The Scholastic Forums

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/02/2020 4:00 pm  #1

Jade Mountain Academy |•| A RP Reboot by Rune

Introduction-
To whom this may concern, 

You have been one of the few chosen to join us at Jade Mountain Academy. This school offers higher education than most schools along with the chance to make friends with people from other tribes. Simply fill out the form provided, press the dragon insignia and you'll be good to go! We hope to see you soon! 
                     ~Headmaster Mango of Jade Mountain Academy 

In an alternate world, not quite Earth and not quite Phyrrah, half humans half dragons live in tribes. These tribes have gotten into wars far too often in the past, so in order to help sort out their differences and stop wars, a few people banded together to create this academy.  

Tribe Descriptions-  

SkyWings- Typically, SkyWings tend to be tall people with red or orange hair. They often have lots of freckles. They have the classically large SkyWing wings. They can both manipulate and conjure fire, and have a natural resistance to higher temperatures. Firetouch, the equivalent of Firescales, is a rare but deadly phenomenon in which whatever one touches burns.

SandWings- SandWings are tanned people with black hair and orange, yellow, brown or black eyes. They have SandWing wings and a tiny poisonous barb in their ankles. The poison simply makes the cut hurt more than it should. They can manipulate sand and dirt, but not mud. Very few have the animus ability.

RainWings- RainWings often have colorful hair and eyes. They have the fangs {which do not contain poison but are retractable} and wings {which change color} of a RainWing. They can manipulate plants, and have a reputation of being the best gardeners of all the tribes.

SeaWings- This tribe is identified for having blue or purple hair with green or aqua colored eyes. They have SeaWing gills and wings, and they can also survive much more pressure of the oceans than any other tribe. They can both manipulate and conjure water, vapor and fog/mist, but not ice, mud or slush. They can have animus powers.

IceWings- Often blond or white haired people with pale skin and pastel colored eyes. They also have IceWing wings and have a natural resistance to colder temperatures. They can both conjure and manipulate ice, snow, frost and slush, but not water. Powers such as Icetouch, a deadly occurrence, and the ability of being an animus are famously known.

MudWings- This tribe consists of brown or black haired people with great strength and a stout build. Their eyes tend to be either amber, brown, black or gold. They have MudWing wings. They can manipulate metal, and are typically skilled blacksmiths. Though rare, the ability to withstand fire is an ability many revere.

NightWings- This mysterious people often have black forked tongues and either purple, blue or black eyes. Their NightWing wings have often been described as dazzling. They can conjure and manipulate electric pulses. Powers such as animus, mind reading, and future telling can occur.

HiveWings- While although the new tribe has only just been met, it's clear HiveWIngs are very powerful and unique. Unlike nearly all the other tribes, HiveWings have four, thin, bug-like wings. There seems to be no set power for the HiveWings. Some can release a revolting gas, while others who have a barb at the end of their tail can paralize people for a few hours. Typically, HiveWings have darker skin and yellow or orange hair, but sometimes, they will have a lighter skin tone with black hair and a few streaks of yellow or orange. Some will have orange, red or yellow irises. 

SilkWings- Like the HiveWings, SilkWings have four wings, but theirs resemble the form of a butterfly. All SilkWings are wingless until around the age of three to four years old in human years. Most SilkWings will have very vibrant wings, but duller hair and various skin tones. SilkWings have the ability to shoot silk strands out of their wrists, but there are rare occasions when some SilkWings will have flaming silk stands. This is an incredibly rare power. Those with said rare power often have glowing wrists.

LeafWings- LeafWings have two wings instead of four like the HiveWings and SilkWings, but, as the name suggests, their wings take both the shape and color of leaves. Skin tones vary from person to person, but they all seem to have one shade or another of green hair. Their powers seem similar to a RainWing, but they can’t actually manipulate plants. Instead, they can speak to them and try to persuade them to do things.

Quick Guide on Hybrids- Hybrids can either inherit both powers from their parents {keep in mind they would be weak in their abilities}, inherit one power, or inherit no powers at all. {That only really happens when parents who have two contradicting powers have a child. [I.e., if an IceWing and SkyWing had a child, then because they powers that cancel the other ability out, it's possible that their child will not inherit a power.]}

Houses & Spots-

Instead of Winglets, there are houses. The houses are Jade, Gold, Silver, Copper, Quartz, and possibly Sapphire. 

Jade House: Everyone in the Jade House wears an accessory with a jade stone somewhere on it. Home of the well, the random. They are randomly selected to be in the Jade House. 
SkyWing: Taken by Thunderstorm {Alexandra}
IceWing: Taken by Fallon {Korudo Kaze}
SeaWing: Taken by Jack {Isla Kalawaia}
SandWing: Taken by Time {Tock Conquest}
MudWing: open
RainWing: Taken by Meerkat {Kira Sundari}
NightWing: Taken by me {Zabella Mallamo}
HiveWing: open
SilkWing: Taken by Astra {Zodiac Sacra}
LeafWing: Taken by Meerkat {Primrose Orrelios}

Gold House: Everyone in the Gold House wears an accessory made out of gold. Home of the brave/adventurous.
SkyWing: open
IceWing: open
SeaWing: open
SandWing: open
RainWing: Taken by Time {Fraser Zephyr}
NightWing: Taken by Fallon {Kuro Hoshi}
SilkWing: open
LeafWing: open

Silver House: Everyone in the Silver House wears an accessory made out of silver. Home of the intelligent/clever. 
IceWing: open
SeaWing: Taken by Thunderstorm {Zaffre Caldeira}
RainWing: open
NightWing: Taken by Lavender {Birch Key}
SilkWing: Taken by me {Monarch Zilia}

Copper House: Everyone in the Copper House wears an accessory made out of copper. Home of the cheery/creative.
SkyWing: Taken by Time {Rush Rex}
MudWing: Taken by Hungrycat {Simo Leravinge}
NightWing: open
SilkWing: Saved for Lavender

Quartz House: Everyone in the Quartz House wears an accessory with a quartz somewhere on it. Home of the kind/loyal. 
SeaWing: Taken by Fallon {Nami Mizu}
MudWing: Taken by me {Ryan Zuban}
RainWing: open

Sapphire House: This house is like the Jade House; people are randomly selected to be in it. I think you get the gist of what they would wear. This house will not open until all of the Jade House is taken.

Moonborn {Up to three}: Taken by Fallon {Kuro Hoshi}, open, open 
Fire Touch {Up to Two}: open, open
Ice Touch {Up to Two}: open, open
Hybrids {Up to Five}: Taken by me {Ryan}, Taken by Astra {Zodiac Sacra}, Saved for Meerkat, Saved for Time, Taken by Thunderstorm {Zaffre Caldeira}
Fire Resistance {Up to Two}: open, open
Flamesilk {Up to Two}: Taken by Astra {Zodiac Sacra}, open
Animus{SandWing, IceWing, SeaWing or NightWing; Up to One, possibly Two}: open 

Teacher spots are open too, so let me know if you want to make one! Should no one make a form for any teachers, then they can be controlled by anyone whenever needed. Just keep in mind that the headmaster is a female RainWing named Mango. 

Schedule-
Even Days {Ex, 18 of May}-
Wake Up/Breakfast- 7:00-7:45
A- 8:00-8:50
B- 8:55-9:40
C- 9:45-10: 35
D- 10:40-11:25
Lunch/Free Time- 11:30-12:00
E- 12:05-12:55
F- 1:00-1:50
G- 1:55-2:45
Lights Out- 9:00 pm.

Odd Days {Ex, 17 of May}-
Wake Up/Breakfast- 7:00-7:45
E- 8:00-8:50
F- 8:55-9:40
C- 9:45-10: 35
B- 10:40-11:25
Lunch/Free Time- 11:30-12:00
A- 12:05-12:55
D- 1:00-1:50
G- 1:55-2:45
Lights Out- 9:00 pm.

Jade House-
A- History
B- Math
C- Science
D- Art
E- English
F- P.E. / Power Training
G- Study Hall

Gold House-
A- P.E. / Power Training
B-  History
C- Math 
D- Science
E- Art
F- English
G- Study Hall

Silver House-
A- English
B- P.E. / Power Training
C- History
D- Math 
E- Science
F- Art
G- Study Hall

Copper House-
A- Art
B- English
C- P.E. / Power Training
D- History
E- Math 
F- Science 
G- Study Hall 

Quartz House-
A- Science
B- Art 
C- English
D- P.E. / Power Training
E- History
F- Math
G- Study Hall 

Rules-
- Don't be OP with your powers. Please make sure to add some limitations.
- No perfect characters either
- Please don't control other people's characters
-  If you would like, we can start off with a plot. Last time, we had a wingless man taking people's powers so he could get his wings and powers back.
- Also, if you'd like to make an antagonist form, you are more than welcome to! Just run by me what exactly this antagonist wants to do.
- Up to three characters per person, unless of course you make a form for a teacher or an antagonist. {This rule might change}
- Only one powered character {ex, moonborn, fire touch, etc.} per person. {This rule might change depending on how many people sign up}
- Please make sure to ask the other person before you start shipping to your characters though.-Please erase all parentheses from forms.
- Saves last three days, and extensions last two.
->You are allowed two extensions.
- Put "drapple" in other {long story}
- Have fun and thank you for reading this wall of text

Form- {* means optional}

Name {First and last}:
*Nickname{s}:
Age {14-18}:
Sexuality:
Appearance {Include what their wings look like!}:
Clothing Preference {Add their house accessory}:
Personality:
House {Try off their personality unless they are in the Jade House}:
Power{s} {with limitations}:
*Crush/Shippable?:
*Backstory:
Other:

My forms will be coming in shortly!

Last edited by Rune01 (5/11/2020 5:48 pm)

5/02/2020 4:07 pm  #2

Re: Jade Mountain Academy |•| A RP Reboot by Rune

BOOKMARKING

You will be forever w a t c h e
{Did I mention that this is Fallon?}
{She/Her}

5/02/2020 4:09 pm  #3

Oh my gosh the formatting keeps getting wonky

5/02/2020 4:38 pm  #4

Will this be an FWRP or just a regular RP?

[ JACK ]
she/her | aquarius | frog lover

5/02/2020 4:39 pm  #5

Regular RP

5/02/2020 4:40 pm  #6

Bookmoark!

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

5/02/2020 4:40 pm  #7

I'm really hoping the formatting doesn't go all weird on me again, but here's a couple of my forms.

Name: Zabella Mallamo 
*Nickname{s}: Bella, Zabell 
Tribe{s}: NightWing 
Sexuality: Straight 

Appearance: Zabella has black hair that falls to her earlobes. It curls slightly inwards. Her eyes are a deep purple, mostly mistaken for a black, and when it's in the sun, it shines like a raven's feathers. Zabella has a pointy nose. She stands about 5’4”, and likes to wear heels to appear taller. Her skin is fair with no freckles, and it doesn't seem to tan very well either. Her wings are black with deep purple membranes. The inside of her wings have different shades of blue splattered around randomly. 
Clothing Preference: She tends to wear heeled, lace up boots that go to about knee-height. She often wears a black jean jacket and a navy blue button up shirt underneath. She tends to wear a dark purple skirt with a ruffle in it, with a pair of black leggings underneath Sometimes, she wears a dark brown belt. Her jade accessory is a jade broach that she pinned to her shirt. 
Personality: Zabella is serious, sarcastic, and often comes off as rude, bossy and demanding. She isn't one to start a conversation, but if she is talking with someone, it's likely she will try to keep it going. Why? She's afraid of losing people, so to get people not to talk with her, she tries to repel others away by being rude. She is aggressive, arrogant, snappish and definitely protective of her friends. To her friends, she is more kind, though she is still sarcastic around them. She loves to share her ideas with her friends, and doesn't mind pulling the occasional prank on people, friends or not. 

House: Jade
Power{s}: Most of the time, she just makes blue lightning cackle between her fingers to look menacing. She has been practicing that for quite some time, so she can do that for about 5 minutes or else she passes out. When she uses her powers, her hair becomes static. She can blast lightning up to about five yards away. Of course, blasting her lighting drains quite a lot of her energy and very quickly, so she rarely does that. 
*Crush/Shippable?: Open
*Backstory: Zabella had just never been very sociable. She was home schooled for the first few grades and then later attended a public school despite her wishes. Her parents, having received the letter to Jade Mountain Academy, signed her up in hopes that she would become more friendly.
OtherPoV color

Name: Ryan Zauben 
*Nickname{s}: Ry, and sometimes Ryry {Rye-Rye} 
Tribe{s}: MudWing IceWing hybrid {Takes the MudWing spot}
Sexuality: Straight

Appearance: Ryan has about an average height of 5’5'' and a stout build. He has rough, calloused skin that's fair and lots of muscle. Most of his muscle is in his arms rather than his legs, and he doesn't have much stamina when it comes to running. He has dirty blond hair cut sloppily at his ears. He has bright amber eyes and a button nose. His wings are kinda wonky. They take the shape of a MudWing's with the sharp claws of an IceWing at the tip. The membrane is a deep brown but the actual wing flap itself is almost a beige color. He wears a quartz earring in his left ear that looks similar to Quibli's amber earring.
Clothing Preference: Pretty much whatever he's comfortable in, but most of the time he's seen wearing a deep brown trench coat. 
Personality: Ryan is timid and caring. He isn't the brightest, but what he lacks in brain-power he makes up for in heart and muscle. He's very caring and loyal, and tends to be pretty romantic as well. He's extremely protective of his friends and would do anything for them. He tries his best to prove himself to everyone and tries to be the best he can. Ryan, however, doesn't really listen to his sad emotions. {Ex, anger, jealousy, sadness, etc.} and bottles them up. This leads to huge outbursts of strong emotion, mostly anger. He tends to have the appearance of an awkward, nerdy guy, and he hates the fact that he's viewed like that. But really, he is pretty awkward when he first meets you, due to the fact he tries to always use his manners.

House: Quartz  
Power{s}: To a degree, Ryan can manipulate metal. Though he cannot bend it, he has figured out a way to “push” and “pull” it, if you will. By this, I mean he can sense nearby metal and either pull it towards him, or he can use his ability to “shove” or thrust himself forward so long as the metal object is a} heavier than him, b} secured safely into a wall, or c} on the ground with him above it. He has a higher tolerance for colder weather than most do. He's not nearly as resistant to the cold as a full IceWing. 
*Backstory: Nah, but maybe I'll reveal this at a later time.
Other: PoV color

Last edited by Rune01 (5/02/2020 4:48 pm)

5/02/2020 4:50 pm  #8

Name: Zodiac Sacra
*Nickname{s}: None
Tribe{s}: Silkwing/Nightwing
Sexuality: Bisexual
Appearance: He has long silver hair, which matches his eyes. It seems to shine everywhere, even inside. He's about 5 "7, and hates to be teased about it. He has a very pale skin tone no matter how much time he spends in the sun. Zodiac's wings are a dark blue with silver sparkles splashed randomly across them, like a Nightwings. In the sun they appear like an oil spill, all dark colors of the rainbow. {you know what I'm talking about right?}, and some lines on the wings stay the same dark blue, creating a very weird affect.
Clothing Preference: He likes baggy sweatshirts {because of the long sleeves}, and any type of pants except shorts. He wears his jade piece in the form of matching hoop earrings.
Personality: Zodiac is sweet and pretty anxious. He worries about a lot of things, but can tune it out when someone is in need of help. He doesn't have any self-confidence, but likes to talk to people and pretend he does. He's very compassionate and empathetic with everyone but himself, and is always to hard on himself. 
Power{s}: He's a flamesilk
*Crush/Shippable?: No crush yet, yES HE'S SHIPPABLE
*Backstory: He was basically left out of his family because he was a hybrid. Zodiac's father, who was a Nightwing, died just after he was born. His mother and her Silkwing family rejected him because of his black scales {I know shallow right}. They barely talk to him, but his mother keeps making him feel grateful that she hasn't kicked him out completely. When Zodiac found out he was a flamesilk, he hid it from everyone, including his family. He still doesn't know why they allowed him to go to Jade Mountain, but he is determined never to go back to them once school is over. Zodiac is subconsciously scared of people that resemble his mother, and his nervousness will appear very easily if he's put in a situation with them.
Other: drapple XD

[/Astra|Evergreen\]
She/Her
s l e e p

wow i exist??

5/02/2020 4:50 pm  #9

actually, save me a hybrid spot for Nightwing in Sapphire, and a sandiwng in Jade.

I kinda want to take the animus spot but idk

I'm also thinking it would be a good idea to fill most of the houses up before moving onto the next one, right?

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

5/02/2020 4:54 pm  #10

@Astra, which spot does she take up if she's a hybrid?

---

@Time, Sapphire house is closed for the moment. It'll open once the Jade House has completely filled up. I'll save the SandWing though. As for your question about filling up one house at a time, I'm really fine with however people want to work. It doesn't matter much anyway.

5/02/2020 4:55 pm  #11

{He XD}
...Silkwing ig?

[/Astra|Evergreen\]
She/Her
s l e e p

wow i exist??

5/02/2020 4:57 pm  #12

Oop I read that wrong. XD

I don't see his house listened anywhere... Did you mean to put Jade because of his earrings?

5/02/2020 5:00 pm  #13

oh oops.

I was actually wondering about powers. for ex.

If you put a hybrid in the Nightwing slot, does that mean they control lighting? Or possibly can they control their other side's power instead of their slot's power?

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

5/02/2020 5:01 pm  #14

Read the Guide to Hybrids at the end of the tribe descriptions

5/02/2020 5:02 pm  #15

oooh could you save the rainwing for copper and a hybrid spot for the leafwing in jade?

kat !
any prns

5/02/2020 5:03 pm  #16

@Meerkat, of course! 

5/02/2020 5:03 pm  #17

@Rune oop yep sorry

[/Astra|Evergreen\]
She/Her
s l e e p

wow i exist??

5/02/2020 5:03 pm  #18

Save me a Nightwing in the Silver House and a Silkwing in the Copper House!(Hopefully I'm not too late!)

Persona:Lavender the Dragon-Cat-Girl-Thing

This is going to be awesome, I just know it!!

5/02/2020 5:06 pm  #19

Yess i did

I guess it does answer my question.

Well then, if you could, can you make the sandwing spot in Jade saved for hybrid?

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

5/02/2020 5:06 pm  #20

Name: Isla Kalawaia
Tribe: SeaWing
Sexuality: Lesbian
Appearance: Isla is an average height for her age (5’4”), although she has a fair bit of chubbiness, with a plump face and generally rounded features. Her skin is a tanned brown, and she has wavy sea-green hair in a bob. Isla’s eyes are teal, and her wings are jade-green, with seafoam-green membranes and luminescent stripes that are almost white. The girl's horns are a darker color than her scales—they're also shorter and stubbier than those of most SeaWings, but they still retain a curved shape. Her tail, likewise, is the same color as her wings, with a soft seafoam green underside, the same color as her webbing.
Clothing Preference: Her apparel mainly consists of more loose-fitting clothing: oversized sweaters, graphic tees, and high-waisted jeans (cuffed, of course) over sneakers or lace-up boots. She wears a single jade teardrop earring.
Personality: To most dragons, Isla seems to be a rather shy and sequestered individual, rarely ever choosing to open up conversations with others. She does, however, seem to act much more at ease when she's around her friends and family. She's easily intimidated by most individuals, making it difficult for her to truly warm up to anyone. The dragoness tends to overthink the smallest of problems and convince herself of the worst possible scenarios, leading to a large amount of anxiety.
Isla can easily become frustrated or annoyed, although she rarely ever displays these emotions. instead choosing to bottle them away until she can no longer hold them in. She also has little self-confidence—her primary source of validation comes from the praise of those around her, which she constantly feels a need to seek out. Because of her mother's influence, she's come to believe that her self-worth is determined solely by how much other dragons approve of her. She's extremely self-deprecating as well, criticizing herself for virtually every action that she makes; as a result, she has a hard time accepting praise from others.
Because of her nervous demeanor, Isla usually becomes awkward in social settings and may act in a manner that makes others uncomfortable. However, her interpersonal skills have begun to improve with the assistance of her friends.
House: Jade House
Power(s): So far, Isla can only manipulate water from a pre-existing source. She’s currently training to convert water from its vapor form to its liquid form and vice versa.
*Backstory: Isla was born in the Kingdom of the Sea, but moved to Possibility with her mother when she was about 6 years old. From there, she attended a local public school for most of her life. More recently, she was accepted into Jade Mountain Academy. Here, she hopes she'll be able to improve her skills in socialization.
Other: Drapple, PoV color

Last edited by Jack (5/04/2020 3:33 pm)

[ JACK ]
she/her | aquarius | frog lover

5/02/2020 5:07 pm  #21

@Astra, accepted!

---

@Lavender, all saved!

---

@Time, saved!

5/02/2020 5:08 pm  #22

Oh gosh there's so many people on this thread today XD

@Jack, accepted!

5/02/2020 5:22 pm  #23

Wait wait wait I have one last question

Do they have tails? Do they have horns?

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

5/02/2020 5:24 pm  #24

They can! 

5/02/2020 5:25 pm  #25

Yeah I'll add them to my character then. I can't really see a dragon hybrid without them.

Time.
Originally from WoFMB

Board footera