), and a kalimba on occasion.
Personality: Senna is fairly outgoing and blunt. Although she doesn’t like many dragons in general, she’s good with them, and can read situations so that she can come off a certain way. She’s skilled in putting up and maintaining different fronts depending on the dragons she’s around, with only her natural sarcasm mixing in, but she dwells on the fact that she’s fake sometimes and lets that get to her. She’s not afraid to speak her mind about things she feels aren’t right, and doesn’t hesitate to break rules she disagrees with, which can get her in various amounts of trouble. Sen’s only really herself and feels completely free of any burdens when she’s around her friends.
Abilities: the normal RainWing poison spit, color changing scales, natural ear (music-wise)
Strengths: independent, street-smart, observant, good with others, commanding stage presence
Weaknesses: defiant, can be disrespectful, dwells on mistakes, terrible eyesight without her glasses
*Likes: performing/entertaining (singing, playing instruments, etc.), rain, the hustle and bustle of the city, her sisters, mangoes, live music
*Dislikes: being told what to do, pomegranates, social hierarchy, her mother
Family: Essence (mother), Okapi (father), Acai (younger sister), Lupuna (older sister)
Backstory: Sen was born in the RainWing village. Growing up, her mother was quite cold to Sen and her sisters, and left when Sen was 3 (10). Out of all of her sisters, Sen resented her mother the most for leaving. After that, Okapi made the decision to move their family to Possibility, although he was never really the same, becoming much more distant and not giving any of his daughters much attention. This left Sen, Acai, and Lupuna to take care of each other, with Sen and Acai taking up street performing as another source of income, which they actually ended up enjoying. Currently, Sen attends Arroyo Academy (Acai does too) and tends to occupy her time with performing or being with her sisters, although lately she has been finding more time for friends.
Other: possibility, preferably no ships but if you want to you can asfjjkshf

Last edited by meerkat (8/15/2020 6:21 am)

kat !
any prns

8/15/2020 8:46 am  #14

@Meerkat: Accepted!

Last edited by Jack (8/15/2020 10:20 am)

[ JACK ]

8/16/2020 11:29 am  #15

can i get a basic idea of what time period this takes place in? like would it be after the current arc?

A-x-e-l, got it memorized?
   ----------------------------------
   Bow Before Ark Angel

eye see you
      Constantly Tired
     WE FOUND THE CHEESE

8/16/2020 11:42 am  #16

@Ark no canon at all, alternate universe where there are no powers and no DoD

Chan!
she/her
我愛青蛙

8/16/2020 6:37 pm  #17

TwoPunchAxel wrote:

can i get a basic idea of what time period this takes place in? like would it be after the current arc?

The fic is set in an alternate universe that takes place a few decades after the current arc! For more information, check out the informational thread.

[ JACK ]

8/17/2020 12:02 am  #18

Bleh here's mighn bleh

Name: Labyrinth (is that a nightwing/sandwing name I just thought it was with that type of style)
*Nickname(s): Idk whatever you can make up with the word Labyrinth 
Gender/Pronouns: Male, he, him
Orientation: Straight
Tribe: Night-Sand
Appearance: Labyrinth is built mostly like your average sandwing that’s around his age. Average height, large wings (most sandwings have large wings, right?), the slightly curved horns, the frill. HOWEVER, what seems very different is his color. He’s colored like a nightwing. With darker upper scales, being a dark, almost black, blue. While lower and lighter scales being a lighter, yet still pretty dark blue. His underbelly is a beige color, being more on a sandwing’s side of appearance. His wing membrane is black, with a few very small hints of purple. His frill is black as well. I guess this appearance makes him seem like a nightwing from a distance, and can sometimes pass for a nightwing if a dragon doesn't know what exactly a sandwing or nightwings looks like (like a pantalan dragon?). However, what gives it away that he’s a hybrid is the barb on his tail, so to avoid this being , he probably wears something to cover it up. Maybe he wraps it up or has some sort of tail cover. (would those be in fashion or something? Is that dragon clothing?)
*Accessories: A golden-colored hourglass around his neck. He usually fidgets and tinkers with it a lot. A pair of light brown, tinted goggles that doubles as reading glasses, usually in his satchel or on his head. (wow look at that I finally give a character of mine glasses)
*Inventory: Since like, a satchel is the only thing dragons can carry around lol, he normally carries around coins or whatever currency dragons use, I guess he carries a few scrolls and an ink pot around, some scrolls might be writings of other dragons, some might be of his own, and some might be completely blank. And since he wants to come prepared, and dragons might always be at each other’s necks, he probably has a pouch with bandages/herbs as well. He also has some little machines and other trinkets to tinker and fidget with.
Personality: Labyrinth is usually a quiet dragon who likes to keep to himself. He usually talks only when he feels like he needs to. However, his normal silence from him doesn’t mean he’s awkward around others, while sometimes it might seem so, he’s actually pretty good with interacting with others. And sometimes, better than others.
Labyrinth is a pretty smart guy. I would say. He’s observant and perceptive of things, both big and small, and analytical of things as well. He likes to understand things and know how they exactly work. With this thought, it would seem that he very much so dislikes when he doesn’t exactly understand things, or info is held from him. I would think he can get pretty frustrated sometimes pretty quickly.
Labyrinth prefers to be more on the serious and stoic side, or at least he tries to be. He thinks maybe keeping emotions inside and stuffing it away without really doing anything else about them is probably the best. Since it doesn’t bother people, and it’s a bit hard for him to talk about. And with the note of him disliking not understanding things, I would see him being a bit frustrated about his emotions. Yeah. I would think also he would never really want to show anything too vulnerable to others, with this serious outer shell. But who knows? Maybe he might (or be forced to lol).
This shell and trouble with understanding emotions don't make him entirely emotionless. I would say actually he's more of an emotional guy that doesn't really know too much about emotions and uses a shell to hide it. He can still care for others greatly, it's just maybe he doesn't exactly know how to express it. And normally, if he does, it would probably be in a less affectionate way.
Abilities: Fire Breathing. He does have venom although it’s pretty weak (but random people don’t know that, so he still might use it to threaten people, if it ever gets to that point). High stamina and generally athletic all around. He also knows his way around the most current dragon tech and nature pretty well.
Strengths: Intelligent/observant, quick thinking, good with pressure.
Weaknesses: Can be overly serious, can come off as blunt without even knowing, bad with talking about emotions and suppresses them.
*Likes: History and other documentations of things (it’s probably the majority of written scrolls in his bag). Quiet, nice areas of calm. Tinkering with machines and such/technology, but he still can (and does) appreciate nature (probably one or two of the scrolls in his bag). He likes documenting and taking notes about said machines and nature as well.
*Dislikes: People loudly busting into and disturbing his nice areas of quiet and calm. Being uninformed about something, Being of no use (He would rather be doing something than just sitting around). Not finding a way to understand some things.
Family: Nightswitch (Father, Nightwing) Sunray (Mother, Sandwing), (idk if these names fit either lol, it’s just the first few names I thought up of)
Backstory: Being a hybrid, most, if not all of Labyrinth’s life was spent hopping from place to place. His parents himself were pretty distant from him, and didn’t do much with him. Maybe it was probably having the weight of being looked down upon because of having a hybrid as a child (as maybe the idea sounded ok at first but got gradually worse). So he was quick to move out/part ways with them. He left for Possibility. Looking at this backstory it seems that he’s actually a pretty lonely guy. Nobody to really be around for him, not too many role models, nothing like that.
Other: Does his age mean he just graduated from Arroyo Academy or something? Possibility.

I am very sorry if I overestimated what level of tech in this AU lol, I'm very much willing to edit things yes.

Last edited by Time (8/18/2020 9:54 pm)

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/17/2020 12:15 am  #19

Labyrinth’s form looks good except for one small thing! Clocks haven’t been invented in this universe yet, but if you’re looking for an alternative, hourglasses and sundials are free game.

[ JACK ]

8/17/2020 1:05 am  #20

I really had that thought too

yea prob an hourglass. Makes me wonder the level of tech here. Care to tell on the info thread?

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/17/2020 1:14 am  #21

Oh also wondering should I edit it? Like, the form?

Last edited by Time (8/17/2020 1:16 am)

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

8/17/2020 1:14 am  #22

Yep, I’ll be updating that with some info soon!!

[ JACK ]

8/17/2020 10:00 am  #23

@Time: Yeah, feel free to go ahead and edit your form!

[ JACK ]

8/18/2020 8:55 pm  #24

Name: Galatheid  

Orientation: Ace/Aro 

Tribe: SeaWing 

Appearance: A thin, pale blue SeaWing with glittery scales. Her eyes, wing membranes, webs, underbelly, and glowing scales are all shades of pink. She has long horns that fade from darker blue to pink at the tips, with her claws sharing the same colors. She almost always looks tired, and isn't very expressive unless actively trying to be. 

*Accessories:  Occasionally carries a small bag with her. It's the most sparkly one she could find. 

*Inventory: Tries to keep paper and some sort of writing utensils on her at most times, as well as some money and generally some sweets stashed away. Wishes she had a shiny knife to carry around. 

Personality:  To others, Galatheid often comes off as self-absorbed, melodramatic, and odd- though not necessarily terrible. Her sense of humor involves lots of nonsense comments, jokes about things like marrying her reflection, and sometimes sarcasm. She's also very focused on keeping her own scales and talons clean, and is reluctant to participate in many activities as a result of this and general tiredness. At the same time, though, she tries to avoid being actually directly mean, and she's also generally pleasant when spoken to. She may not always know what to say, but she tries to be helpful and encouraging to others. 

Some other parts of Galatheid's personality may seem to conflict with her more showy exterior and initial impressions. While friendly and polite enough, after a certain point she's more detached and hates being genuinely vulnerable in any way. Unsurprisingly, she has a difficult time actually maintaining relationships and reaching out to others, and when she's upset about anything, she greatly prefers to ignore and hide her feelings. She doesn't really totally trust anyone at all, for better or worse. She's also more observant than some might expect from her focus on herself- if Galatheid has any way to watch or find something, she will, and she'll remember for sure. On that note, Galatheid is more "resent and remember" than "forgive and forget", although she rarely directly brings her grudges up in a serious way. 

Abilities: Typical SeaWing abilities.  

Strengths: Observant and tends to remember small details, flexible, and surprisingly sneaky. 

Weaknesses: Not very physically strong, tends to have low energy and is often tired, overly concerned with cleanliness, stubborn and can be petty.   

*Likes: Bright colors, sweets, shiny things, warm weather and places, sleeping, quiet places, glowy things 

*Dislikes: The cold, clustered crowds, dirty things, rain or snow, dull things, being bored, noisy distractions (whether in the form of someone talking too much, annoying noises, or something else.) 

Family: Fierasfer (father) and Torrential (mother)  

Backstory: Galatheid hatched in a village on a small island in the SeaWing kingdom. Her parents were often busy and while they did their best to be there for their dragonet, they were still gone working often, and eventually sent her to a small school near her village in the hopes that it would help. It did not help, at all. Instead Galatheid was miserable for years for multiple reasons, until eventually her troubles in school sparked a furious argument between her and her parents and Galatheid ended up deciding to leave home for Possibility.

Upon arriving near Possibility, Galatheid found a place to stay slightly outside of the main city, figuring that would be easier than finding an actual house. She occasionally sells art to the dragons of Possibility. She has not attended Arroyo Academy, and loudly refused to even consider the idea of doing so. 

Other: There's a real Possibility that this has reminded me how much I need to redo Galatheid's fanon wiki page stuff. Also probably obvious but no shipping please

Last edited by glamoroussneaking (8/18/2020 8:57 pm)

:・゚☆✧ MARX :・゚☆✧
☆ eternal glitter overlord ☆
☆ any pronouns ☆
☆ bones are illegal ☆

8/18/2020 9:29 pm  #25

the sparkly gal herself!! accepted!

[ JACK ]

Board footera