The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/11/2020 6:33 pm  #1

Galaxian's Conglomeration of Lack of Creativity (Version -∞)

Why is it Version -∞? Well it's like my writing, going on a steep downhill to who-knows-where. Yes, I'm salty about my writing style plunging right now.
Anyways, howdy! My name is Galaxian Explosion and I'm a writer (probably, anyways), but you wouldn't know it from the quality of my writing, lack of execution of ideas, and how little I actually show others of the actual writing. Here, it's a demonstration of all the above!
I was gonna start a story or something here, but I cannot stick to one idea so y'all are probably gonna get random roleplay writing snippets (probably GGaD but who knows, maybe I'll be active in another roleplay sometime; GGaD roleplayers will probably see repeats from there and to here in several categories), random fanfics for games/stories you have never heard of, probably random essays and stuff, character analyses(?), and just random lists or things as weird as those. Other than those snippets where I'm actually writing, I wouldn't say to expect for complete sentences that aren't fragments/run-ons (especially run-ons), thus effectively making this the only non-writing post that'll be coherent, maybe?
Also, I've written small excerpts for forumfics from like 2018 that I'll never publish in entirety, but I might write more bits just for fun.

Some more things before I, uh, post more stuff, I guess?

Notes
-I consider my writing to be PG-13. I like using imagery, metaphors, stuff like that, and I don't really err away from violence. I don't consider myself to be someone who writes a lot of violence (in fact I usually get triggered by that stuff so I actually avoid excessive violence), but I do try to delve into some sensitive topics. I'll try to warn when I can, but overall just presume my writing isn't about happy happiness.
-Going along with that, there's a lot of angst.
-Writing on here isn't coherent, like most things I write, and I'm sorry.
-I'm someone who really likes to express opinions through writing, and my opinions may clash with yours in several ways. Just please respect this fact, and I respect your opinions. I'm not trying to twist your opinions (even if I'm in a debating mood or writing something very opinionated) and you have your rights to retain them. Same goes for me.
-Constructive criticism is welcomed but please don't say my writing is stupid. Unlike my art and my personal being my writing actually does have an ego.
-If I ever do write song lyrics/"Poetry" and post it here I apologize in advance.

Alrighty, lets see how much I can actually toss on here!

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
Birds aren't real.

6/11/2020 6:41 pm  #2

Re: Galaxian's Conglomeration of Lack of Creativity (Version -∞)

His Reality

It wasn’t the pool of tears gathered on his pillow or even the dreadful scenes in his mind that yanked him out of his subconscious, but rather anxious yet gentle pats across his shoulders that stayed away from his aching wings concealed by the day and were accompanied by the gentle murmurs of everything being a dream. Slowly but surely, reality faded back in a laminated glow as he lifted his head and face from his pillow, but the true reality was dark. There was no light. Of course; it was the middle of the night, and everything was dark, but for the angel, everything was illuminated softly, glowing ethereally, just like the warmth in his heart from someone waking him up from a nightmare. It was what he would have defined as feeling loved, something he had never really had the opportunity to think about, and now he cherished it with all his heart.
“I’m awake, Kaori-san,” he said softly, his words soft and weighed lightly down by sleep. After a short while, he added, “Thank you.”
“Uh huh.” The other paused for a bit before continuing, “Sorry. I had to wake you up. You sounded…” He stopped speaking, maybe fearing it would embarrass the other. But the boy knew. Even now, terror pulsed within him as if blood in his veins.  
“No. Thank you.” He tried to turn around a bit, but found that his wings obstructed his way again. But he knew the other boy was probably nearby. He could feel the other’s weight, small as it was, against one side of the bed. It was likely the other boy’s head was leaning against the side of the bed.
“You can have my pillow.”
He shook his head. “I’m fine. I can just shift a bit.”
“It’s hard for you to shift, though, right?” That was the end of any argument—that voice spoken with such a gentle yet firm tone, but he still tried.
“I can flip it over.”
“But it’s flat on the other side.” The other’s sleepy drawl sounded, for some reason, persistent.
He relented. His silence was enough to let the other tug the pillow from him. There was some rustling, and then another pillow was stuffed under his head. It both felt like it had just been put out in a sun, and in a way, it smelled like sunshine as well, a strange occurrence for something existing for its purpose in darkness.
He heard the gentle creak of the other’s bed, and then a bit of silence filled in between them; but after a while, he could hear the other’s awake breathing pulsating with an unsteady pattern. He blamed himself. If he hadn’t dreamed, Kaori wouldn’t be like this. The other was a light sleeper, and when Kaori woke up, he had troubles going back to sleep.
“…It’s not your fault,” the other spoke, sounding a bit more alert.
He recovered from his flinch of instinctive surprise, but didn’t say anything.
“Really,” the other tried to reassure, then continued, “I was having a bit of trouble going to sleep, too.”
It was so late that the statement meant it must have been a long and sleepless time. He lifted his head from the pillow to ask clearly, “Why?”
Sensing his discomfort in just speaking, the boy named Kaori got off his own bed to come over. Sitting on the edge of the other’s bed, he said, “I could see color.” His voice gave off a feeling of euphoria as he continued, “Yuu, I could see color…I still can. It’s never been so long before.”
The excitement didn’t need to be contagious to seep into Yuu. Moments when Kaori could see color normally were rare, happening only once in a while, and for someone who loved to paint as much as Kaori, those moments were as if gifts from the heavens to make up for the deficit in some way. It was enough for him to support himself into a crawling position.
“Yuu?”
“Let’s go.” His voice was determined and buoyant, both from his fleeting thoughts and the lightness of the dark. “Last time you said that when you could see colors, you’d paint a self-portrait against the sky as the backdrop.” He didn’t need to ask for confirmation.
“But—”
“Come on.” He offered a light smile to the other boy who, despite his own protests, had already started to stand. The reluctance didn’t take long to be overcome by their mutual excitement, and only a few moments later, the two greeted the barely dim light outside with only another jacket tossed onto both of their shoulders and a flapping scarf raveled around Yuu’s arm just in case. However, both of them had never feared the cold. It was just autumn, so the night was barely frigid anyways. Kaori had brought a small set of paints and a brush, and he was just as preoccupied with watching the road as he was staring at his paints as if mesmerized by the different colors.
It was this opportunity that Yuu took to sweep the other boy up easily and take into the sky.
In the excitement, it seemed that Kaori had forgotten the angel hadn’t concealed his wings, and his surprise was so that he didn’t even remember to exclaim in surprise—or perhaps it just had never been his way. Instead he gaped, first at the fast-vanishing ground, then at the buildings that seemed to be flying by and growing smaller and, finally, Yuu.
“…it really is colder up here,” he said.  
“Right?” Yuu offered a cheeky grin, feeling almost giddy and most definitely pleased. “We probably shouldn’t stay up here for too long then. Where’s the best place?”
The other answered with a slight nod in a direction, and Yuu flew towards their destination with the wind singing in their ears. He finally landed near the top of a building, taking a few more steps to make sure that the structure was at least steady and suitable for walking before setting Kaori down carefully.
Now that the world had stopped rushing by, everything seemed stiller, but nothing was still. He watched as Kaori traced every cloud in the sky with his eyes, as if afraid that his vision would fade away into a thin gray once more, but the gray of the clouds was different, and while they didn’t have an actual silver lining, they might have been just as precious as actual silver in the other’s eyes.
“I wasn’t able to bring a stool.” Yuu spoke carefully as to not ruin the fragile but beautiful moment, shuffling around a bit with his hands in his pockets.  
“That’s okay.” Kaori stood a bit taller, seemingly unafraid of the height. Yuu hoped that he knew he would be caught before he could fall, but he then turned around to regard the horizon where the sun would rise in the morning. “That’s okay,” he repeated as if to make sure the world heard him, taking the mirror that Yuu offered him. “Thank you.”
He first set up his equipment quickly with accustomed hands, noting every detail about their background that he could, feeling the rare wood under his fingers as he worked with every part.
Then he held it up: The mirror of reality. He turned his back to Yuu, turning the mirror around to catch the other’s curious expression that quickly turned into a surprised one, unaccustomed to seeing himself somewhere else, and he laughed as he turned it back on himself. To Yuu, it was his cue for silence, and he spent his time spreading his wings carefully as he watched the other’s movements and every sweep of paint across the canvas, trying not to spread wind onto the other’s canvas. The wind whistled along as Kaori worked, and Yuu found himself trying to sing quietly along with it, staring at the ever-changing canvas and then the ground far, far below. Time passed by, but instead of finding it tedious, he found it as if a companion, one he would part ways with happily every such moment there was.
“Come look.”
The first thing Yuu noticed was the amount of gold Kaori used. It was like there was some sort of unseen sun had been shining on the other and…
“Is that me?” The words flew out of his mouth and then dwindled away in astonishment, but it was pretty obvious who it was, even though in the painting it appeared almost as if that reflection of him had been standing next to Kaori as he painted. His eyes were a blaring gold, as if a tiny sun…and there was an ethereal glow all around him stemming to Kaori, the side of his face and everything else. The sky faded away in the background, a dark royal sort of purple and black illuminated by the two of them.
“So…what do you think?” the other asked him, peering easily over his shoulder.
 His words died on his tongue. He wanted to tell Kaori—it was beautiful, amazing, truly breathtaking—everything along those lines. Most of all, it represented so much to him. But he couldn’t say anything. He just kept looking at all the colors that radiated off of him and Kaori, as if they were what the world centered upon.
“Thank you,” he said a long while after, after the paint had already dried, the words among all that Kaori had taught him ever since they had first met as friends, brothers, everything that they were. The moon above dimmed as the silver clouds swept under it, but still the sky remained bright and unconservative.
“You’re welcome, Yuu.” The other smiled, the beginnings of a sad happiness edging his face as he tied up the rolled-up canvas and gathered all the parts of the supporting structure. “That was just enough time to finish. Let’s go back?”
He looked briefly at the unchanging and illuminated sky, smiling slightly. “Yeah, let’s go back.”

~|-O-|~

It wasn’t the ocean of tears suffocating him or even the dreadful scene in his mind that yanked him out of his subconscious and into the world where his wings were being torn away by the night, but rather the memory of the rather anxious yet gentle pats across his shoulders as someone from sometime far away gently murmured to him of everything being only a strange and twisted dream. Slowly but surely, reality crawled back, fading into the one where everything was dark. There was no light. Of course, it was late and everything was dark in the first place, but for the angel wrenched back into a nightmare, whose everything had once been illuminated softly by an ethereal glow, his vision was swept dark.
His mind had wandered to the painting again, hadn’t it? He’d always been so distracted…
He could barely feel it. He could barely feel his hand. He stretched it out slightly towards something in front. He hadn’t been able to feel in dreams before, but maybe this was just something different.
A hand closed around his own as if a claw. It felt cold. Was it? Kaori’s hand had always been warm, even on winter nights. Maybe his hands were too hot, but it had always been Kaori’s hand warming his own up. They had always been larger and softer than his own. Was that something strange to note? Now they were so cold.
Was it Kaori? No, Kaori was gone, gone since six years ago. He had gone and he was waiting to be followed still, wasn’t he?
The blackness tugged.
He closed his eyes.

Galaxian Explosion
Protecc: 黑小虎, Gold Saints, Run, Hajime Saitou, Heaven Chancellor, Karna, 离, Hiiragi Shinya, Violet Evergarden, 涂山容容
Birds aren't real.

6/11/2020 8:47 pm  #3

Ah yes, I'll definitely be following this now.

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

6/11/2020 10:23 pm  #4

Welcome to Chaos :D.

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/12/2020 3:16 pm  #5

Definitely following (:

Last edited by ShadowmarkAssassin (6/12/2020 3:16 pm)

You will be forever w a t c h e
{Did I mention that this is Fallon?}
{She/Her}

6/12/2020 7:26 pm  #6

Welcome

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/13/2020 1:06 am  #7

I am desperately trying to fix my forumer persona and desperately failing. This is fine.

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/13/2020 1:19 am  #8

As of the current, my fantasy-and-action-obsessed mind has decided that it wants to venture in directions I'm not interested in.
As of current, my writing projects include quite a few, but the only two I publish "frequently" (A.K.A. more than once per year hahahaha) are:
-AgK! AU for GGaD
-Cosmic Perspective

I do some other writing on my own, but I haven't written fanfics in a while. I'm considering doing them again, though as usual they're always more of an AU.
While contemplating the fanfiction writing thing, I've considered trying to maybe write out my forum!persona's backstory to get a better grasp of his personality, motives, and overall just where he's coming from, but Saint Seiya is a huge void I came half-out of that's constantly trying to suck me back in, so it might not be the best idea.
I don't know, but I'm pretty determined to keep Saint Seiya in my forum!persona's backstory, as SS as a whole pretty much is my backstory before the forums.
Nonetheless, I also wanted to add in another component. Before the forums was another world--a game. It was (and is, but I can no longer access it) Everybody Edits, and I joined it in 2017. If in some way I could connect this "world" to my forum!persona, that'd be great and I think interesting.

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/13/2020 1:24 am  #9

This might also be a weird thing to talk about at once, but as of late, I've been losing huge confidence in the characters' relationships I depict, no matter in roleplays or in stories. Especially the relationships that are more romantic-platonic. I feel like it's always my fault that those relationships aren't developed enough. While on my own end I'm a bit more confident, I lack a lot of self-confidence when it comes to developing them with others. I have no romantic experience (that's a good thing considering my current age haha), and I always feel like I don't know how to let the relationship progress. In the end, it always feels more like a friendship than anything, perhaps one a bit more intimate, but still.
At the moment I only have two "ships" active, and one is in the awkward consideration I've talked about, while the other is just inactive.
I suck at both coming up with ideas and executing them in this one, haha.

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/13/2020 3:53 pm  #10

I see I'm already constantly doing the June Challenge, haha, just not the published part.
I guess I ought to publish the first chapter of the AgK! AU by July 13th, then?

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/13/2020 5:00 pm  #11

Some songs for romance are like, very nice when one gender sings it and just plain weird when the other does.
Like, okay, I fully understand males can wear lipstick, but when you hear "Maybe I should have pretended to be drunk and smeared lipstick across your cheek, ignoring others' reactions" in a male voice, or at least when I hear it, I get pretty weirded out and feel like it would have been wiser to maybe change the lyrics a tad bit.
Idk, I tend to think of the visible lipstick as being more of a female thing than a male thing.
Of course, I have male characters of my own who wear lipstick (though non-visible) and Aphrodite does exist (he wears lipstick, or else how are his lips color-transient?? I don't buy the "canon" material for him not wearing lipstick .)

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/13/2020 5:02 pm  #12

Forgot to mention that the said song is in Chinese, which is why the translation is weird.
I appreciate Chinese songs xD.
Why am I mentioning it on my writing thread? Well, I do write songs. I'm not publishing them lol, sometimes I put some lyrics and stuff but overall? No.

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/13/2020 5:37 pm  #13

Agk! AU coming up? oooohohhh yess

You ever just Xue Hua Piao Piao

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

6/14/2020 12:20 am  #14

Welcome to Chaos, Time.
Did you seriously just ask me if I "snowflake floaty floaty"

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/14/2020 12:24 am  #15

Speaking of "snowflake floaty floaty", I suck at writing in Chinese.
I'm actually ok in the short term but I can't, like, write stories. For instance, I can write basic forms.
By "can" I mean I can do it semi-well, not that I don't know enough Chinese for it.
My songs in Chinese are better than those in English though, at least most of the time. I overall like Chinese songs more. They're so fun to analyze!

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/14/2020 12:26 am  #16

Saori from Saint Seiya sucks, and if you think otherwise you can actually fight me if you'd like. I wouldn't like to, but yes, she sucks and literally--she sucks.
Sasha's awesome though, so I'm not saying things about Athena in general?? But yes, Saori sucks, for the 3rd time in a row, and I am constantly trying to find ways to make her suffer or disappear in all SS AUs I have.

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/14/2020 12:26 am  #17

No wait, that was the fourth time.
Ignore my lack of counting ability LOL--

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/14/2020 12:28 am  #18

Rn I'm trying to sort out a "flipside".
The flipside is a screaming dolphin so,,, kinda challenging I gotta admit, especially since I can't seem to write forms rn.
Write write write

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/16/2020 1:20 am  #19

Once I, like, find out a way to explain Saint Seiya kinda, I'll post random not-really-an-AU stuff here, who doesn't like it when OP demons become gods I mean right

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/16/2020 1:27 am  #20

Saint Seiya is a shounen manga/anime series made in the 1980's, the plot's not great but it does take a lot of myths around the world (most specifically, Greece, Rome, and mostly it concentrates around European legends lol), especially those involved with gods, and twists them. The basic premise is around "five mystical warriors called the Saints who fight wearing sacred sets of armor named "Cloths", the designs of which derive from the various constellations the characters have adopted as their destined guardian symbols, and empowered by a mystical energy called "Cosmo". The Saints have sworn to defend the reincarnation of the Greek goddess Athena in her battle against other Olympian gods who want to dominate Earth" ("Saint Seiya", Wikipedia).
As it happens, I don't like the protagonists haha. So screw them. And while it's sometimes fun to win fights with friendship and all, I"m not too entertained with that, either. And if all the gods were against humanity (or even just the fat majority), we'd have all been dead by now. So I don't buy that a lot, either. I like developed antagonists, what can I say?
I'll probably try to explain more, but basically this is a kinda-AU where I translate certain characters (mostly mine so people don't smh at me for ruining their OCs, but people are gonna smh either way, what can I do?) into the SS universe while neglecting all of its basic premises, e.g. I will be ignoring certain Greek gods' existences as I translate them in and as I do so, I also won't have any idea who those existences are?? Hopefully the universe don't spin out of control completely haha.
Again, I won't be writing anything formal with this, but Saint Seiya is my favorite anime (and my first; firsts are special), so yeah, I'm lowkey obsessed with certain parts of it.
Feel free to ask about the universe and I'll answer it probably in a very wordy way. I won't provide too much canon stuff, though, maybe as examples?
Warning: Spoilers are coming and they won't be marked completely, since this warning is already there. I daresay SS is very predictable lol (spoiler alert: The protagonists always win, wow wow, it's a shounen anime from the 20th century [what'd you expect lol]) so it shouldn't be that big of a problem?
Not gonna dive too deep into plot planning and such too, yeah.
Anyways, enjoy!

-Galaxian-

Last edited by GalaxianExplosion (6/16/2020 1:33 am)

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/16/2020 2:13 am  #21

Alrighty so the current role transitions I have are:
-Hitan as the Scorpio Gold Saint
-Helen (she's Rune's character) as Athena
-Akuma/Kichiku as Hades
-The Hunters are different followers of Hades but it depends individually

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/16/2020 2:14 am  #22

You'll see more GGaD characters if I do use others' characters in this weird project, haha.

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/16/2020 2:27 am  #23

Hmmm so first thing I feel like actually giving Akuma a name, a placeholder for the world.
C'mon, he's a god in this universe. He deserves a name at least.
I feel like he'd be a god who goes by "they/them" pronouns? I mean Akuma doesn't mind possessing males, females, nonbinary peoples, or a plant if it really felt like it.
They/them it is.

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/16/2020 2:30 am  #24

Watch me forget that within the first post lol.
Btw, they'll go by he/him if they're in their host. Because this is like basically GGaD flipped to Saint Seiya, kinda, and their host in GGaD is male, and so, their host in Saint Seiya will be male as well!

-Galaxian-

Galaxian Explosion
Birds aren't real.

6/16/2020 11:12 am  #25

Oh boy so Akuma did become a god in the AU, huh.
If they're Hades though then that means their host is 100% guaranteed to be a very Nice Person and that makes me happy UwU.

Now I'm gonna be stalking this not-really-an-AU because >:D GGaD and SS and your characters òwó <3

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (6/16/2020 11:14 am)

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

Board footera