The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/30/2020 11:16 pm  #1

caffe latte and swords / riri's writing thread

hi my old writing thread can perish so
i'm just gonna infodump here because no one wants to read chunks of that in the actual story <3 i'll probably jot down other ideas here too

feel free to ask questions about anything world-buildy in RA!!

Last edited by ghostbunni (7/31/2020 9:08 pm)

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

7/31/2020 3:07 pm  #2

Re: caffe latte and swords / riri's writing thread

hello!! :00

also! is it okay if I ask you a couple questions about how battling in Rhythm Access works?

Last edited by Jack (7/31/2020 3:11 pm)

[ JACK ]
she/her | aquarius | frog lover

7/31/2020 7:23 pm  #3

PLEASE DO ASK I LOVE TALKING ABOUT IT

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

7/31/2020 7:31 pm  #4

yeehaw!!
So from what I've seen, there are two rounds in a battle, and if a combatant gets knocked down for 16 beats, they lose that round (correct me on this if I'm wrong jfdgjh)
Is there a set time for each round, or do they each last the duration of a song? Does the same song play for both rounds? How is the winner determined if neither combatant gets knocked down? And what happens if each combatant wins one round--would there then be a tiebreaker?

[ JACK ]

7/31/2020 7:38 pm  #5

Okay I'm SO stalking this 👀👀👀

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

7/31/2020 7:39 pm  #6

bookmarking and stalking 👀

~Thunderstorm~
she/they | writer | cat lover | chaotic tired
abyss and revenant
"Just a little time... just a little something else instead..."

7/31/2020 7:59 pm  #7

oooooh ^^^ 👀👀👀

kat !
any prns

7/31/2020 8:07 pm  #8

👀

Autumn (Librarian)
she / her | kinda a nerd
hello :D hope you're having a good day

"The true sky, and songs that cageless soar
Were they not wishes worth fighting for?"

7/31/2020 8:12 pm  #9

👀👀

Chan!
she/her
我愛青蛙

7/31/2020 8:58 pm  #10

Jack wrote:

yeehaw!!
So from what I've seen, there are two rounds in a battle, and if a combatant gets knocked down for 16 beats, they lose that round (correct me on this if I'm wrong jfdgjh)
Is there a set time for each round, or do they each last the duration of a song? Does the same song play for both rounds? How is the winner determined if neither combatant gets knocked down? And what happens if each combatant wins one round--would there then be a tiebreaker?

Okay so!!

• Battles are done in a best-two-out-of-three style. If one person wins twice, there's no need for the next battle. If each combatant wins one round, there would be a tiebreaker-- hence the best-two-out-of-three pattern.
  • Contestants need to be on the ground and not fighting for 16 beats. The faster the BPM of the song, the harder the round is! Which means that Happy Hardcore is one of the hardest categories to master fighting in.
  • Each battle lasts the duration of the song, but it can be cut short if a contestant is fatally injured or if the contestant is on the ground for 16 beats. The music, instead of taking a dead cut, fades out to make it easier on audience and participants' ears.
  • If neither combatants are knocked on the ground, there are a variety of ways to determine who won the battle. Most are conditional to the round's battle type. For standard type battles, if a fighter is on the ground in the end of the battle, the last man standing is considered the winner. If both are standing, the suits that most fighters wear have technology that track the amount of blows issued. Whoever got the most hits on the other wins.
  • Two to Three songs are selected per round! Typically randomized from the music library that the stadium has. There's a .000001% chance that there would be a repeat in songs.

• Feel free to ask me anything else ^^

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

7/31/2020 9:26 pm  #11

👀 oh gosh,, happy hardcore really is hardcore huh

Chan!
she/her
我愛青蛙

8/01/2020 12:34 am  #12

That clarifies a lot, thank you!! 👀
How do fighters train before battles? Do they go to the stadium or train on their own?

[ JACK ]

8/01/2020 1:47 am  #13

Jack wrote:

That clarifies a lot, thank you!! 👀
How do fighters train before battles? Do they go to the stadium or train on their own?

Ok so !! 

• There's a training facility underneath the stadium that allows for fighters to use their spare time to train. The training area has the materials to enable fighters to practice agility, spar with other fighters, practice certain moves, and tinker with their weapons. There's also available spaces to get alterations to their costumes and practice their exposure with bright lights/loud noises. (There's a reason why there's an epilepsy warning for fighters ahaha)
  • Examples of the facilities given are training dummies, areas to spar in, workbenches, weapons free to train with, and training uniforms that are easier to move in versus a standard battle outfit.
  • However, fighters can train outside of the stadium! It's suggested that fighters train in the stadium to keep their identity as concealed as possible, but it's recommended they go to gyms to stay in physical shape.

Last edited by ghostbunni (8/01/2020 1:48 am)

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

8/01/2020 3:30 am  #14

came here from your homethread, but are there specific ways to celebrate new years in beat and is there some kind of story behind the celebration? 

Chan!
she/her
我愛青蛙

8/01/2020 9:40 am  #15

chanchanchan wrote:

came here from your homethread, but are there specific ways to celebrate new years in beat and is there some kind of story behind the celebration? 

ohoho!! there is indeed!!

• It’s a tradition for most families to eat something with a soup/broth on New Year’s Eve as an evening meal or late snack! There’s an old saying that soup warms your bones, and warm bones provide good health. So drinking soup on New Year’s Eve is a way to try and guide yourself towards good health throughout the next year!! Common soups are Tom Yum, Mulligatawny, Sweet Red Bean and Peanut :D
  • Most people dress up in costumes or clothing a bit more formal/traditional, some relating directly to species culture. It’s not uncommon for Elementals to harness their elements to incorporate into their outfits or for fairies to wear the outfits their ancestors wore. If the citizen isn’t big on traditional garb, they usually just wear a fancy outfit or a costume/mask of sorts!!
  • Good luck charms can be bought around the same week of New Year’s Eve!! They can include chains of glass beads, wooden charms, or bracelets made from layers of patterned fabric. It’s considered good luck if your charm lasts through the whole year till you buy your new one, but if your charm breaks, it could be a bout of bad luck till you get a new one. If your charm lasted long, the bad luck would be short, but if it was brand new, it’s a load of bad luck. The breaking charm tale came from a founder of Beat, rumored to have a bout of bad luck after he broke a glass bead chain after the first week of the new year.
  • The town is typically covered in bright fabrics and colors!! Nothing too neon, but bright enough that it doesn’t injure the eyes. It’s not uncommon for store lights to be swapped out or for shops to switch out their decor entirely. Seasonal items are sold too!
  • There are many sales that occur— a very “out with the old, in with the new” mindset. It’s a great time to buy more clothes or get a better deal on something from the past.
  • New Year’s is celebrated so widely because it was a time when good luck came over the founding people of Beat! All of the species overcame their differences to celebrate the new coming year together. The colors splayed over Beat symbolize the scraps of fabric founders used for makeshift New Year’s gifts: the founders had taken strips of their clothes and woven bracelets to give one another as a tribute of friendship.

that’s a bit of it!! i’m still not over “warm bones for good health”

Last edited by ghostbunni (8/01/2020 9:41 am)

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

8/01/2020 9:51 am  #16

o.o the lore really is never ending, in a nice way! I have two questions for you:

How often would a fighter be put in a match that isn’t in one of their preferred genres?
And are there a lot of fighters or is it a rare profession?

Ephemeris
she/her | ambivert | leo
こぬか雨 'fine rain'

8/01/2020 9:53 am  #17

Do fighters get paid? I've been wondering about that xD I'd think they do, because it's like a workplace, right?
And is it like a large salary if so?

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

8/01/2020 10:06 am  #18

Ephemeris wrote:

o.o the lore really is never ending, in a nice way! I have two questions for you:

How often would a fighter be put in a match that isn’t in one of their preferred genres?
And are there a lot of fighters or is it a rare profession?

Preferred genres are just a preference-- fighters have no control over what rounds they get in! Keeps them on their toes and makes it more interesting to watch!
There's a good amount of fighters per age group, but compared to the population of beat, it's a good 2-3% that are actual fighters. Auditions open up when a fighter retires in an age range, giving an option for another fighter to take their place.

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

8/01/2020 10:07 am  #19

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Do fighters get paid? I've been wondering about that xD I'd think they do, because it's like a workplace, right?
And is it like a large salary if so?

Fighters do indeed get paid!! There's a flat rate to begin with-- although I haven't quite decided that yet. Fighters get bonuses from winning battles, and have chances to increase their revenue by signing with sponsors or other entertainment deals.

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

8/01/2020 10:12 am  #20

Makes sense! I guess it just means they have to be able to adapt. The auditions thing is a really good idea too!

Last edited by Ephemeris (8/01/2020 10:12 am)

Ephemeris
she/her | ambivert | leo
こぬか雨 'fine rain'

8/01/2020 2:41 pm  #21

Last couple of questions from me for right now!!

• How do fighters obtain their weapons?
  • What are some of the most commonly-spoken languages in Beat?
  • Do any stereotypes exist against certain species?

[ JACK ]

8/01/2020 10:19 pm  #22

Jack wrote:

Last couple of questions from me for right now!!

• How do fighters obtain their weapons?
  • What are some of the most commonly-spoken languages in Beat?
  • Do any stereotypes exist against certain species?

Awright !! Here we go 

• After getting accepted through auditions, fighters get to choose their weapon. The weapon is provided by the Rhythm Access stadium. After they have chosen their weapon, they're allowed to make customizations to it, making it more personable and iconic for each fighter.
  • The most prominent language is English, but other top languages include Mandarin, Spanish, and Japanese. ASL is the top signed language there.

As for the stereotypes: yes, some do exist!! Some of these prejudices are directly involved in character backstories 👀
Some are as follow:

• Animal-Human Hybrids are looked down upon by many species due to the fact that they came from experimentation. It's common for vegans and those with conservative views to hate them.
  • Ventus Folk were initially animal-human hybrids who reclaimed a different title after they evolved to have less animal-like features, only retaining the wings. They're not as harshly treated as animal-human hybrids due to the fact that their features are considered more acceptable in appearances.
  • Fairies had to go through a revolution to get to a stronger position in the normal world, seeing as a large percentage of the fairy population was stuck in farm work or minor jobs. Some still have the unhealthy mindset that fairies do the dirty work of the world, when in reality a fairy could wreck their entire life.
  • Vampires had the image revolving around them that their consumed blood was stolen from those who were unwilling, alongside the stereotype of vampires having violent tendencies. Many people are unwilling to hire caregivers who are vampires, despite their resistance to sickness.
  • Elementals are seen as violent or out of control due to their extensive powers and due to the standard "you fear what you can't understand" mindset. Humans are especially revolted by them-- hate crimes have been committed in the past in an attempt to get the Elementals to leave their communities.
  • Sirens are seen to be as untrustworthy due to their hypnotic abilities. Many other species are wary when becoming friends with a siren due to the fear that they might lie, manipulate, or betray them.
  • Humans can be seen as unhelpful due to their lack of powers, or are seen as prone to hate upon others due to their history of their inability to accept what they can't understand.

Hope that answers some of it ^^

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

8/01/2020 10:32 pm  #23

ooh that's super interesting, thank you!! 👀

Last edited by Jack (8/01/2020 10:47 pm)

[ JACK ]

8/01/2020 10:40 pm  #24

couple questions hehe-
- is there halloween (or something like it) in beat?
- does rhythm access have an offseason of some sort (like major league sports)?
- how large is beat in comparison to a real-world place?

kat !
any prns

8/01/2020 10:58 pm  #25

Djndnd I made a fairy character who hates grime oh no

^ I’m interested in the answer for Halloween too 👀 the festivals/celebrations in particular really fascinated me dhdbdbdj like the new year traditions were 👁👁👁

Chan!
she/her
我愛青蛙

Board footera