The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/28/2020 12:19 am  #1

The Reckoning of Croissant | Signup/Planning Thread (CLOSED)

NOTE: Signups are now CLOSED. However, users who have already signed up for this roleplay may submit additional characters.

This is ridiculous, yes, but it might be fun, and those little roleplays we do on the Empire server at 3am are spicy. We have an entire culture built around this stuff, and, well...

Let's save the Empire of Croissant.

_________

For those of you unfamiliar with the server, you can definitely still join this, but you need to learn some of the lore first, which the other kormades and I will gladly explain. I'll get you started with the basics:

Kormades: the term for others in the Empire of Croissant. It evolved from "comrades," which became "komrades" and was then misspelled "kormades." Kormades are good.
Vegetals: sentient vegetables that can be disguised as anything. They are evil. 
Gaston: revered by the Empire because he is stronk and large as a barge, due to his daily consumption of five dozen eggs.
Stronk: very strong
Googly (plural: googlys): glorious googly eyes. Googly eyes in general are revered by the Empire and its kormades, but googlys are extra special.
The Divine Order: consists of the deities Egg, Chicken (Hicken), Legg, and Armm and must never be disrupted.
Cheese whales: delicious whale crackers. They make a good snacc.
Heese hales: whale crackers that seek to steal your snaccs.
Croissants and baguettes: loved by the kormades. We like our bread.
Vroom vroom chimichanga: the ancient kormade call

There we go! If I'm missing anything, kormades, please add on to this in the replies below.

The Basic Plot of This Roleplay
Here's what I had in mind, but I'm definitely open to suggestions and stuff. :D

Tough times have hit the Empire. The kormades are low on supplies, and worst of all, they're low on bread. Riots are breaking out, and the Empire is starting to crumble. The kormades find out that the famine is the doing of Radicchio, a malicious Vegetal who stole their croissants, baguettes, googlys, and cheese whales. Radicchio has corrupted the heese hales, disrupted the Divine Order, and awakened the rest of the Vegetals from their ancient, eternal slumber.

The clock is ticking.

The world is ending.

Time is running out.

Will the kormades be able to save the Empire in time? Or will it crumble to dust and its ashes fall into the hands of the Vegetals?

_______

In this FWRP, you can have up to two personas, as many OCs as you would like, and up to two villains. Here are the forms for each:

Persona Form (Kormade)

Name:
Age (your character's age, not yours - even if you're roleplaying as yourself, be smart about this):
Species:
Brief description:
Personality:
Abilities:
Weaknesses:
Backstory:
Other:

OC Form
Name:
Pronouns:
Species:
Brief description:
Personality:
Abilities:
Weaknesses:
Kormade they're associated with:
Backstory:
Other:

Villain Form (preferably a Vegetal)
Name (should be a vegetable or other plant):
Pronouns:
Appearance:
Personality:
Abilities:
Weaknesses:
Backstory:
Kormade they're after:
Other:

------
Anyway, I hope everyone has fun with this, kormade or not!

Zzzzura 
Administrator

3/28/2020 12:41 am  #2

Re: The Reckoning of Croissant | Signup/Planning Thread (CLOSED)

👀

𝒯𝓊𝓇𝓃 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒻𝒶𝒸𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒻𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊...

3/28/2020 12:42 am  #3

Crystalwing wrote:

👀

👀

Zzzzura 
Administrator

3/28/2020 3:06 am  #4

This is glorious- will join when I have time to fill in the form

Screecht or Termlessfir
hepl

3/28/2020 3:39 am  #5

Working on the form, Kormade!

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

3/28/2020 6:06 am  #6

form is in progress...

she/her
"Doors are for people with no imagination"

3/28/2020 2:28 pm  #7

Name: W h e e z e
Pronouns: anything
Species: shapeshifter
Brief description: can look like anything, but usually appears as a samurai in red armor with a black cloak
Personality: weird sense of humor; never sleeps; sarcastic; doesn't like being told what to do; loyal; tries their best to be friendly; overthinks stuff; known for picking fights; nervous
Abilities: can take the shape of any living creature, real or imaginary; skilled swordsman and martial artist (but still has their clumsy moments)
Weaknesses: terrible eyesight; will go mad if they go too long without cheese whales
Backstory: Wheeze was once a terrible beast, an evil spirit from the Bakery Beyond. They were created to destroy everything known to the kormades, but they were tamed by a high priestess of Armm who harnessed the ancient power of cheese whales to suppress Wheeze's savagery. Nowadays, Wheeze is a kormade and has no memory of their past - they just know they really like cheese whales. So to say the least, things won't go so well when the cheese whales run out...
Other: boop

Zzzzura 
Administrator

3/28/2020 2:55 pm  #8

Name:Lavender the Traveler(Hey, that kind of rhymes!)
Age (your character's age, not yours - even if you're roleplaying as yourself, be smart about this):14 or 15; fairly young
Pronouns:She/her
Species:Human who can do musical magic stuffs
Brief description:lavender everything except for their skin; likes capes and slippers; usually carries around a flute
Personality:joking; impish; teasing; loyal; surprisingly brave, if a bit of a scaredy cat; blase about the normal goings on in the Empire; likes to mess with people, ally or enemy; upbeat; musically inclined; can't draw or write well at all(this is just for the character, not me); a bit prideful
Abilities:She can cast a whole variety of spells through playing her flute, like sleeping spells and nature spells and mind reading spells...
Weaknesses:All of these spells only last for five minutes and she can't cast any of them without her flute, however. Also, for personality weaknesses, see her flaws in the personality section above.
Backstory:All I have right now is that Lavender used to be a travelling bard until she settled in the Empire. That's it.
Other:Heyo!!

Persona:Lavender the Dragon-Cat-Girl-Thing

This is going to be awesome, I just know it!!

3/28/2020 3:20 pm  #9

Lavender wrote:

Name:Lavender the Traveler(Hey, that kind of rhymes!)
Age (your character's age, not yours - even if you're roleplaying as yourself, be smart about this):14 or 15; fairly young
Pronouns:She/her
Species:Human who can do musical magic stuffs
Brief description:lavender everything except for their skin; likes capes and slippers; usually carries around a flute
Personality:joking; impish; teasing; loyal; surprisingly brave, if a bit of a scaredy cat; blase about the normal goings on in the Empire; likes to mess with people, ally or enemy; upbeat; musically inclined; can't draw or write well at all(this is just for the character, not me); a bit prideful
Abilities:She can cast a whole variety of spells through playing her flute, like sleeping spells and nature spells and mind reading spells...
Weaknesses:All of these spells only last for five minutes and she can't cast any of them without her flute, however. Also, for personality weaknesses, see her flaws in the personality section above.
Backstory:All I have right now is that Lavender used to be a travelling bard until she settled in the Empire. That's it.
Other:Heyo!!

Accepted!

Zzzzura 
Administrator

3/28/2020 3:38 pm  #10

Thank you!!

Persona:Lavender the Dragon-Cat-Girl-Thing

This is going to be awesome, I just know it!!

3/28/2020 10:06 pm  #11

Name: Meerkat (Kat) Lowly
Age (your character's age, not yours - even if you're roleplaying as yourself, be smart about this): 16
Pronouns: she/her
Species: genetically modified human
Brief description: short, dark hair, usually half up half down; olive skin; green eyes; round glasses; usually wears overalls over a black shirt, with combat boots; tool belt; steampunk mechanic’s goggles around neck when not being used
Personality: independent; observant; good at making deals; usually doesn’t trust people; tends to push others away; doesn’t like big crowds
Abilities: Kat has telekinesis (the ability to move things with her mind) and ferrokinesis (the ability to manipulate metals). She’s also a very skilled mechanic, and it’s how she makes a living. 
Weaknesses: use of the telekinesis tires her out very quickly; can be physically strained when moving especially large things; as for personality weaknesses, see above
Backstory: Kat was subjected to various genetic modifications when she was 3, as tests for an unknown organization. She escaped when she was 8, and doesn’t know if the organization wants to get her back. The purpose of those tests were unknown, but now, she just survives on the money she makes building and fixing things. She tends to keep her powers a secret, but tries her best to practice. (i dunno if i’m going to add more but this is what i have at the moment)
Other: her sexuality is pan/ace

quick question, is this going to be a FWRP? or are we even doing those here?  

Last edited by meerkat.lowly (3/29/2020 3:23 pm)

kat !
any prns

3/29/2020 12:38 am  #12

meerkat.lowly wrote:

Name: Meerkat (Kat) Lowly
Age (your character's age, not yours - even if you're roleplaying as yourself, be smart about this): 16
Species: genetically modified human
Brief description: short, dark hair, usually half up half down; olive skin; green eyes; round glasses; usually wears overalls over a black shirt, with combat boots; tool belt; steampunk mechanic’s goggles around neck when not being used
Personality: independent; observant; good at making deals; usually doesn’t trust people; tends to push others away; doesn’t like big crowds
Abilities: Kat has telekinesis (the ability to move things with her mind). She’s also a very skilled mechanic, and it’s how she makes a living. 
Weaknesses: use of the telekinesis tires her out very quickly; can be physically strained when moving especially large things; as for personality weaknesses, see above
Backstory: Kat was subjected to various genetic modifications when she was 3, as tests for an unknown organization. She escaped when she was 8, and doesn’t know if the organization wants to get her back. The purpose of those tests were unknown, but now, she just survives on the money she makes building and fixing things. She tends to keep her telekinesis a secret, but tries her best to practice. (i dunno if i’m going to add more but this is what i have at the moment)
Other: her sexuality is pan/ace

quick question, is this going to be a FWRP? or are we even doing those here?  

Accepted! And sure, we can do FWRPs here, and if you guys want to make this into one, we definitely can. :D

Zzzzura 
Administrator

3/29/2020 1:51 am  #13

Name: Specter
Pronouns: They/them
Species: Ghostly being
Brief description: Specter looks like an average humanoid being… but g h o s t l y. They’re average height. They have short black hair that partially covers their right eye, red eyes, lightly tanned skin, and is often found smiling. Spec’s clothes consist of a long maroon coat, black leggings, red sneakers, and a mint green shirt with a googlys design on the center. A notable feature they have are broken shackles hanging from their wrists.
Personality: Specter is calm and easygoing most of the time. They’re fun-loving, yet determined. Might seem a bit naïve at times but really they’re very capable of being the opposite. Their personality is often affected by their emotions and whims in general. However, there is no denying they like to talk and have a general optimistic outlook on situations (most of the time).
Abilities: Regular ghost powers 👀, such as teleportation, intangibility, invisibility, telekinesis, partial flight… etc. Might have other kind of minor powers but if so these aren’t specified and are not so relevant. Oh and they can shrink to the wonderful height of 5”.
Weaknesses: They will disappear from existence for a while if damaged enough.
Backstory: Specter is the spirit of a late kormade, dead under mysterious circumstances. The only thing known about this is that they protected the croissants of the Empire until the end. Specter has vowed to take revenge on Radiccho, even if it costs them their afterlife. They were a particularly devout worshipper of Legg.
Other: Vroom vroom chimichanga.

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

3/29/2020 4:55 am  #14

Whew, I haven't done any real roleplaying since I left the old MB, I mean unless you count pretending to be a functioning adult. I've got a couple of ideas for decent characters, but I'll have to come up with something good...

(Also what's an FWRP?)

Call me Marshall. Or Hungry, as that usually describes me.

"Chaos is only an enemy if you're unable to adapt"
-Шухрат Кессикбаев

Dealer of cursed artifacts

Chaotic Neutral energy

T̢h̛e v͝͝oi͜d̷̛ í̶s͘͜͞ ͢͠l̀͞o̵v͝ȩl̛y̸̢,̕͢ ̢̀h͡ǫ҉ṕ̶ ̵͟͏o̧n ҉̛i҉n̷̡

3/29/2020 11:55 am  #15

FWRP = Forum wide RP, a role play that isn't limited to a single thread but can be played out across multiple threads and stuff and across the MB, I think. Anyone feel free to correct me if I got something wrong abt the definition or forgot something-

Screecht or Termlessfir
hepl

3/29/2020 11:33 pm  #16

Name: Pete Williams / Luhibnoc
Pronouns: He, him (P) / They, Them (L)
Species: Human (P)  / Interdimenisonal Lovecraftian hivemind (L)
Brief description: Pete is an old man with long wild white hair and pale skin, he usually wears a plaid shirt and corduroy pants. Luhibnoc is an ancient being that exists in the void between worlds. Over thousands of centuries, they have sent manifestations of their consciousness to gather mortal minds into one collective hivemind.
Personality: Pete is a friendly old man, but he's extremely stubborn and slightly senile. He is strong in his beliefs, but can't always remember what those beliefs are. Luhibnoc claims to be far beyond mortal emotions, but if they weren't, they'd be extremely annoyed at Pete's stubborn resistance to their control and his uncanny ability to drive their cultists away. 
Abilities: Luhibnoc possesses the knowledge of billions of mortals from thousands of universes. They can seize full control of Pete's body to grant him unnatural speed and strength, but this causes Pete physical pain and he usually wrests control back within a few minutes. Luhibnoc can absorb the memories of any mortal their host touches, and also grant them a glimpse of their vast knowledge, causing insanity.
Weaknesses: Pete is physically weak and slightly senile from age. Luhibnoc is unable to manifest physically in mortal dimensions, and is currently limited to sharing space in Pete's head
Backstory: Pete Williams was just a normal kormade, enjoying his retirement and cheese whales. Then one day, he stumbled into an abandoned church where a cult ritual was being held (to be fair, it looked just like an Arby's) (I mean it probably didn't, but anyway). The cultists were so caught up in their ritual trance that they weren't aware of the old man wandering into the middle of their summoning circle and smudging the runes. When the smoke cleared, the cult leader was a smoldering pile of ash, and Pete had become the host of the great hivemind Luhibnoc. But because the ritual was disrupted, Pete wasn't fully absorbed into the hivemind. His personality remained separate and largely in control of his body. 
Other: Pete's nicknames include "Old Man Pete" and "Crazy Pete". He refers to Luhibnoc as "Louie"

-Шухрат Кессикбаев

Chaotic Neutral energy

3/30/2020 12:38 am  #17

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Name: Specter
Pronouns: They/them
Species: Ghostly being
Brief description: Specter looks like an average humanoid being… but g h o s t l y. They’re average height. They have short black hair that partially covers their right eye, red eyes, lightly tanned skin, and is often found smiling. Spec’s clothes consist of a long maroon coat, black leggings, red sneakers, and a mint green shirt with a googlys design on the center. A notable feature they have are broken shackles hanging from their wrists.
Personality: Specter is calm and easygoing most of the time. They’re fun-loving, yet determined. Might seem a bit naïve at times but really they’re very capable of being the opposite. Their personality is often affected by their emotions and whims in general. However, there is no denying they like to talk and have a general optimistic outlook on situations (most of the time).
Abilities: Regular ghost powers 👀, such as teleportation, intangibility, invisibility, telekinesis, partial flight… etc. Might have other kind of minor powers but if so these aren’t specified and are not so relevant. Oh and they can shrink to the wonderful height of 5”.
Weaknesses: They will disappear from existence for a while if damaged enough.
Backstory: Specter is the spirit of a late kormade, dead under mysterious circumstances. The only thing known about this is that they protected the croissants of the Empire until the end. Specter has vowed to take revenge on Radiccho, even if it costs them their afterlife. They were a particularly devout worshipper of Legg.
Other: Vroom vroom chimichanga.

Accepted!

Zzzzura 
Administrator

3/30/2020 12:42 am  #18

HungryCat1 wrote:

Name: Pete Williams / Luhibnoc
Pronouns: He, him (P) / They, Them (L)
Species: Human (P)  / Interdimenisonal Lovecraftian hivemind (L)
Brief description: Pete is an old man with long wild white hair and pale skin, he usually wears a plaid shirt and corduroy pants. Luhibnoc is an ancient being that exists in the void between worlds. Over thousands of centuries, they have sent manifestations of their consciousness to gather mortal minds into one collective hivemind.
Personality: Pete is a friendly old man, but he's extremely stubborn and slightly senile. He is strong in his beliefs, but can't always remember what those beliefs are. Luhibnoc claims to be far beyond mortal emotions, but if they weren't, they'd be extremely annoyed at Pete's stubborn resistance to their control and his uncanny ability to drive their cultists away. 
Abilities: Luhibnoc possesses the knowledge of billions of mortals from thousands of universes. They can seize full control of Pete's body to grant him unnatural speed and strength, but this causes Pete physical pain and he usually wrests control back within a few minutes. Luhibnoc can absorb the memories of any mortal their host touches, and also grant them a glimpse of their vast knowledge, causing insanity.
Weaknesses: Pete is physically weak and slightly senile from age. Luhibnoc is unable to manifest physically in mortal dimensions, and is currently limited to sharing space in Pete's head
Backstory: Pete Williams was just a normal kormade, enjoying his retirement and cheese whales. Then one day, he stumbled into an abandoned church where a cult ritual was being held (to be fair, it looked just like an Arby's) (I mean it probably didn't, but anyway). The cultists were so caught up in their ritual trance that they weren't aware of the old man wandering into the middle of their summoning circle and smudging the runes. When the smoke cleared, the cult leader was a smoldering pile of ash, and Pete had become the host of the great hivemind Luhibnoc. But because the ritual was disrupted, Pete wasn't fully absorbed into the hivemind. His personality remained separate and largely in control of his body. 
Other: Pete's nicknames include "Old Man Pete" and "Crazy Pete". He refers to Luhibnoc as "Louie"

Accepted! Also, who were you on the MB, if you don't mind? Just curious. :D

Zzzzura 
Administrator

3/30/2020 1:56 am  #19

SamuraiSwords wrote:

HungryCat1 was my old username from the MB, I broke it out just for the occasion. But I generally went by my name, Marshall.

-Шухрат Кессикбаев

Chaotic Neutral energy

3/30/2020 4:54 am  #20

Name: Monday
Species: demon
Brief description: 5'8 lanky and clumsy. She has long straight black hair, red serpentine eyes, and sharp features. Always wearing a bowtie
Personality:easygoing, friendly, and generally cheeeful. She is a little bit of a troublemaker but never means harm. Major dork.
Abilities: short distance teleportation and mind reading (often misinterpreted)
Weaknesses: gullible, can't pick up on social cues very well, is often over dramatic
Backstory: She was kicked out of purgatory because of her cheerfulness
Other: boWtiE

she/her
"Doors are for people with no imagination"

3/30/2020 4:51 pm  #21

HungryCat1 wrote:

SamuraiSwords wrote:

HungryCat1 was my old username from the MB, I broke it out just for the occasion. But I generally went by my name, Marshall.

Oh, okay! Nice to meet you, then. :D

Zzzzura 
Administrator

3/30/2020 4:51 pm  #22

MondayMiff wrote:

Name: Monday
Species: demon
Brief description: 5'8 lanky and clumsy. She has long straight black hair, red serpentine eyes, and sharp features. Always wearing a bowtie
Personality:easygoing, friendly, and generally cheeeful. She is a little bit of a troublemaker but never means harm. Major dork.
Abilities: short distance teleportation and mind reading (often misinterpreted)
Weaknesses: gullible, can't pick up on social cues very well, is often over dramatic
Backstory: She was kicked out of purgatory because of her cheerfulness
Other: boWtiE

Accepted!

Zzzzura 
Administrator

3/30/2020 4:56 pm  #23

I'm going to get us started on the FWRP forum - other people can still join if they would like, and I think I'm going to allow OCs in this too, not just personas.

Zzzzura 
Administrator

3/30/2020 5:10 pm  #24

Villain time >:-)

Name (should be a vegetable or other plant): Endive
Pronouns: he/him
Appearance: always hiding behind a mask; wears a green cloak and dark green armor; carries a scythe
Personality: charismatic and charming, but can be awkward and unsure in some situations; confident most of the time
Abilities: can teleport and read minds
Weaknesses: has to photosynthesize, so he can't go for too long without being in sunlight
Backstory: Endive is a warrior gone rogue - while he is a Vegetal, he abandoned them and their cause to live on his own. 
Kormade they're after: he has an ancient grudge against Wheeze.
Other: oof

Zzzzura 
Administrator

3/30/2020 9:20 pm  #25

Heck still need to make my form, will do it as soon as I get some time to sit down and write it-

Screecht or Termlessfir
hepl

Board footera