The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/16/2020 10:32 am  #1

(DB) The school year has began!

It's early morning in Diamond Bay and to everyone’s joy and delight, the school year has started. The spring festival has come and gone and now, the train station nearest to the school is starting to have streams of students coming out now and then. There’s a convenience store nearby, and the school has a few students sitting in front of it. 

A purple haired freshman is sitting on one of the planter benches near the main entrance of the school. She has her headphones on and is kicking the air with her boots.  

Another freshman with light blue hair is pacing near the front door, lower face buried into her scarf (even though it’s near summertime…?)  

A blonde-haired girl with her hair in a braid is departing from the train station now and is starting the walk to the school. She seems to be rather focused on the sky, which is still fading into a more vibrant blue.  

There’s a senior with near-white hair working at the register of the convenience store nearby. He’s not doing anything, just standing behind the counter and waiting for a customer.  

A girl with pink hair is wearing a yellow hoodie and is stretching in the courtyard of the school. She has her earbuds in and she’s bopping her head to the song. (She’s vibing.)

Last edited by ghostbunni (5/16/2020 10:36 am)

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

5/16/2020 10:47 am  #2

Re: (DB) The school year has began!

Jayden was walking next to the blonde-haired girl, listening to Harlow ramble on about their latest video game that they had just completed. 

Vail was walking to school as well. He didn't seem to be so keen in resting or talking with other people, though.

Cinnabar was in the courtyard, using her silk to trace an intricate design on a small beetle made of metal. When it was done, the beetle sprang to life and hovered in the air.

Arashi swooped in and landed on the ground near the front entrance. Indigo slid off Arashi's back, and tilted his head at the light-blue haired girl curiously. "Hi?"

~Thunderstorm~
she/they | writer | cat lover | chaotic tired
abyss and revenant
"Just a little time... just a little something else instead..."

5/16/2020 10:55 am  #3

The blue-haired girl jumped, snapped out of her thought process. She immediately beamed at Indigo, waving her hand slightly. "Hello!"

Julienne noticed the presence of Jayden and Harlow next to her, signing a quick "good morning" at Jayden and saying the same to Harlow.

The pink haired girl's attention was caught by the metal beetle, but she shrugged and turned to her own devices again.

Last edited by ghostbunni (5/16/2020 10:58 am)

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

5/16/2020 12:28 pm  #4

Jayden signed back. "Good morning to you, too."

"Julienne! Hi!" Harlow snapped out of their ramblings to greet the blonde-haired girl. "Aren't you excited? This is your first day of Bellman's, right? Oh, high school's going to be great --"

Jayden gave an exasperated glance at Harlow before signing to Julienne again. "Please excuse Four-Eyes. They have a false belief that high school is a haven compared to middle school. In, reality, though... don't get your hopes up."

"Are you okay?" Indigo asked the blue-haired girl, slightly concerned. "You're wearing a scarf when summer's just around... oh! Do you have ice powers? Is that why you're wearing a scarf?"

Arashi's eyes were narrowed at the blue-haired girl. For one reason or another, he felt... uneasy about her.

~Thunderstorm~
abyss and revenant

5/17/2020 7:42 am  #5

"It's quite alright," Julienne responded with a shrug. "It couldn't be worse than what Dani explained it as."

The blue-haired girl sneezed before nodding at Indigo. "Ice powers! Although, I suck at using them. And in my scarf is my puff! Her name is Cotton," She pulled her scarf down a bit to reveal a fluffy white blob who looked very happy to be there. 
"And my name is Aamu!" she exclaimed with a grin.

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

5/17/2020 7:58 am  #6

Jayden frowned doubtfully at Julienne. "If you say so," he signed. He couldn't help but feel anxious, though, considering his experience last year --

And, with that little thread of anxiousness, Phantom couldn't help but shadow travel into Jayden's arms.

"Oh. really? Well -- wait is that a puff --"  Indigo rushed over to Aamu and Cotten, eyes wide in amazement. "I've never seen one before! They're usually near the mountains, and whenever I go there, the mountain spirit makes me almost freeze to -- sorry, I got a little excited." Indigo bowed. "Anyways, my name's Indigo! And this is -- Arashi?"

Arashi was growling slightly at Aamu, but Indigo's words made him snap into focus. "...Apologies," he murmured quietly.

~Thunderstorm~
abyss and revenant

5/17/2020 8:01 am  #7

"Are you okay?" Julienne asked Jayden. "You seem...anxious."

"It is a puff!!" Aamu squealed. "Cotton is so cute, I love her. It's okay!! Lady Mountain can be fussy," she laughed. Aamu returned the bow with a smile before nodding at Arashi. "It's alright, don't sweat it!"

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

5/17/2020 8:12 am  #8

Jayden let out a shaky sigh as he let Phantom jump onto his shoulder. "Selective mutism doesn't work well in a school setting..." he signed. "Especially because others don't typically understand it."

"Lady Mountain?" Indigo echoed. "Oh... she just doesn't like me and Arashi because we're tied to the Ocean Spirit. At least, that's my theory, anyway." He tilted his head. "I'm guessing you're tied to the Mou -- Lady Mountain, in some way?"

Arashi felt the uneasiness go away. "Thank you," the dragon murmured quietly. 

Last edited by SongOfStorms (5/17/2020 8:12 am)

~Thunderstorm~
abyss and revenant

5/17/2020 8:19 am  #9

"Ah," Julienne responded. "I'll always stand for you, so if you need help, please let me know. Okay?"

"Oh! Lady Mountain has never been a fan of Ocean kin, I've heard," Aamu said. "My äiti always said, 'Mumu, Ocean spirits aren't welcomed by Lady Mountain.' I'm Lumifae, so I'm like, genetically linked to the mountains?" Aamu said, cocking her head to the side. "I don't know much about where I came from."

riri / リリ
(she/her)
local bishoujo (●´□`)♡
rhythm game master
私は今日も転がります。
#ccsurvivor
♡ 1111 ♡

5/17/2020 8:29 am  #10

Jayden stared at Julienne. He smiled a little. "Th-thank you," he mumbled quietly.

"Lumifae are said to be made of snow and stardust, not mountain," Indigo said in a matter-of-faculty. "But that's neat! I've never met a Lumifae before! And I-I'm not really an ocean spirit? I'm human. Or am I human anymore? I mean, I can turn into a mer, so..."

~Thunderstorm~
abyss and revenant

5/18/2020 8:09 am  #11

Jo had just exited the train and was making her way over to the school, waving cheerfully at Jayden and Indigo as she passed by.

Florian was standing at the entrance of the building, greeting the students at the door as they made their way inside.

[ JACK ]
she/her | aquarius | frog lover

5/18/2020 9:27 pm  #12

Jayden waved hello to Jo.

Indigo, however, did not greet Jo. He was too busy with rambling. Arashi, however, waved his tail in greeting to the senior for the both of them.

~Thunderstorm~
abyss and revenant

5/19/2020 9:26 am  #13

The excitement of the school year starting is not limited to the students, apparently. A teacher--a brown haired lady, dressed in a fully purple formal suit--is cheerfully and warmly greeting the students as they entered.
She half-hoped that at least one of them would stop for a brief conversation. But, she knew, they also had classes to get to.

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (5/19/2020 9:26 am)

Specter | <<#CCsurvivor>>

Board footera