The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/10/2020 7:36 pm  #1

Occultia| Signups | yep I'm finally making a forumfic

Occultia, a school for Mythics

Introduction:

Earth. The planet the humans have lived on for as long as anyone can remember. Completely normal….right? Wrong. Right under the human’s noses, mythical beings, or “Mythics” have lived for generations. They exist in a secret, sort of “shadow” society. Mythics have built their homes around the humans, in the mountains, the countryside, on the seas, and even some underground. They live their lives just as any one of us would, going to school or finding a job….until one decides to go off and start a war. Or something. The point is, they’re pretty much just like humans. Just with more….intense lifestyles.

Species:

-Vampires: They have established their own hierarchy for themselves and everyone else. Some {usually those down lower}, are relaxed, fun, and carefree. Those higher up are cold and uptight, preferring to keep to themselves. Unlike popular belief, if one bites you you will not turn into a vampire. Also, they do not have an allergy to garlic. Vampires prefer to live in the cold, dark places of the world. They will not die if they go out in pure sunlight, they are just sensitive to it. They have pale skin, unusual eye colors, and of course the signature pointed canines. Vampires also usually have dark hair colors, and they can live for about 300 years. When they become an adult, they stop aging. They also generally are stronger than the average human.

-Werewolves: The werewolves are one of the few species who doesn’t really have a specific area. They like to wander the few wilds left in the world, not some for interaction if they don’t have too. They usually have a golden or amber eye color, and pointier nails. They usually have a larger frame then most of the other species, due to their large wolf form. They have the lifespan of the average human.

-Humans: They’re just average. Unless one is in a relationship with a Mythic {which is highly frowned upon}, they don’t know anything about the separate world that lives with them.

-Fairies: Fairies, just like you would expect, are light and delicate. They usually have tanned skin from spending almost every day under the sun. They are shorter than the other races, with their average height around 5 ft. They have large butterfly or dragonfly wings, in all colors of the rainbow, and the ability to do magic. How strong the magic is depends on whether they’ve had any teachers or not. An untrained fairy may never get to use their magic at all. They have slightly pointed ears, and like to express themselves everywhere, including their hair and their fashion. Fairies usually have a very doll-like appearance, with large eyes and a small nose. They’re thinner than average because their wings are not strong enough to lift anything heavier. They also have pastel eye colors. They’re usually very happy and generally positive. However, if they are in the dark for too long, their magic becomes weaker, their wings lose their shimmer and color, and even sometimes the ability to fly. This will lower their lifespan, which is usually around 200 years.

Some more general world building:

-The hierarchy was established by one family of vampires, and enforced by them until everyone abided by it

-Vampires all abide to this hierarchy, and in general the higher ups don’t usually talk or interact to other species, as they believe them to be beneath them

-Some of the werewolves that roam don’t really abide by the hierarchy, but those are few and far between. After all, after what the vampires did to the fairies when they opposed their idea, no one else really did.
 -A war occurred about 47 years ago between the fairies and the vampires over the hierarchy {The fairies wanted to abolish it as the vampires weren’t helping any of the other species if they were in need}. Because of the war, the fairies are nearly extinct. In fact, some believe they are

-Hybrids, whether they be from two different Mythic species, or a human-Mythic mix, and looked down upon and excluded from Mythic society because of their race
 -Teenage Mythics are sent to special schools in their region for them, however the best schools *usually* reside in the capitals

-There are rumours of sea Mythics, like mermaids and sirens, but no one really knows for sure because there has been no conclusive evidence

-If you’ve made it this far, put Get waffled in other in white font {don’t ask}

-Honestly, I only have a general idea of what I want for this fic so don’t be surprised if it’s all over the place {I’ll try to make sure it’s not though}

-Yes this is another school fic

Rules:

>Not really a rule, but I’d be grateful if you took out the parentheses in the form

>I’d prefer it if you submitted an OC, but I’m not going to kill you if you submit your forumsona

>This story is going to have only a bit of romance on the side, so it won’t really happen in most chapters, but feel free to request ships and things {no promises though}

>Please have more than one or two sentences in the appearance and personality categories, it really helps me to get a feel for the character more than if you just write: “Extrovert, likes cats.”

>No Mary Sues/Gary Sues/just overpowered characters in general

>Not really a rule, but I’ve never written non-binary or transgender characters before, so I would probably do a horrible job. Feel free to still make them though

>Right now, I’m not limiting character amounts {because probably very few, if any, people will sign up for this} If that somehow changes though, I will

>You can make a human character, they just won’t get featured pretty much at all unless I get struck with a brilliant idea for their character arc. {Which I might, you never know}

>Just to clarify, you’ll be making characters for the main school the story will be focusing on

>And if you didn’t get the hint earlier, please don’t make a fairy form unless you have a really good plot for them that you think would work for the story {In that case, DM me. But still, no promises}

>Thanks for making it this far!

Form: 
x means it’s optional

Name {First and last}:
x
Nickname(s):
Species:
Sexuality:

Appearance:
Clothing Preference:
Personality:
xLikes:
xDislikes:
xGreatest Fear:
xHobbies:

Crush/Shippable?:
xBackstory:
Other:

Last edited by Astra (7/10/2020 7:40 pm)

[/Astra|Evergreen\]
She/Her
s l e e p

wow i exist??

7/11/2020 2:20 am  #2

Re: Occultia| Signups | yep I'm finally making a forumfic

Hmmm, interesting. Bookmark...?

It's not exactly my style. The life of a completely secret society living under our noises thing, two words separated from each other. One being very knowledgeable about the other. It's just not my story.

However, I still might see. Idk.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

7/11/2020 11:16 am  #3

0: Bookmark

7/11/2020 1:09 pm  #4

@Time
Of course, that's your choice ^-^

@Rune
UwU

[/Astra|Evergreen\]
She/Her
s l e e p

wow i exist??

7/11/2020 11:52 pm  #5

If anyone is still looking for a forumfic, I'll be sure to tell them of yours!

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

7/12/2020 9:53 am  #6

Thanks OwO

[/Astra|Evergreen\]
She/Her
s l e e p

wow i exist??

Board footera