The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/18/2020 4:03 pm  #1

JMA for "Humans" |•| The RP

You arrive at a school that seems to be built into a mountain, and not just any mountain. It was built into Jade Mountain, a mountain famous for the fact that at a distance, the vegetation seems to blend into the peak, making it appear a dazzling green.

The school grounds start where a sign, labeled with the school name is carefully and clearly placed. This sign is placed perhaps some fifty yards before Jade Mountain's base, and it also marks the start of a path through the harsh vegetation. 

Some twenty yards in the school grounds, a large courtyard, somewhere around thirty yards wide and twenty yards long, is tucked into the base of the mountain. Small patches of grass and moods grow between the cracks of cobblestone. Small trees, bushes and flowers are surrounded by rocks in a flowerbed. A few stone benches are placed against them. There's hardly anything else down on the ground, aside from a small cave entrance that is locked with a barred metal door and a tall flight of wooden stairs that led nowhere else but up to the very top of the mountain. 

If you look up, you'd find plenty of rooms that seemed to be carved into the mountain itself. Each room or small building has a long, wooden platform for people to fly onto so they can reach the said rooms or buildings. That's when you notice the tall wooden poles used to help keep the structures up.

The dorms are all on the left side of the mountain, and some of them looked to have been built onto the very tops of the trees. It was clear which house was which, due to the fact that the small houses had doors painted the color of the precious stone or metal. There are two to three tiny buildings per house, probably to separate groups by gender, and a fourth tiny room for everyone in that house to meet in. All four of the wooden structures with slanted thatched roofs were connected by wooden walkways with railings to keep anyone from falling off.

---

The last place Zabella wanted to be right now was Jade Mountain Academy. It wasn't fair that she of all people had to go. What had she done? Nothing. But there was not going back now anyway. Shaking her head and sighing, the NightWing shouldered her back and stepped into the light of the courtyard. 

Ryan, meanwhile, was thrilled to be here. The idea of meeting so many people, especially people from outside his MudWing tribe, was very appealing to him. Maybe I'll even meet another hybrid! the broad shouldered boy thought, heaving a trunk with him as he walked across the courtyard.

Monarch wasn't sure how she felt about meeting people, but she was certainly excited to be able to learn all about the strange new tribes she knew she would meet here. Could people from the SeaWing tribes really glow if they wanted to? Were some MudWings really able to resist fire? Her butterfly like wings fluttered excitedly. 

Last edited by Rune01 (5/18/2020 4:03 pm)

5/18/2020 6:31 pm  #2

Re: JMA for "Humans" |•| The RP

Tock was already in the courtyard, sitting on one of those stone benches. He's just quietly watching everyone, primarily any newcomers. His face is blank, or fairly hard to read. Which, to be honest, was kinda odd or creepy. What was he feeling at the moment? I don't really know.

Fraser, on the other hand, and much like Ryan, was very much so excited about this. He came here, purely to meet others from tribes. Hear about what they had to say, have some new adventure! A new place is always great. A new place to explore and learn things!

Rush yawned as she stepped into the school (and entered the courtyard, assuming that was the main meeting place for everyone). She had a fairly neutral stance on coming to this school. It was certainly interesting, for sure, at least that was true. Meeting new people from other tribes would be interesting as well.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

5/18/2020 6:54 pm  #3

Kira made her way over to a bench away from the other people and pulled out her blue airbrushes. She plopped down behind the bench and began to paint. She wasn't particularly excited to be there, but all this stone was just begging to be painted on. Was it illegal? Probably.

Posy, with her earbuds in, was sitting on one of the benches in the courtyard. She smiled as she thought about the fact that for the first time ever, practically, she didn't have to hide some of her appearance from the rest of the world. She noticed a MudWing that looked a little different. A hybrid, too?

kat !
any prns

5/18/2020 7:00 pm  #4

Zaffre was definitely excited for school, but not for socializing with others. Instead, he was excited to learn and explore a new place. He was already wandering the courtyard, making small, quick sketches of the flowers in his notebook.

Alex was just relieved to get out of her village. The SkyWing was reading on one of the stone benches. She wasn't exactly used to the amount of people in the courtyard, but she did think meeting the other students would be... interesting, to say the least.

~Thunderstorm~
she/they | writer | cat lover | chaotic tired
abyss and revenant
"Just a little time... just a little something else instead..."

5/18/2020 7:15 pm  #5

Isla was sitting underneath one of the trees near the entrance, her nose buried in a book. Frankly, the prospect of taking to the other students terrified her. This wasn't her first time meeting dragons of other tribes, of course, but there was just this gnawing fear in the back of her head--

But Mom said this would be good for me. I might as well at least try, right?

Well. It doesn't have to be today.

Letting our a breath, the SeaWing rose to her feet and began to make her way across the courtyard. She still hadn't been completely paying attention to her surroundings, however, and so she'd accidentally walked straight into Alex.

The girl immediately flinched. "Oh! I'm so sorry, did I--did I hurt you?"

[ JACK ]
she/her | aquarius | frog lover

5/18/2020 7:33 pm  #6

Simo folded his arms across his chest as he walked into the courtyard. Even with his leather jacket, the air felt chilly in the shadow of the mountain. He'd rather be back in the nice warm forge of the smiths' guild. Still, the guildmaster had told him education was important, so Simo was determined to do his best here. He continued walking forward towards the center of the courtyard. 

Call me Marshall. Or Hungry, as that usually describes me.

"Chaos is only an enemy if you're unable to adapt"
-Шухрат Кессикбаев

Dealer of cursed artifacts

Chaotic Neutral energy

T̢h̛e v͝͝oi͜d̷̛ í̶s͘͜͞ ͢͠l̀͞o̵v͝ȩl̛y̸̢,̕͢ ̢̀h͡ǫ҉ṕ̶ ̵͟͏o̧n ҉̛i҉n̷̡

5/18/2020 7:54 pm  #7

Alex let out a little surprised noise when Isla walked into her and her book fell on the ground. She seemed physically fine, though. "Nope, I'm good. You didn't hurt me, don't worry." She picked up her book from the ground and raised an eyebrow at Isla in slight concern. "You okay? Your mind seems to be in a different place than the courtyard."

~Thunderstorm~
abyss and revenant

5/19/2020 7:42 pm  #8

Birch looked around the courtyard with an eager curiosity. She wanted to learn about other tribes and more facts about the world she lived in, but she didn't really know how to interact with other people yet.

Persona:Lavender the Dragon-Cat-Girl-Thing

This is going to be awesome, I just know it!!

5/20/2020 10:11 am  #9

"Yeah, I'm--I'm fine," Isla mumbled. "Just... tired, I guess." She fidgeted a bit with the jade earring in one of her ears, unsure of what to say next.

Start a conversation, whispered the voice in her head. 

"So, are you, um--what winglet are you in?" she blurted out.

[ JACK ]
she/her | aquarius | frog lover

5/20/2020 11:22 am  #10

Alex blinked a little bit in surprise. That's one way to change the topic. She pointed to the jade pendent on her neck. "I'm in Jade. You?"

~Thunderstorm~
abyss and revenant

5/20/2020 11:24 am  #11

((Well, looks like we need to get starting with interacting, some way or another))

Tock continues on sitting. Maybe he's now just staring at someone? Tbh, it can be anyone really, but it's probably a hybrid. Who? I don't know, maybe SOMEBODY CHOOSE. Yep.

Fraser looked around, and noticed a girl painting... on the stone? "Uhm. what are you doing?" He asked as he walked and kneeled on the bench to look over the bench.

I would try to do something with Rush, but idk.

Last edited by Time (5/20/2020 6:39 pm)

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

5/20/2020 12:48 pm  #12

Zodiac glanced at the person staring at him. What's wrong? Do I have something on me? He unconsciously tucked his sleeves, farther down, hiding his wrists.

[/Astra|Evergreen\]
She/Her
s l e e p

wow i exist??

5/20/2020 1:32 pm  #13

At the sight of Posy, the friendly MudWing went to greet them. He set his trunk down by the bench and took a seat. "Hi! I'm Ryan. What's your name?"

Monarch fluttered over to a small map she had found and traced her fingers along the labeled pathways like she was trying to memorize them all. Oh, so there's the history classroom...there's the mess hall...

5/20/2020 2:58 pm  #14

Kira glanced up at the guy for a moment before switching to a light orange airbrush. "What, you've never seen someone doing art before?" She felt around her belt and pulled out a red. Her wings seemed to change to match the colors she was using.

"Oh, hey, my name's Posy, it's nice to meet you!" Posy smiled at Ryan as she took an earbud out. "If you don't mind me asking, are you a hybrid?"

kat !
any prns

5/20/2020 4:18 pm  #15

Looking around the courtyard, Simo spotted a map. That would certainly be useful. He walked over to the map and stood next to a SilkWing girl who was also studying it. "The miners back home would love this place. I wonder how long it took to carve all this out", he thought out loud, as he looked over the pathways. 

-Шухрат Кессикбаев

Chaotic Neutral energy

5/20/2020 4:24 pm  #16

He nodded. "Yeah! I'm part IceWing and part MudWing." After studying her for a moment, he paused to ask her the same question. 

Monarch turned to see who had spoken, and grinned excitedly when she realized it was someone from a different tribe. "Oh, hi! And miners?" She hoped he would elaborate.

5/20/2020 4:44 pm  #17

Simo turned. "Well of course! You can't have metalsmiths without metal after all", he chuckled. "The miners back home make massive tunnel systems underground that are really fun to explore. And they say they love digging just as much as we smiths love metalworking, so it works out for everyone". Smiling broadly, Simo extended a calloused hand. "I'm Simo by the way. Simo Leravinge. Nice to meet you."

-Шухрат Кессикбаев

Chaotic Neutral energy

5/20/2020 4:45 pm  #18

"I'm part LeafWing and part HiveWing," Posy said with a nod. "Although, I've never met another hybrid before, much less someone who's open about it."

kat !
any prns

5/20/2020 6:42 pm  #19

Tock said nothing, he just keeps on staring.

"Oh no no no!" Fraser replied, "I've seen plenty paint! It just I've never seen someone do it on stone on academy grounds instead of deciding to meet people."

Last edited by Time (5/20/2020 6:43 pm)

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

5/20/2020 6:53 pm  #20

"Um... excuse me?" Zaffre wandered over to Tock with a curious expression. "Why are you just staring at everyone?"

~Thunderstorm~
abyss and revenant

5/20/2020 7:24 pm  #21

"This stone, it's so..." Kira paused for a moment, thinking. "...dull. Boring. Uninteresting. It needs some color."

She took her yellow and sprayed a swirl on the stone. "And I haven't meet nobody. I've met you after all."

kat !
any prns

5/20/2020 9:36 pm  #22

Zodiac sighed when he saw someone approach him, and glanced away and around the courtyard. There's so many people here...I wonder if I'll make any friends.

[/Astra|Evergreen\]
She/Her
s l e e p

wow i exist??

5/20/2020 10:02 pm  #23

Tock quickly turned to face Zaffre, "What am I supposed to do other than observing people?"

Fraser nods, "You are right, stone does need a splash of color." He said, "Oh, and I'm Fraser. You are?"

Last edited by Time (5/20/2020 10:03 pm)

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

5/20/2020 10:35 pm  #24

"You do get it," Kira gasped, her wings fluttering slightly. She then stuck out her free hand, "Kira. It's nice to see that somebody else understands!"

kat !
any prns

5/20/2020 10:47 pm  #25

"Um... you could observe plants, if you wanted to? The plants are pretty neat here," Zaffre suggested, flipping through his rather detailed sketches in his notebook of the plants around the courtyard. "I mean, I was just wondering why you were staring at people. You don't have to stop doing that if you wanted to."

~Thunderstorm~
abyss and revenant

Board footera